• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

QuietRiotGrrrl

QRG - Five by Five

tumblr_n6xqmv2DtW1sngg9lo1_500.gif

Ok, I sat one out, but I'm up to try a new one.  We're done househunting for now, so that will give me time.  And the stress now is all going to be waiting for the inspection and mortgage to process. I've only got another 2 months of classes and work has actually not been as bad the last week.  I'm hoping it will stay this way awhile.  That means I have time and most likely enough sleep going on to get back to focussing on fitness things!  So here's my 5x5 plans.

Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer-I-have-the-best

5 THINGS A WEEK

Since I'm trying to get back to doing things, I don't want to shoot for too much right away.  So as long as I can get in a total of 5 in any combination of these things, I'll be happy

Run, Lift, Yoga, Dance, Bodyweight workout

latest?cb=20150125093615

5 MINUTES A DAY

5 days a week, 5 minutes a day, morning or night or both of stretching and planks.

NvzEO.gif

5 DAYS FOR HOMEWORK

I want to be able to spend the weekends with Mike (since that's the only time we're both not working), helping mom get her house painted and moved into, and starting to pack our stuff.  So, I want to get my homework completed by the end of Friday night each week.

tumblr_meitnnIC0s1qh01r8o1_400.gif

5 DAYS OF GOOD MEALS

This one might be hard, since my birthday will fall in the middle somewhere, but I think I can manage better than a minimum of 5 days of good meals all day.  

tumblr_mgs15n4FEU1qkx3d4o4_250.gif

5 ROWS

I want to get in at least 5 rows each week on my blanket.  I haven't touched it in about a month.  I really need to get to work.  Will post a start picture and a finished picture at some point during the challenge.  

buffy-studying.gif

That should do it.  I'll start counting the challenge on the 4th.  This week is all scheduling things and being excited about the house.  And I'll try to do better at following!  I started off great last time and then I fell off the wagon, rolled down a hill, and got lost.  This time, I'll do my best to stick around and participate.

Here-Buffy-scariest-toughest-most-glamor

• Like 8

<3 <3 Gahhhhh Buffffyyyy!!! fjdkajfeiwafjdsal'

There are a few things that cause me to lose all control of my finger-keyboard-brain connection out of excitement.  Buffy is one of them.

• Like 1

What a great idea for a simple plan and then all the excitement of a new house...  Houses have been a Ranger things lately!  

tumblr_inline_nlwdv3U3xY1tr3gcs.gif

• Like 2

It's nice to be back!  I'm going to try to get caught up and follow everyone's threads, but I haven't had a chance just yet.  

I tried some new recipes last night from Nom Nom Paleo:  Brussel sprouts with bacon and curried emergency protein.  I think I'll add more variety of veggies to the protein dish next time, but its good and it was easy to make.  It was my first time ever making anything involving brussell sprouts!  I liked it.  Simple recipe and even Mike said he'd eat them.  I also managed to finish one class's homework for this week.

I'm planning to lift with HM tonight after work.  Then I'm the knit night host.  And tomorrow I'm hoping to get through all or most of my other course's homework.  

Saturday is my home inspection.  I'm way too excited!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, QuietRiotGrrrl said:

It's nice to be back!  I'm going to try to get caught up and follow everyone's threads, but I haven't had a chance just yet.  

I tried some new recipes last night from Nom Nom Paleo:  Brussel sprouts with bacon and curried emergency protein.  I think I'll add more variety of veggies to the protein dish next time, but its good and it was easy to make.  It was my first time ever making anything involving brussell sprouts!  I liked it.  Simple recipe and even Mike said he'd eat them.  I also managed to finish one class's homework for this week.

I'm planning to lift with HM tonight after work.  Then I'm the knit night host.  And tomorrow I'm hoping to get through all or most of my other course's homework.  

Saturday is my home inspection.  I'm way too excited!

I discovered I liked brussels sprouts after the Geneva Convention banned boiling them as a war crime.

Brussels Sprouts cooked in any way that involves not boiling:

large.gif

Brussels Sprouts when boiled:
Screaming-GIFS-5.gif

• Like 6

Brussels sprouts baked covered in bacon then drizzled with basalmic vinegar was pretty great.  I'm glad that was my first brussels experience.  And they're not bad as next day homework snacks either :)

Lifted with HM tonight! It was much needed.  Mike was just in a terrible mood when I got home and it was good to get out and lift and have friend time instead of trying to homework and pretend he wasn't next to me on the couch cursing his job.  He was asleep when I got home, so I know he'll feel better when he wakes up.  

Also!  upped my squats!  It was a little hard, but I'm thinking of trying to up them again next time.  Because why not?

Bench 5x5x85

Squats 5x5x110

I just love that 100 was my 1RM. That has been defeated!  And it feels good.  I love it when my knees are a little wobbly on stairs after.

Sigh.  I guess I have to get back to homework.  Need to finish as much as possible tonight since I completely forgot about attending a swing dance thing with HM tomorrow.  I do NOT know how to dance, but it should be a fun new adventure.  I'm sure I can fit some head banging in there somewhere....right?  Because that is within my current skill set.  She says they will have a small lesson for the people who show up early, so that's going to have to be the plan.  Now homework.  I will worry about clothes tomorrow.

• Like 7

1) this is an awesome challenge, I love the way you've set it up!

2) you're an April birthday too?! What date (if you don't mind me asking)?

3) I made that brussels sprouts recipe a month or so ago and also loved it. I've hated sprouts for as long as I remember, but those are so good!

4) I must have missed house happenings somewhere along the way, but I'm so excited for you! Last I heard you were still looking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

1) this is an awesome challenge, I love the way you've set it up!

2) you're an April birthday too?! What date (if you don't mind me asking)?

3) I made that brussels sprouts recipe a month or so ago and also loved it. I've hated sprouts for as long as I remember, but those are so good!

4) I must have missed house happenings somewhere along the way, but I'm so excited for you! Last I heard you were still looking.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

April 14th!  When i your birthday?

I've just started exploring, but Nom Nom hasn't let me down yet.

• Like 2

April 14th!  When i your birthday?

I've just started exploring, but Nom Nom hasn't let me down yet.

NO WAY! I'm the 13th!

Nom nom has some great stuff. I have a bunch of her recipes stocked up that i want to make.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

635897986425352795905896069_tumblr_mdytv

Inspection went well!  Just a few small things, and a couple easy but kind of costly fixes.  Nothing really unexpected.  We hung out in the house while they did the inspection so they could point things out to us.  It was weird because not our house yet, but kind of nice to see the neighborhood and hang in the house that will be ours later.

Work is stupid, but I got a lot of homework and even some blanket knitting done last night.  Tonight is laundry after insurance people.  I'm planning to get in some yoga time before bed tonight, but I slept in this morning.  I'm not sure why I was so tired, but I'm going to try to relax and get to bed earlier tonight.  

• Like 5

buffy-chocolate1.gif

OK, update!  Here are the counts so far:

5 things: 2/20 - Just yoga so far.  I need to get on this but my running buddy ditched for today and I voted for sleep as replacement.

5 Minutes: 3/20

5 Homework: Nothing yet, but I'm hoping to get this moving tonight after work

5 Foods: 1/20 - Friend brought over chocolate cake last night.  It was delicious!  No regrets.

5 Rows:  1/4. Working on the endless waves now.

IMG_1156_1__medium2.JPG

• Like 4