Chelkie’s Next Challenge, More Anticipated Than GoT Season 6

Chelkie

Week 2 Update:

Failed everything. >.< Got hit by this intense flu going around my office and was down for the count for 5 days. Slightly worried it was going to move into my lungs and give me bronchitis again but I think I may have dodged that bullet. *knocks on wood*

Going to try to turn this week around and be productive, at least get back out running! 

Level 11 - World's Smallest Norn

Challenges: | Current |11 |10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

That's awful! Running when you're sick is difficult, but I've read a lot that says it's still really good for you to work out when you're sick even if it feels a lot harder. Good luck and glad you're feeling better!

Current Challenge

"Building a New Normal" - My Character

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Rivendell - Loot = new minimalist shoes)

23%

Adulting in April

18%

Thanks everyone! :D

Went running yesterday, a nice easy run, but I definitely noticed it was more difficult and my heart rate was getting much higher than normal and I when I finished up I burst into a coughing fit. Felt so great to get out running again though I didn't even care. :P

I get these moments when i'm running (weirdly when the wind is blowing, maybe because its so refreshing?) where i'm just SO GLAD to be alive and able to run. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just crazy?

• Like 1

SaltyDragon - Good! It's totally okay to be crazy if you aren't alone. 

Week 3...Is it 3? Update:

Ran 15.5 miles last week, not as much as I had wanted, but way more than the week before. It's allergy season in Alaska now and everything is blooming and glorious...and trying to kill me. Can definitely still run but the watery eyes and nose make it not the most fun experience. 

Studying, didn't do much, need to crack down on myself. It's just so hard to study again, it has been 6 years since I graduated college already, I should be done with this studying business!

Arm Workouts, did 4 days but also I spent a lot of the weekend lifting boxes to prep for our move, so I think that counts! :P

Wedding stuff - Have now secured a wedding planner, photographer, makeup artist and am in final negotiation talks with a videographer. Things are moving along pretty smoothly, though I've been so busy with trying to figure out this Nevada move that its been on the back burner a bit. 

Has been a super stressful past two weeks, been going back and forth with my work about when I need to move, June 1 or July 1, I wanted June they wanted July. Finally agreed to just move in July, which will be easier when it comes to arrangements down there, but will throw my fiance's schooling all out of whack. Oh well, what can you do but just make things work no matter what. 

• Like 1

Jeeze, this challenge zipped by like crazy.

Week 4:

Ran 16 miles, my allergies are kicking my butt. Was laid up on the couch all weekend with itchy/runny everything and a wicked headache. I'm hoping it will pass soon as pretty much everything has fully bloomed now. 

Did our arm workout 3 times this week, right on schedule.

Studying - Did a little, not enough, going to really have to crack down these next three weeks, my class is creepin up fast!

Wedding Planning - Realized I was going to be back in seattle at the end of the month to go to my sister's baby shower, so I decided i'd wait to order my dress until I go there in person. They have this cool option where you can order the dress shorter straight from the manufacturer (which I need because i'm only 5'2") and I want to have the dress on to make sure how much shorter it really needs to be. 

Challenge Wrap Up:

I'd say I got a solid  low B or C, I didn't run as much as I wanted but I at least didn't give up and stop running, have kept consistently running at least a bit each week. I did quite well on the arm workouts, feeling a bit stronger and surprisingly stronger in the core, must be all the planks. Studying I did pretty terrible, now that it's only three weeks out I have no choice but to suck it up and study. Wedding planning went pretty great, checked off a lot of the big things that were looming over my head. Still need to follow up with the wedding planner and videographer, but i'm happy with my progress. 

I'm going to take a bit of time to reassess my goals for next month and try to recommit to my fitness. This month was rough and I want to do better next time. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of people would let their fitness goals slide considering all the other stuff you have going on, especially the wedding plans. It's definitely good that you're not doing that. I like how you're determined to stay committed. I think you did pretty good toward your goals – except for the studying, perhaps, but that's a hard one, and something I definitely struggle with as well.

Really great job running through your allergies!

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

SaltyDragon - Aw thanks :D yeah studying is the worst, which is funny because i'm usually really good at things school related.

I've decided the best way to keep the running motivation up is the run this half marathon coming up in June. It's the weekend before we move, and definitely not a PR course (it's full of huge ridiculous hills and part of it you have to run through the woods on a crazy narrow mountain bike path) but it will be my last Alaskan hurrah. Considering it will be an average of 105 in Nevada when we move and we haven't nailed down where were living or if there are any indoor tracks nearby, I think the transition to running there is going to be bumpy. On the plus side, no plants to kill me with their pollen in the desert! 

• Like 1