• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck Learns to Marvel at Herself

Hi hi all!   So glad to see everyone!     

W1D1 - Monday

Foods:  30 over on carbs, 17g short on protein.   Calories otherwise just about on track.

Exercise:  Strength Day in warehouse, workout below.

Art:  Inspired by last night's Star Wars game, I pencil sketched a new piece of Jaiks instead of finishing the other. 

**If you are bored and want to see a bit of who Jaiks is, I was an uber nerd and created a website for this tabletop game.   Her Comm Link acts as my notes, and an IC correspondence to her friend.  The most recent two posts reflect our last 'mission'.

jaiks_new_scar_pencil_sketch_by_lilwolfe006-d9xvmfb.jpg

Workout:  Nia Shanks 12 Week Bodyweight/Dumbbell Program.

Week 3, Workout 1(M)

Reverse Lunge 3 x 15

10# x 15 x 1

16# x 15 x 2

Push Ups 3 x 15

3 x 15 - Incline (at box level)

Inverted Row 3 x 15

3 x 15 - On Rings

Glute Bridge 3 x 15

20# x 15 x 1

28# x 15 x 1

35# x 15 x 1

Reverse Crunch 3 x amrap

24 - 20 -18

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 x 10-15

2.5# x 15 x 3   ** crackles in both shoulders, not really painful, but I slowed down and went as easy as I needed to in order to avoid the snaps and pops.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing the Zombies, Run! VR, 5k on the indoor track at my local center.  (Because 40 and rain in the forecast, forget that!)

Ack! I'm so jealous! Hope the virtual race is awesome!

W1D2 - Tuesday

Foods:  37 over on carbs, 23g short on protein.   Calories/fat pretty much on target.

Exercise:  Run Day!   Did the Zombies, Run! 5K Virtual Race!

Art:  Got a good tutorial link on lines and know what I need to work on.  I spent a bit of time with a first ink of the new JaiksScar pic.

Food Stuff - Protein is so hard to get man!  I'm over on carbs (and technically 4 calories over) but I think I will end up close to 2300 calories expended, so I'm not worried at all.   Also - I have weight lifting and hockey tomorrow, and I really don't think I'm gonna manage to eat enough tomorrow, so if today is over it might be even more than okay.

Art Stuff - Update on Jaiks Pic.  Still having a hard time making the inked versions capture the emotion of the penciled versions.

Pe3YK0em.jpg

Other Stuff - Pics of my Zombies swag!

azO0EyGm.jpg   hSmf8hrm.jpg

In super awesome news, I know own everything I need for my cosplay of Wendy Marvell.  I found THESE shoes at the store while searching for new dress shoes.   They are also comfy and shouldn't bother my feet to be in them all day!  (Pic of Wendy on left for comparison!)  YAY!    Okay.  Time to play some Assassins Creed, then some ESO.

Wendy-Marvell-the-fairy-tail-guild-34997  ETqyua0m.jpg

• Like 3

W1D3 - Wednesday

Foods:  Total Calories 1921 : 207 Carbs, 63 Fat, 147 Protein (Omg, so much the protein.) **

**So, got the protein almost to where it needs to be, and while the carbs are technically over from my settings, it's probably for the best with the double dose of activity I am getting.   ETP wanted me to work up to 225g of carbs on my training days.

Exercise:  Strength Workout (as below) & 90 minutes of hockey.

Art:  Hoping to work on some inking practice when I get home, after dinner, but before hockey.  Will be a busy evening.

Marvel:  So this is weird, right?  I've owned this pair of pants for over a year.   And today is the first time I've caught this.

UEySAWLm.jpg

Yup, you guys just got to see my underwear!   Look how bold and confident I am showing underwear pics!  So yeah, it struck me as odd, that I'd never noticed this message on the inside of my pants.    Today I did.   And it made me smile.  

The run was frustrating yesterday because on Monday, my right foot (good foot) started misbehaving.   While taking a very nonchalant step toward something, the big toe's big joint strained and screamed and sent a shot of pain upwards to the top of my foot.  It has remained achy, and on random strides/steps, that pain is reproduced.    I ran anyway- just, putting more weight/concentration on the outside of my foot.  >.<    My legs felt great, AND my lungs were doing awesome.   So I finally get them to sync up, but something else breaks.    I'd been working to get my running back up to 5k non-stop (no walk breaks) and I DID that yesterday, with an okay pace too, considering the foot hang up.   3.1 miles in 33:59 minutes for a pace of 11:02/mile.     Hopefully, hockey tonight does not exacerbate the issue --- because I really need to get back on the ice too before I chicken out on that altogether.    

Week 3, Workout 2(W)

1 Arm DB Push Press 3 x 15

8# x 15 x 2

12# x 15 x 2

Pull Ups 3 x 15 (assisted)

9 - 7 - 7

DB RDL 3 x 15

20#(each hand) x 15 x 3

Goblet Squat 3 x 15

20# x 15 x 1

35# x 15 x 1

28# x 15 x 1

Triceps Extension on Rings 3 x 10-15

3 x 15

Lying Leg Raise 3 x Amrap

16 - 15 - 15

Hold/Slow Negative : 30" today --- arms so tired!

• Like 4

I hope the running works itself out. It's a thing you enjoy very, very much. The idea of it being taken from you would be terribly unpleasant. To say nothing of it costing you your time on the ice. Heal fast!

Hope that food heals up soon! I get a weird pain in my big toe every now and then, just out of nowhere. It usually takes a couple of days to settle down, but has never been serious (knock on wood!) Congrats on the 5k without stopping!

I hockeyed.  It was a blast.   We kept having the all girl line out there and it was brilliant.  So much cycling, and great break outs.     All smiles.    Legs.Are.Fried.    I should have thought this through better... Deadlifts and Goblet Squats on first day back to hockey in a month?    Tomorrow's run may be a recovery walk at this rate hahaha.   And oh yeah... we jammed out to 80's hair bands.  

Toe didn't hurt once in the skate!  Yay!

Now time to sleep lay in bed restlessly while adrenaline keeps me kicking till 2am.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I hockeyed.  It was a blast.   We kept having the all girl line out there and it was brilliant.  So much cycling, and great break outs.     All smiles.    Legs.Are.Fried.    I should have thought this through better... Deadlifts and Goblet Squats on first day back to hockey in a month?    Tomorrow's run may be a recovery walk at this rate hahaha.   And oh yeah... we jammed out to 80's hair bands.  

Toe didn't hurt once in the skate!  Yay!

Now time to sleep lay in bed restlessly while adrenaline keeps me kicking till 2am.

10vM6ne8CKgnJu.gif

Hooray for hockey! 

W1D4 - Thursday

Foods:  Gonna be an all around low day.  Hitting around 1,539 calories with 163c 60f 89p.   Low on protein, over on carbs.  Rest day.  It is what it is.

Exercise:  Should have been a run day.  Listening to the body and giving it a rest day.   3 x 15 for deadlifts, squats and pull ups + hockey after a long break from hockey = rest day following.   I am almost too exhausted to even eat!

Art:  Did not art yesterday, so hoping to sneak some sketch time in at work or before D&D.   Will have to be just sketch pad stuff today.

I am head to toe sore today!   Not so bad that I am crippled by it, but good enough to be completely tuckered out.     Tonight is D&D- and there's some table drama going on that's still stirred up so where I could have been excited for that, I'm a little iffy on how it will go down.

Adjusting for the rest of the week is as follows:

Lift tomorrow (as scheduled) - and try VERY hard to not chicken out of the Singles event at my coworker's church for ages 30+.

Saturday evening is hockey, so I'll get my activity in there.

Sunday I will get today's run in then have Star Wars game!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Lift tomorrow (as scheduled) - and try VERY hard to not chicken out of the Singles event at my coworker's church for ages 30+.

No chickening out allowed!  You've made your intentions public, and we Rangers are quite adept at holding people to their goals.  ;)

• Like 1

Ain't gonna lie.    It's noon.   Which means I've been churning in a pot of nerves and anxiety for four hours now lol!

Reallllly don't want this conversation to come up tomorrow. 

But ... OMG SO NERVOUS!

-So-you-chickened-out-like-a-lttle-bitch

• Like 2

Speaking of Star Wars, have you seen... THIS!?

YESSSSSSS AND OMG!!!!!!!    I have so much floon for Star Wars right now it is almost uncontainable!!!

No chickening out allowed!  You've made your intentions public, and we Rangers are quite adept at holding people to their goals.  ;)

I see... holy smokes.     And in all honesty, it does help a bit.   In that dear god these guys are serious and I cannot disappoint way.

Not to mention the people that have you on Facebook, too.  I've got my eye on you, lovely.

Yes, yes, I'm surprised you're capable of keeping your eyes down this low too! 

tumblr_mh3hmpzPCN1rl07gno1_500.gif

You guys mean SRS BUSINESS!!

You got this!

usnLrxPk4nkyI.gif

Thanks dear!   Nothing like sexy Thane to reassure me!

W1D5 - Friday

Foods:  I did not pre-plan my foods, but I've stuck with things I've been eating lately.   The outing tonight comes with a dinner--- so that's up for a wild guess.

Exercise:  Strength day in the warehouse.   My foot is being stupid again.   Squats and deadlifts it was fine for... it's walking and pressing off from the ball of the foot that is not good.    Might have to go get it checked out next week.

Art:  Reaally need to get another art in very soon, but not sure it will happen tonight.

Other: Going to the singles shindig tonight.   Step 1 Rule - Starpuck, you must drive out there.  Step 2 Rule - I must go in for 5 minutes.  Step 3 Rule, c/o 7FG - Look one new person in the eye.    Step 4 Rule - Stay for 5 minutes.    If after all that I really really really want to bail, I can.   But I have confidence this plan will have me sticking around.

Week 3, Workout 3(F)

DB Bench Press 3 x 15

8# (each hand) x 15 x 2

20# (each hand)  x 15 x 2

SL RDL 3 x 15

12# x 15 x 1

20# x 15 x 2

1 arm DB Row 3 x 15

12# x 15 x 1

14# x 15 x 1

16.5# x 15 x 1

Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat -- HAAAATE!

3 x 15 (no weight, because... srs....)

Side Planks 10-30" x 3

15" - 25" - 30" per side!   My shoulders were in a whole new position than they used to be in this!!! No pain!!  Super excited but taking it slow.

DB Curls 3 x 10-15

1 x 10 x 10#

1 x 10 x 12#

1 x 10 x 14.5#    ** Right elbow pops every, single, time.   Left arm actually feels stronger than right.  Huh.

• Like 2