Osla's mysterious reappearance

Osla

I am going on a cruise in July to celebrate college graduation (Aggghhh!!) with my husband and my best friend. We will be snorkeling, and best of all going on a 2 hour trail ride on these gorgeous horses at a stable on Grand Bahama Island. I am using pictures from the stables as inspiration for this challenge, and the next several that lead up to the cruise in the end of July. I know that I cannot realistically lose every pound I need to lose in these short months but what I can do is leave healthier and stronger. I'd also really like to write a story about Osla as a somewhat lost witch with powers of frost and telekinesis sooooo here is a tiny attempt and I'll try to add some each week of this challenge and the subsequent ones as this story is all about Osla journeying across an island in seemingly the middle of nowhere.

giphy.gif

One moment the beach was empty. Nothing but the sounds of the surf as it battered the shoreline. Osla appeared as if from a void of nothingness with her feet planted firmly on the beach. The sun was high overhead and she could see the island as it lay before her. She closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath. Before she knew it her skin prickled and gleamed with an inner magic that was dying to escape. She could not explain why but she knew she had to reach the other end of the island. The witch knelt in the firm sand to plot her journey. She swiftly calculated that to reach the opposite tip of the island she would have to travel a full 96 miles. Osla knew that the journey was too far to travel in a short time and her speed steady, so she permitted herself time to reach the other end. She packed carefully crafted provisions, a rations log and a large silver flask filled with the coldest, clearest enchanted water she could conjure. She made markings along a tattered map where she would need to take camp for the night and checked her pack for a bedroll and dream dust. At last, she felt she could prepare herself no further. She wound her hands around each other for a moment feeling the restless magic that surged through her finger tips, stinging them with a deep chill. Osla tightened the laces on her well-worn knee high boots, dusted off her ankle length patchwork skirt, and needlessly adjusted the sheer cerulean blue shawl that lay draped around her pale freckled shoulders. "The island won't traverse itself, off with you" whispered a small voice inside her head. She squared her shoulders, straightened her spine and let one foot fall right in front of the other.

giphy.gif

Quests:

1. Walk 32 miles. 8 miles per week, broken down however necessary to get it done. Grading: Pass/Fail - if fail, will add remaining miles to next challenge to equal the 96 needed to walk from tip to tip of Grand Bahama Island. Rewards: 20 QP; 1STR & 2DEX

2. Track food daily using MFP. Grading: A-C. Rewards: 20 QP; 2CON

3. Drink 64 ounces of water per day. Grading: A-C. Rewards: 20QP; 2STA

4. Sleep 8 hours per night. Grading: A-C. Rewards: 20QP; 1CHA

LQ: Save $168 for the trip. Math tells me that if I stick back $56 into a jar (no joke, a jar) each biweekly paycheck until we leave I will have $500 in spending cash.  Grading: Pass/Fail -if fail, missing money will be added to total required for subsequent challenges. Rewards: 20QP; 2WIS

• Like 4

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,

STR 5 DEX 4 STA 2 CON 9 WIS 6 CHA 5

I love the story! Can't wait to see what trials await Osla :)

Great goals too ;)

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

I am super jealous of your cruise. Grand Bahama Island looks like my kinda place...!

Following along Osla!

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Good luck with your goals!

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

It was early in the morning on her second day of traveling the seemingly remote island. She stood just off a path and rearranged her satchel to make the upcoming day easier. Osla stretched her arms above her head and lifted her face to the sun as she closed her eyes. She had not covered much ground the day before and had quite a ways to go before sundown. She whispered a small enchantment and the tips of her boots were surrounded by a pale blue light. She lifted an eyebrow and half smiled to herself. A stirring in the brush farther up the path caught her attention and she headed towards the sound.

Daily Accounting

1. Miles walked: None

2. Food Tracked: Yes

3. Water drank: 0

4. Hours slept: 7hrs 33min

LQ: Money saved: $30

• Like 2

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,

As she drew nearer the noise in the brush, she began to feel nervous. She had hoped the island as empty as it appeared and even the thought of sharing her journey made her unsettled. She slowed her pace as she neared the brush and tightened the shawl about her shoulders. She realized, at last, that it was some sort of creature seemingly caught up in the winding vines that coated the ground and wound through the brush. She crouched low and peered into the shrubbery. She whispered in a softened voice, "Are you okay in there? Would you like some help?" She shook her head and gathered her shawl tighter as she timidly reached out a shaking hand towards the vine. She worked slowly and calmly, the whole while murmuring soothing incantations to the as yet unseen creature. She could tell it was large. She could tell it was breathing less frantically as her attempts to untangle the vines around the bush progressed.

Daily Accounting (Day 2)

1. Miles walked: 1/2 mile (too cold for more)

2. Food Tracked: Yes

3. Water drank: 32 ounces

4. Hours slept: 7hrs 22 minutes

LQ: Money saved: $30

• Like 2

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,

Week 1 Accounting:

1. Miles walked: 2 :/ Lots of ground to cover in week two if I want to hit my goal of 32 this challenge.

2. Food Tracked: Yes, all week

3. Water Drank: I didn't hit 64 during any days.

4. Hours slept: Averaged 7.1 for the week

LQ: Money saved: $11 (I pulled from the jar :( Need a better hiding spot.)

• Like 1

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,

She continued to pull the last of the winding vine away the brush that caught the creature in its grasp. Something wet and flat scraped against her outstretched hand. She looked down at her glove to make sure it was still intact. She lowered her body closer to the ground and peered inside as she snapped the very last bit of vine. Large brown eyes looked back into her steel grey ones. There was something so familiar in them, something so kindred that she closed her eyes to escape it for a moment. Her eyes looked over the thick, deep brown fur that covered the dog. His tail was beginning to beat to a unheard rhythm in the brush. She could not tell how big he was but could tell he was harmless. She stepped back from the brush and began dusting herself off as she softly called to him. He rambled slowly out of the mess and lay his large head against her thigh. Those eyes looked up at her and she couldn't help but smile as she tentatively reached down to pet behind his ears. He let out a sound of approval and pushed her forward.

Daily Accounting (W2 D1)

1. Miles Walked: 0 - ridiculously sore from Sunday's gymscapade

2. Food Tracked: Yes, every single bite

3. Water drank: 32 ounces

4. Hours Slept: 7hrs 12 minutes (However, for the record I took a 2 hour nap of glory mid day)

I am not really sure how my dog ended up in this story but he pushes his beautiful way into everything else so why not. Poor Osla was lonely anyhoo.

• Like 1

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,

Week 2 Accounting:

1. Miles walked: 10 still have a lot of ground to make up

3. Water Drank:  close to 64 most days

4. Hours slept: Averaged 7.3 for the week

LQ: Money saved: $53 I made up for what was missing and assuming I have money left after this stupid car repair I will be adding more.

• Like 1

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,

Week 3 Accounting:

1. Miles walked: 10

3. Water Drank:  close to 64 most days

4. Hours slept: Averaged 7.5for the week

LQ: Money saved: 1.86 don't ask

Week 3 hit me weird. I don't know. Reevaluating how I want to set this challenge up for the next round though, that is for sure.

• Like 1

XOXO ~ Osla

Level 4 Elf Adventurer

Current Challenge

My character

1st, 2nd,