I am Odinson_Rising. This is what I do.

Life is hard. I'll be harder. 

To wield Mjolnir, one must be worthy. I know that's not me, yet, but it will be. I've tried and failed a number of times. That doesn't mean I can just give up. Not now, not ever. So here we are again, on the raggedy edge. There's progress to be made. Let's do that.

My goals:

I'm going to work out, (Stronglifts 5x5 or cardio) at least 3 times a week.

I'm going to track my food, either on paper, in an app, or in a spreadsheet. Every bite.

I'm going to drink more water. Let's start with 1/2 gallon daily.

And,

I'm going to read at least 30 minutes every day.

I've got lots of good stuff to read at home, including Steve's book, and now seems like a good time to get brains deep into some literary goodness.

So that's it. Let's go to work.

Mjolnir.jpg

• Like 2

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

I'll be following.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I like your challenge goals. I'll be following along if you don't mind.

What kind of books do you like reading? Maybe I can offer some suggestions if you run out of reading materials.

• Like 1

Heya Tanktimus, Atrytone, and Raxie! Thanks for joining this white-knuckle Bifrost ride to awesomeness! I look forward to this journey, and sharing it with you!

@Atrytone, My favorite books are sci-fi/fantasy, but I'm reading a bunch of stuff, from the Princess Bride to Fight Club, and a few comics. I'm always looking for more titles!

• Like 3

Loss As A Motivator

49 minutes ago, Odinson_Rising said:

Heya Tanktimus, Atrytone, and Raxie! Thanks for joining this white-knuckle Bifrost ride to awesomeness! I look forward to this journey, and sharing it with you!

@Atrytone, My favorite books are sci-fi/fantasy, but I'm reading a bunch of stuff, from the Princess Bride to Fight Club, and a few comics. I'm always looking for more titles!

Cool. I have similar interests. I'll have to peruse my shelves but just off the top of my head I'd recommend Dune if you haven't already read it.

5 minutes ago, Atrytone said:

...just off the top of my head I'd recommend Dune if you haven't already read it.

I haven't had the chance yet, although I've got the audiobook version in MP3 format. Unfortunately, it's fairly overwrought, in terms of the production, so I think I'll actually read it.

• Like 1

Loss As A Motivator

This Son of Tyr will follow the Son of Odin.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

How was week 1?

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Agreed with Tank, how have you fared?

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hey guys! Sorry I went radio silent for a bit. Things on this end have been crazy. I'm behind on food tracking, okay on workouts, and about a b/c average on reading and water. How are your challenges going??

• Like 2

Loss As A Motivator