Rab397 : Returning from the raid

ExpectJade

After a succesfull first raid it is time to set my goals for the next raid. With the finishing of the first raid i earned my first Viking bracelet. The first steps towards earning the title of viking has been taken. 2 more to go! The next one is completing the 13KM water edition in june!

[youtube]

Strength of Thor
This part will have to be determined later. This will be about increasing my strength. I can only do this once the nearby gym opens. the only thing i know is that it will open soon. I don't know when yet. So an update for this will soon arrive

Scouting with the druid
My GF is training for a ruck with school. She is the yoga type and therefore the druid reference. As a Ranger she asked my advice and i will train with her once a week for this challenge. A nice change of pace

Run like the wind
Somehow i forgot to add this part. Basicly run 3 times a week according to my training plan.

A healthy viking is a strong viking
Part of my last challenges was a mix of controling sugar and planning my meals. I will continue this in the way that on before hand i will plan my meals. I am not allowed to eat annything different then my planned meals. Only exception is if i feel my health is suffering. Say if i did a workout, and i get headache because my planned meals arent sufficient enough. To restrict myself from overeating or eating unhealthy i use Shello her snack Chart and edit it to my own use.

A little addition to this part. In order to reinforce good behavior. I will reward myself every friday if i stuck to my planning with a cheat day. I really enjoy a good burger and a beer. So if i stick to my plan i can have a burger on friday. Not just any burger but special ones. So if you guys have anny good burger recipes post them here and i will make one.

Calories carbs/protein

THE FAMOUS PICKLE WRAPPED IN CHEESE
Banana + PB 300
33/10

Cheese and crackers 300 19/13

Roasted Almonds (24) 180 6/7

Granola bar 170 20/4

1 egg + 1 egg white 120 2/10

Greek yogurt and berries 106 15/12

Cashews 100 5/3

1 egg 100 1/7

Piece of fruit 50-100 15/1

Hummus (2T) 50 5/1

carrots (½ c) 35 8/1

• Like 7

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

That clip of the Viking run might be the coolest thing I've ever seen!  

We have a lot of overlaps here.... All the meal planning and some rucking too.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

34 minutes ago, Rab397 said:

Calories carbs/protein

Banana + PB 300 33/10

Cheese and crackers 300 19/13

Roasted Almonds (24) 180 6/7

Granola bar 170 20/4

1 egg + 1 egg white 120 2/10

Greek yogurt and berries 106 15/12

Cashews 100 5/3

1 egg 100 1/7

Piece of fruit 50-100 15/1

Hummus (2T) 50 5/1

carrots (½ c) 35 8/1

Where's your famous pickle wrapped in cheese? :P

Following along Mr Rabbit! 

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

31 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

That clip of the Viking run might be the coolest thing I've ever seen!  

We have a lot of overlaps here.... All the meal planning and some rucking too.  

Great minds think alike ;)

41 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Looking forward to more of your awesomeness. Have fun Rucking with the Girlfriend.

Thanks i will post some updates on where we went and how it went!

12 minutes ago, deftona said:

Where's your famous pickle wrapped in cheese? :P

Following along Mr Rabbit! 

I do have to add the pickle! Such an amazing snack 

• Like 2

On 30. März 2016 at 9:46 PM, Rab397 said:

I updated my challenge a bit. In short if you have interesting burger recipes pleasse post them

Ok, ok I'll look them up. It will be just hard to translate them all.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

23 minutes ago, Rab397 said:

if they are in german i might be able to read them myself :) 

Would you be intrested in Veggie Burgers, too?

I like recipes from food wishes a lot:

http://foodwishes.blogspot.de/2015/06/teriyaki-burgers-and-sweet-potato-bun.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ace-TXcX6GY

You can find more burger recipes on his channel.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

13 minutes ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Would you be intrested in Veggie Burgers, too?

I like recipes from food wishes a lot:

http://foodwishes.blogspot.de/2015/06/teriyaki-burgers-and-sweet-potato-bun.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ace-TXcX6GY

You can find more burger recipes on his channel.

Veggie burgers are a great idea to try! never had one but i would love to try them :)

ill have a look at those recipes thanks :)

Burger recipe?

Meat + salt + fire = burger.  :D  Once you have burger you can put it on anything and put anything else on it.  I generally like to keep it simple:

x5n9CPQ.jpg

Bun

Grilled Onions

Cheese

Meat

Cheese

Meat

Grilled Onions

Cheese

Meat

Cheese

Meat

Lettuce

Tomato

Burger Sauce (equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise with a bit of relish)

Bun

For fitness purposes I've been replacing the buns with leaves of lettuce.   Otherwise I grill it, stack it, smoosh it, and eat it. ;)

• Like 6

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Spreadsheets

2 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Bun

Grilled Onions

Cheese

Meat

Cheese

Meat

Grilled Onions

Cheese

Meat

Cheese

Meat

Lettuce

Tomato

Bun

For fitness purposes I've been replacing the buns with leaves of lettuce. 

Bun

Grilled Onions

Cheese

Meat

Cheese

Meat

Grilled Onions

Cheese

Meat

Cheese

Meat

Lettuce

Tomato

Bun

3 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

For fitness purposes....

4 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

For fitness purposes....

4 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

For fitness purposes

fry_trace_by_deepfry3-d4y0xn2.png

• Like 7

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 hour ago, Rab397 said:

These kind of posts are why i love the doodlies :P
and about the burger part, i was actually hinting at interesting topping combinations with the salt+meat+fire combination.
I recently saw a burger with brie for example that i want to try :)

toppings?

giphy.gif

that is really all you need.. Although bacon and brie sounds divine.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Burger recipe?

Meat + salt + fire = burger.  :D  Once you have burger you can put it on anything and put anything else on it.  I generally like to keep it simple:

;)

Art of Manliness had a video on how to cook a burger. The guy doing the narrative showed how to form a pattie out of ground meat. He mentioned that "some people add egg and breadcrumbs." He then looked directly into the camera and said, "You can make meatloaf if you want. Today we're making burgers." That guy actually recommended rubbing some olive oil on the patties and adding salt and pepper.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Art of Manliness had a video on how to cook a burger. The guy doing the narrative showed how to form a pattie out of ground meat. He mentioned that "some people add egg and breadcrumbs." He then looked directly into the camera and said, "You can make meatloaf if you want. Today we're making burgers." That guy actually recommended rubbing some olive oil on the patties and adding salt and pepper.

I typically make my own turkey burgers and I use the olive oil trick to get them to brown a little better so that they feel more like real burgers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

toppings?

giphy.gif

that is really all you need.. Although bacon and brie sounds divine.  

Bacon+brie on thick slices of dark bread with a light garlic sauce and rucola... i think i just designed the first burger :D

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

KlCSzPR.jpg

i1m7IEy.gif

Idon't like plain ketchup, i like mayo :D

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

i used to add egg and breadcrumbs... i won't be now annymore 

42 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

I typically make my own turkey burgers and I use the olive oil trick to get them to brown a little better so that they feel more like real burgers.  

Turkey burgers is a good option!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rab397 said:

Bacon+brie on thick slices of dark bread with a light garlic sauce and rucola... i think i just designed the first burger :D

yess!  

• Like 1