At Queen Ayrenn's side, the mighty warrior helped the Mane at Drindil Pass, to pursue the Undead Shade of the Queen's brother Naemon... 

Khajiit_medium_armor.png

Going to try to build more simple things into this, make the goals more realistic and measurable. Hopefully this should motivate me to be more productive! And this time I will not post my topic late! 

Diet Goal: 

* Cook/Prepare myself all but 3 meals per week

* No more foods with primarily sugar enters the house by my purchase

Training Goal: 

Walk outdoors for a minimum of 15 minutes x3/week

* Attend gym x3 a week (~45 min work out)

--> Interval Cardio Training = 15 min, 5 min cool down

--> x3 sets squats; x3 sets deadlifts, x3 sets benchpress; x3 rows; x3 overhead press* (choose TWO of these)  

--> 1:30 plank OR 1:00 rows with weights

Life Goal: 

Reduce social media and gaming to allotted times. Install and USE Cold Turkey on both computers. 

Week 1 Check in on April 11th:

A little late on this check-in, but here goes! (posted 4/13)

• Diet Goal: Not 100%, ended up getting food with my classmates again, and during study weekend, so I probably had 4 meals that weren't prepared by me. Will be home more in the next few weeks which should help. 
  • Training goal: Went on walks 3 times! (check!) and went to the gym x3 (check!) - need to be consistent with the planks, was doing less time on those; I also added in overhead press as an exercise choice. 
  • Study Goal: Did better on this; but now I've also created a unique user login for my study time and deactivated my FB account (eek!) 

Week 2 Check in on April 18:

• Diet Goal: Only got food outside 3 times, did a lot of cooking (albeit not all of it healthy); it's been hard not getting sugary sweet food... but was much better this last week.
  • Training goal: Gym x3 (check!); walks x3 (check!) though no hike yesterday. 
  • Study Goal: Study is still on track, will be a prominent feature of my quest next month for sure. I been off of Facebook for almost a full week now, and that's been interesting. 

Week 3 Check in April 25:

This was not my best week... 

• Diet Goal: didn't keep track as well as I usually do, probably went out 4 times? 
  • Training goal: Gym x2, walks x1; but the times I went I did a full workout so that's good
  • Study Goal: Studying has been going well. Considering deactivating other social networks. I feel like I have too many "free time" activities and not enough free time to do them.

FINAL Check in MAY 1st: 

• Diet Goal: ate out 3 times, at home not as great even if I technically followed my rules.. SO needs to get on board and NOT bring home ice cream
  • Training goal: Gym x3, walking every day I didn't go to the gym, which I will be continuing going forward
  • Study Goal: easy to get off track but w/o social media I have found it easier. Need more concrete goals next round. 

Overall I think I met my goal! Looking forward to crafting next round's challenge. 

• Like 1

Level:  1 | Race: Khajiit| Druid  

STR: 0  | DEX: 1 | INT: 5  | CON: 2 |  WIS: 1  | CHA: 1

=Battle Scroll=

You've got some awesome goals here [emoji4] I'll be following along.  Have you played with batch cooking at all?

I have not! It's crossed my mind but I suppose this would be a great time to try it. I do tend to make food for leftovers but usually want to eat something different the next day haha. Will check out Pinterest for ideas - thanks for the input!

=Battle Scroll=

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I understand not wanting to eat the same thing every day.  I usually batch cook 2-3 things each week so I can rotate!

Actually, after a little browsing, if you have batch resources that are easy for you to pull up I'd love to see them ^^; some seem more healthy than others haha

=Battle Scroll=

do you have a crock pot? that make batch cooking tons easier but it's totally doable without one too

Edit: Actually either way, here are some of the resources I used when I started out batch cooking for real (which was only last challenge!)

http://paleoleap.com/art-weekly-make-ahead/

http://empoweredsustenance.com/paleo-batch-cooking/

http://lifemadefull.com/paleo-batch-cooking-and-freezer-meal-recipes/

• Like 1
On 3/31/2016 at 10:32 AM, Raxie said:

do you have a crock pot? that make batch cooking tons easier but it's totally doable without one too

Edit: Actually either way, here are some of the resources I used when I started out batch cooking for real (which was only last challenge!)

http://paleoleap.com/art-weekly-make-ahead/

http://empoweredsustenance.com/paleo-batch-cooking/

http://lifemadefull.com/paleo-batch-cooking-and-freezer-meal-recipes/

Yes I do! It's not a very large one, but I do have one. Thank you so much for the suggestions :)

• Like 1

=Battle Scroll=

On 4/2/2016 at 0:51 PM, fengor said:

khajit <3

I'll think I will keep an eye on this thread ;)

Ehehehe I love that video. When I cosplayed a Khajiit a few years back I was humming it to myself while I pretended to pick-pocket people. 

On 4/4/2016 at 10:41 AM, Raxie said:

You're kicking so much butt already!

Woot! Just trying not to let "but it hasn't started yet..." be an excuse yknow? 

=Battle Scroll=

UPDATE 4/5

Gym yesterday was kinda short and unfortunately at a super busy time of day :| I hate going at 6 pm for that reason. 

• 16 min HIIT warm-up
  • Benchpress
  • 1 min plank

Also went out for dinner but given that it was the day I finished a tough exam, it's something I felt well-deserved. so that's 1/3 of my out-meals already gone! 

• Like 1

=Battle Scroll=

Oh, hey, Khajiit! (Elder SCROOOOOOLLS *flings confetti*)  Your goals look great, and I especially admire the social media one. It can be strangely difficult to stay away from. Congratulations on finishing your exam! It being a tough one, having an out-to-eat meal afterward really isn't so bad. :)

On the subject of batch-cooking; I haven't actually tried it out either, but it always sounds like such a great idea. Whenever busy times are approaching it just sounds so nice to have a freezer full of no-hassle meals that only require heating. Most everyone in my family is perfectly happy to eat the same thing for a week (I'm convinced I could exist entirely and without complaint on a rotation of hummus with peppers and carrots, yellow split pea soup, and chicken with broccoli :P ) but variety is, as they say, the spice of life. Do you have any idea how long you'd like to batch-cook for? Like a week, two, a month...? Because then you could theoretically make a few different recipes and freeze them in small portions, almost like TV dinners, to pick from throughout the time period so as not to get bored. 

Hope you're having a great time this challenge, and keep up the good work Ranger-ing your goals! :D

Matthew 25:34-40

Congrats on making it through that exam :)

thank you! I made it through another one yesterday woohoo! 

Oh, hey, Khajiit! (Elder SCROOOOOOLLS *flings confetti*)  Your goals look great, and I especially admire the social media one. It can be strangely difficult to stay away from. Congratulations on finishing your exam! It being a tough one, having an out-to-eat meal afterward really isn't so bad. :)

On the subject of batch-cooking; I haven't actually tried it out either, but it always sounds like such a great idea. Whenever busy times are approaching it just sounds so nice to have a freezer full of no-hassle meals that only require heating. Most everyone in my family is perfectly happy to eat the same thing for a week (I'm convinced I could exist entirely and without complaint on a rotation of hummus with peppers and carrots, yellow split pea soup, and chicken with broccoli :P ) but variety is, as they say, the spice of life. Do you have any idea how long you'd like to batch-cook for? Like a week, two, a month...? Because then you could theoretically make a few different recipes and freeze them in small portions, almost like TV dinners, to pick from throughout the time period so as not to get bored. 

Hope you're having a great time this challenge, and keep up the good work Ranger-ing your goals! :D

Yeah, it has been hard for me, and I actually deactivated facebook o.o scary but probably for the best of my mental health too haha (man politics is getting bad this year); I think the most I could stomach batch-cooking is for 2 weeks ahead; I tend to like a lot of flavor variety and I like a lot of fresh foods (fortunately both my SO and I like cooking so not a big deal). Thank you for the suggestion :)

ALSO. 

UPDATED with my week one check in! 

=Battle Scroll=

Another trip to the gym today (as well as monday). I have been going with my SO but that means arriving at around 6:00, when everyone else seem to be there. Didn't get to do squats or deadlifts :( too crowded. Gonna see about either going way early or may just go by myself. 

Keep chuggin' along!

=Battle Scroll=

Gym trip #3! Went hard today, feeling nice and sore. Sounds like tomorrow we might go hiking too on my day off so will be in good shape for Monday ^^ 

I also did buy a mini-cupcake yesterday.. but I won't be too hard on myself for that >.>

So far, making a new computer login for "work/study" stuff has been super effective for focusing :) Highly recommend!

=Battle Scroll=

Starting to do early AM gym stuff... not as easy as it seems...haha. Yesterday did some deadlifts for the first time in a long while. Today I went on a nice long walk with my SO and it was great. 

Also got some pork tenderloin cooking in the crockpot.. for anyone interested recipe is here. It smells so good o.o

=Battle Scroll=