Calibre Suits Up: The Iron Edition

Now.... Let's try this AGAIN!!

Plus, last time that I checked, I'm a badass!! Maybe not like Spezzy or Steve, but I'm a badass none the less. Time to remind myself of that. So now, let's get back to what I know. I know what I like and what I like consists of being a hero and technology. So who better to model this next challenge than the most technical, most badass.... OK, more like most chaotic, most unstable yet more compassionate heroes out there: Iron Man!!

How does one become more like Iron Man?? Let's take a look at the pieces that are Anthony Stark:

large.fly.jpg

Yeah, I Can Fly

Alright, maybe not fly but the next best thing. I need to get these feet moving. So, we're going to try one, maybe two, approaches to accomplish this. 

• Ramp up my walking goals. Normally I've had my step goal set for 8,500 daily and I really didn't care what I got on my days off. Now we're going to try this: 9k on working days, 6k on off days. Simple Pass/Fail. 
  • I've been wanting to do a 5K for the longest time, especially since joining up here. We'll see how the first week goes with the challenge and see if this gets added.

Image result for iron man repulsor hand

Flight Stabilizers

OK, I really couldn't come up with a better name for this one (I'll take suggestions though) but what I need to do is get my arms stronger, my upper body more primed for greatness. So, primary focus for this goal: Strength Training. Now, I'm more than likely not going to end up at the gym deadlifting massive amounts of weights but we'll do what we can here. I've got bodyweight stuff I can do (considering I have a considerable amount of bodyweight to work with :P ) along with working with my kettlebell, medicine ball, and might even consider getting some weighted gloves and some shadowboxing. Anything to get my arms working at least 3 times a week.

large.heart.jpg

Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart

Now, we know that I do indeed have a heart but it's more about fixing my core. Both literally and figuratively. Primarily, I'm going to take care of the core by making the core harder, stronger and more resilient to what life is throwing out there. So that's going to consist of two things:

• Most obvious one is to actually do core workouts. Crunches, flexibility moves, anything that can my abs, chest, and midsection engaged and better functioning (with hopefully the added benefit of less mass in the same areas). Again, 3 times a week is the focus for this.
  • Besides working out, that core of mine needs to have better fuel in it. I've been experimenting a little bit with taking lunches to work, making my own food. What I need to do is keep working on the food. Better choices in while keeping the bad choices very far at bay. This is more of a subjective bonus goal, something I need to do for me.

large.jarvis.jpg

Jarvis, You There?

This is one of my usual, standby goals but there is a damn good reason for it: I need my Rebels!!! And I need you guys BAD ;) So, how am I going to get support... give it in return :) I'm here, every day. It might be only a like or two on some days but I need to give meaningful support and assistance on at least 5 days each week. I love this community and I have been absent for too long, worrying about just myself. I need you and you all probably could do with a little more me in your lives :D 

Now... Time to Get Moving!!! Because I Am Iron Man!!!

• Like 10
21 minutes ago, Calibre said:

..........and you all probably could do with a little more me in your lives :D 

tumblr_m5tup7GXad1rqlfp9.gif

Whooo hooooo!!!!! :triumphant::triumphant:

Super awesome challenge.......particularly because I'm indeed a huge Ironman fan. :)

And a big yep on that above quote. ;)

Now kick some ass Calibre!!! :livid::livid:

tumblr_m5tupx5sp21rqlfp9.gif

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Good to see you back.

• Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Whoo! This challenge sounds awesome! Time to get your plank on!

giphy.gif

I've also get to make more of an effort to be part of this community. I love this place but I struggle to involve myself! I'm starting with YOU, haha! Following!

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

We're so in this together, badass hero!!

Let's rock it, wheeeeeee :D

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Oh, this is going to be a FUN thread to follow!!!!

tumblr_mf3oovwbHk1rrpsd7.gif

• Like 5

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Mega Reply!!!

On 4/1/2016 at 11:19 PM, Artemis said:

tumblr_mt4b2da2Mp1s77z8mo1_250.gif

You've got this.

I do... I will.... I hope! 

On 4/1/2016 at 11:21 PM, SnowOwl said:

I definitely need a little more you in my life! :D 

I'm going to try couch to 5k starting Monday if you are interested in joining me!

Well get it now because if I actually stay off the couch and get to doing what needs to be done there will be considerably less of me :D 

I wasn't expecting the Midwest to get a minor snow storm this weekend (seriously, most of it didn't stick but at one point I saw HORIZONTAL snow!) but I'm considering the C25K. Even if I don't I'll check up on your progress :) 

On 4/1/2016 at 11:36 PM, AshPS said:

tumblr_m5tup7GXad1rqlfp9.gif

Whooo hooooo!!!!! :triumphant::triumphant:

Super awesome challenge.......particularly because I'm indeed a huge Ironman fan. :)

And a big yep on that above quote. ;)

Now kick some ass Calibre!!! :livid::livid:

tumblr_m5tupx5sp21rqlfp9.gif

Yeeehaw!!! :D 

Iron Man is a good one, probably the inspiration for my old Calibre RPG character.

Woo Hoo, I'm bringing the party..... crap, does that mean I have to clean up around here?!? 

Now, if I could kick my own ass that would be impressive, after the last year of progress or lack thereof I should be. But I will indeed kick some ass!!

On 4/1/2016 at 4:01 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Good to see you back.

Glad to be back. Time to get back in the saddle!

On 4/1/2016 at 5:55 AM, PixieKitten said:

Whoo! This challenge sounds awesome! Time to get your plank on!

giphy.gif

I've also get to make more of an effort to be part of this community. I love this place but I struggle to involve myself! I'm starting with YOU, haha! Following!

I almost forgot about planks for the Core work. Thanks!!! 

From what I've seen, with work and Queenie and all, you've got a lot on your plate. But I'll be here ready for your support and visa versa! :) 

On 4/1/2016 at 3:40 PM, Grayspeed said:

Iron Man gif party? Y'all need Hulkbuster.

5NTLtA9.gif?noredirect

Awesome challenge, btw! Fellow Rebel offering support :)

Well, sometimes my efforts get blocked by something big, green, and immovable.... Hulkbuster sounds about the right thing to help!! :D 

Thanks Gray, glad for the backup. 

On 4/1/2016 at 6:00 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

We're so in this together, badass hero!!

Let's rock it, wheeeeeee :D

You Bet Badass Aerialist!!! Let's kick this thing!!

On 4/2/2016 at 10:15 AM, annyshay said:

Wooooooooooooo! :applause:

You Betcha!!!

18 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Oh, this is going to be a FUN thread to follow!!!!

tumblr_mf3oovwbHk1rrpsd7.gif

How can it NOT be fun around here?!? You've got me, other awesome Rebels including yourself, Tony Stark and his many toys, and (hopefully) lots of successes!!!

Just wait and see, the party's coming!!!!

• Like 5

large.57025c60ac257_ironfight.gif

Day One!!

So, Day One didn't start very well. Honestly, it was the first day off that I had in 2 weeks. So yesterday ended up to be a rest and planning day. Now I know what you're thinking (or try to know)... "Why not make that Day Zero and make today Day One?" Honestly, I will start my challenge weeks on Sundays because it's always going to be the one consistent day off I have and it's a low stress day so I should be able to get some early workouts in. 

With that being said, yeah, still not much got done but I did get a good amount of sleep and Day Two is already starting off brighter than the last day I worked. I will give a full recap of what I've started planning plus other thoughts tonight!!! Have a great day all!!!

• Like 5

I will be lurking in the corner a little bit, watching the show. And providing the occasional popcorn commentary :P

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

3 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I like a Sunday start too!  Nothing wrong with starting on your rest day.  Can't wait to see what you come up with for your arm exercises.  I am right there with you.  Following for awesomeness and accountability.

Well, I'm also doing a PVP with others and we're doing the daily dare off Darebee and today's ended up being 400 overhead punches... I got tired after 150 so that will be something (might get weighted gloves for extra resistance). Pushups of course, kettlebell moves likely, other ideas are still forming.

2 hours ago, Trewest said:

I will be lurking in the corner a little bit, watching the show. And providing the occasional popcorn commentary :P

Well I'd hope do!! :P

• Like 4

You didn't think it was that easy to get rid of me did you? :P 

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

tumblr_n6rcywLmHt1ttqhydo1_500.gif

DAY ONE!!! Part Deux (AKA Really Day Two)

Alright, time for a proper update for the day! Let's see what we've done for today:

Steps: At this point sitting at 8800 and with the last trips to get ready for bed and get my last load of laundry I'll hit my 9k... barely (still counts!!) :encouragement:

C25K: Still indecisive on this one. Getting more snow-like precipitation around here but it's still a thought in my head to do anyhow (especially if the ideas of a NF Virtual 5K happens!!) :indecisiveness:

Strength Training: Between the 400 Overhead Punches for my PVP challenge plus a few sets of pushups for the Assassin Mini (Final Fantasy flavored) and I'm counting that as a win. :encouragement:

Core Work: Yeah.... not today. Tomorrow shall be another story. Haven't decided if I want to do both workouts the same day or alternate. I guess we'll just have to see how my body takes the punishment. :nonchalance:

Food: Nope, nothing today (remember, this is still subjective but it's nice to work on none the less) although I did look at different cuts of beef at work. It's better than getting too complacent with a certain protein. Though, I will ask for any suggestions about sides. Main foods are fine and I'll experiment with but sides will be nice to vary. I'll expound more on my changed to food thinking in a future post. :nonchalance:

Community: Yeah you bet I did!!! Checked in with several of you and keeping up with the Mini and the PVP threads so all's well there!! :encouragement:

So, all in all it's a pretty good Day Two, the spark is officially burning. Not time to make sure there's enough kindling there to keep it burning and burning brightly!!! See you all tomorrow!!!

• Like 7

I think doing them on different days would work better for me. That Way I wouldn't miss both workouts if I missed a day.

• Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Sounds like you had a good couple of days! Rest days are important, so count it as a success! *throws twigs on your metaphorical fire* FAN THE FLAAAAAAAMMMESSS!

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.

13 hours ago, SnowOwl said:

Way to go, sounds like a great day! I sure hope "they" have a run!

If "they" don't get one together maybe getting a few of us to get things together then they support/sponsor it :)

8 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I think doing them on different days would work better for me. That Way I wouldn't miss both workouts if I missed a day.

Yeah, I think I'll keep them separate for now, at least till I feel super motivated to do more than one workout in a day :) which means I have to do some kind of core work today.

8 hours ago, PixieKitten said:

Sounds like you had a good couple of days! Rest days are important, so count it as a success! *throws twigs on your metaphorical fire* FAN THE FLAAAAAAAMMMESSS!

LOL thanks Pixie. I just have to keep the motivation up.

Like today, after work I'm really going to need to keep my aim on doing my core work. Must be done!!

• Like 3

Late to the party!  So glad you had a nice rest followed by and solid day 2!  I loooves me some Iron Man so I'm even more excited than usual for a Calibre challenge.

I was thinking something similar about the 5k. Why don't we just pick a weekend and do it?!  I could make certificates for everyone and we could even design a t-shirt for people that want to pay for one.  Guess, I should go post this in the other thread! :P

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

I want a t-shirt!
I have too many t-shirts.

But I want one!

Not that I could run a 5k. I can't run for 5 minutes!

As far as motivation goes, I like picking a theme, even if I don't mention it in the challnge itself, and watch a movie that feeds the theme. A couple have been Mulan for me. And Lilo and Stitch. Maybe Iron man marathons will inspire you to keep going?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie