Hello nerds! Any trainers here have advice on getting started?

Hey guys and gals, I have been lifting for years now and I am finally ready to take the plunge into a career as a personal trainer. I have been reading on this forum for years but have never really participated until now. I know some of the members here are personal trainers so I thought this would be a great place to ask. Through the research I have done I have only come up with the more questions about how to get started. How did you guys get started? Did you shadow a personal trainer? The more I research on the available certifications, the more confused I get. My personal training for myself is slightly bodybuilding centric. Is there a certification that matches well with the knowledge that I already know? Are there any tips that you have for beginners but you wish that you knew when you get started?  I am a complete beginner to this. Any help would be great, I love this forum and have learned so much from this community already!