• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiroro

Hiroro Accelerates FTW

2 minutes ago, Hiroro said:

I actually woke up enough to realize it was a dream, and I remember thinking 'no go back to sleep so I can eat more dream-chocolate!' 

Hahah this is great.

In reference to the wine - I would only caution you on adding it back in first because I have found that the cleaner I eat the more alcohol makes me feel like total sh*t.  So coming off a whole 30 reintroducing alcohol of any kind right away might totally knock you on your butt - and not necessarily in even a drunk way just in a your-body-hates-you kind of way.

12 hours ago, Raxie said:

In reference to the wine - I would only caution you on adding it back in first because I have found that the cleaner I eat the more alcohol makes me feel like total sh*t.  So coming off a whole 30 reintroducing alcohol of any kind right away might totally knock you on your butt - and not necessarily in even a drunk way just in a your-body-hates-you kind of way.

Agh yeah I'm afraid of that. *sigh* I'll just let things take their already-planned course and reintroduce alcohol on Friday anyways. My work team is doing a brewery tour. Saturday there is a social event that will likely also involve drinking, so I don't need a head start on the weekend. Back to rice, which I love and am pretty sure is fine for my system (though nutritionally lacking).

• Like 1

tumblr_nlewlaDtvT1tk22j8o1_500.gif

Day 1-3

Goal #1 - Training 2/2 - Hill run, 3.38mi in 39min. Then did Stronglifts -- I'm starting over so it's just the bar.

Goal #2 - Eating 3/3 - Day 24 of the W30 complete. For dinner I made meatza for the first time (with cheese and pepperoni for bf). Instead of using her tomato sauce, I mixed tomato paste with a few spices and the rest of the pesto. Broccoli on top. Solid. Made double so we have two left over. Tomorrow is leftover day, no cooking yay!

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - No progress. As I ran up the hills today I thought about how my legs would be stronger for biking.

Bonus A - Social - Posting regularly is never a problem at the beginning of a challenge. Gym date set for Thursday. Hill workouts for mini challenge 1/2 complete.

Bonus B - Free time - Hit my blanket work quota for the week.

Bonus C - Step Queen - This is a weekend activity

0042870ce57db71673b1cd19684491b6.gif

I don't really have anything important to say, but I'm gonna ramble a bit to accompany these cats being scared by produce. The first one looks fake but there's lots more on the internets, so I assume this is a real phenomenon.

RpCohdc.gif

Even though I love to cook, the frequency of cooking on the W30 is starting to wear me down. I'm working on a weekly meal plan where we eat the same things every week on certain days, or a variation. I could do taco bowls and meatza every week for a while. Also incorporating a couple grilling days for after bf fixes the grill. 

DL2q8V5.gif

I'm flirting with the idea of giving up coffee since my energy level has been so great lately but my sleep quality has not. It's more the habit and the taste that I enjoy, I bring a full tumbler from home with a bit of coconut milk because it's delicious. There is free coffee at work and occasionally I'll go for a second cup but it's not as good as my coffee. Would like to try to replace the coffee with tea, I think I get dehydrated because I drink the coffee all morning and only get in a couple (large) mugs of tea in the afternoon. Maybe I could transition to green tea in the morning and herbal in the afternoon to get all that caffeine out of my system. It's sorta surprising that I'm not sleeping like a rock with all the healthy eating, no alcohol, working out. I'll implement this experiment...when the bag of really good coffee runs out, ha. In a week or so.

Xxt6rx85R0mfoELj089F_Banana%20Cat.gif

I find myself impatient to fit into size 8 pants again, right now they're way too tight around my hips/waist. I'll try them on again at the end of the challenge...when I also post pics, eek. I dug up bikini pictures from the beginning of November for comparison. I'm still bloating over the course of the day, could be the FODMAPS but aside from being burp-y it doesn't bother me much.

6 more days on the Whole 30!

• Like 2

Congrats on being within spitting distance of finishing the whole30!

How are you feeling about your marathon training? I missed a couple weeks early in March (sick), but I'm getting back into it. Don't think I'll be able to make my time goal, but still happy that I've been training as hard as I can manage.

One other thought about the shared chore thing. Does he do other chores that might be less frequent or seasonal? Not to jump to gender stereotypes, but things like mowing the lawn or changing the oil in the car. I think there's a mental thing where some people have a harder time taking on "maintenance" chores ...they get frustrated by jobs like making the bed or vacuuming because they just get messed up or dirty again. Some people do better with projects, like refinishing some furniture, re-caulking the bathtub, painting a room...whatever. Not saying that he should get a free pass on chores, just wondering if there might be other things to negotiate in.

FWIW I semi-recently switched to caffeinated tea in the AM and decaf in the afternoon from coffee and I have noticed a huge improvement in sleep.  No caffeine after noon really made a difference for me.  Also tea is nicer to my belly than coffee :]

• Like 1

On 4/7/2016 at 9:42 PM, Xena said:

Congrats on being within spitting distance of finishing the whole30!

How are you feeling about your marathon training? I missed a couple weeks early in March (sick), but I'm getting back into it. Don't think I'll be able to make my time goal, but still happy that I've been training as hard as I can manage.

One other thought about the shared chore thing. Does he do other chores that might be less frequent or seasonal? Not to jump to gender stereotypes, but things like mowing the lawn or changing the oil in the car. I think there's a mental thing where some people have a harder time taking on "maintenance" chores ...they get frustrated by jobs like making the bed or vacuuming because they just get messed up or dirty again. Some people do better with projects, like refinishing some furniture, re-caulking the bathtub, painting a room...whatever. Not saying that he should get a free pass on chores, just wondering if there might be other things to negotiate in.

Thanks! So close I can taste (all the things I'm not eating now which I should definitely not add back at once). So I'm marathon RELAY training lol which is 1/4 distance...basically at 10k. I'm apprehensive because I just now started hill training, and I've been running some but not 3x/week which would be optimal. Since I'm the first relay leg (and there are HILLS), I'm just hoping to make a 12 min/mi pace and not let down the team. Maybe gonna check out the route this weekend.

21 hours ago, Raxie said:

FWIW I semi-recently switched to caffeinated tea in the AM and decaf in the afternoon from coffee and I have noticed a huge improvement in sleep.  No caffeine after noon really made a difference for me.  Also tea is nicer to my belly than coffee :]

Thanks Raxie! Good to know that it's helped somebody else...no more daily coffee starting Monday!

15 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

no more coffee??? you rule! :)

Thanks, we'll see if it helps with my sleep-time but I'll probably do a cup once in a while if I go out to brunch or something. It's the regular habit that I want to drop.

14 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Your Whole 30s still blow my mind.

*blushes* well everything you do blows MY mind. can't....keep...up....

• Like 2

tumblr_nq09mf8f5A1thj0xmo1_500.gif

Day 1-4

Goal #1 - Training 3/3 - 60 min bike - took it easy on the indoor bike while chatting with a friend. Nbd not going all out because my legs are feeling the compounded days of training.

Goal #2 - Eating 3/3 - Day 25 of the W30 complete. No cooking today! Plenty of leftovers.

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - No progress, will be looking to do a ride this weekend.

Bonus A - Social - Posting regularly is never a problem at the beginning of a challenge. Gym date complete. Hill workouts for mini challenge 1/2 complete.

Bonus B - Free time - Hit my baby blanket work quota for the weekAdding Goodwill trip to weekend to-do list. Just got the yarn for my next project, hooray! But bf says the yellow is maybe wrong (I'm trying to match Michigan State and University of Michigan colors, not having attended either. WTF is the difference between 'maize' and 'gold' and 'yellow'?)

Bonus C - Step Queen - This is a weekend activity, though since Fonzico is under the weather I may set my own goal...maybe 30k steps over the weekend.

eating-veggies.gif

I had ANOTHER food dream yesterday, a buffet with all sorts of delicious Japanese dishes at varying levels of non-compliance. Seems like I had them near the beginning of the W30 as my brain tried to convince me to go back to eating those things. And now that I'm near the end my brain is like HOW ABOUT NOW??? The dream befuddled me enough that I woke up this (Friday) morning thinking it was Saturday.

• Like 1

I'm finding myself getting impatient. Impatient with my progress, both fitness and financial. As pleased as I am to see my stomach getting flatter, I get flustered over STILL not fitting those size 8 jeans. The good thing is that in both of these areas, I've implemented habits that I expect to pay off over time. I think the driver for my impatience is being a bit envious of other people's success...friends/coworkers who've lost weight, bloggers who have reached financial independence. It's a challenge to keep in mind that they worked for those gains(or losses), put in the work.  I'm typically very patient (see: crocheting blankets), but my goals just seem far and my progress slow.

Have to focus on the mini-goals, like completing the Whole 30. And celebrating reaching those goals.

• Like 1

Marathon relay is awesome! Don't let yourself get into that "letting the team down" mindset (I do the same thing). They are your friends, they want you on the team, and I'm guessing they aren't looking to set any records. It's great that you have the first leg, the rest of it can be a like a road trip party!

• Like 1

tumblr_n6gzf8OOM01rvmgczo1_400.gif

Day 1-5, 6, 7

Goal #1 - Training 6/6 - Stronglifts Friday, Bike Saturday (it was cold and windy out), Row/Run Sunday. CHECK CHECK CHECK

Goal #2 - Eating 7/7 - TWO DAYS LEFT on the Whole 30. Plotting my reintroduction. Trying to stay calm. Cutting out coffee this week O_O

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - No progress.

Bonus A - Social - Posting regularly is never a problem at the beginning of a challenge. Gym date complete. Hill workouts for mini challenge 2/2 complete.

Bonus B - Free time - Hit my baby blanket work quota for the weekDidn't get the Goodwill trip done.

Bonus C - Step Queen - On hold.

tumblr_nvuhky16O91rc7zl1o3_400.gif

Week 1 Wrapup

tumblr_nwwtomG0sP1urorhno1_400.gif

Not even keeping up with SHIELD anymore, but still obsessed with Agent May.

Goal #1: Follow Training Plan

DONE. 6/6 for the week yayyyyy! It's been...a long time since I worked out 6x/week. Followed the plan, they weren't all high-quality workouts but I got 'em done.

Goal #2: Complete the Whole 30, Find Balance

TWO DAYS LEFT. The cheating dreams are plaguing me. This week's plan is to have rice on Wednesday (1st day off). Friday was going to be beer due to work event, but that got postponed. I'll likely have alcohol at a Saturday social event. But for the most part I'm enjoying cooking/eating paleo so my main meals (cooked at home) will stay clean.

Goal #3: Start bike commuting to work

No progress. I'm worried that the emphasis on biking may interfere with trying to ramp up my runs for the marathon relay next month.

Bonus Goal A: Be a social creature

• See friend(s) at least 1x/week. CHECK
  • Post here daily (mine + 1 other thread minimum). CHECK
  • Participate in Ranger mini-challenge CHECK - got my two hill workouts in this week for Targaryen

Bonus Goal B: Don't be a slug

Need to read more to keep up with this one. Started the First Law trilogy, having a hard time getting into it. 

• Finish 2+ books
  • Work on baby blanket 2x/week CHECK
  • Finish purging/organizing boxes
  • Take excess things to Goodwill/Salvation Army/electronics recycling/thrift store

Bonus Goal C: Be the Step Queen

On hold for opponent recovery.

tumblr_mqr7dvUn0c1s199fdo1_400.gif

Week 2 Training Plan

Mon - off

Tues - Stronglifts, 45min bike, 30min run

Wed - 45min row

Thurs - Stronglifts, 45min bike, 30min run

Fri - 45min row

Sat - Stronglifts, 75min bike, 20min run (may make this ~60min run)

Sun - off

My plan starting point is the free training plan provided by the canoe-run-bike triathlon. The original plan has strength Wed/Fri but according to Stronglifts I'm supposed to give my legs a day off so...insert rowing. The Tues/Thurs/Sat workouts stack up to a lot of time. Saturday looks like it's supposed to be nice out so I'd like to make the bike outside. It would be great to get in a longer weekend run but...yikes. I'll make the call Friday night based on how my legs feel.

Oh and I lost a couple more pounds, down to 144.2 this morning.

Wow! You are killing it! Really strong and consistent on the exercise. Plus I love the cat and leek picture. I think my cat would be into that. Must experiment.

• Like 1

Wow! You are killing it! Really strong and consistent on the exercise. Plus I love the cat and leek picture. I think my cat would be into that. Must experiment.

Thanks Xena! If you try that on your cat you must post a picture! Ha I have no pets so have to admire the cuteness from afar.

womens-team-poster

Watched the US Women's team play Colombia on Friday.

Day 2-1

Goal #1: Follow Training Plan

Off day, yay!

Goal #2: Complete the Whole 30, Find Balance

Today (Tuesday) is the LAST DAY. Monday was a struggle, first day without coffee. No coffee + rainy day = must nap. But I slept really well, so maybe just need to go to bed earlier. I felt less wired.

Goal #3: Start bike commuting to work

No progress.

Bonus Goal A: Be a social creature

Workin on it. My mini-challenge goals for the week are maxing out my Roth IRA (done yesterday) and $100/2 people grocery budget. Since I already did my shopping for the week on the weekend, might have to update/edit this.

Bonus Goal B: Don't be a slug

Need to read more to keep up with this one. Must. Go. To. Goodwill.

Bonus Goal C: Be the Step Queen

On hold for opponent recovery.

Just realized one of the books I'm reading is due in two days...can't renew because someone else has it on hold. Guess I know how I'll be spending the next two evenings (post-workout, of course)!

• Like 1

I'm BACK! Well, mostly. Enough that the step challenge is TOTALLY on for this weekend!

Congrats on finishing your Whole30!

I totally know what you are going through with the impatience at the progress. My weight loss is NEVER even remotely in the realm of being a little bit linear, it's the exact same weight for a week or two or three on end, and then a whoosh of loss... and still, every single time I get so frustrated with the lack of tangible progress. Makes it really hard to keep on long enough to actually get anywhere :P

But you and I both KNOW better. It'll come. 

aziz1.gif

• Like 1

I'm BACK! Well, mostly. Enough that the step challenge is TOTALLY on for this weekend!

Yayyyyyy! I'm possibly disproportionally psyched about this. 

Read-ohalic level master is when you can workout and read at the same time... ;)

Hahaha well I've read on the bike, but find that I don't work as hard when I do. So it's good for 'easy' days. I also occasionally read while I walk, but can't be very focused (nonfiction) because of street crossings. Also, when I read while walking I hear small voices in my head (my parents', of course) saying it's not safe.

• Like 1

Yayyyyyy! I'm possibly disproportionally psyched about this. 

Hahaha well I've read on the bike, but find that I don't work as hard when I do. So it's good for 'easy' days. I also occasionally read while I walk, but can't be very focused (nonfiction) because of street crossings. Also, when I read while walking I hear small voices in my head (my parents', of course) saying it's not safe.

Yes, it is not always the best choice, I just can't always help myself :P 

erh1cy.jpg

Eliot's my favorite.

tumblr_inline_mnvryzdlVl1qz4rgp.gif

Or maybe Parker...

Day 2-3

Goal #1 - Training 1/1 - Stronglifts, CHECK. Bike, CHECK. Run, CHECK. I swapped the bike/run times because I realized the marathon relay is terribly soon. Struggled through the run even though it was on an indoor track...walked a lot. Hoping it's because I did it last and was running out of fuel at that point. Ate an apple and almonds before the WO, but got super bloated during the run. Today I think I'm going to change my planned rowing to rucking so I can run errands.

Goal #2 - Eating 3/3 - Whole 30 Complete!!!!!!!!!! But I think my Day 31 might actually be fully compliant, since I'll probably make wings for dinner which don't really call for rice. I've been counting down, but now that it's over I'm not in a rush to add things back. Maybe I'll have a chocolate after dinner?

Goal #3 - Bike commuting - No progress, will be looking to do a ride this weekend.

Bonus A - Social - Posting regularly is never a problem at the beginning of a challenge. Gym date scheduled for Thursday. Mini-challenge update: NO SPEND WEEK. Not counting charitable donations.

Bonus B - Free time - Finished reading Deep Work last night! Pretty much all I did between dinner and bed. Oh, and I cut my hair.

Bonus C - Step Queen - It's on!

cIBjPLs.gif

• Like 1