• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiroro

Hiroro Accelerates FTW

tumblr_inline_o057mmnfnW1sr0pfl_500.gif

<3 Rey

Day 2-3 (Accidentally labeled Tuesday as 2-3. It is 2-2.)

Goal #1 - Training 2/2 - 5.6mi ruck. Reeeeeeally wasn't feeling into it after a headache made me useless all afternoon. But by the time I got going it had faded. Huh.

Goal #2 - Eating 3/3 - Basically Day 31 of the W30. Just didn't bother with chocolate, or rice. Dinner was crispy baked wings, roasted broccoli with bacon (still working through the sugar-free stash), and roasted potatoes. Lovely. Bf was sooooo happy with it, and after he finished his plate I caught him STANDING AT THE COUNTER EATING MORE BROCCOLI. That's the power of bacon, folks.

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - No progress, will be looking to do a ride this weekend.

Bonus A - Social - Posting regularly is never a problem at the beginning of a challenge. Gym date scheduled for Thursday. Mini-challenge update: NO SPEND WEEK. Not counting charitable donations.

Bonus B - Free time - 1/2 books read. 0/2 crocheting sessions this week so far.

Bonus C - Step Queen - It's on!

02-chloe-bruce.gif

Aaaand her stunt double. What.

tumblr_mw5p5mWd9G1su6zr6o2_400.gif

Day 2-4

Goal #1 - Training 3/3 - Stronglifts, Biked 35min, Ran 40 min. The run went way better than Tuesday, I ground out 30 consecutive minutes of running. Compression socks I was wearing may have done the trick.

Goal #2 - Eating 4/4 - Basically Day 32 of the Whole 30. But today is free popcorn day at work, so it's likely I'll have popcorn, or cookies tonight at home, or both.

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - I may have to change this goal. When I set it I didn't realize that it would conflict with the need to ramp up running because I HAVE TO RUN 6.8 MILES IN TWO WEEKS UH OH.

Bonus A - Social - Posting, check.. Gym date yesterday missed, she got stuck in traffic. Mini-challenge update: NO SPEND WEEK. Not counting charitable donations.

Bonus B - Free time - 1/2 books read. 1/2 crocheting sessions this week so far. I got bf to unwind yarn for me while we watched Ghostbusters last night. But then I got tired and wanted to finish but he kept unwinding so I felt like I had to keep going...getting closer to being done with this baby blanket. Probably finish in the next month, which is good because I have more projects queued up.

Bonus C - Step Queen - It's on!

fBL3gKU.gif

agent%20may_zpsqq2qvmgr.gif

Day 2-5, 6, 7

Goal #1 - Training 4/5 - Didn't work out on Friday. Ran on Saturday but procrastinated, so it was a struggle in the (relative) heat. I think I need to scrap the training plan for the next two weeks and just focus on running to prep for the marathon relay.

Goal #2 - Eating 5/7 - I ate and drank all the things over the weekend. But I don't terribly regret it, I can feel my body craving healthy food which is nice. Getting back to protein and veggies. Stayed up too late reading, had trouble sleeping, drank coffee this morning. Bloated from weekend eating, but otherwise fine (some people describe extreme reactions to gluten/alcohol/etc after a W30, but I feel ok).

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - Going to have to revise this. Running only for the next two weeks to get the best quality out of my runs.

Bonus A - Social - Posting, check. Had a friend over for dinner last night. Mini-challenge (complete): NO SPEND WEEK. Not counting charitable donations.

Bonus B - Free time - 1/2 books read. 2/2 crocheting sessions last week. Loaded the Goodwill goods in the car.

Bonus C - Step Queen - Won this past weekend with an active Saturday and lazy Sunday.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28392-1369078200-7.

The no spend week helped me from going too crazy with food/drink over the weekend because I was limited by what was in the house (except at the party I went to). I'd like to keep trying to minimize grocery spend going forward, which goes with eating clean because I won't buy random carbs and junk food at the store. Having the bf away for a few days is making me less motivated to eat healthy, because I put in more effort to build a real dinner (and lunches) for the both of us vs. just me.

• Like 1

Hjcxy.gif

Week 2 Wrapup

Goal #1: Follow Training Plan

4/5 for the week, and I'm happy with that. Need to adjust my training for a running focus next two weeks.

Goal #2: Complete the Whole 30, Find Balance

Whole 30 is done. I went a little nuts over the weekend, but feel confident that I'll be more moderate going forward.

Goal #3: Start bike commuting to work

No progress. Need to find a replacement goal because right now running > biking :/

Bonus Goal A: Be a social creature

• See friend(s) at least 1x/week. CHECK
  • Post here daily (mine + 1 other thread minimum). CHECK - I'm counting keeping up, plus posting elsewhere 7x/wk
  • Participate in Ranger mini-challenge CHECK - no spend week complete

Bonus Goal B: Don't be a slug

Need to read more to keep up with this one. Started the First Law trilogy, having a hard time getting into it. 

• Finish 2+ books 1 COMPLETE
  • Work on baby blanket 2x/week CHECK
  • Finish purging/organizing boxes ALLLLMOST
  • Take excess things to Goodwill/Salvation Army/electronics recycling/thrift store LOADED THE CAR

Bonus Goal C: Be the Step Queen

VICTORY!

Excited about the success of no spend week. I did donate to charity, and opted not to count that (while it is cash flow out, I donate sporadically and am not buying 'stuff'). It did delay small planned purchases to Monday (gas, groceries, yarn, wine). This month is looking great financially between this low-spend week and 3 paycheck month. I also had the pros do my taxes and it was SO WORTH IT because instead of owing per Turbotax I should get back over $1000 between fed and state (TAX LAW = BLACK MAGIC?).

• Like 1

anigif_enhanced-9959-1396908778-5.gif

Not on theme. Don't care...too cute!

Week 3 Training Plan

Mon - off

Tues - RUN

Wed - SWIM

Thurs - RUN

Fri - SWIM

Sat - RUN

Sun - off

Need to fit another swim in there for the mini-challenge. I've simplified way down to see if that helps me get in better runs this week. It's hard for my rangerbrain, but probably better for my running legs.

• Like 1

160418123836-boston-marathon-winners-201

Day 3-1, 2

Goal #1 - Training 0/5 - Skipped my run yesterday :( but I'm geared up for a run/swim today.

Goal #2 - Eating 1/2 - Too much wine on Monday...but my regret is tempered by the fact that I can be very productive while tipsy -- I cleaned my kitchen/bathroom and they look great now.

Goal #3 - Bike commuting/Meditation - Trying to pick the daily meditation habit back up again.

Bonus A - Social - Been slacking on keeping up with other people's threads. Making up for it today. Have dinner with friends planned for Friday.

Bonus B - Free time - 4/2 books read. 1/2 crocheting sessions last week. FINALLY dropped the stuff off at Goodwill. 

Bonus C - Step Queen - Reigning Step Queen.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Haha I hate it when one of your goals is at the expense of another.. One of the inherent risks of ranger brain!

The Step Queen title is in serious jeopardy - competition is going to be FIERCE this weekend!

• Like 1

How did I get so behind on updates? Don't even know.

tumblr_ndhppazWXT1qgqr0ho3_500.gif

Week 3 Wrapup

Goal #1 - Training 4/5 - Swim 2x, Run 2x (One run was a weak, weak attempt but I'm counting it anyways)

Goal #2 - Eating 5/7 - Still figuring out this 'moderation' deal.

Goal #3 - Bike commuting/Meditation - Trying to pick the daily meditation habit back up again. -- no progress :apologetic:

Bonus A - Social 1/2- How did I get so behind on threads? Hosted impromptu dinner Thursday, then went to a baseball game with friends. Met friends for dinner Saturday. Realized I failed to add myself to the mini-challenge spreadsheet lol...so I'll just not count it.

Bonus B - Free time - 4/2 books read. 1/2 crocheting sessions. I'm going to call the purging done, though already planning another round.

Bonus C - Step Queen - Lost this weekend, it was a good fight though!

3.gif

Since I finished the W30 I've been floundering a bit...and my weight bounced right back up *sigh* I've considered trying a 'cheat day' format, or limiting quantities to specific amounts (i.e. 1 glass wine/day, etc). I discovered that even though I get frustrated at the limitations of cooking for bf (since he is picky), having him around motivates me to make real meals. Current approach is to meal plan 90% paleo, with prep on weekend. I'd be ok with a glass of wine OR small dessert/post-dinner snack daily, as long as weekend eating looks similar to weekdays.

Sunday I made:

• 2lb ground pork/sausage with cut green beans
  • roast carrots
  • sweet potato/apple/sausage breakfast bake (egg-free, since I suspect eggs are a stomach culprit)
  • artichoke dip (mayo+parm+artichokes, to use up homemade mayo. to be eaten with GF crackers)
  • cut peppers
  • cut cantaloupe
  • caprese salad (found buffalo mozza at the store, which is apparently lactose-free!)
  • fried ham
  • 2lb taco meat

Along with, for dinner with leftovers:

• roasted broccoli with bacon
  • mashed potatoes
  • grilled sausages

Bf did the sausages, and helped out with the rest. Plus dishwashing! I appreciated his efforts very very very much. The worst thing about all the cooking is having to face the dishes afterwards.

It's leaning more primal than paleo *shrug* I meant to also do a pork roast but got tired/ran out of time. I'll hopefully get it done while I do wings for dinner tonight.

This made me smile: http://theberry.com/2016/04/19/this-lemur-hilariously-demands-back-scratches/

• Like 1

That's one demanding lemur!!

The moderation idea of a glass of wine or a dessert makes good sense. I'm pretty sure I eat less when I have a little wine because it feels like a treat to me.

I really found moderation hard after a whole 30... You wouldn't think 100% percent compliance would be easier than 90 or even 80%, but there's something about the all or nothing approach that makes it easier!

I'm still trying to find that balance... But I'm leaning towards aiming for 100% (not like 100% whole 30, just 100% of my eating goals) and then being okay when it comes in at 80%. Because if I plan for 80%, I'm lucky to hit 60.

Aaand blabbing on about things in YOUR thread has kind of clarified things for me since I was thinking along those lines but never laid it outhaha so thanks for the forum!

I feel like we're just sort of jostling each other while we both try to sit on the step throne at the same time (treadmill throne? Or maybe it's like the game of thrones throne, but like with sneakers?)

Maybe this weekend will earn one of us a more decisive victory!

Still here, still chugging along. Light on the workouts this week (Monday soccer left me sore!), not wanting to risk the marathon relay on Sunday.

On 4/26/2016 at 8:43 PM, Xena said:

That's one demanding lemur!!

The moderation idea of a glass of wine or a dessert makes good sense. I'm pretty sure I eat less when I have a little wine because it feels like a treat to me.

Ha perhaps moderation comes more naturally to you than to me.

On 4/26/2016 at 9:39 PM, Fonzico said:

I really found moderation hard after a whole 30... You wouldn't think 100% percent compliance would be easier than 90 or even 80%, but there's something about the all or nothing approach that makes it easier!

I'm still trying to find that balance... But I'm leaning towards aiming for 100% (not like 100% whole 30, just 100% of my eating goals) and then being okay when it comes in at 80%. Because if I plan for 80%, I'm lucky to hit 60.

Aaand blabbing on about things in YOUR thread has kind of clarified things for me since I was thinking along those lines but never laid it outemoji14.pnghaha so thanks for the forum!

I feel like we're just sort of jostling each other while we both try to sit on the step throne at the same time (treadmill throne? Or maybe it's like the game of thrones throne, but like with sneakers?)

Maybe this weekend will earn one of us a more decisive victory!

Yay I'm so glad you're working things out. Lol sneaker throne...

• Like 1

Is it just me or is every update covering more days? Hehe...

agent_may1.gif

Day 4-1, 2, 3, 4

Goal #1 - Training 4/4 -  Soccer Monday, weights Tuesday, walk Wednesday, super-short run Thursday (bonus points to me for waking up early!). Going to take today/tomorrow off or just walk, since Saturday is MARATHON DAY! I will be doing the first 6.8 (hilly, hilly, hilly) miles of the Flying Pig.

Goal #2 - Eating 2/4 - I haven't gone nuts this week, but the indulgences add up. Thankfully I've been able to cool it on the wine. Next week bf is cooking...and he has already warned me that I will miss vegetables by the end of the week O_O so I may have to supply my own.

Goal #3 - Bike commuting/Meditation - Meditated/prayed this morning. And then got back in bed before starting the day.

Bonus A - Social - Been slacking on keeping up with other people's threads. Getting in my people time, joined a soccer team.

Bonus B - Free time - 4/2 books read. 0/2 crocheting sessions so far. Done with the purge this round.

Bonus C - Step Queen - Ready to conquer this weekend!

In the week or so after going off the W30 I rebounded hard, and gained back 4lb *sigh* for only like a net 3lb loss. I find that my some working out, moderate eating leads to maintenance...which is better than gaining but still frustrating. I keep thinking that I may have to Whole-as many days as it takes to reach my weight goal, but that freaks the heck out of me. There has to be a way to mostly eat healthy but not trying to be perfect that lets me make progress...

• Like 1

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!

I think I would face whole boyfriend-cooking-week with a big bag of greens. Salad goes with everything.

Ick I totally fell down on the updates part of this challenge *sigh*

On 4/29/2016 at 9:53 AM, Fonzico said:

Is the relay race this weekend?

IT WAS! It was Sunday and it went awesome! (In my excitement it took me three tries to spell awesome. yikes.)

On 4/30/2016 at 7:27 PM, Xena said:

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!

I think I would face whole boyfriend-cooking-week with a big bag of greens. Salad goes with everything.

Must have gotten your good luck vibes because I ran extra fast ;)

Sunday I ran the 4th (last) leg of the Flying Pig Marathon. It was a distance I hadn't run in....a long time. Maybe even since I did my half marathon in 2012 (that seems like it can't possibly be right...). In training I never got over 6 miles, and have been struggling. I think this says it all:

Distance: 6.5mi

Average training pace: 11-12min/mi

Race pace: 9:44 min/mi (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Afterwards we had yummy yummy BBQ.

Put the picture in a spoiler because I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT SMALLER:

Spoiler

13076877_10153706663454220_1716876194331

Scruffy bf above, me in blue hat, mom and dad.

• Like 3

Challenge Wrap-up

Goal #1 - Training Plan - completed

Goal #2 - Whole 30 - completed

Goal #3 - Bike commuting/Meditation - failed

Bonus A - Social - 80%

Bonus B - Free time - 80%

Bonus C - Step Queen - 75%

Having formatting issues. Happy with my training plan results because the marathon relay went great. Now it's time to focus on the June triathlon (eeeeek it's a month away). I did adjust the training plan as I went, to a running focus, but now I need to add the biking/lifting back in. Finished the Whole 30 and stumbled on my post-W30 moderation, but I'm finding a better balance. Unfortunately it seems like 'some exercise' + 'moderate eating' = weight maintenance instead of loss. So I'll have to tighten up in both areas to make more progress. Totally dropped the third goal, want to work on the meditation next challenge but hold off on the bike commuting because it interfered with my training plan. Spending more time with friends lately, leading to more joyfulness, all good. Baby blanket is not done but I've been reading up a storm (still have a 17 book library backlog though...). Forgot to do the step challenge last weekend, but had fun with it the first three.

Despite falling off the boards as usual towards the end of the challenge, I actually felt like I executed better than I have in ages. Time to set up the next round!

• Like 1