• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Westeros Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Hey Rurik...when is our deadline for this? Sunday? For the extra nerdy nerds who want all the nerdy rules...(actually just because I want to put off those burpees as long as I can)

I get confused by "4 week" challenges that aren't quite 4 weeks.

• Like 3

Alright House Targaryen!  

HIIT workout completed this morning!

As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes:

• 20 squats
  • 10 push-ups to side-planks
  • 10 alternating side lunges w/ dumbell @ chest
  • 10 dynamic planks
  • 10 low jacks

Got through 3 rounds, plus 1 more squat set and push-up set.  

Making-of-Game-of-Thrones-Season-3-17.jp

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Xena said:

Hey Rurik...when is our deadline for this? Sunday? For the extra nerdy nerds who want all the nerdy rules...(actually just because I want to put off those burpees as long as I can)

I get confused by "4 week" challenges that aren't quite 4 weeks.

With the new 4WC followed by a one week break, I'm pretty certain we're back on an official full four week pattern.

But for our intents and purposes, deadline for mini-challenge completion is Sunday.  That way I can report a victor and announce a new House battle Monday!

11 hours ago, Rab397 said:

i might have missed this, but is there a sheet where we can track our progress?

No, sir.  I tried to keep things as simple as possible  All I'm hoping for is that folks will self-report by week's end and I can tally up successes for each Noble House to unveil a victor!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I tried to keep things as simple as possible  All I'm hoping for is that folks will self-report by week's end and I can tally up successes for each Noble House to unveil a victor!

It would probably be easier to keep track if you linked a blank google spreadsheet, so people could enter their names, the House they're supporting, and whether the task is done.  Just saying...

if you want, I could go ahead and throw together the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

I pledge the following in support of my chosen houses and to prove my honor and worthiness.

House Stark: Complete 3 Hikes of at least 5mi in one week.

House Baratheon: Complete 30 pushups a day for the week.

House Tully: Drink 8 glasses of water for the rest of the week. Continue not drinking soda.

House Tyrell: Take the dog out for a walk for the rest of the week.

• Like 1

First pushup workout done, 10 reps of Diamonds, claps, spidermans and wide respectively, then failure on standard was 14 reps.

One more workout to complete this week for the challenge.

• Like 1

It would probably be easier to keep track if you linked a blank google spreadsheet, so people could enter their names, the House they're supporting, and whether the task is done.  Just saying...

if you want, I could go ahead and throw together the spreadsheet.

Please do! That isn't a bad idea at all. :)

• Like 1

Okay.  I made a super basic sheet, but it should help Rurik keep track of everything.  Let me know if the link is working, and if you can edit things.  And if anyone is awesome with spreadsheets and wants to make everything fancier, feel free. :)  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caUvjRNJjeTsQh9iAG8nQ3Xwdmu9-7YveR-mtKa6avE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Okay.  I made a super basic sheet, but it should help Rurik keep track of everything.  Let me know if the link is working, and if you can edit things.  And if anyone is awesome with spreadsheets and wants to make everything fancier, feel free. :)  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caUvjRNJjeTsQh9iAG8nQ3Xwdmu9-7YveR-mtKa6avE/edit?usp=sharing

I'll pretty things up if I find myself with a serious surplus of spare time at some point.  Otherwise it looks solid enough for me, and more importantly... does everything we need it to!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Thanks a lot.

On March 30, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Marauder said:

Stark - double up your regular walks x2 days this week

Targaryen - finish trip/stop planning for summer road trip

Tully - increase water consumption and track this week, no alcohol even on the weekend

Martell - revisit the GMB Focused Flexibility assessment this week and modify your daily stretches

I really love the PvP aspect of this.  Hopefully it will keep me engaged on the mini-front!  Thanks Rurik! 

Road trip hotels booked eastbound AND westbound now.  Do not miss tourist stops and food stops noted.  Check.  Spreadsheet updated.

On 3/30/2016 at 7:55 PM, ladyelmo1 said:

Stark:  I haven't run outdoors yet this season.  (Still too cold for me up here) For my challenge I will take the plunge and hit the frozen roads.

Targaryen:  I will do all the planning for my vacation that I've been putting off.

Tully:  I will track all my water consumption for the week.

Tyrell:  I will clean out and prepare my backyard garden for planting.

Targaryen update:

Tasks completed: All road travel planned and 2 of 3 nights booked.  Disney tickets purchased, fast pass reservations made and 1st draft of park tour done. Disney app downloaded. Budget complete. Review of kids available summer clothes done, and shopping list complete. List of car activities done.

Tasks remaining: Clothes shopping. Finalize plans for 3rd travel night - staying with family. Review shopping list and draft conceptual Whole30 compliant menu for my sister who is going with us (this is a new addition to my planning, but she is freaking out and I'm a pro at meal planning).

Feeling pumped! This challenge has really helped me stay focused. This trip is going to be epic!!!

oops, I did the wrong house:redface-new:. Luckily, I noticed today when I went to update the spreadsheet. Off to do my 80 second farmer's walk for team Baratheon now. il_340x270.594159909_g8ax.jpg

Targaryen - schedule, leave work on time

Monday I worked late, Tuesday and Thursday I have yoga, so I leave after that technically on time, Wednesday and Friday I left early...I'm calling this a win...not sure why I thought I did worse at this...

Ours is the fury!

Second push up workout completed drunkenly last night. Possibly due to the beer failure on the final set was only 11 reps, but a success House Baratheon nonetheless.