• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Atrytone

Atrytone Unleashes the Power of Persona

8 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

First, let me take a quick moment to, "Pars-ley saaaaaage, rose-ma-ree and thyyyyyyyyyme, rememmmmmmber meeee to onnnne wholives the-ereee, sheeee once waaaas-" sorry. Ahem. <.<

As far as fresh lavender? I don't actually know, myself. My mom recently got dragged into Essential Oil Mania (through Young Living) and they all have plenty of uses that might translate well. Lavender has proven pretty good for earache; I'd have to look at the article again to get the specifics of why it's good. It's also relaxing to breathe it in, so long as it's not too strong.

*while reading about the fresh sort of lavender* okay, apparently it can be made into a tea with chamomile and honey, which actually does sound quite nice, with peppermint it's good for headache, good for sunburn, it can go in soaps.

But if you're looking more for herbs to cook with, dill is nice. Basil and mint are also good. (Especially mint, though)

Fabulous that you have an herb garden, by the way. Those are useful, ranger-y, and just plain cool.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that reference.

Now that you mention it I used to have a lavender-peppermint temple balm for headaches. It was lovely.

I used to have dill but it didn't last well for some reason. I had mentioned getting herbs off hand a couple years ago and my mom was like, 'okay let's go to the store and get some herbs'. So we did. Right then. I love my little babies. I'm not particularly good at gardening I don't think but most of them are pretty tough so they can handle my fumbling.

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Mint has a tendency to take over the world, so it is usually best in a pot. I love growing and having fresh herbs

Very good to know. Thank you, I appreciate the warning.

5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I've had lavender infused teas which were lovely. I agree with the mint pot-warning, left alone it turns to mintpocalypse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep that in mind but I've never really been a floral tea person. Maybe my mom would like it though. I know she likes jasmine tea. Thank you also for the mintpocalypse warning.

• Like 2

It's a song reference, "Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Remember me to one who lives there; she once was a true love of mine." Goes on for a few verses, not completely sure what it's actually talking about, but it has a very nice tune, pleasing to the ear. Haven't heard a bad cover of it yet. ^_^

Well then, go mom! That's great! Ha, yeah, there are some pretty tough plants out there. Only thing I've ever managed to not kill was a potted pepper plant.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Atrytone said:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that reference.

Someone's probably already beat me to this, but...

Moscato is the kool-aid of sparkling wine... pink, bubbly, painfully sweet, and associated with a certain degree of wine ignorance. I absolutely love it and drink it all the time, to the horror of my friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

Mm, yes, that song. So smooth <3 Peter Hollens does a gorgeous version, too. It goes through my head every single time I see anything remotely related to any of the herbs mentioned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

It's a song reference, "Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Remember me to one who lives there; she once was a true love of mine." Goes on for a few verses, not completely sure what it's actually talking about, but it has a very nice tune, pleasing to the ear. Haven't heard a bad cover of it yet. ^_^

Well then, go mom! That's great! Ha, yeah, there are some pretty tough plants out there. Only thing I've ever managed to not kill was a potted pepper plant.

Oh, thanks.

Yeah, my mom is pretty great. I've never had a pepper plant myself but dad had one that lasted for a while.

5 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Moscato is the kool-aid of sparkling wine... pink, bubbly, painfully sweet, and associated with a certain degree of wine ignorance. I absolutely love it and drink it all the time, to the horror of my friends.

Nobody beat you! It's a nice song. Thanks for sharing the video.

I'm actually not a sweet wine fan. Give me a nice dry white with a citrus finish and we're talking though. I'm pretty wine-illiterate beyond that though. However, we start talking beer or rye I'll have more to say. :P I'll have to remember Moscato for New Years though. It sounds exactly like the type of wine two of my best friends like.

13 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Simon and Garfunkle could sing the phonebook and make it sound good.

• Like 2

Started out the day in a real funk. Even upping my squat (by 10lbs!!!) didn't improve my mood. I just kept dwelling on how far I still have to go and how much better everyone is. I'm mostly better now though. It's a silly thought process and the amount of progress I've personally made over the past three months is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I'm a little upset that it's still so easy for me to fall into comparing myself to others but I think I'm back on track now. That's what matters.

• Like 2

Taxes are complete! Yay! Small return but I'll take it. Also apparently all the years I spent in school count toward offsetting my taxes once I make a lot of money. That's something neat I never knew about before today.

• Like 1

Yay for beating the paperwork monster! I hate doing taxes *shudder*. That's cool that studying offsets your taxes - here you don't have to pay back the governmental student loan until you're earning over a certain tax threshhold but then they hit you with it pretty hard as an additional tax :/

• Like 1

Yay for beating the paperwork monster! I hate doing taxes *shudder*. That's cool that studying offsets your taxes - here you don't have to pay back the governmental student loan until you're earning over a certain tax threshhold but then they hit you with it pretty hard as an additional tax :/

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Somehow I missed this post. I have two (sorta three...two and a half?) repayment options. Either I begin paying my loans back immediately after finishing school or I start repaying them after a six month grace-period. However, that whole time it accrues interest. This is where the .5 option comes in. Either I can pay out the interest from the grace-period immediately or I can let it get tacked on to the total amount I'm paying back. I haven't quite decided which route I'll go yet but if I take the grace-period option I'll definitely pay off the interest for it immediately.

There are other options if you have a disability or can't find a job but I don't have any disabilities (except my eyesight and that doesn't particularly impair me as long as I have my glasses) and I'm pretty good at finding jobs. I can think of two places off the top of my head that would probably hire me back in a heartbeat.

Where do you live that handles interest like that? (No pressure to answer if you'd rather not though, I'm just curious).

Time for a slightly belated Week One summary. I'm at the tail end of school so life is a little hectic right now. I'm sure I'll be able to put more effort into this challenge by the end but right now my main focus is completing the semester and not failing horribly.

Attributes

Academic: 13pts - Slacker

Courage: 4pts - Timid

Charm: 22pts - Unpolished

Grinding

Three of four possible shadows defeated this week! I meant to go to the gym Tuesday but it just didn't happen. However, I did tackle the High Priestess arcana, with 30+ minutes of music and weeding assisted meditation, and the Hierophant arcana, with exercises designed for main muscle groups.

All-in-all I'd call this a good start.

Next weeks shadows are of the High Priestess, Justice, and Emperor arcanas.

• Like 2

Australia has something similar to what Yasha92 described. We do not have to pay off student loans (HECS, FeeHelp) until we earn over $54,000pa. Most retail positions including store management are usually $30-40,000, if you're lucky to get full time work.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

That is a good start :3 And heyoo, I just noticed you're up to 55% for your squats! That's a great accomplishment, congratulations!

Thank you! It's going to be a while before I can keep upping it though since I graduate soon and won't have free gym access anymore. I'll just have to go back to practicing pistol squats instead. :D

Aussie here, our system is odd, but not terrible :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I see. Interesting. Do you accrue interest while you're waiting for a suitable job to come along?

Australia has something similar to what Yasha92 described. We do not have to pay off student loans (HECS, FeeHelp) until we earn over $54,000pa. Most retail positions including store management are usually $30-40,000, if you're lucky to get full time work.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Thanks for explaining the system Thom. I wish ours was more like that. The government will make some exceptions if you really aren't earning anything but interest is still a very real thing. I shouldn't complain too much though. Approximately $4000 that I received with my loans were in grants that I don't have to pay back which makes my total significantly less intimidating than it could have been.

• Like 1

Homestuck ended and I am emotionally compromised.

It ended? I didn't think that was possible. Wow. I don't even read it that much and now feel weird. Wow. Was not expecting that. Um. *attempts to process this information*

How are you doing, Atrytone? Things still going well, I hope...?

• Like 1

It ended? I didn't think that was possible. Wow. I don't even read it that much and now feel weird. Wow. Was not expecting that. Um. *attempts to process this information*

How are you doing, Atrytone? Things still going well, I hope...?

Well yes and no. Hussie has said that "If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes". However, for all intents and purposes it is over. Act 7 was the end.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this. I started reading it at a bad point in my life so the fact that it's over now is pretty sad. It got me through a lot of shit you know? But on the other hand I'm glad I'm glad he didn't just keep beating the dead kids so to speak. I'm content with the ending for the most part but I keep vacillating between being  happy it ended well and being really fucking sad that it's over. It's like a book-hangover on steroids really. It came at a weird time too since I'm finishing up school and just feeling generally lost and vulnerable. That probably isn't helping. Luckily my best friend (the one you got me into Homestuck) has been super supportive since she knows how emotionally attached I get to things.

If you were referring not about Homestuck but about my challenge...well. It's alright I suppose. I've been struggling this week and will probably continue to do so next week as well. I have everything due VERY soon so I'm a bit of a mess at the moment to be honest. Also I'm pretty sure I failed didn't do well in my Anthropology class. I was pretty bummed about that yesterday.