• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck Learns to Marvel at Herself

Fwiw, as a single in that age range, I promise that the dudes are every bit as awkward as you think you are. Probably moreso.

And you can probably outlift them, which is pretty awesome.

Also, you are an Assassin. Worst case, you do have options...

I am of course referring to parkouring your way out.

Why, what did you think I meant? :P

Neechan! what are you doing all the way here with them Rangers? took me a while to find you... Geez, I leave for what, 3 or 4 challenges and everyone moves to different neighborhoods...

anyways... Here to root for you!

GIRLLLLLLLFRIEEEEEEEEND TWINNNNNNNNNERS.

I just caught up and LIKE WHOA you are running in the RAIN? I am so seirously wimpy about this, if it's colder than, like, 55 deg F I am like waaaaaah can't go sorry not sorry.

and also SINGLES EVENTS PLS TELL ME MORE.

true story, when I was dating a bunch I actually put on my internet dating profile "mostly, I want to go on a lot of dates. for dating practice. Let's do that." and it was shockingly effective. it's just a skill to practice!

HOW DID YOUR PRACTICE GO?E

I had a crazy idea about how amazing it would be to watch starwars with you. like, at a drive-in or something? maybe one day that beautiful drea mwill come true.

• Like 1

I had a crazy idea about how amazing it would be to watch starwars with you. like, at a drive-in or something? maybe one day that beautiful drea mwill come true.

Agree! I finally watched the trailer, so excite. "This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." I'm a fan of these bad-ass women protagonists, hopefully the movie lives up to the trailer.

• Like 3

W1D6 - Saturday

Foods:  All over the place, but to best guess, I was 1000 calories in deficit.   Of crap food.   Except breakfast.  That was epic. 

• Breakfast was out, and I ordered my favorite smoked pork skillet MINUS the hashbrowns.  Because I really wanted the pancakes instead. 
  • Lunch... what lunch?
  • 4pm... OH SHIT HOCKEY!  Grab granola bar.
  • Skated my ass off in the first co-ed league game.    
  • Post game, chugged a beer (so so so thirsty), had about 10-15 tortilla chips with taco dip.   (Because the beer went to my head, omg.)
  • Got home, had a banana with pb, a weight watchers brownie, and milk.   Macros were not met in ANY fashion.

Exercise:  I got about 10k steps in and then skated hockey. Official game, so competitive gear was on.

Compliment:  This might be a cop out, but here it is.    I give really good hugs.   It's not the hi, pat pat kind of hug.   They're hugs where my heart tries its damnedest to reach out and join in on the hugging through all that flesh and body!  It's like, "Oh oh oh I am SO in on this."   I gave lots of hugs at hockey, and I really missed my hockey friends.    And since that's not exactly the kind of positive self talk I need to work on, I'll add this.    I am damn awesome.    I played ICE HOCKEY tonight.   A game that I had never even watched until 10 years ago, that is played on a surface I had never even BEEN on prior to 7 years ago.     That is no small feat.     I played this game tonight, with men, some whom have skated since they were kids.  Some whom are near 2 feet taller than me, faster than me, twice my weight, and wielding a weapon capable of launching vulcanized rubber at speeds of up to 70mph.   I sweat, I gasp, I  get knocked about, I wipe out, and I KEEP GOING.    That, my little Starpuck, is something to be proud of.

Art:  I worked on Jaiks new pic and threw some color on it.    I think the shading is going to be largely trial and error... for a loooooong time.

JaiksScar by lilwolfe006

Jaiks reflecting on not only her new scar, but the forces at play getting her into these predicaments.

Other:   I went to the singles shindig.   It was pretty good.  I looked people in the eyes!    I spoke.    I confessed my interests without shame.    And I even turned to the poor quiet fellow beside me, who had the most charming southern accent, and was the quietest one at the table, and asked him what he enjoyed as hobbies.   The girl to the right of me, asked if anyone else was an introvert and if they found this hard.   Most of the table looked at her with confusion, I quickly reassured, "It's terrifying."    She was very nice.    One person recognized my gamer shirt (N7, worn on purpose) but my hopes were dashed when he said he was playing on a 10 year old computer and hasn't updated from Windows xp yet, and he'd never bothered playing Dragon Age hah.  >.<    (All jesting.)    First there was a dinner, and on the big screen they gave us ice breaker questions to pose to the table.   OH!  And they sat us in age groups.   I make the 30's - barely!   Hahaha.   The 40's table looked SO MUCH OLDER than I see myself...  is that weird, or is it because I am active and single and never had kids, and yada yada?    After dinner, there was a teaching, some songs, some discussion on stuff, then dessert and games in their game center.   I played bags with a few people, spoke with a few others.   Invited an onlooker to join in.      All in all, I feel like ... while it was awkward and I was nervous, I eventually came around enough to try to help others who might be still more nervous and shy than I was.

And there we have my big Friday night into Saturday update!    Tomorrow is church, home for laundry, watch the two episodes of SHIELD I am behind on, then play some ESO until 3pm, then head over to my GM's house so we can play Disney Infinity, then it's Star Wars RPG night, and we shall see if Jaiks learns how to keep her calm better.  :)

• Like 6

Love this challenge, particularly the part about owning all the awesome things you do.  A little late to the party here, but now following.

No small feat.     I fought this war tonight, with men, some whom have battled since they were kids.  Some whom are near 2 feet taller than me, faster than me, twice my weight, and wielding a weapon capable of launching vulcanized rubber at speeds of up to 70mph.   I sweat, I gasp, I  get knocked about, I wipe out, and I KEEP GOING.    That, my little Starpuck, is something to be proud of.

something to be proud, indeed.

*edited for drama. 

while it was awkward and I was nervous, I eventually came around enough to try to help others who might be still more nervous and shy than I was.

Isn't this conclusive proof of improvement? I think this right here is.. MARVELOUS

the singles event sounds like it was really well run and that you contributed a HUGE amount to it's success (and drove your own success and fun!). I want to give you a huge hug, ms excellent hugger. xoxoxoxo.

(PS ISN'T IT SO WEIRD BEING ON THE TOP END OF THIRTIES AND FEELING LIKE YOU'RE STILL, LIKE, 23? BECAUSE I THINK IT'S SUPER WEIRD.)

• Like 1

(PS ISN'T IT SO WEIRD BEING ON THE TOP END OF THIRTIES AND FEELING LIKE YOU'RE STILL, LIKE, 23? BECAUSE I THINK IT'S SUPER WEIRD.)

I'm in my mid 30's and feel like I'm still a kid on a daily basis. I still don't think I fully believe I'm a 'responsible adult'. Or something...

• Like 2

Puck hugs are some of the best hugs. 10/10 would do again.

Good on you for sticking your tongue out at your fears and going to the singles shindig! lots of guts to do that, but everybody is feeling the same thing you are :)

I think I feel like I'm still 23 until I see/hear 23 year olds talking or doing their thing and I'm like NOPE

Great job Starpuck!!!

• Like 1

Bwuhahaha thanks @Kishi!!!   And yeah, everyone looked a bit awkward and unsure what to do with things.

@EROSAN!!!! YAAAAY!!  GLAD YOU ARE HERE!   And I love the edit you did on my story about the hockey.   Haha, way to up my BAMF-score!!!    And that Starpuck MARVEL page flip banner opening???  OOO MMMMM  GGGG  <3 <3 <3

@Karina -OMG, yes, Star Wars with KJ!   YES PLEASE!    My practice with my meeting and talking went out!   I think I actually get more nervous leading up to the thing, than I am at the very moment of the thing.    And yes, I will take a hug, thank you!!!!!    And man, I KNEW you would get it.  I just looked at the 40's group and thought ... they don't seem like me at all!   Maybe not fair to judge just by looks, but I feel younger than the vibe they gave off.

@Zorch Ahoy!  Welcome aboard.   It's a lesson I must keep doing because I suck at it!

@obax Oh don't you know it.    I am SO right there.   I constantly have to tell myself 'Frak it! By whose decree are the rules of adulthood even made?'

@wufkar  Hehe, yaaaaay!   Wuf hugs are equally as awesome, I think.   And when you put them together they are squee worthy.   Gotta admit, reading about your telling yourself to drop the excuses did make me go 'Puck, you are making excuses'.  Between you and 7FG, I had lots of gentle nudging from behind.

@raxie   HAH yes.   So true.   SOME of the 30's at the table I was like 'yup lower 30's... soooo young' and the rest were mostly just super shy and nervous hehe.  Twenties are right out though eh!

• Like 2

Goal #1 -- Fuel yourself properly!  
Do not starve yourself, you need energy for all those magical attacks!
Track Food Daily (One off day/weekend)  
Get more protein and spread meals out throughout day.   Fill up on healthy sources of macros.
TOTALS PER WEEK 6
CHALLENGE TOTAL 13 / 30

Tracked 6 of 7 days.   I did not officially track on Sunday, but I was really decent about food.  Egg McMuffin for bf before church, left over salmon and scalloped potatoes for lunch.     Homemade turkey sloppy joes and macaroni salad for dinner.   And only a coffee cup full of popcorn and a single cookie for game night snacking.
wendy-wendy-marvell-33006592-160-160.gif

Goal #2 -- Train for all things!  
All around training is required so you can face a range of unexpected situations!

This boils down to my interest in straight up functional strength.  I don't need to aim for lifting PR's or certain numbers of anything.   I just want to be functionally strong so that everyday life is easier, and so that my bones and muscles stay strong and ready for life well into my senior years.

TOTALS FOR CHALLENGE

RUNNING  3/10

STRENGTH  6/15

HOCKEY 2 / 8

RUN 2X/WEEK  -- Only 1 run in this week.  I was wasted on Thursday from double workout Wednesday   I had intended to run on Sunday, but I was then wasted from hockey Saturday, and it was cold and raining.

STRENGTH 3X/WEEK -- Got all 3 days in.  This marks 3 straight weeks of getting all 3 days!

HOCKEY **X/WEEK -- 2 hockey days this week!     The days worked out well.  

afae48d9144f50d529ecd774d615b8f676a9fb13

Goal #3 -- Practice your Art!  
Wendy is a master of support magic, and that requires a calm mind and great focus. 

For me, this means maintaining my creative side- which forces me to slow down and get quiet.    I am going to continue with the idea that I should do my art, but change up one thing.   No longer will it be on 'these certain days, you do art before other stuff'.  Because sometimes I am just not FEELING it.   So, still aiming for 3x a week, but it can be broken up however.

ART 3X/WEEK

TOTALS FOR CHALLENGE

ART 5/15

WEEK 1 - 3/3  - Monday, Tuesday and Saturday I arted.   I even like the final product!  Woot.   

200_s.gif

Goal #4 -- Compliment yourself!  
Wendy starts off as a shy, uncertain girl in Fairy Tail.   But she learns to build her confidence by believing in herself.
Twice a week I will post either a picture of myself being awesome, or comment about something I am capable of doing, in such a way that I praise myself and love on my body for all that it does for me.     Can we say awkward? >.>
STARPUCK SHOWS OFF HER AWESOME 2X/WEEK
WEEK 1 - 2/2  - Got this one.   One pic, of my pants telling me I am beautiful and my agreeing.   And one paragraph of the awesome hugger-hockey player.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
CHALLENGE TOTALS 2/8

Soooo here comes the part of the update that is a rant.

I gained weight.  AGAIN.   This week.    I know I said I would make an appt to get a physical and see a nutritionist, but seriously, this is out of hand.   (And I plan on making an appt with my doc for as soon as she can see me.)

Over the past two weeks, my well tracked calories in/out deficit is 6473.   2400 from two weeks ago, and 4073 from this past week.      I am, according to Fitbit, over the past 28 days, averaging a TDEE of 2276.  Over the past 7 days?   That average bumps to 2384 (hockey).     Average consumed calories for the past two weeks?   1873.      I mean that's about as close as you can get to aiming for a 500 calorie deficit a day.   

I haven't weighed as much as I do right now, for like two years.      I'm eating pretty whole stuff.   I don't eat crap.  I drink ONLY water.     What else can I be doing?     It just has me totally defeated.   And the thing is too, I don't FEEL great.   By Thursdays, I am forcing myself to work out because I am exhausted and sore and just want to quit.    I don't feel full of energy when I am working out.   I don't feel stronger.   Anything.   Doing everything "right" and getting ZERO rewards for it.

So, I mean, I am gonna keep on going, but I really wish I could get an answer on what I SHOULD be doing different.  I don't mind hard work.   So long as it works.  :(

• Like 1

Great work on the challenge so far.

As for weight gain, sorry to hear.  Just remember it is one small factor in overall health.  Unfortunately, we all focus on the scale.  (Myself included)  It could be, that you just need to switch things up.  Do Whole 30 or some other thing to shake up what you eat.  Maybe go the rest of the challenge without looking at the scale.  Try tracking other body measurements.  You could be seeing a loss in other places of your body.

I know from past challenges, that my weight can fluctuate dramatically from day to day.  Maybe when you weighed in, it was one of those days where the body decided on holding on to all the water or something. 

W2D1 - Monday

Foods:  Adjusted MFP to set my goal net calories to 1385 (my BMR) and add/subtract calories left to eat based on my activity.    The eating to perform method wasn't doing anything, and this is about how I did things last time it worked.    I figure, never less calories NET than my BMR.   And let activity dictate how many to put in my piehole.

Exercise:  Strength Day in warehouse, workout below.

Art:  Started a new rough sketch.   Another Jaiks bit.    Her trying to meditate... by angrily willing herself to be calm and peaceful.   Yup!   First venture into trying to add a background, so this is nerve-wracking.

Roughsketch by lilwolfe006

Workout:  Nia Shanks 12 Week Bodyweight/Dumbbell Program.

Week 4, Workout 1(M)

Reverse Lunge 5 x 6

16# x 6 x 2

21# x 6 x 2

26# x 6 x 1

Push Ups 5 x 6

1 x 6 - Incline (at bench level)

4 x 7 - Incline (at bench level)  **No pain in shoulder even at the closer to level bench incline!!

Inverted Row 5 x 6

1 x 6 - On Rings

2 x 6 - On rings, after lowering them 4"

2 x 7 - On rings, same length as above.

Single Leg Glute Bridge 5 x 6

5 x 6  --- So I hate these, and when I do them single leg, I always feel it in hamstring and quad and zero in glute.  Should I just stick to regular glute bridges with weight?

Reverse Crunch 3 x amrap

24-24-22

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 x 10-15

2.5# x 15 x 1   **Crackles are hit or miss, I am trying to figure out what I am doing differently each rep to warrant a pop or not.

5# x 15 x 1

8# x 9 x 1 // 5# x 6 x 1

Also!  Appointment has been made for my doc on Thursday.   See if she has any theories as to why the weight is edging up instead of down and maybe get a physical done.  (If they'll at least order the blood work for that without having to set a secondary 'physical' exam.)

• Like 5

As to the bridging, either variation is good, and both have lots of literature to back them up as being awesome. :) One thing that I found really helps with those is to lift the toes of the pushing leg off the ground. This forces you to drive through the heel, which enhances the recruitment of the hamstrings and even the glutes themselves.

I'm sorry to hear that you're working so hard and not getting what you want. That's not cool. :(

If you don't mind me chiming in, bodies get a little weird sometimes, and they like to fight weight loss efforts. The usual strategy - which is to cut calories and burn burn burn - doesn't always work if it's been applied for too long. The body, if put in that position for long enough, can grind its metabolic processes to a halt as a survival mechanism. Meanwhile, you're also talking about having low energy and being achy and tired in the gym. What that sounds like, from out here, is that you're not really accessing stored energy for fuel anymore. You're not burning muscle, because you're training and telling your body you need it, but the muscle isn't exactly getting the fuel it needs right now.

While I obviously wouldn't want to make a recommendation - you're going to a doctor, after all, and I'm just a voice on the Internet - it may be worthy to consider bumping calories up to maintenance for a while and seeing what results you get. You might end up putting on more weight, true, but you're already putting weight on as it is, so you might as well get some extra energy to make gym and hockey more bearable.

It's just a thought. If there's some deeper hormonal/metabolic shenanigans at work, all bets may be off. Hope this gets sorted for you soon!

As to the bridging, either variation is good, and both have lots of literature to back them up as being awesome. :) One thing that I found really helps with those is to lift the toes of the pushing leg off the ground. This forces you to drive through the heel, which enhances the recruitment of the hamstrings and even the glutes themselves.

I'm sorry to hear that you're working so hard and not getting what you want. That's not cool. :(

If you don't mind me chiming in, bodies get a little weird sometimes, and they like to fight weight loss efforts. The usual strategy - which is to cut calories and burn burn burn - doesn't always work if it's been applied for too long. The body, if put in that position for long enough, can grind its metabolic processes to a halt as a survival mechanism. Meanwhile, you're also talking about having low energy and being achy and tired in the gym. What that sounds like, from out here, is that you're not really accessing stored energy for fuel anymore. You're not burning muscle, because you're training and telling your body you need it, but the muscle isn't exactly getting the fuel it needs right now.

While I obviously wouldn't want to make a recommendation - you're going to a doctor, after all, and I'm just a voice on the Internet - it may be worthy to consider bumping calories up to maintenance for a while and seeing what results you get. You might end up putting on more weight, true, but you're already putting weight on as it is, so you might as well get some extra energy to make gym and hockey more bearable.

It's just a thought. If there's some deeper hormonal/metabolic shenanigans at work, all bets may be off. Hope this gets sorted for you soon!

@Kishi  Thanks my friend!   You're a guy that's done a ton of research and a trainer to boot, so I definitely give your words an ear!    I actually spent a few weeks eating more than I used to.    I had signed up for that EAT TO PERFORM site, and they had me going nuts with macros.  (I don't think I am calm enough to add MORE things into the tracking mix at this point, so I bailed on that plan.)    I was eating more like 1800-2000 calories a day, and didn't seem to feel anything one way or the other.   Another thing I notice... when I eat my "healthy meal routine" go to foods, I am like, not really ever /hungry/.    Example.  Today.

• Breakfast at 8:30am.  Two scrambled eggs with salsa, 4 slices of Oscar Mayer precooked bacon, coffee with 2 sugar, 1 cream.    (277 calories)     That will hold me till after my noon workout, no hunger pangs.   
  • Lately, I've added a 10:30/11am snack.  Today was dannon greek yogurt with 1/4c granola added. (200 calories)
  • At noon I work out.  Today was a run.  I burn close to 400 calories on a run, but my strength workouts burn between 270-360 usually.
  • After my workout, I eat lunch at 1pm.   Sandwich with deli meat, thin sliced cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo on healthy life low carb bread.   1/2 a cucumber with hummus as a side.  Another coffee afterward.   (327 calories)
  • I force myself to eat a snack at 4pm, though I am usually not too hungry for it.  Depends on the day.   Almonds, string cheese, yogurt, fruit, pumpkin seeds, cottage cheese are the usual go to's, in calorie ranges of 200-300.
  • Dinner is home cooked food at home.  Usually weight watchers recipes or other diabetic friendly meals around the 300-400 calorie range.
  • Bed time snack is a cookie with milk (Usually Fiber one) (210 calories)

I often end up having to eat something else between dinner and bedtime snack, but again, that's a 'I NEED TO EAT' not an "I'm hungry" moment.    When I was upping the calories, I was eating muffin with peanut butter as my elevensies, and drinking a protein shake after eating my lunch sandwich (and that was forcing more food/liquid into a tummy that was DEFINITELY full already.)    It just seems like eating past being full should never ever be the right answer?   I dunno.     

I'm hoping that a) nothing is wrong and b ) the doc can refer me to someone to really dig into the details of my routine and figure out what's what.     But thanks for peeking in and offering reassurances and suggestions.   Heck, maybe I should add a daily bowl of ice cream in for good measure for a while !!!

• Like 4

Other:   I went to the singles shindig.   It was pretty good.  I looked people in the eyes!    I spoke.    I confessed my interests without shame.    And I even turned to the poor quiet fellow beside me, who had the most charming southern accent, and was the quietest one at the table, and asked him what he enjoyed as hobbies.   The girl to the right of me, asked if anyone else was an introvert and if they found this hard.   Most of the table looked at her with confusion, I quickly reassured, "It's terrifying."    She was very nice.    One person recognized my gamer shirt (N7, worn on purpose) but my hopes were dashed when he said he was playing on a 10 year old computer and hasn't updated from Windows xp yet, and he'd never bothered playing Dragon Age hah.  >.<    (All jesting.)    First there was a dinner, and on the big screen they gave us ice breaker questions to pose to the table.   OH!  And they sat us in age groups.   I make the 30's - barely!   Hahaha.   The 40's table looked SO MUCH OLDER than I see myself...  is that weird, or is it because I am active and single and never had kids, and yada yada?    After dinner, there was a teaching, some songs, some discussion on stuff, then dessert and games in their game center.   I played bags with a few people, spoke with a few others.   Invited an onlooker to join in.      All in all, I feel like ... while it was awkward and I was nervous, I eventually came around enough to try to help others who might be still more nervous and shy than I was.

Really glad to hear that you went after all, and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

W2D2 - Tuesday

Foods:  Consumed 1872, burned 2456 - I did experience a moment of real hunger at 10pm.   I normally eat a thing between 7-9 after dinner, but I was delightfully distracted until 10 and then was like OH GOD STARVED.   I had Quaker granola bars, a cookie and milk.

Exercise:  Ran outside at lunch!  It was sunny!  I was so glad to see the sun!   But it was only 48 and winds were from the north.  I could have done a wee bit warmer.  Pace was okay all considered AND, I ran the full 3 miles again --- OUTDOORS!  With some hills!  Pace average of about 11m/mile.   The best I ever got to was like 9:40/mile a few years back... I also weighed like 10lbs too though.  And was running 3x a week.   So.   This is okay!

Art:  Meant to art last night, but dinner ran long, then I had Mage Botch RPG night, then I wanted to play Ori.    Got past the part I was stuck at, only to get to a new level of insanity where your controls FLIP!   Want to move right, while upside down?  You are pushing the joystick left then.    MADNESS!!

The rest of the week is super busy, but boy am I being productive!

• Tonight hockey.  (Also should art.)
  • Tomorrow morning doc appt.  Tomorrow night D&D
  • Friday morning car appt.  Friday night probably picking the car up?
  • Saturday bike ride.   Possibly taking car in to get hitch put on.

• Like 1

W2D3 - Wednesday

Foods:  Hoping to hit the 2000 mark - so full already.  Ugh.  Total burned should be between 2500-2900 after hockey.

Exercise:  Lunch workout with the weights.  (See below.)  Plus 60-80 minutes of hockey.

Art:  Did a bit of a doodle this morning at work.   Don't really like how it turned out, but it's a face!  With face stuff on it!   And it counts as having arted a bit.

Workout:  Nia Shanks 12 Week Bodyweight/Dumbbell Program.

Week 4, Workout 2

1 Arm DB Push Press 5 x 6

8# x 6 x 1

12# x 6 x 1

14# x 6 x 1

20# x 6 x 1

14# x 6 x 1

**Bonus pics for how I got a 2# increment for the 14# sets. ;)

rzqcmLFm.jpg

Pull Ups 5 x 6

3 x 6 (slow)

1 x 5.5

1 x 4 (Was totally shot at this point.)

Leg Curl 5 x 6

So these are designed to be done on a TRX suspension trainer.  I tried using the rings and it wasn't great.  So I got slide discs.   Hah!  HAAAAAHHAHA!

5 x 6 -- but one leg at a time.  Because on the very first one trying to do BOTH legs?   Both hamstrings went NOPEFUCKYOUNOPE, MEET MR HORSE.  MR CHARLIE HORSE.

Goblet Squat 5 x 6

20# x 6 x 1

35# x 6 x 1 (with a 35# ball slam ball, I am convinced this makes it harder to do.)

40# x 6 x 3 (see, with a proper dumbbell, 40 seemed easier than 35)

Tricep Ext from Rings 3 x 1-15

15-13-12

Lying Leg Raise 3 x amrap

20-18-16

The rest of tonight is gonna be some art maybe, then some chill, then off to hockey at 8pm.   So freaking tired already and I have no idea how to get energy enough to skate.   I want to skate.   But man I wish I weren't so pooped already.      I need to get some compliment time in too, or some pics.    Such a hard goal.

• Like 2

sometimes you art for a bit and don't like how it turns out. keep it around nonetheless. there is usually a lot to be learned from our mistakes in failed efforts… what was it that you did not like? figure it out and next time you can actively try to fix it

this "message" was brought to you through the ether using ero san's arcane magics (and a cellphone)

An easy exercise my massage person gave me to help activate my glutes, specifically one at a time: lay on your front. Keeping your leg straight, raise it off the ground. Squeeze your butt first, then raise the leg. Hold a couple of seconds, then down. Do x10 each side (I do 3 sets, but she didn't say to do that specifically). Since I've been doing this, I've noticed a huge change in the activation of my glutes, both during exercise and just in every day life. Try that as a warm up before the bridges, see if it helps. I know, for me, when I do an activation exercise for my shoulders before pushups, they're a lot smoother than when I don't, so maybe the same might work for butts?

Hopefully the doc visit goes well and points you in the right direction. It's frustrating when things don't work the way they're supposed to, even more so when it's your own body.

Also, I'm a big fan of your weight Macgyvering. My physio guy always laughed at me when I told him I taped smaller dumbbells together to get the weights I needed, but I was like, iron is expensive! If it works, it works!

Hee, thanks Obax!  Good tips and I am chuckling that you also MacGyver your weights.   I'm gonna say it's hockey ingenuity!      Speaking of hockey, I had so much fun at the private rat-scrimmage my buds organize.    I am gonna feel it tomorrow though.

Also?  This happens.  Every. Single. Hockey Time. 

1385 Goal (Net, never below this.  Woops)
1925 Food Consumed - 1419 Exercise (Strength, hockey, normal day steps/activity) = 506  net.

I seriously can't figure out how to eat more than 2000 calories at a time.   Well, without going to a burger joint and washing it down with a shake.  :P