Korranation Works Towards the End Game

Hello again. 

I took a break from the adventurers last challenge and adventurers over to the druids. But I found myself doing more wandering than meditating (or levitating.) So here I am. Back again.  I'm not one for introductions, but your more than welcome to go through my past challenges/intros in my signature links below. 

For the next eight to ten-ish weeks I'll be working towards the end game in my ir quest. Graduating college. My goals will be more towards productivity that progress me towards walking the stage. The rest of this challenge will be me working towards finishing this semester. This one raps up a few weeks before finals start. I've got a few more assignments left before then and I want to see how quickly I can get them done before the next challenge starts. 

[Edit: I'm dropping all the app goals]

Staying Hydrated - Drink 100oz per day (try not to kill your plant)

Trekking the Distance - take 10,000 steps per day (discover new planets)

Study Time- study 40hrs per week (perform 80 pomodoros)

Staying Ahead - stay at least one week ahead of all assignments

Distractions - limit time on computer and iphone to x hrs

• Like 3

This challenge looks app-tastic!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

You got this!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

one last day till the challenge starts. I've tried staying with the apps for the past few days and already I see holes in my plans. 

I know walking will be a hard one since that specific app is not good as a pedometer and drains the phones battery like no ones business. I'm better off with a regular pedometer (which I'll use instead.) 

The EpicWin app may not be what I was looking for. I do love the stats you can assign (strength, stamina, intellect, social, spirit), the leveling system, and the loot you can find, but it can be difficult when certain tasks do not fall into the stats. I may pair this app with a new one I found called Super Better. It's got similar stats (physical, mental, emotional, social), it has quests, power up tasks, bad guys, and allies to connect with. The "spot the enemy" quest really made me think. It asks to take a moment and think about current challenges and goals. like...

• what substance, habit, or mindset prevents you from reaching your goals? 
  • how are you most likely to sabotage you best efforts? 
  • when or where is your willpower most like to crack? 
  • what thought or behavior is most likely to bring you down? 

That's a wicked problem right there. I know my goals for now both in NF and irl is to keep up with school, graduate, and don't become so unhealthy that I get myself sick.

substances that prevent me from being healthy are sugars. I've cut creamer from coffee out of the equation, but not having a meal plan and snacks with me can cause me to go with my sweet tooth. Drinking more water has helped tremendously with my binge eating. I haven't done it since I started up with plant nanny.

The habits that cause me to get distracted and loose time towards school and exercise is the internet. I find myself on youtube or some form of webcomic. It's becoming a bad addiction. However, I've been getting into motivational speakers on youtube and can use that as a reward for when I do school work.

Mindsets that prevent me from reaching me goal are feeling overwhelmed like I have too much or the task is too big/difficult. I sort of momentarily give up and distract myself from the stress of feeling that way. I know that if I can simply break things down and just take the first step in getting started I can overcome that kind of mindset. My willpower (that ties into the mindset question) is most likely to crack after a long day at work and stressful day at school. It's either been physically/emotionally/mentally draining and I find myself either distracted or grazing on bad foods. 

After answering all these questions it wants me to make them as "bad guy" tasks so I can battle them and become stronger and more optimistic. From what I've mentioned I can make a good bay guy squad I can add to the army of enemies I'm already trying to conquer. Rather than making them now I can compare them to the enemies already in my current quests que. 

The sticky chair back guy (being sedentary to long) isn't a problem since I get up when I feel my back is too tight of legs too stiff and do some stretches away from the chair. 

The self-critic and brain troll aren't  a challenge most days. On slow work days when I'm stuck behind the register alone with my thoughts I think about the things I could have done better in the past. After a while it becomes less thought and more negative feelings that slowly consume me and drive me to a near anxiety attack. Gotta love that "self doubt, thoughts of inadequacy, and mental sluggishness." I cope with this by taking the receipt paper that was going to be thrown away and turn them into paper cranes and then throwing them away at the end of my shift. All of my cranes can flap their wings if you pinch the chest and pull the tail right. I give some away to little kids that look antsy and want to play with the dog toys/ run off instead of stand next to their parents as they check out. Some of my coworkers have started calling me origami girl. Now the only time those negative feelings creep back is when I see someone wearing greek letters. It reminds me of the nightmares I use to have where the business frat I tried out for last years follows me around and tells me how much of a failure I am/ sabotages new in dream job opportunities.( but that's a whole other barrel of worms)

The coping cactus has gotten bad lately. I've ignored an aspect of my self-care. Either it's late at night and I fall asleep with my makeup on and forget to brush my teeth, or the bathroom is being remodeled and I missed the shower schedule, I forget to drink enough water, or my room gets so messy that the living space becomes difficult to live in. A way I could battle this is to set reminders on my phone for a specific time to do these tasks until they become habits again. 

The rotting brain box isn't a problem at all. I hardly watch tv, unless it's that one recorded episode of one show I've been wanting to watch. And I watch inspirational/ educational stuff on youtube. The description says the only way to battle this bad guy is to perform a power up instead. I hardly see drinking water as helping with this.

The lazy exercise robbers gets to me at school a lot. I ride the bus instead of walking, but even then walking cuts fifteen minutes into my schedule if I want to get to class. And after class or after a snack run I find all the walking tedious and end up taking the elavator. I'm just nervous about spilling my drink. That shouldn't be my only excuse for letting elevators rob me of exercise thought. Especially now that I have 10,000 steps to worry about everyday. 

The stresss conssstrictor is an issue. This bad guy is often tagging along with the self-critic and brain troll. But it's most likely to strike towards the end of the day when will power is not always there for booster shields (or something like that.) There are some self-love power ups that are a good defense for this situation. 

I could make a binge bully for my snack problems, and the internet instigator for when I get distracted (it would be difficult to cut off internet since most of my classes require it.) 

~~~~~

Goodness I typed this up for reference later, but now I know I'm sticking with the second app. 

I could go on a rant (in structured detail) about the other issues in my life in accordance to Steve's book Level Up My Life, but I'll leave that for another day. 

• Like 1
On 4/1/2016 at 8:38 AM, LadyShello said:

This challenge looks app-tastic!

I had to run it thru a few runs before it got the seal of approval

-pun-1330818681.jpg

3 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

You got this!

Thanks!

I'm gonna shake things up for now and see how it goes 

anigif_enhanced-17675-1451411686-3.gif

• Like 1

That seemed like a great exercise to exorcise your demons.  Hopefully that helps you this challenge.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

17 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

That seemed like a great exercise to exorcise your demons.  Hopefully that helps you this challenge.

That's a great way of looking at it.

I really hope I can conquer a few demons this challenge, but it's a constant pursuit. 

Think I'll name my next challenge like that. or theme is around Zaheer. Even though he is an antagonist, he was a sympathetic villain. He wanted freedom. He was able to get rid of his earthly tethers (and any past demons) and flew. I envy that. He's also voiced by Henry Rollins (who I'm currently obsessed with and equally envy.) They both hold a ideology that open up endless possibilities in life. 

I'll keep on keeping on and see where it leads me. 

avatar__legend_of_korra___zaheer_quote_b

• Like 1

DAY 001

Yay for the first day of challenge. Last time I successfully posted all days or did all the goals was when I didn't have a job, had less school work on my hands, and wasn't involved in any school clubs. The goals are smaller than past ones and don't have time or location constraints (such as workouts during a certain time of day or certain piece of equipment.) I don't know how much of my life I'll be able to overshare here either. I'm a busy gal in a busy world. 

Today alone I filled out (most) of my tax forms, had dinner with the fatherlord and Iroh, typed up 11 pages of notes, got all the discographies of all the recommended bands playing at warp tour from a friend, and drank too much water. 

I still didn't get much walking done today. During my study breaks I would get up an refill my water bottle, stretch a little, freak the dog out at how loud I can pop my back, chugged said bottle of water, and went back to sedentary mode. 

I still need to track my powerups and battle more bad guys. So far I've got 16 power-ups, 14 bad guys, and 8 quests. The app tells me to activate 3 power-ups, battle 3 bad guys, and do 3 quests. Only problem is that there are too many to choose from and I like to over-analyze (but in doing so I can come across conclusions I wouldn't have found otherwise.) Putting down what power-ups/bad guys/ quests I did for the day and what I could have done would take some time. But hey. I like some good soul searching and demon battling. 

I found out there are battle reports for bad guys now. There's an option to vanquish the task, but it's uncertain if it would delete it.  There's also a failed option where you did not avoid it. For, example, the self-critic bad guy I didn't avoid it but I didn't think about critiquing myself either. You lose 1x when defeated. The point system is still unclear. 

The zombie program bad guy is new. It has something to do about the brain using less power on monotonous tasks.  The only way this bad guy can be defeated is with the new and exciting power-up which requires you to perform those everyday tasks in a different way. A monotonous thing I did today was type out the pdf copy of a book verbadum so I can have the proper material for my exam this week since it takes less time to type up +100 pages rather than learn and retain the information. There is no way around such a monotonous task unless I read the words out loud or reread the sentence I had typed. For now I'll say I used the power-up defeat this one, but it's still a challenge. 

I'm unsure if I encountered the lazy exercise robbers today. There were no escalators/elevators to deal with. I took a car to go to dinner. It would have been too difficult and time consuming walking ten miles to and from the restaurant with a path that has no sidewalks on a busy road.  It is only a problem during school days when I take the bus to get where I need to go. Again if I took the bus to the class I need to get to I, it would take an extra twenty minutes at least, plus walking back to my car uphill is not a fun experience. 

The Stresss Conssstricor is a weird one. It suffocates the brain with stress and the only way to defeat it is with a personalized power-up since battling chronic stress is different for everyone. I've been making a physical list of things I need/ want to get done. It's a lot better than making an electronic one since it's easier to delete and overlook. I don't think a power up is needed for this guy. He will sneak up on my a few days before shark week and during finals. The only way to avoid that is to prep in advance. 

I added a new quest called Unite with Allies. Only problem is I have to connect to that app specific community on a separate forum. If I did it would feel like I'm living a double life or a lie. Plus since it's a helpful community it I would feel rude if others helped and I not repay the gesture by reading all of their past posts and making a sincere comment that is relevant to the given situation. 

The new quest take a tiny step is a little long. It's one of those pondering ones. Specifically for current challenges and goals. Which are being healthy, happy, sane, graduating, finding a sustainable career, etc. But it goes further an starts asking questions.

"what's one thing that you know helps you feel better?" Food is for momentary bliss, but I prefer reading, hugging my dog, reading webcomics, doing stretches, doing self gs yoga", and hiking. I think I could make an all around "feel better" power-up and list these in the description.

"what reliably gives you a lift?" Other than my bra... that would be my sister and friends. I don't see my friends too often since most of my classes are online and I'm so busy trying to keep up that I don't have time to stop by the corner pub for a drink or to campus for a club meeting/outing. Make time for friends will be another power-up to make.

"what new habit would you like to create?" I would love to be more consistent with my study habits, spend less time on entertainment sites online, manage my time, learn a new language on duo-lingo since it's now certified under linkedin as a credible language tester. etc. I guess I could make manage time as another powerup. 

"what's a tiny step that you know would help you reach your goals if you stuck with it?"

Rewards. I accept digital bonuses. I like to track my progress on studying, staying hydrated via cute pixel plants, and feeling rewarded on checking off a to-do list. I'll add studying as a power-up. 

SuperBetter

Power-ups Activated

Chug a glass of water

Hug Yourself

Exciting and New

Bad Guys Battled

Sticky Chair (vanquished)

Self-critic (failed)

Liquid Calories (vanquished)

The Brain Troll (win)

The Coping Cactus (win)

The Rotting Brain Box (vanquished)

The Lazy Exercise Robbers (win)

The Stresss Conssstrictor (win)

Quests Completed

Simply Connected

How Connected Do You Feel?

Make a Match

Start With a Smile

Advanced Chit Chat, Part I

Advanced Chit Chat, Part II

Your Plastic Brain

Staying Hydrated -100 oz

Trekking the Distance - 2,500 steps :(

Study Time - 6 pomodoros (3 hrs)

• Like 1

DAY 002

Today was my sister's bday. I took her and the fatherlord for some tacos. Afterwards I went on a small trip with her to the craft store so I could buy her a thing she wanted. I also picked up picture refill pages for a scrapbook. I was going to fill it with a junk ton of pictures I found of me from a hidden box I had secretly confiscated from her room. Upon searching the treasures inside I found some photos of her. So I've got an awesome super secret belated gift to work on for later. I don't know how many steps I took today since my pedometer fell off after I reached around 2,500. For dinner we went out to a restaurant and had more food. I had the vodka shrimp angel hair. In my head I imagined the shrimp being born into a concoction of pure vodka rather than water and living a life of pure drunken fun (until they were cooked.) When we got home we sang happy bday for the third time over a nummy cake lilith had baked.

I saw that she was in tears by the end of the night. Maleficent had gotten to her again. I know my stepmom is overworked and over studies and doesn't have enough downtime and takes her frustrations out on the fam, but to do it purposefully and maliciously on my mini-me's bday is disgusting. She's unconsciously an emotionally abusive person. I'd hate to bring it up to the fatherlord since he's stressed about word, the new bathroom renovations, and an upcoming trip. Plus I feel she would be the type of person to divorce him out of spite take everything he has without batting an eye and label herself the victim. 

After her stunt she pulled today I had my sis go out one more time with some friends, so she could end her day on a good note. i'm glad I got my homework done on time on top of everything that happened today. I wasn't able to type of all four chapters for an exam I have due later today, so I'll be googling the answers online and pray that they're somewhere online. Once that exam is out of the way I'll head over to campus to hang out with some friends. I haven't interacted with anyone outside of my fam (other than work customers) in over a week. My social stats are really tanking. 

I deserve more happiness. 

Staying Hydrated -100 oz

Trekking the Distance - >2,500 steps :(

Study Time - 3 pomodoros (1.5 hrs)

• Like 1

DAY 003

I didn't do to hot today. I only managed a little under six hours of sleep and went into work early. And the day I happened to be working was the day a high school choir group was performing nearby. I guess the director let them loose for food, but they flocked to the store for fun. I was odd seeing +30 kids standing around in tuxedos and concert dresses. 

After work I played around on the computer in stead of studying. I took the exam later in the evening than I wanted to. I didn't pass it either. That's what I get for procrastinating. I got so lazy that I forgot to track my water and steps for the day. 

I feel bad for not doing anything productive. The least I can do it double check SuperBetter last minute and do some quests. 

Goodness this is off to a good start. Step into the mood elevator wants me to look up baby [insert fav animal.] Schnauzers do not disappoint. Especially lil grumpy old man faces on baby puppies. I'll save the best thing you can do for later since it needs me to socialize. Maybe I'll bring some extra bags of popcorn to campus and make some for my friends. I'm awesome, they're awesome, and popcorn it awesome. Need I say more?

I think these are too easy. Welcome to being awesome wants me to sit still for fifteen seconds, do nothing, and be awesome. Done. And... it looks like completing this opens up a string of more quests. Leave awesome clues is complete since it offered a compatible app that sends random inspirational messages for future me. How thoughtful. 

SuperBetter

Power-Ups

Bad Guys

Quests

step into the mood elevator   

welcome to being awesome

Leave awesome clues

Staying Hydrated -x oz

Trekking the Distance - x steps :(

Study Time - 0 pomodoros 

• Like 2

DAY 004

So much unproductivy so little time. 

I felt nothing got done today. I went to class for a review for an exam later next week. I stopped by to say hi to friends to find out that a fun app was released recently. Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. I know where my focus will be for the next few weeks. 

I played around on my new game and goofed around further on the laptop. I knew I had an assignment due, but refused to do it. Every time I would put everything down and try to start I would get this uncomfortable feeling like the cringe you have before you know you're gonna get hit by something. I haven't had that problem in a while,, but I'm not liking it. 

I forgot to put on my pedometer, so walking was thrown out the window. I also was in such a catatonic state between my electronics that I didn't water myself enough. 

SuperBetter is fun, but I'm too tired to review the quests. These goals work well to put you in a different mind set when going through emotional hurtles. If only it helped with procrastination. I accidentally deleted EpicWin to make room for KH. 

Yay for reverse productivity. 

Staying Hydrated -40 oz

Trekking the Distance - x steps :(

Study Time - 2 pomodoros 

• Like 1

DAY 005 && 006 && 007 && 008

Talk about falling off the grid. I should make weekends my break days and have four sets of two off days instead of the new NF one week break. 

I forgot to use water my plant for one day and my plant died. I was too ashamed to open it up this weekend. 

The folks went on vacation during my hiatus here. I spent that time hanging with my sisters. We watched tv, teased the dog, ate what we wanted (I had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets), and spent the weekend lounging. I didn't do any studying even though I could have used that time to catch up. 

I filled a shift for a friend at work so I closed shop two nights in a row. So technically I didn't have the whole weekend to myself. 

This step counting is being counter intuitive since my pedometer keeps being left behind every time I get home and change out of my leg prisons called pants. Maxi skirts are the way to go. I would buy a pedometer if it weren't for the fact that I didn't really earn it last challenge, have to pay my new dentist bill, and save up to pay the rest of my tuition. 

I haven't touched SuperBetter in a while. I don't really need a perspective change for being positive or socializing. I'm fine simply existing. My procrastinating keeps me from hanging out with friends though. I end up spending my evenings feverishly typing away at the computer, half arsing projects that neither I, my other class mates, or the professor care about. The last time I socialized was the day before I went off the grid. A friend told me about a new Kingdom hearts app. This app consumed the majority of my free time this weekend. It is so nostalgic, versatile, and has a good leveling and goal system of quests, levels, keyblades, and medals that is positively addicting. A few of my friends on fb synced up with me and have been trying to out rank on another. 

I may replace my pomodoro app with a new one called 30/30. I really should start up an app reviewing site at the rate I'm going through them. Or build my own app that caters my specific needs. But that would take time. I'll put that on that back burner. Along with the commitment to write a book. And read all the bargain bin books I adopted and put on my book shelf. 

I feel like at this point in the challenge is where I fall off the horse, ignore the forum for a few weeks, make another challenge when the time rolls around, and repeat. It's starting to look like a vicious cycle. The last time I stuck with everything is when I didn't have a job, had more free time, and needed a means of escape. And I used this to that means. I want to use this self observation to take note of the past and make better of the future. (but typing this in a tired stupor isn't helping) I still haven't found perfect golden goals that are all Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound. Then again I don't have a solid goal in mind, so they become another task to do and be forgotten. I should be nervous that college is ending soon and I'll be out in the world fighting tooth and nail to find a career. Probably a career in a cubicle in a windowless building. At least it would be something that pays to put a roof over my head, food in my stomach, and enough to pay off my massive college debt. I'm not really living life. All I've seen is the same story of people settling and existing. The outcome of that is moderate stability. That's what I'm hoping for I guess. Or if I'm lucky I hope I can break out of the matrix of mediocrity and do something with myself. 

Staying Hydrated -?? oz

Study Time - ?? pomodoros 

• Like 1

The time spent with your sisters over the weekend sounds like a nice relaxing time.  It sounds like the goals you really need are productivity related.  Have you considered making a goal around that here and then nixing the apps?

• Like 1

Spoiler

The time spent with your sisters over the weekend sounds like a nice relaxing time.  It sounds like the goals you really need are productivity related.  Have you considered making a goal around that here and then nixing the apps?

It was a great time. I wish it happened more often. 

I do need to switch my goals over to being more productive. Time management would be the ultimate goal/habit I'd like to perfect. 

The apps are becoming a distraction rather than an aid. For now I'll focus on getting as much online projects done before finals start, so I'm not running around last minute doing everything half arse and hurting my grades. Just eight more challenges and I can put my focus elsewhere. 

• Like 1

large.gif

Spoiler

Just popping by to ask you if you're going to participate next challenge, and if so, if you want to join us doodlies again? 

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

On 5/2/2016 at 2:55 PM, LadyShello said:

large.gif

On 5/4/2016 at 3:28 PM, Terah said:

Just popping by to ask you if you're going to participate next challenge, and if so, if you want to join us doodlies again? 

blanket_poyo_gif_by_taokamisan-d5l1fsy.g

Goodness, I got caught up in finals again. glad that's all over. 

I think I'll stay in stalker mode for next challenge.

• Like 2