BitterOyster Returns to Pallet Town to Recuperate

BitterOyster

^ Well, it's a drag right now but you're right, I have learned a lot. Glad you like the theme!

Back to the gym - I have this feeling I'm Doing It Wrong by doing low reps on the weights machine but it's what I like, so I did 5 circuits with 5 reps on each upper-body machine. I was really feeling it by round 4 but pushed through. 

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

Week 2

squirtle-color.png Squirtle

Pool Gym: 2 visits, up from 1 last week

Knee exercises: 6/7

charmander-color.png Charmander

Lights Out: 7/7

Morning routine: Sitting outside isn't as enticing now I can walk. Buying a nice tea for the morning might help.

Spr_1b_001.png Bulbasaur

Drawing almost every day, I didn't keep count

Portraits: 47/100

• Like 3

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Haven't been doing so well this week, mentally, physically or diet-wise. Working a full day on Monday really wiped me out even though I was sitting a lot of the time and that scared me. I'm so anxious about recovering quickly enough to meet all the challenges coming up this year that I'm not admitting to myself that I'm not back to 100% in terms of energy, but denial doesn't help. And yet, the things that need to be done, need to get done, so it's hard to find rest sometimes.

Since I saw Twilight's thread I've had various parts of Lateralus stuck in my head all challenge and have listened to the whole album a few times. This part has been with me especially, if a little out of order:

If there were no rewards to reap,

No loving embrace to see me through

This tedious path I've chosen here

I certainly would have walked away by now

But I'm still here

• Like 3

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

No wonder I haven't come across your challenge this month... hiding over in the Druid Grove, I see. 

Well, I've tracked you down now at least so I can enjoy more Pokemon shenanigans!

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

^ A wild Rurik has appeared :) I posted in Rangers general chat but it must have gotten lost in the usual post avalanche.

I made it to the local community garden's monthly working bee, finally. Something unavoidable has come up every month for the last 5 months, so a bit of rain wasn't going to stop me. They seem like a friendly bunch and my knee held up fine.

PjoTQLn.jpg

I was really enjoying having a consistent workout again but the upper body stuff on the machines have been making my shoulders and back really stiff and sore and now I'm sure it's beyond DOMS and getting into injury territory, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Either try higher reps or get back into Stronglifts minus the squats I guess.

• Like 1

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Week 3

squirtle-color.png Squirtle (Gym/Swim)

2 trips, turns out the pool has a machine for getting disabled people in and out of the pool but I'm beyond needing it now.

Knee exercises 3/7 whoops... better get on top of this.

charmander-color.png Charmander (Lights Out)

5/7 had a couple of tough low mood nights and wanted the distraction, which is fine.

Spr_1b_001.png Bulbasaur (Drawing)

Portraits 69/100, and this mini challenge is so intense. ONE HUNDRED IS A REALLY BIG NUMBER GUYS. I missed a couple of days and found myself with hours of work which require concentration. Yikes. Today I've been doing 2 at a time, so 20 minutes, in between cleaning the house and other chores. So pretty much Pomodoros. This is good training because in real life I tend to skip breaks and don't realise until the afternoon that I've stuffed up my productivity. With these portraits the quality takes a dive really fast if I do more than 3 in a row.

I've had a lot of variances in my diet this year so I'm not letting anything stand in the way of getting back on track. 100 days of keto challenge starts tomorrow and I'm travelling next week, so to make sure I'm taking frozen pre-made dinners with me and have some snacks to make up lunchboxes for each day.

• Like 1

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

My last week was a bit of a wash, only a couple of the daily things and no gym visits. I was either travelling or rushing around madly trying to get stuff sorted before travelling. I took the zero week to get my bearings.

Lycan Ranger | Level 13