Hello fellow diet cleaner-upper! Sounds like you've had good success taking the first steps. Cheering you on for continued awesomeness!

• Like 1

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

i'm a total grape-aholic, LogicLeigh.. I just ate a big bowl full for my after work snack, LOL!

Thanks, Garjan! 

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Day two summary:

No exercise today. Rest day FTW cause holy cow I am sore from the squats and such yesterday. 

Drank a ton of water.  Only had soda at work.

Missed my "first breakfast" by trying to get extra sleep. Insomnia monster visited last night.  Had breakfast on my work break: turkey bacon and banana.  Lunch was chicken, sweet potatoes, and raw cucumber slices.  Dinner was chicken, broccoli, and roasted baby red potatoes.  After work snack was grapes.  I really really really want some junk.  I am feeling super hopeless about life right now so I want to eat.  I'm drinking water and trying to stay distracted.

Cleanliness goals:  brushed my teeth.

Will try to catch up with everyone's threads soon. Kinda being an internet slacker tonight.

• Like 4

Challenges:

On 4/5/2016 at 9:33 PM, MichiruSedai said:

Missed my "first breakfast" by trying to get extra sleep. Insomnia monster visited last night.  Had breakfast on my work break: turkey bacon and banana.  Lunch was chicken, sweet potatoes, and raw cucumber slices.  Dinner was chicken, broccoli, and roasted baby red potatoes.  After work snack was grapes.  I really really really want some junk.  I am feeling super hopeless about life right now so I want to eat.  I'm drinking water and trying to stay distracted.

Have you tried frozen grapes? I love them and they take a bit longer to eat, so I mentally feel like I've had more than I really do.

Hope all is well with life by now and it is going better. If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to send a pm my way! You've got this!

• Like 2

Frozen grapes, hmm, might have to try it.

Yesterday I was a total slug. I don't have much to report. I didn't do anything to de-rail my week, but it was close.

Today I am trying to do better.  I ate good meals, and I haven't gone too crazy on the snacks, and that will hopefully stay true.  I am supposedly going to do cardio+BBWW+shower+teeth when I get off of here.  I had a goal this challenge of being active in every single adventurer thread.  I think I got through maybe three people's threads, got overwhelmed, and just came to post this update and be done with it.

Sorry I am all whiny this week.  The depression monster is relentlessly stalking me.  What's weird is usually when my depression gets worse there is a reason. There really isn't anything that "happened" this time.  I have been thinking on some things that happened over teh last few years, and I've been thinking about how my life is at present vs how I'd like it to be, so I guess that's enough to depress me.  I'm trying to focus on positives:  my kid is awesome, I have a job and can pay bills, I have a gaming group of people that don't hate me, my kitty is soft and cuddly, I'm doing good at losing weight.

OK. Need to work out.  I was going to last night and then decided "oh I'll do it Weds morning, I wake up early anyway!" hahahahaha yeah no.

• Like 1

Challenges:

DId cardio, did the BBWW (what I could), took a shower.  Now chilling out before bed.

BBWW progress:

20 body weight squats - complete
    10 push ups - complete as table push ups
    20 lunges - 10 done
    10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon tea jug) - complete
    15 second plank - 6 seconds
    30 Jumping Jacks - complete

• Like 3

Challenges:

13 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Today I am trying to do better.  I ate good meals, and I haven't gone too crazy on the snacks, and that will hopefully stay true.  I am supposedly going to do cardio+BBWW+shower+teeth when I get off of here.  I had a goal this challenge of being active in every single adventurer thread.  I think I got through maybe three people's threads, got overwhelmed, and just came to post this update and be done with it.

Staying up to date in all the threads is daunting! Especially some of the threads that just blow up!

Don't worry about following everyone, pick a few people and stick with them. You'll find a group of people to support and encourage you that will go a long way to helping with your goals. 

Great job on the BBWW! Getting up and being active when the depression monster is rearing its ugly head is a win in and of itself - don't knock it!

• Like 2

Someday I might be up to Mud Run level, Blaze, but at this point those things scare the crap out of me!   I did sign up for a Color Run in the summer, but the friend I am doing it with will be pushing her baby in a stroller, so we'll be walking not running.

Yesterday was OK.  Not an exercise day.  I drank a ton of water, I ate my meals.  Just for fun, I starting plugging my food into the MFP tracker. I don't plan to become a strict calorie counter, but it's been helpful to make sure I eat enough - and it's made me look at just how much crap is in some snacks.

This is going to be a very stressful weekend because I have family coming to town.  Sunday is a big let's all get together day, which has my anxiety through the rough. I'm glad these only happen once or twice a year.  Honestly, if it weren't for my son having fun, I wouldn't go.

• Like 2

Challenges:

2 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

This is going to be a very stressful weekend because I have family coming to town.  Sunday is a big let's all get together day, which has my anxiety through the rough. I'm glad these only happen once or twice a year.  Honestly, if it weren't for my son having fun, I wouldn't go.

100% agreed! 

Random person: What did you do this weekend?

Me: Oh, I had a big family get-together.
Person: How fun!

Me: ... sure ... let's call it that

But hopefully you will have some actual fun ... or non-misery? At least you can take vicarious pleasure in your son's enjoyment. Bonus life points to you for socializing for the sake of others!

2 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

I did sign up for a Color Run in the summer, 

Color does sound more fun than mud, just in general.

• Like 2

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Thanks, guys.  Most of my family, I can stand just fine.  There is one family member I really dislike, and she will be there being her obnoxious I-want-to-punch-her-smirk-off-her-face self the whole day.  The one family member I can tolerate in small doses will be there too, but I'm hoping having the kids there, as well as a family member I really like, will counter the annoying ones.  And since today's last minute plan got cancelled, I have gotten to relax and sort Magic cards and have a nice normal Saturday. :) I'm going to work out and shower later on, and I have done well with meals today.   String cheese + banana + iced green tea for breakfast, a coffee without quite as much creamer as I tend to dump in at mid morning, a turkey sammie loaded with veggies at lunch, and some baked ham and mixed veggies at dinner.  Snack today was some raisins because I was out of fresh green grapes. Ate the tiny shriveled former grapes instead, LOL!

Personality conflicts aside, the big challenge tomorrow will be food.  We are having lunch at Red Lobster (crazy good cheddar biscuits...) so I've already looked up my usual food I like to eat there and planned out what I am going to eat.  Hopefully my will power wins and I only eat one biscuit and not three or four.  Dinner will be at Cousins, which to be honest, I haven't eat at in over a decade (I prefer Subway, plus no Cousins near my house), so I am assuming I can get a healthy meal there. Haven't looked up there menu yet, because the dinner is a "maybe" depending on time.  I have to get home early enough to both get my son ready for bed on time (shower, story, jammies, everything ready for school, etc) and cook my work lunches for the next week (gonna stick with chicken breast, roasted sweet potatos, and raw veggies, I really liked that last week).

• Like 3

Challenges:

I hate family gatherings! I hope today isn't too stressful for you, focus on the people you like and making good food choices, and then go home and chill out :)

Well done on the BBWW! As long as you do one thing more than the last time, then you're improving... and any improvement is to be celebrated!

• Like 2

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

I looked up the menus for the restaurants we are eating lunch and dinner at, and think I can fit both in my calorie goal, while still having a normal breakfast.  Holy hell, restaurants pack in the calories even in things I'd think would be healthy.

• Like 1

Challenges:

Holy hell, restaurants pack in the calories even in things I'd think would be healthy.

Ha, yes! I think they look at their menus and say, "What do these dishes really not need in them? Additional sugar and oils? Okay, let's add those."

• Like 2

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

I did pretty well on the family outing.  I kept my stress level from exploding by focusing on the kids.  And I managed to stay pretty good on the eating.  I ended up having broiled fish and steamed broccoli for lunch, and a turkey + lots of veggies sub for dinner.

Yesterday was pretty unremarkable. I spent the entire evening reading (outside of my parenting duties of course) and it was really nice to relax and unplug from electronics.

Today has been alright.  I did the BBWW + cardio + shower + teeth and followed my eating goals.

BBWW progress:

20 body weight squats - done
10 push ups - done as table push ups
20 lunges - done
10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon tea jug) - done
15 second plank - did 10 seconds
30 Jumping Jacks - done

I almost have it complete!  :D

Question for the ladies reading this thread: the jumping jacks are uncomfortable bordering on painful because of my, uh, "assets" bouncing with the movements.  I am wearing my most supportive bra.  I actually tried wearing TWO of 'em.  Any suggestions on how I can make these less painful?

Hope all are having a good week. :)

• Like 2

Challenges:

Question for the ladies reading this thread: the jumping jacks are uncomfortable bordering on painful because of my, uh, "assets" bouncing with the movements.  I am wearing my most supportive bra.  I actually tried wearing TWO of 'em.  Any suggestions on how I can make these less painful?

Honestly, I can think of only two options: do your jumping jacks so gently that they don't even qualify as a workout, or duct tape. (Well, or one of those super restrictive sports bras that's nearly as painful to wear as the bouncing is to endure.) 

Yay for surviving family and for getting your workout done!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Hope all are having a good week. :)

/Looks down. /Laughs. (For reference, I'm a C cup).

What sports bra are you currently wearing? FWIW, a good sports bra is going to make a difference here and be worth the money. I wear this one most often and love it. It's compression and works really well to keep bouncing at a minimum. The size is super important too. I have one that is too large (it's an older one) and it does a horrible job at supporting me. 

• Like 1

In order to answer this properly, I'd probably need to see video... for... analysis, and uh... assessment purposes.

Also, because boobies.

• Like 2

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

I wear one of these with a really tight vest over the top, then my usual training top when I have to do anything bouncy but I gotta say my first option is always 'don't do anything bouncy'. My boobs are the bane of my life at times. 

I am a 34G if that helps. 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten