Fledgling Shadri Has a Stomach, Yo

Dusk

rankins-bearded-dragon-eating-hibiscus.j

A couple challenges ago, I developed a format for my challenge, since nothing had been working. That plan was: do one healthy thing per day. Just one. This plan has been awesome so far! This seems to be the first thing that has actually stuck with me, and I think fitness is actually becoming a habit now. 

Here is the newest installment in the saga of my long-awaited success:

The One Goal: Logging food in My Fitness Pal every day! EVERY DAY. Try and keep macros reasonable. Yeeeah.

Optional: Eat Paleo as often as possible; take my brother to parkour open gym on Fridays.

Continued from previous challenges: Continue going to the gym 2-3 times per week and going to parkour at least once a week.

I know my intro post is way short, and for that I apologize. School has liquefied my brain (damn you, Magneto!!) and my anxiety has been rearing it's ugly head a lot more frequently lately, so I'm not really feeling too creative at the moment. BUT. I am here, and I am going to do my best amidst the madness. My stomach, my body, and my psyche deserve it. <3

• Like 7

Following. Sorry Magneto is being all villainy.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Nom nom FOOD nom nom.  Wait, what??

The fact that you're still pressing ahead and challenging yourself, even with all the other things you have going on in life, is darn impressive!  Go Shadri go!!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. Sorry Magneto is being all villainy.

Ees ok. Only 6.5 weeks left in the semester, and then (as long as I pass the class) I will be forever free from Magneto's grasp! Unless I decide to go to grad school ahahaha life decisions I'm not ready.

(For those of you who aren't in on the running joke, Magneto is the evil villain code-name for my Electricity and Magnetism class at university. It is awful, hence the evil villain code-name. :panda: )

7 hours ago, SkiBlue said:

Simple still gets stuff done. :)

Yes ma'am! Need to bring back that old adage from middle school: KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid!!

7 hours ago, shaarawy said:

Nom nom FOOD nom nom.  Wait, what??

The fact that you're still pressing ahead and challenging yourself, even with all the other things you have going on in life, is darn impressive!  Go Shadri go!!

^_^ Thanks shaar! Being healthy is one part of my life that I don't want to give up when life gets crazy. Especially y'all on the forums. You're like my extended family.

(I never thought I would feel this closely attached to strangers on the internet O___O)

7 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Nice, solid plan, Shadri! You've got this! :)

Thanks Miaulin! Love your signature, btw. Ranger's Apprentice has got to be one of my favorite series on the PLANET!! <3

• Like 3

I'm here for the parkour, of course!  Even if you're really busy, you should make sure that you still do some parkour, as it's great for stress relief. :)

And I'm sorry about Magneto, but I'm sure he'll be vanquished in a couple months.  Even if you do grad school, though, you don't necessarily have to battle Magneto again.  There are a lot of sub specialities in physics that don't do so much E&M.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

2 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm here for the parkour, of course!  Even if you're really busy, you should make sure that you still do some parkour, as it's great for stress relief. :)

And I'm sorry about Magneto, but I'm sure he'll be vanquished in a couple months.  Even if you do grad school, though, you don't necessarily have to battle Magneto again.  There are a lot of sub specialities in physics that don't do so much E&M.  

Oh yes, I am going to make sure I keep going to parkour. I love it too much! <3

Yep - only 6.5 weeks left in the semester, and then hopefully I will never have to face Magneto again in my undergraduate career.

Perhaps... though most of the programs I've looked at require 2 semesters of EM theory, which is a bummer. :P 

9 hours ago, Shadri said:

Perhaps... though most of the programs I've looked at require 2 semesters of EM theory, which is a bummer. :P 

Fair enough. :)  What areas are you considering?  I went into more of a condensed matter physic/Optoelectronics program for grad school, and there was definitely more EM stuff.  (But I also switched from physics to EE in grad school).  I would guess that some areas like high energy physics wouldn't require much EM.  

I'm really glad you're sticking with the parkour!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Following. So glad the one-thing system is working out for you!

On 30 March 2016 at 0:28 PM, Shadri said:

I am here, and I am going to do my best amidst the madness. My stomach, my body, and my psyche deserve it. <3

Knowing this doesn't make it easy, but it does make it worth it :)

• Like 1

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

HEY THERE YOU ARE BACK <3

You've got this, I'm so excited for you!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

On March 31, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Nymeria said:

Fair enough. :)  What areas are you considering?  I went into more of a condensed matter physic/Optoelectronics program for grad school, and there was definitely more EM stuff.  (But I also switched from physics to EE in grad school).  I would guess that some areas like high energy physics wouldn't require much EM.  

I'm really glad you're sticking with the parkour!

Well, astrophysics has my interest, though I won't really know whether that's something I want to pursue until I take my astro class in the fall. I'm also pretty fond of optics, and pretty decent at it I guess, so that's also an option. I haven't had enough exposure to other areas (high energy, molecular/particle, etc) to take them into consideration.

I am glad I'm sticking with parkour too! ;) I was gonna go to class yesterday, in fact, but it started snowing and my street was terribad. ONLY my street, of course, cos I live in the freaking Inland Bermuda Triangle. *sigh* So I'm gonna see if I can go tomorrow instead.

8 hours ago, BitterOyster said:

Following. So glad the one-thing system is working out for you!

Knowing this doesn't make it easy, but it does make it worth it :)

Hai Oyster! I'm glad to see you ^_^ thanks for popping in!

You are absolutely right - it will be SO HARD and SO WORTH IT.

29 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

HEY THERE YOU ARE BACK <3

You've got this, I'm so excited for you!

Jediii! <3 Where is your challenge thread, lady? I want to stalk follow you :panda: 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zero week is going pretty well. Drowning in E&M homework, of course, but otherwise fine. I've been tracking food all week so far, and doing pretty well actually at staying mostly paleo and staying within my macros. AWESOMESAUCE. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Jediii! <3 Where is your challenge thread, lady? I want to stalk follow you :panda: 

Just finished it! It's in my signature :)

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

On 3/30/2016 at 4:25 PM, Shadri said:

as long as I pass the class

YOU WILL PASS THE CLASS. With emphasis on the "will" part :)

Glad to have ya back, Shadri, liquefied brain and all! 

29 minutes ago, Shadri said:

I've been tracking food all week so far, and doing pretty well actually at staying mostly paleo and staying within my macros. AWESOMESAUCE.

That's a good start to things!

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On April 1, 2016 at 8:10 AM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Just finished it! It's in my signature :)

Gotcha :)

On April 1, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Wild Wolf said:

YOU WILL PASS THE CLASS. With emphasis on the "will" part :)

Glad to have ya back, Shadri, liquefied brain and all! 

That's a good start to things!

Wolf

Thank you for the encouragement, Wolfie! I wish I had that confidence, haha. I'll survive it somehow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, Saturday, Sunday haven't been too great on the food front... cuz I ran out of salad stuff, and mom got like pizza and cookies and all kinds of crap that I just couldn't resist. Ugh. Starting fresh tomorrow though - went grocery shopping today :)

Went to parkour open gym with my little bro on Friday, and then went to parkour class on Saturday where we worked on plyos and learned some super basic technique for laches. Really all we did with laches was learn how to let go of the bar so that we don't fall on our back. It was super fun, but it made my hands hurt after only a few attempts, so I stopped. Today I went grocery shopping, and the rest of the day is dedicated to catching up on homework... or trying to, anyway. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
On 3/30/2016 at 4:25 PM, Shadri said:

Thanks Miaulin! Love your signature, btw. Ranger's Apprentice has got to be one of my favorite series on the PLANET!! <3

Thanks! Ranger's Apprentice is the actual bomb-diggity, whatever that is. It's what turned my reading addiction into an even worse reading addiction XD

No sweat about the slip-up on food, like you said, fresh start! Any particular kinds of salads you do? There's a wonderful potential variety when it comes to salad-making. My favorite is chopped romaine and mixed greens with a maple-dijon vinaigrette, occasionally some sliced almonds or something tossed on top. Yummy extraordinaire. <3 Apple-pecan with grilled chicken is pretty fantastic, too. 

Parkour always sounds amazing and I think anybody who does it is amazing, so there's also that. Basically you do parkour and are therefore amazing. :P

Matthew 25:34-40

On March 30, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Shadri said:

ONLY my street, of course, cos I live in the freaking Inland Bermuda Triangle.

I feel your pain. 

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

2 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Thanks! Ranger's Apprentice is the actual bomb-diggity, whatever that is. It's what turned my reading addiction into an even worse reading addiction XD

No sweat about the slip-up on food, like you said, fresh start! Any particular kinds of salads you do? There's a wonderful potential variety when it comes to salad-making. My favorite is chopped romaine and mixed greens with a maple-dijon vinaigrette, occasionally some sliced almonds or something tossed on top. Yummy extraordinaire. <3 Apple-pecan with grilled chicken is pretty fantastic, too. 

Parkour always sounds amazing and I think anybody who does it is amazing, so there's also that. Basically you do parkour and are therefore amazing. :P

Ranger's Apprentice is the one book series that I own every single book of. And I re-read over and over and never get tired of. <3 Have you read The Tournament at Gorlan????? It just came out last October!!!

I make pretty generic salads. I usually buy a container of spring mix, put some lunch meat chicken on it, and dressing or guacamole or sunflower seeds or some combination of those. They're tasty, but kinda boring. I'm gonna mess around with making different dressings, putting different seasonings and such in it so that my salads aren't so generic and boring! :P 

Parkour is AWESOOOOME. You definitely need to try it if you ever get the opportunity!!!

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

I feel your pain. 

Ah, the joys of winter~ <3

• Like 1

Day 1.1

Logged ALL foods. BAM. Rangered.

Stayed mostly paleo except for some hot chocolate and some mashed potatoes, and the breading on the pork chops mom made for dinner (which were amazing, thank you mama). Stayed mostly under macros, except for sodium. I need to figure out something better than deli lunch meat to put on my salads. I did, however, get some avocados while they were slightly cheaper, so I had 1/2 an avocado on my salad today instead of guacamole, and it was amazing. <3

School stress kinda dragged me down the rest of the day, but I'm looking forward to the gym tomorrow morning to clear my head. After Thursday of this week, the turmoil will have died down, for the most part, for the time being, hopefully. Thursday is my Magneto exam.

And, conveniently enough, Thursday is also parkour class, so that'll be great - destressing after my exam can be done no better way than Basically Ninja Training!

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Shadri said:

I need to figure out something better than deli lunch meat to put on my salads. 

Maybe you can get frozen precooked grilled chicken? You could make the salad the night before and throw the chicken on it and put it in the fridge. Overnight thawing should make it not frozen when you eat it, and it'll also help keep your salad cold?

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

38 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Maybe you can get frozen precooked grilled chicken? You could make the salad the night before and throw the chicken on it and put it in the fridge. Overnight thawing should make it not frozen when you eat it, and it'll also help keep your salad cold?

That's a good idea! I'll have to look into that. Money may be an issue - I've looked at frozen meats before and the ones I found were kinda spendy - but if I could get some cheaper cuts of meat and cook them all on Sunday or something, I could freeze those and accomplish the same thing on my own.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Day 1.2

So much for the gym today. I hella tweaked my shoulder, so I couldn't even do my usual stretches without it hurting. I did do a few walking laps and a couple running/sprint interval laps, so it wasn't completely wasted time. Food tracking is on target for completion; the only thing I have yet to record is dinner.

ALSO - my Magneto exam stress was cut today by like 80%! Our instructor did a review session today, in which he told us "these are the exact things you need to know for the exam". And I already know how to do several of them. And we get a half-sheet of paper, front and back, for formulas and whatever we want. YASS. No more stress. I am taking a leisurely evening to take a bath and pamper my poor shoulder.

tumblr_inline_nf655dUHqS1sqdisy.png

• Like 4

So glad to hear you're still Rangering the hell out of your parkour program, despite all of your classes and hectic life schedule!

On 2016-04-03 at 5:41 PM, Shadri said:

Ranger's Apprentice is the one book series that I own every single book of. And I re-read over and over and never get tired of. <3 Have you read The Tournament at Gorlan????? It just came out last October!!!

ARGH!  I keep forgetting about the new book.  Definitely need to make a trip to the library and pick it up already!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Magneto is trembling before you, as I said it would.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So glad to hear you're still Rangering the hell out of your parkour program, despite all of your classes and hectic life schedule!

ARGH!  I keep forgetting about the new book.  Definitely need to make a trip to the library and pick it up already!

Yeeeah! It's probably one of the highlights of my week nowadays. :)

Doooo eeeeeeet~ <3

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Magneto is trembling before you, as I said it would.

MUAHAHAHA YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE, MAGNETO

KNEEL BEFORE THE MAJESTY OF MY EQUATION SHEET

KNEEEEEEEEEL

:panda: 

• Like 2