• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Atrytone

Atrytone Unleashes the Power of Persona

Recommended Posts

 

Destination blues.

Now you have reached a goal you have been working on for so long, it's a bit of a let down, a sort of disappointment. Are you any smarter than yesterday or last month? Definitely know more than when you started, but then four years of learning will do that. The process is where you did the learning not the end point.

Something for us to remember in getting fit. We become fit and healthy during the process of getting fit, not when we achieve some arbitrary goal or end point. Using the awesome Ranger Princess Xena as an example it will not be her completing the marathon she has signed up for that makes her able to run a marathon, it is all these months of running that we are watching her run miles everyday that makes her fit enough to run that marathon.

The process not the destination is where we actually gain fitness, knowledge, skill or any other pursuit we can think of.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

I'm not sure it's disappointing really, not yet (although it's a little intimidating and disheartening looking for a job and realizing my degree won't help much). Yeah, the journey is definitely more important than the destination. I don't feel all that different from the me last week, or even last month, but I'm very different than the me I was my first day of classes four years ago. Thank you for taking the time to write this out and remind me, and all of us reading this, that there really isn't a destination. Just brief pauses in the process. :) (And also that this can be applied to basically everything in life).

 

 

Now just to remember that for myself. emoji53.png

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

You definitely do. It's easier to offer advice for others than to accept your own I think. I find I do that more often than I should myself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a small update on my challenge because I didn't do one at the end of Week Three. This challenge went completely off the rails due to last minute school stuff. I'm a little disappointed but I refuse to beat myself up over it. School was definitely a priority and I feel no shame for making it so. I'll do my best to finish out the challenge as well as I can but I think I might have to make my next one something easy with a focus on consistency. That's been my struggle since the beginning. Now that I don't have an even half-hearted schedule (until I get a job) this is going to be even harder for me. Hopefully I find work soon.

 

Also, I made some omelet muffin type things. An RL friend suggested avocado with anything egg-related and so far she hasn't steered me wrong. (Sorry the picture is so big I have no idea how to change the size if it's even possible).

13062290_10153634177751314_4862612997999

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Focussing on the last part of your schooling to get it all finished was probably the most important thing for you to do this challenge. So as far as I am concerned you haven't derailed as much as pulled into the station and gotten off the (study) train.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A. Those avocado egg muffin things look delicious.

 

B. Yikes! That workout does look intense. Kudos for getting it done! I hope the soreness abates quickly.

 

C. Making your studies a priority is definitely not a bad thing, and it looks like your attitude on the matter (refusing to beat yourself up for it and wanting to finish well) is right on target! Best of luck getting a good job. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching up!  I don't think that focusing on school for a few days is a bad thing.  And you got right back into working out, even if walking is a little hard right now.  It looks great.  Now finish up this challenge with something fantastic!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-04-26 at 1:40 PM, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

Focussing on the last part of your schooling to get it all finished was probably the most important thing for you to do this challenge. So as far as I am concerned you haven't derailed as much as pulled into the station and gotten off the (study) train.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Thank you. :)

 

3 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

A. Those avocado egg muffin things look delicious.

 

B. Yikes! That workout does look intense. Kudos for getting it done! I hope the soreness abates quickly.

 

C. Making your studies a priority is definitely not a bad thing, and it looks like your attitude on the matter (refusing to beat yourself up for it and wanting to finish well) is right on target! Best of luck getting a good job. :)

A. I made a modified version of this recipe. No ham so I substituted tomatoes and because those are watery I added less water than the recipe calls for.

B. Thanks. My hips will hate me tomorrow I'm sure but I'll live. :P DOMS never killed anyone to the best of my knowledge.

C. Thank you. :)

 

2 hours ago, Terra said:

Catching up!  I don't think that focusing on school for a few days is a bad thing.  And you got right back into working out, even if walking is a little hard right now.  It looks great.  Now finish up this challenge with something fantastic!!!

Thank you. :) I'll do my best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this challenge didn't go exactly the way I intended. In retrospect an involved challenge like this should have waited until after school was completely done. I didn't accomplish the majority of my stated goals but I gave a themed challenge a try and I'll probably do one again in the future. I think the name of the game for the next challenge is consistency though. We'll see. So without further ado my challenge wrap up:

 

Attributes

Academic: 17pts - Slacker

Courage: 12pts - Timid

Charm: 49pts - Smooth

 

Grinding

I defeated a total of 7 shadows out of a possible 14. Not fantastic but passable.

 

Physical measurements as follow (B - beginning, E - end, D - difference [- represents a loss and + represents a gain]):

Neck - 13.25, [E] 13, [D] -0.25

Chest - 37, [E] 37, [D] 0

Biceps - (flexed) R. 12, [E] 11.75, [D] -0.25; L. 12.25, [E] 12.25, [D] 0

Waist - 29, [E] 29, [D] 0

Hips - 37.25, [E] 37.5, [D] +0.25

Thighs - (at rest) R. 20, [E] 20.25, [D] +0.25; L. 20.25, [E] 21, [D] +0.75

Calves - (at rest) R.  13.5, [E] 13.5, [D] 0; L. 14, [E] 13.75, [D] -0.25

 

Pictures under the spoiler:

Spoiler

large.DSC01949.JPGlarge.DSC01951.JPG

 

So as noted above my next challenge will be about consistency. I haven't written it up yet, and frankly I considered taking a break, but I have some ideas now. I should have some more free time and hopefully less stress but we'll see if that lasts once I have a job. From past experience I've learned that my first two weeks at a new job tends to be hell and I'm applying for an Adult JobTM this time around. I'm intimidated and I feel under-qualified to be honest. I'm sure that's a perfectly natural response and I won't let it stop me but I think part of the reason it means so much is that I want to prove to myself that the past four years of university weren't a waste. That I am a more capable, intelligent, informed, and motivated person than I used to be. Is that true? Who knows. I do have four years of experience under my belt that I didn't before though which has to count for something.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2016 at 4:19 PM, Atrytone said:

Just a small update on my challenge because I didn't do one at the end of Week Three. This challenge went completely off the rails due to last minute school stuff. I'm a little disappointed but I refuse to beat myself up over it. School was definitely a priority and I feel no shame for making it so. I'll do my best to finish out the challenge as well as I can but I think I might have to make my next one something easy with a focus on consistency. That's been my struggle since the beginning. Now that I don't have an even half-hearted schedule (until I get a job) this is going to be even harder for me. Hopefully I find work soon.

 

Also, I made some omelet muffin type things. An RL friend suggested avocado with anything egg-related and so far she hasn't steered me wrong. (Sorry the picture is so big I have no idea how to change the size if it's even possible).

13062290_10153634177751314_4862612997999

This looks amazingly delicious!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.