Artemis Joins the Mandalorians (part 2)

Artemis

There's just some general frustration with university.  I'm not the best at making new friends since I tend to be one of those people who bonds really closely with a few friends and stays friends with them for forever (not even kidding, I'm still friends with people I've known since I was 5).  I also feel like I don't have that much in common with a lot of people here and that's frustrating.  So, while I enjoy the classes, I'm rapidly coming to dislike the whole experience.  It just feels kind of empty.  I had a blast while I was abroad having adventures and meeting new people, but I'm not having much fun back on main campus.  Bit lonely.  I'm normally a fairly happy person, however I've definitely been feeling a bit down over the last few months and it's getting worse.    This is probably part of the reason I really want my Mandalorian done; I want to meet people with similar interests who love doing similar things.  

Sometimes I feel the same way about my studies. Especially because my old friends now finished and I'm still stuck here. But don't let this stuff wear you down. It won't last forever and there will be better days again.

I really love how your helmet turned out. I'll try to make my own cosplay for September soon, when we're at SciencefictionCon in Speyer again.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

On 4/25/2016 at 9:49 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Sometimes I feel the same way about my studies. Especially because my old friends now finished and I'm still stuck here. But don't let this stuff wear you down. It won't last forever and there will be better days again.

I really love how your helmet turned out. I'll try to make my own cosplay for September soon, when we're at SciencefictionCon in Speyer again.

I know... it doesn't make it any easier though. Summer starts next weekend and it's just in time to save me from total self-destruction.  I really need a break from school.  There's one year left and I am beyond ready to graduate.

Thanks!  That's just the beginning of the paint job.  I'm still working on it, though the rain has made painting outside a rare occurrence.  Good luck with your cosplay!  What are you planning?

Also, I completely dropped off the map this challenge.  At a certain point I just said 'forget it' and stopped doing my workouts.  This challenge is just going to be written off and I'll reuse the theme for the upcoming challenge.

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

5 hours ago, Artemis said:

Thanks!  That's just the beginning of the paint job.  I'm still working on it, though the rain has made painting outside a rare occurrence.  Good luck with your cosplay!  What are you planning?

CX9fAGuVAAEvMdq.png 

I think it would be quite funny to have this for the next Science fiction Con. Just have to come up with a solution for the helmet. Any ideas?

• Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

On 5 May 2016 at 3:29 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Reveal hidden contents

CX9fAGuVAAEvMdq.png 

I think it would be quite funny to have this for the next Science fiction Con. Just have to come up with a solution for the helmet. Any ideas?

Are you thinking of building the complete costume? There are ways to build a helmet from scratch using templates, paper, and fiberglass. I've done this and it's very time consuming.  Depending on your size, you can also convert cheap plastic helmets by reinforcing the inside.  This tends to be a good option for shorter women.  Other than that, most people purchase their helmets from a prop maker, however this can be expensive.  Check out: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=forum if you're thinking of building one.  They have tons of really great information.

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs