I'm not even THAT big to be honest...  C here as well.  I don't actually own a sports bra but I have fairly supportive bras due to my active work.  Maybe it's time to do what we used to do when I played soccer in high school and wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it!

Thanks for your suggestions, ladies!

And SomeGuyFromScotland... LOL!

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

This thread was right on time for me.  I need a new sports bra.  SGFS if I send you a picture can you help me figure out my size?

Don't encourage him. 

Dust EVERYWHERE.

• Like 3

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Well, today I nearly hit my second 20 lb lost mini goal... I'm only 0.2 lb shy of that milestone.

I was excited for a couple minutes until I realized I'm not even halfway to even an approximate end goal.

I have so much yet to go.

I look disgusting now, and I will look disgusting at my goal due to excess skin.

Depression monster doesn't even have to try hard today.  The facts are enough to have me down.

I'm not going to give up.  I'm determined to keep going so I can be healthy for my son.  I realize losing 40 lbs over 4 months is amazing progress.  But... losing 40 lbs got me down to 232.  Still obese.  "Down" into a size 18.   Meh. MEH MEH MEH!

I'm incredibly depressed, and it's a miracle I avoided the junk food aisle at the store tonight, because goodness gracious do I want to EAT.

I'm going to go take a shower and then either read, or watch tv, or game, or do something to try and fill up the quiet until it's time to sleep.

I promise  my next post won't be so whiny.

• Like 3

Challenges:

Hate those days, when it feels like it's not worth it or it's never going to happen and everything is just so meh, and all you've got is trusting the stinking process.

reinvent_crop380w.jpg

Boring, slow, tedious, effective, triumphant, dumb process.

Hope you had some fun with books or tv or games in your evening!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Yeah - I know it's easier said than done, but if you keep going at this rate (or even a slightly slower rate, which will happen as you have less to lose, but still, progress!), just imagine how you'll feel in another four months...and four months after that...and so on. Your progress has been amazing, and it can continue to be. Nice work avoiding the junk food, and keep on keeping on for your son and for you.

• Like 1

Well, today I nearly hit my second 20 lb lost mini goal... I'm only 0.2 lb shy of that milestone.

I was excited for a couple minutes until I realized I'm not even halfway to even an approximate end goal.

I have so much yet to go.

I look disgusting now, and I will look disgusting at my goal due to excess skin.

Depression monster doesn't even have to try hard today.  The facts are enough to have me down.

I'm not going to give up.  I'm determined to keep going so I can be healthy for my son.  I realize losing 40 lbs over 4 months is amazing progress.  But... losing 40 lbs got me down to 232.  Still obese.  "Down" into a size 18.   Meh. MEH MEH MEH!

I'm incredibly depressed, and it's a miracle I avoided the junk food aisle at the store tonight, because goodness gracious do I want to EAT.

I'm going to go take a shower and then either read, or watch tv, or game, or do something to try and fill up the quiet until it's time to sleep.

I promise  my next post won't be so whiny.

You'll hear this all the time; it's a marathon, not a sprint. You don't get unhealthy overnight and you won't get healthy overnight either. 40 pounds is amazing. AMAZING! 

FWIW, I have lost about 75 lbs all together - slowly, just like you are, and I don't have excess skin. Keep taking it slow and steady and you will be fine.

Whining is okay. It's hard trying to be healthy and be a mom and exercise and not eat all the things you want to. What's not okay is giving up. Because in another 4 months, when you lose another 40 pounds, you are going to look back and be like, man, this was worth it. You are worth it. 

Hope your weekend was well and today is even better. I'm rooting for you!

• Like 4

40lb lost is amazing! You're an inspiration to me (who lost 30lb, regained 40lb!) and I hope you keep fighting! And progress is great, and you're doing fantastically.

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Hey guys. Sorry I poofed. I've been kinda holed up with my books trying to avoid the world (well, when I'm done at work, and my son is in bed).

I'm embarrassed to say that over the weekend I had my first binge of 2016.  Though I guess it's good I made it almost four months without one.  I've spent this week getting my eating back under control, and trying to make myself exercise and otherwise take care of myself.

Happily, I have gaming this weekend, so that will give me some fun socializing outside of books and videogames.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I will try and stop by threads later!

• Like 1

Challenges:

The weekend went well, thanks!  Gaming was fun as always, and I got to take some nice long walks.

I'm sorry I haven't been much of a presence on there this challenge.  I've been really struggling emotionally, and I try to avoid posting depression things all the time, so it equals not posting.

I didn't do very well on all my goals this challenge, so I'm going to try and finish this week strong, and I'm already thinking of things for May.  I think May is going to be a harder mode challenge to really help me get back on track.   Instead of no soda except at work, I'm thinking no soda period. And if I make it all month, the money I saved from not buying soda ($6.25 a week!) can be used to buy something fun.  Also thinking going from popcorn twice a week to zero a week and focusing on only healthy snacks.  That would save me another $4/week that could go to my end of month fun purchase.  Sticking with BBWW 2x a week, and upping cardio to 4x a week.  For a self care goal, I might make it sleep. I just realized how little sleep I actually get.  I wake up at 5am on work days, and I don't usually get to sleep until 11-11:30.

I hope everyone is doing well this week.  :)

• Like 1

Challenges:

Met and exceeded my second 20 lbs lost goal at today's weigh-in!  Woohoo!!

• Like 3

Challenges:

8 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

Met and exceeded my second 20 lbs lost goal at today's weigh-in!  Woohoo!!

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Thanks, deftona & Sylvaa!

Something big I learned this challenge is that despite going almost five months without binge eating, I still need to work on my coping mechanisms.

Outside of not even enjoying the food I binged on (seriously, it tasted nasty, then it made me mad that I didn't like it, so I ate more out of spite), it actually made me feel worse each time my feelings of depression intensified and I had to remind myself: no alcohol, trying to be healthy. no junk food, trying to be healthy. dammit what can I have?  nothing.  oh here's a veggie that totally helps.

This has been a very hard month, and I am really hoping May is better.  There are things I am looking foward to (Civil War! X-Men!) but the same things I am looking forward to also trigger the negative thoughts (Going to movies alone! I'm single and unloveable!).  I'm really going back and forth on how hard to make my May challenge.  On the one hand, I really want to push myself.  But on the other hand, I don't want to set myself up for failure by setting super high goals when I already know I'm in a deeper depression than I was the first few months of the year.

• Like 1

Challenges:

I decided not to set super strict goals this month.  I feel that would be setting myself up for failure.  I decided on three goals:  eat within my MFP range daily, no soda outside work, and exercise 3 times a week.  Those are all things I can do, and they are things that should keep me on the right path.  Looking forward to being a more active forums participant in the next challenge and getting my new thread all set up!

• Like 2

Challenges:

Thanks, Sylvaa!  :) I'm excited to see how May goes.

• Like 1

Challenges: