Jedi's Wedding Dress Challenge- Part 1/12

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Multiple changes in meds always kick my butt until things settle down. I recall it taking a while.

Well done, Jedi. My personal rule of thumb is that if I don't feel like working out, that's probably when I should.

I was working with my GF yesterday on this. She's going to start with wall push-ups and then move to the coffee table. If yours aren't sturdy enough, I would check thrift stores or Craigslist for either a small weight bench or some stackable exercise steps. You can get these things pretty cheap, sometimes free.

Thanks! I've figured something out for the time being, but I might need something else later on. 

@TheGreyJedi-Ranger Do you have couches?  Those are usually pretty solid and cushy.  Maybe too cushy??  I amuse people by trying out different objects for impromptu pushups.  Everyone needs a hobby......

I ended up using my dresser, it's a lower one so it's more of a challenge than the wall!

So this week has gone well. I have done both of my runs for the week, I have one more strength workout to do tomorrow, and I've been tracking my food. My 30 mins of coding happens today too!

My body has managed to straighten itself out mostly, all the extra meds are starting to figure themselves out. I'm not exhausted anymore, and my stomach is handling life better. I've been slowly starting the Beginner Bodyweight Workout. I've done one round this week, and next week I'll start doing 2. Life has been pretty blessedly boring now that the semester is winding down. The plan for the weekend is to batch cook and write a paper. I'm making meatloaf muffin things for this week and next week's dinner, I'll be using either brown rice or Naan for my carb-side and my peas and carrots for my veggie-side. I'm finally going to start making bread again this week, and I have to replace my egg muffins (they died a terrible death in the fridge with my sandwich cheese). So that and my workout will be breaks in my paper-writing.

• Like 5

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge - To Be A Hero Vol 0.5: Jedi Endures

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51

Great progress on the bodyweight workouts!!  They are harder than they look, but a great progression from basic moves.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

This week has gotten off to a good start. I've been eating fairly well the past week or so, tracking everything. I got all of my workouts in last week, and I got this week's first workout in as well. Today was the first day of having 2 rounds of the BBWW and my body is wondering what on earth it did to offend me so badly. It's going to be so distressed when I start doing 3 rounds!

I'm starting to feel a lot less stressed about losing weight for my dress. I was super worried because it felt like I was incapable of losing weight for some reason. Turned out it was hormones and my body adjusting to more medicine. Now I'm managing quite well, and I feel great :) Especially with all of the warm weather that's decided to show up! 

Tomorrow is a quick run. Currently, I'm just trying to build up basic endurance so that I can run more and more of a specific distance. Once I've got the particular distance, in this case a .75mi circuit, I'll start the longer one until I can run a mile. I haven't been able to do that since early high school so I'd like to achieve it. This summer I'm going to do the C25K program until I can run an entire 5k without stopping. That way, I can spend next semester doing quick runs in the evenings to supplement my core training class (the gym class I got into).

• Like 5

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51

I haven't done the BBWW in a little while, but I know it can be a struggle. Keep at it and the progress will come eventually. Also one thing I learned is that sometimes, after hitting PRs, you'll find that the next few workouts might be tough, despite the success you just had. It's like your athleticism peaks and then has to recharge a bit before it can peak again.

I've never done any of the 5k programs out there, though my runs are loosely modeled after them. I might join you on that in the summer, it'd be good to challenge myself a little bit more that way.

• Like 2

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

afcff4e5aea40ff374be60dff01d64e4.jpg

• Like 4

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

This week has been fairly alright as far as this stuff is concerned. I didn't run yesterday either, I wasn't feeling well and I really needed to just take a bit of a break. I feel better today so I feel like taking a night off to relax was the right decision- I've had a lot of stress and other things going on and I've just in general been super lonely and bluesy the past week or so. It's the end of the semester, and I always try to structure things so that I've got the most free time at the end of the semester. Unfortunately, no one else has free time during this time of the semester, which makes things a little problematic when I'm lonely and really just wanna hang out with someone. 

Tonight is my sorority formal, which will be kinda fun. Tomorrow is my roommate's 21st birthday, which will be an adventure. Today also marks a year precisely until I get married. I've got 10lbs to lose in exactly a year, I can do this. My sorority is also doing a Zumba event on Sunday, which will replace one of my weekly runs if I make it. Tomorrow is 2 rounds of the BBWW again, Monday starts three o_o

Anyone have any suggestions for something small but workout friendly I can eat before the workout? I usually wait to eat after my workout, and I eat a turkey sausage link, a mini-quiche/egg-muffin thing, a slice of lightly buttered homemade wheat bread, and some applesauce. I'm getting exhausted in the middle of my workouts and I think my performance is suffering. This doesn't happen during my end-of-day runs, and I usually feel better after I manage to get my breakfast. Any thoughts? Anything in the above list sound like something I can nom before I work out?

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

This week has been fairly alright as far as this stuff is concerned. I didn't run yesterday either, I wasn't feeling well and I really needed to just take a bit of a break. I feel better today so I feel like taking a night off to relax was the right decision- I've had a lot of stress and other things going on and I've just in general been super lonely and bluesy the past week or so. It's the end of the semester, and I always try to structure things so that I've got the most free time at the end of the semester. Unfortunately, no one else has free time during this time of the semester, which makes things a little problematic when I'm lonely and really just wanna hang out with someone. 

Tonight is my sorority formal, which will be kinda fun. Tomorrow is my roommate's 21st birthday, which will be an adventure. Today also marks a year precisely until I get married. I've got 10lbs to lose in exactly a year, I can do this. My sorority is also doing a Zumba event on Sunday, which will replace one of my weekly runs if I make it. Tomorrow is 2 rounds of the BBWW again, Monday starts three o_o

Anyone have any suggestions for something small but workout friendly I can eat before the workout? I usually wait to eat after my workout, and I eat a turkey sausage link, a mini-quiche/egg-muffin thing, a slice of lightly buttered homemade wheat bread, and some applesauce. I'm getting exhausted in the middle of my workouts and I think my performance is suffering. This doesn't happen during my end-of-day runs, and I usually feel better after I manage to get my breakfast. Any thoughts? Anything in the above list sound like something I can nom before I work out?

I'm glad that the rest day proved to be the right decision. I feel ya on being lonely... I'm on campus nearly all day (don't have a car, so I'm reliant on parents giving me a ride) aaaand most of my friends are not, so I'm by myself a lot too. I'm sorry that you have to put up with it, it's not pleasant. Sounds like you have a few fun social things coming up though. :)

As to pre-workout food... would eating some egg muffins before you work out work for you? Cos they're small, and have lots of protein and such. I've been thinking about this very thing, so I'm not really sure. I'll have to look into it some more. I'll tell you what I find out!

• Like 1

I'm glad that the rest day proved to be the right decision. I feel ya on being lonely... I'm on campus nearly all day (don't have a car, so I'm reliant on parents giving me a ride) aaaand most of my friends are not, so I'm by myself a lot too. I'm sorry that you have to put up with it, it's not pleasant. Sounds like you have a few fun social things coming up though. :)

As to pre-workout food... would eating some egg muffins before you work out work for you? Cos they're small, and have lots of protein and such. I've been thinking about this very thing, so I'm not really sure. I'll have to look into it some more. I'll tell you what I find out!

We should chat off NF sometime, I always feel better when I can talk to someone who kinda gets it. I'm glad for the things I've got coming up, it'll be quite an adventure of a weekend this go round I believe. 

I think I might try that this coming up week, but I've also got a post in one of the food forums that asks this question as well if you wanna go see what people say. Hope we both get some answers!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

We should chat off NF sometime, I always feel better when I can talk to someone who kinda gets it. I'm glad for the things I've got coming up, it'll be quite an adventure of a weekend this go round I believe. 

I think I might try that this coming up week, but I've also got a post in one of the food forums that asks this question as well if you wanna go see what people say. Hope we both get some answers!

Yeah! I'll PM you so we can set something up :) 

That does sound like quite the exciting weekend. I hope you have a great time!

Well, after a quick google search, I found this article, and some of the pre-workout meals they list sound pretty good. The general consensus seems to be: small, with carbs and protein, 45-ish minutes before you actually work out.

• Like 1

Yeah! I'll PM you so we can set something up :) 

That does sound like quite the exciting weekend. I hope you have a great time!

Well, after a quick google search, I found this article, and some of the pre-workout meals they list sound pretty good. The general consensus seems to be: small, with carbs and protein, 45-ish minutes before you actually work out.

Ah! That sounds great! I might start eating a spoonful of peanut butter then, and maybe some fruit. Apple and peanut butter maybe??

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

YUMMM. Peanut butter is just the perfect food, basically. <3 I think I might go with bananas and peanut butter.... *drools*

I love the stuff. Banana and peanut butter sounds perfect!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Banana and peanut butter is pure magic.  The nectar of the gods or something, even.

Also, Shadri is a Dragon Ninja.  You could do far worse than pick up tips from her.  ;)

• Like 3

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Yes it is. Apple with almond butter is a close second though.

And almond milk with protein powder is good and easy to digest.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

Thanks all! The apple and peanut butter idea worked wonderfully for me this morning. Working out has gone well this weekend, though eating well was a bit iffy. Not bad, not great. I didn't get my 1/2 hour of coding in this week, but I'll do a full hour on Friday to make up for it. 

I have also found a previously undetected addiction to Zumba. I'm going to have some fun with that this summer, especially as a friend of mine is running the class I plan on attending if I can do so. And the bus takes me there, which is another bonus! This is helpful as it's an inexpensive gym run by the city, and I'm doing a drop in run on my friend's Tuesday class this week. I'll be able to see the gym and decide if I want to get a membership next month!

Today's food has been pretty good, but I'm going to be probably having an iffy dinner since I need to go to the CVS and buy bread, as well as a couple of other things. My bread let me down this week, it fell apart on me. To be fair, this is the first time in the past several months that I've ever had bread fall apart and stick. First time since I started making bread as a matter of fact, it was bound to happen sometime. It was probably that I didn't coat the pan well enough and added a little more flour than normal. 

Actually, I might go to the local Market for my bread and things. I'll probably be able to find more prices as well as a better variety than I would at the drugstore. And more healthy options- plus a nice delicious sandwich for dinner.

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Well... Life has gotten interesting. I'll start with my final summary of my fitness goals. I'll add my points and level tomorrow when the challenge is technically completely over.

Tracking Food- A- +2 STA +2 CON

I have tracked all. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I've managed to primarily maintain this month, it's been a hard month, but at least keeping my eye on what I'm eating has helped. I have no more access to the dining hall, so I can't sabotage myself for that anymore. I'm going to keep tracking through the next challenge and see if I can find a challenge goal to work on my problem areas with after I have a better idea of what I actually eat.

Strength Workouts- A  +2 STR +2 DEX

I have done my strength workouts pretty religiously. Today is the first and only skip day, and that is because I cannot muster up the mental and emotional energy to do so. I may do my final workout tonight, but I'm not positive. Either way, today is a pass thanks to what fresh hell I've been dealing with these past couple of days. I will go into more detail down below. But I will keep doing this workout as well, probably like I was doing this month with 3 of them per week. I've come a long way and this workout is very comprehensive and scaleable. 

Cardio Workouts- A +2 DEX +2 STA

Did this every single week. I was doing runs, but last week I was introduced to Zumba, which I LOVE and has a bit more of a strength element to it. I was planning on joining the gym that has the zumba this summer, but that plan may have been put on infinite hold. Either way, I will continue this when the May challenge starts in some way, whether it be running or Zumba-ing

Portfolio Work- C +1 CHA +.5 WIS

I missed two weeks of this. Week before last was a bit of a dumb reason, this week was a bit more understandable. I was going to make up for last week this week, but... well. Yeah. I'm also stuck in an error that I don't understand and I'm still trying to figure things out. 

So yeah, I was not given a contract from my internship this summer. I have no idea what I am going to do for money, and I'm super lost at this point in my life. I thought I had it all planned out, and things just. keep. going. wrong. I'm lonely and sad all the time and I'm so lost. I've got some semblance of a game plan, but I feel the exact opposite of prepared for this. I'm trying to figure out my resume and my life plans and I really am just... I'm overwhelmed. All I can say is that I haven't done the overeating thing that I usually do. So that's the main positive.

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Thanks guys, I'm still hanging in there.

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

*HUGS*   

Brainstorm all of the crazy ideas you can for making money or making ends meet.  Even if they seem totally crazy.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....