PixieKitten Lifts ALL the Thngs!

PixieKitten

Pixie Kitten has been shirking her workouts.

Pixie Kitten has had a string of illness after illness all year.

Pixie Kitten is getting back into it with an all-or-nothing attitude.

This challenge, Pixie Kitten is getting STRONG.

Main Goal:

Beat no less than 4 PRs (18XP, STR+2)

Lift everything, get stronger, lift more, work harder.

Tasks to achieve this goal:

Find a way to make deadlifts heavier without buying anything. (16XP, DEX+2)

The original goal was to buy more weights for my barbell, as I've only got 20kg. But I'm dirt broke at the moment, so this'll be an exercise in improvisation. I'm open to suggesstions! =D

Increase progressions for all exercises. (16XP, STA+2)

Can't get better if you don't increase the work.

Increase food intake with protien shakes. (16XP CON+2)

Gonna have to compromise on the 'no-spending' thing here. I still really struggle to get enough food in every day, so at least this could help.

Sleep in workout clothes so there's no excuse in the morning. (16XP, WIS+2)

Makes sense. Being ready to workout as soon as I wake up can only be a good thing.

SIDE QUEST:

Save £300. (18XP, CHA+2)

Like I said, dirt broke. I keep having to dip into my savings. Savings have gone down about £400 since January. Bye bye holiday... So, by the end of this challenge, there will be a jar with £300 in it, that I started saving at the beginning of the challenge.

As usual, disney gifs and funny pet stories will provide constant interludes to the sweaty grimy stuff. Because that's just what I do.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

7 hours ago, PixieKitten said:

The original goal was to buy more weights for my barbell, as I've only got 20kg. But I'm dirt broke at the moment, so this'll be an exercise in improvisation. I'm open to suggesstions!

My first instinct would be to switch to a deadlift version that usually requires using lighter weight than a conventional deadlift.  The stiff-leg deadlift (which is what I do these days), or the Romanian "deadlift".  Another, more awkward, option would be to find things to tie to the bar - like stuffing handled bags with things and hang the bags from the bar.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Thank you Hazard! I'll be looking into those!

Bought the protien shake mix today so it won't interfere with my saving during the challenge :)

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.

DAY ONE

Whoooo!

Starting weight: 50.8kg

Today's workout:

Squats, 10kg, 6 sets of 5 reps

Overhead Presses, 10kg, 6x5

Negative Pullups, 6 x 4

Academy Bodyweight Workout B with both Star Level and Bonus Level:

10 Inverted Rows

20 Lunges

10 Close Grip Pushups

20 Step Ups

10 Reverse Crunches

:30 Jump Rope

Walking at an Incline for 10 minutes

Split Preparation Stretches

Just waiting for my protien shake stuff to get here now. Got a text saying it would be delivered today so I can't go anywhere until it gets here.. Because of course, even if I just walk the dog for 15 minutes, that'll be when it arrives! I suppose I will use this time stuck at home to eat everything in my cupboard!

Boyfriend robbed my eggs for work. The bastard.

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

The instructions say to have 400ml of milk/water with 3 scoops. I had 400ml of milk with one and a quarter scoops because I figure those guildlines are for bodybuilder-type guys. I'm only a little girly after all. I don't have a blender or a shake mixer so I had to whisk it with a fork in a measuring jug then sieve it into a mug. Must find a better way of doing that. Anyway, it was good. Super duper filling, thick, and more importantly, tasted good. Pixie is happy, and is now nomming on her 4th meal of the day: salmon, brocolli and carrot!

12938195_10154081494343659_2905236438900

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

Rest day today, i.e, Pixie has work from 12-10 and has no time to attempt a workout, not to mention she's sore from yesterday.

Still, I've walked the dog, biked to the stables, gotten Queenie in and fed her, left her on the yard to eat hay while I biked to the shop to get milk, had my daily shake and am now waiting for a pair of lamb leg steaks to cook before I tidy my room then get ready for work. Phew!

Level 9 Pixie

DAY THREE

Deadlifts 20kg, 6x4

Bench Presses 10kg, 6x3

Body Rows, 6x6

Academy Workout A:

10 Pushups x3

15 Bodyweight Squats x3

:15 Plank x3

30 Jumnping Jacks x3

...Pixie needs a shower before she gets on with her day..

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

That's a big container of protein powder....

On 4/4/2016 at 2:14 PM, PixieKitten said:

I don't have a blender or a shake mixer so I had to whisk it with a fork in a measuring jug then sieve it into a mug. Must find a better way of doing that. 

You could just buy a mixing ball and put the water and powder in a cup with a lid (or even a Tupperware container). I found a single mixing ball on Amazon for about 2 bucks and free shipping here. Just a cheap option. 

Looking good so far. :)

tumblr_inline_o4rvjqILHT1reygjb_500.gif

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

1 hour ago, lullaby88 said:

That's a big container of protein powder....

You could just buy a mixing ball and put the water and powder in a cup with a lid (or even a Tupperware container). I found a single mixing ball on Amazon for about 2 bucks and free shipping here. Just a cheap option. 

Looking good so far. :)

tumblr_inline_o4rvjqILHT1reygjb_500.gif

Thank you! Turns out my brother has a shaker thingy for his own(crappy) shakes, so I just borrow that now! It's so much easier, though it's small so I have to do it twice for one drink!

Only problem I'm having now is I'm out of money and have no food. So I'm gonna have to either add another daily shake a day until I can go shopping, or eat as much as possible while at work. I've got the good manager on today so I'm sure he'll let me take a plate home, even if I'm only working a 6 hour shift today!

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

Rest day is non existant as far as rest is concerned. I agreed to do a 5k this summer yesterday. Have I mentioned I can't run to save my life? Did some training this morning. Shins hurt now. Of to see the horse as soon as I've finished my shake, then a couple of errands at home need doing, then it's off to work... again!

Level 9 Pixie

Today is not a rest day. Today is day one of week two. Today I have not. Stopped. Moving.

TODAY

on day one of week two

I FINALLY BROKE A PR.

I went swimming.

I haven't been swimming since december. In december I swam my first mile after weeks of weekly sessions. I swam that first mile in 55 minutes and 45 seconds.

Today I went swimming for the first time in months. Today I swam a mile in 54 minutes and 20 seconds.

I've also cycled a total of 14.9 miles, some of those with a heavy bag of shopping on my back.

Because I'm so tired, and feel like I've achieved something today, and really don't want to be too sore tomorrow, I'm forgoing my strength workout. I just think it would be over-doing it today.

Also, this week's weigh in is 51.3kg. First time it's gone up two weeks in a row!

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

PR number 2: Got 35,000 steps on fitbit.

You have no idea how long I've been on the treadmill to get this. After walking to the stables three times and half biking, half walking 8 miles to sort out my friend's snakes and back, and shopping, and I've still been on the treadmill for 2 movies.

I hate treadmilling.

Level 9 Pixie

During week two I did a lot more stuff. But I also ate a lot less stuff. This week's weight is 50.8.
 This week's goals are to eat. Eat eat eat eat eat. Go shopping today, and spend every spare moment eating. Make stuff that can be taken to work. Oh, and beat more PRs, of course :)

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

13055533_10154123637513659_6469563872259

Boom.

Went up the malvern hills today. Went from great malvernstation to camp hill, then walked on the roads back to the station. I believe that is PR number 4 and a bif fat CHECK for my main quest!

Also, I went ahead and did this a little early, but the reason I planned to save £300 (which I am only £40 away from achieving!) was so that when I did this thing, there wouldn't be too much of a dip in the savings account. What is this thing?

This thing is booking a HOLIDAY TO MY FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD ISLAND

ALL BY MYSELF

FOR A WHOLE WEEK.

20 seconds of courage were used yesterday to book a self catering studio apartment for June as a month-early birthday celebration.

I'm going to Skiathos.

In Greece.

All by myself.

I'm going to fly on a plane.
All by myself.

I'm going to lounge on a beach.

All by myself.

I'm going to go on a jetski.

All by myself.

I'm going to go on hikes.

All by myself.

I'm going to go to restaurants.

All by myself.

I'M GOING TO SKIATHOS AFTER 7 YEARS OF BEING STUCK ON THIS STUPID RAINY COLD BIT OF ROCK WE CALL THE UK.

..... All by myself.

giphy.gif

I'm winning at life right now guys. Winning.

• Like 3

Level 9 Pixie

Thank you lullaby!

Yesterday, I broke my deadlift record by 10kg. I put my kettlebell in the middle of the bar. Not only did I check off another PR for this thread, but I got to tick off the 'Deadlift .5x your body weight' quest on the Academy! And I even beat that by 5kg!

Turns out I'm not going to greece by myself now. The amount of people (i.e everyone) who reacted badly was a little overwhelming. Boyfriend and I have sorted things out(again) and now he's coming with me. Life is still being won. With a little compromise. BUT NEXT TIME IM TOTALLY GOING SOMEWHERE BY MYSELF.

Level 9 Pixie