• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Westeros Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

I have failed my house =(  Circumstances kept me from taking my animals outside (rude neighbors and one dog decided to go in to heat this week) 

Aw, hey, that isn't your fault! *Hugs* I'm sure your house forgives you :)

• Like 2

Targaryen - schedule start/end time for work, bonus - booking flights and activities for holiday in May

Success. It felt quite frantic at times but I managed to start and leave work as planned. Overall a very pwerful thing to do - will be trying to continue this.

Bonus also unlocked - finally got all flights and tickets for Swiss wrestling booked!

• Like 1

I was only able to get in one HIIT session last week instead of two and so was unable to fulfill my commitment to House Targaryen. I will do better for the other houses in the weeks to come. 

WEEK ONE

Weekly Houses:  House Baratheon versus House Targaryen.

House Baratheon members:  Ten (10).   Eight were successful in their endeavors.

House Targaryen members:  Twelve (12).   Ten completed their declared feats.

House Targaryen bannermen collectively completed 83.3% of their goals.

Those sworn to House Baratheon came up short with a marginal 80% of their declared goals.

House Targaryen triumphs over House Baratheon to claim victory this week!

250px-House_Targaryen_crest.PNG

What houses are going this week? I need to redeem myself!

The boards are broken again and won't let me edit, so...

A showdown is set between the rich Westerlands and the unforgiving North,

Wolf and Lion will march onto the field of battle as they did in the tales,

The House of Winter will battle the Golden Lion for the honor of victory!

House Baratheon.

wallpaper-stark-sigil-1600.jpg

House Lannister.

wallpaper-lannister-1600.jpg

Complete your goals, report your accomplishments, and be honest!  For the week, and the spoils, goes to the victor!

• Like 4

Here's the tracking spreadsheet so everyone is made aware of it going into Week Two:  Westeros Gonna Ranger PvP

Page-Break.png

My feat for the week...

• House Lannister:  I will pay off a minimum of 100 gold stags in debt plus afford my GoRuck Rucker, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and challenge rewards without negatively impacting my debt repayment and savings schedules, and surviving this week until payday without drawing from credit.

Since I have already accomplished this almost in its entirety (minus the challenge rewards) from last paycheck, I am making an addendum to up the ante for the Glory of House Lannister.

A steady week deserves a rock-solid theme song.  ;)

• Like 5

Close one last week!

This week's goal is an hour of work on my website. (My "debt" as a Lannister). A much-needed job I'm 100% positive I wouldn't have made time for otherwise.

Lannisters Unite! Hear Me Roar! (very quietly, because I'll be alone in a snooker room and roaring may be frowned upon).

My goal is 2 hours of solo snooker practice this week; hope I find time to fit it in.

• Like 1

As a side note, I was reading some of @Rurik Harrgath old posts to get material for his inclusion as a character in the 'living novel' aspect of my challenge when I came across this:

" I want to life a more heroic life, something worthy of fantasy literature (maybe not Game of Thrones though...) " -Rurik Harrgath

Oh how times change! :P 

• Like 2

I love the timing of this one, considering this particular week contains both payday and rent day.

Lannister: Create a weekly budget plan encompassing EVERYTHING, hard cash and card payments alike. Also get to the bank and organise my mess of direct debits...

Cobbled the budget plan together already, now comes the challenge of sticking to it. Heading into the bank tomorrow to tackle that little issue (bonus points for sorting out my dormant bank account too?!). 

• Like 1

Lannister:  A Lannister always pays his debts. I'm pretty frugal when I wanna be - and my goal for this portion is to budget out the remainder of the month's bills and attempt to squirrel away at least 30% of the 'leftover' funds into my savings account. It'll be easy peasy in theory, but in practice weeeell... that's why it's a challenge :P 

I tried to edit this yesterday when I posted my results for last week - considering I had a monetary emergency over the weekend >.< and had to drop a decent chunk of my 'leftover' money into a new battery for my car.

So, amended version: Lannister: Complete my month's budget and finish my debt repayment plan worksheets (After a pretty icky financial windfall, we wound up with four defaulted credit cards + a defaulted loan. I've managed to rectify two of the card balances entirely, but I need to buckle down and budget out the other two cards as well as the loan repayment.)

Geocaching won't work this week. They say it will be raining the whole weekend. But I already found another plan to follow.

House Stark is all about being prepared and I have to get up really early this week - At least earlier than I'm used to. XD So I'll try to sleep before 11 pm and pack my bag, prepare my lunchbox and if necessary get a shower in the evening beforehand.

Yesterday went well. I was in bed 22:15 and my gear was ready. I aim to do so another two times to accomplish my goals.

As a side note, I was reading some of @Rurik Harrgath old posts to get material for his inclusion as a character in the 'living novel' aspect of my challenge when I came across this:

" I want to life a more heroic life, something worthy of fantasy literature (maybe not Game of Thrones though...) " -Rurik Harrgath

Oh how times change! :P 

I just don't want to live in fear of my friends and family, nor feeling forced to avoid any and all social events due to an irrational fear of the color red.  

Otherwise I can handle the swords and sorcery bit.  ;)

• Like 3

Lannister:  Reconcile expenses for the last two months in Mint; Update net worth spreadsheet

Perfect timing for this week!  I just used my lunch break to go through and clean up my categories and budgets for the last two months in Mint, and will update my budget tracking/net worth spreadsheet either later today or tomorrow.