So what is this about you might ask? Well, I'll tell you! Just take a seat, this could take a while....

It all started back about 10 years ago. I was in high school and just getting to figuring out who the hell I was. I met this really cute guy and got infatuated. I even invited him to go to prom with me but he declined, said he wasn't interested in going. I was sad but not heartbroken and found another dude to go with. And oh boy...was that ever a disaster!

Fast forward a few years and I meat this boy again but now via my boyfriend. He is funny and sweet and nerdy, just like me. And I liked him. A lot. But since I had a guy already and was happy (not really, I just told myself this...idiot teenager...) I never thought more about it. Instead things changed and me and this guy started hanging out like friends and that was just fine. Until one night when he was drunk and it slipped out, when we were alone, that he had liked me since high school and regretted so badly turning me down for prom. I had no idea what todo with the information and it just got stored away in the back of my mind. 

So I moved away for college and he got a job, life went on. My relationships started and ended like bad sitcoms all of them, one worse then the other, and this guy stayed with me. He became my closest friend and confidant and I told him everything. I even felt a few times that if he ever was single I would snatch him up. But he never was. When he had a girl I was single and vice versa. So time went on. 

And then I got engaged. To a dutch guy. And was planning on moving from Sweden. And me and my friend were hanging out a lot that last summer, because I realised that I would miss him the most of all the people I had in my life. And then, one night, something just came over me. We were sitting outside in the Swedish summer night, meaning it was still a soft light out at 2 am and the wind was warm, and I just felt like something changed. I looked at him and all of a sudden his lips were on mine. One kiss. That was all. Nothing more ever happened and I know I should have been beating myself up over it since I was engaged but....I just couldn't. I was just blown away. And all those feeling came rushing back in. But yes....I was engaged....and I was moving the week after. I remember thinking "WTF dude!? NOW?! REALLY!?!?!?!" but I didn't say anything. 

And I left. I packed up my life and moved. And after 2 weeks I regretted it. I had the feeling in my gut that neither the guy or the country was right for me. He was mean, stupidly cheap and nothing I wanted to do was worth the money. We couldn't go to Amsterdam because that was expensive but he could have a scooter, a car and really expensive hobbies. I felt like shit and I was reduced to a nervous wreck. And after a year I gave up and moved back. I don't regret going but I do regret not listening to my gut feeling sooner. That was the time I finally learned to listen to my intuition. And it has payed of since then. 

So I moved home. And me and my friend started hanging out again. And something had changed. Something huge. Like....the planets hade changed path and the sun was just....so much brighter. And I realised that it was this guy I wanted to be with. So I did what any sensible woman would do - I made him mine. It wasn't hard since he never had been able to forget me either. And that first year was so blissful it was almost irritating. 

Reality hit. We hit a really rough patch and after a lot of heartbreak and tears and anxiety we decided to move apart. When things had settled we started talking again and both of us realised that we missed each other. So we tried again. We started dating, took it really slow, kept living apart and just easing into it. Using the time we spent apart to figure out what we wanted individually and where we wanted to go in life. And it worked. About a year after we started dating we decided to move in for a trial period. He stayed with me for one month in my apartment and after that I stayed with him for a month. We managed to find someone that wanted to rent my apartment for a year when me and the guy tried living together again. This time we kept all the safety-measurements on. I kept the apartment so in case of chaos again I could move back and not have to go to my parents again as the last time. We started talking more, communicating more, letting each other in. It worked. <3 We found each other again, over 9000 times stronger this time, more grown up and knowing what we needed to do to make it work in the long run. 

And THIS brings me to the topic! We got a really nice offer for a fantastic house, it needed alot of TLC but it was too good to pass on, and we started talking about the future. Slowly it nestled its way into our conversations, things like how many kids we would like, would we get married in the spring or fall, what last name would we take? And it happened so naturally and didn't feel scary on bit. 

So now, this February I decided - I would propose. I was waiting for him to do it but then I thought - why should I? I wanted him as my husband and I'll be damned if I was just going to sit there like a damsel in distress and wait. F*CK THAT!  

200.gif

I had a plan! Neither of us are that kind of lovey-dovey old school romantics. For valentines one year I got Heart of the Swarm and we had a ton of fun. He got a 6-pack of MTG boosters. Yeah, that is how we roll. And that got me to the plan - I would design a MTG-card to propose! So I got to making and it turned out awesome, I'm very pleased with it.

Proposal.png

But come on, that would just be weird with one card, right? So I had a friend of mine help me make a whole playable deck with the theme "Rings". And I printed it out and made a proxy. And omg I was so nervous when I was sitting at the kitchen table cutting out the cards that he would figure out what it was. He just looked at the cards and said it looked weird and laughed. 

So when the second week of march comes around we go to Prague for a family trip and I'm so nervous I think I'm going to die. I had managed to buy us a pair of rings and smuggled them into my bag together with the deck without him noticing. We get to Prague eventually, went out for the evening and on the way back I feel like puking from the nerves. He thinks I had something bad to eat so we go up to the room and he asked if I wanted to sleep. Ok, now or never! 

I say I want to play a bit first and that was of course ok. (Side track, but it was me that got him into the whole MTG-scene about 2 years ago) So we sit down and play. using the bed as a table. And I feel my hands sweating more and more. And then I get it. The card! 

glittering-wish.jpg

With this I can play the proposal-card from out of my purse and him not having any idea wtf is going on. We keep playing for a while and then I just feel like I have to play it. And I do. And then I start going thru my purse and he asks me what I'm looking for and makes some kind of lame joke about using my lipstick as a token..hurr hurr, we'll see ho laughs last. 

This is where things starts to get blurry. I remember playing the proposalcard upside down and him looking at me like I'm crazy. He later told me he thought I was pissed at him since I was acting so weird....oops. XD

I play the card and as he reads it I literally throw the rings up on the bed, not saying anything. I had this HUGE speech prepared but nope, that didn't work. At all. I just grunt and jerk my chin at the rings and raises an eyebrow at him. The answer was a flying man and a lot of laughing and kissing and many many yes:es. So I got him....finally. I got my heart-neerd. <3

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok, so if you managed to get this far- CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS! You are a champ! And the reason to why I post this here is because there is a wedding coming on April 2018. And I want to lose some of the weight until then. I'm not aiming for model thin but just a lighter frame. I want to feel pretty walking down the isle. And I want to be healthy enough to have a baby or two down't the line. That is it. 

Welcome to my story.

• Like 22

AHHHHHHHH THIS IS PRECIOUS <3 

Congrats on getting engaged! I just got engaged myself, I'm getting married next April :) 

I am in the same position about wedding stuff. I want to lose a little bit of weight for my wedding too. I believe you can do it!

Want to be wedding encouragement buddies???? 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

17 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

AHHHHHHHH THIS IS PRECIOUS <3 

Congrats on getting engaged! I just got engaged myself, I'm getting married next April :) 

I am in the same position about wedding stuff. I want to lose a little bit of weight for my wedding too. I believe you can do it!

Want to be wedding encouragement buddies???? 

OMG YAAAS! That would just be so fudging fantastic! :D And thank you. Aaaaand congratulations! ;) 

• Like 1
Just now, Adrianne said:

OMG YAAAS! That would just be so fudging fantastic! :D And thank you. Aaaaand congratulations! ;) 

Let's do it :) And thanks! 

Are you doing a challenge this go-round??

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

3 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Let's do it :) And thanks! 

Are you doing a challenge this go-round??

Hmm...I'm not sure. I might but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm already working together with a dietitian and I have some homework from her, plus I have stuff I promised my therapist I would work on. So the challenges might be a bit too much for me right now to focus on. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

Hmm...I'm not sure. I might but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm already working together with a dietitian and I have some homework from her, plus I have stuff I promised my therapist I would work on. So the challenges might be a bit too much for me right now to focus on. 

Makes sense :) I kinda wish I could work with a dietician or someone similar, but college student = broke. Luckily, I'm graduating a few months before I get married x_x

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

1 minute ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Makes sense :) I kinda wish I could work with a dietician or someone similar, but college student = broke. Luckily, I'm graduating a few months before I get married x_x

Oh wow....that is hard. I remember the student life...*shudders* I'm glad I have work. 

If you want I could pass some of her tips to me along to you? :) Work together in a team with it maybe?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Adrianne said:

Oh wow....that is hard. I remember the student life...*shudders* I'm glad I have work. 

If you want I could pass some of her tips to me along to you? :) Work together in a team with it maybe?

That would be awesome!

And yeah, if my parents weren't so enthused about this (I'm their eldest- first wedding) and wanting to help with expenses I'd have to HARDCORE downsize my wedding. Like Justice of the Peace downsize xD I have an internship that I'm pretty sure will turn into a job, but with student hours I can't make enough to live off of without the help of my college loans

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

1 minute ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

That would be awesome!

And yeah, if my parents weren't so enthused about this (I'm their eldest- first wedding) and wanting to help with expenses I'd have to HARDCORE downsize my wedding. Like Justice of the Peace downsize xD I have an internship that I'm pretty sure will turn into a job, but with student hours I can't make enough to live off of without the help of my college loans

Eh, big weddings are overrated. ;) We have decided on a really small one, max 50 people and then just do most of the stuff ourselves. And cut down stuff like flowers, presents, the ride to and from church....you know. all the things that isn't really needed to make an awesome wedding. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

Eh, big weddings are overrated. ;) We have decided on a really small one, max 50 people and then just do most of the stuff ourselves. And cut down stuff like flowers, presents, the ride to and from church....you know. all the things that isn't really needed to make an awesome wedding. 

Only problem with that for me is that both my Fiance and I have big families that we're really close to(he has 6 brothers and sisters- his mom's sibs have large families too), and we grew up in a close knit community and church. So there are a lot of old family friends to invite on both sides- plus I've got friends at college and he's got friends at work. Right now my invite list has ~240-50 people on it. Now granted, there are plenty of them that can't come (old great aunts/uncles who can't leave the house but nonetheless need invitations anyway, people from severely out of state, ect), but still. Many humans o_o

We're still doing some things ourselves though, my mom is looking at making the bridesmaids bouquets, and there's a local florist who does dude-flower-things for cheap thanks to prom and homecoming. We're probably going to end up going overboard, but every time I tell my mom that something isn't necessary she basically says "well technically, none of this is necessary, but we want to do it" so I'm just like "well, you want to do this, so alright" haha

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

30 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Only problem with that for me is that both my Fiance and I have big families that we're really close to(he has 6 brothers and sisters- his mom's sibs have large families too), and we grew up in a close knit community and church. So there are a lot of old family friends to invite on both sides- plus I've got friends at college and he's got friends at work. Right now my invite list has ~240-50 people on it. Now granted, there are plenty of them that can't come (old great aunts/uncles who can't leave the house but nonetheless need invitations anyway, people from severely out of state, ect), but still. Many humans o_o

We're still doing some things ourselves though, my mom is looking at making the bridesmaids bouquets, and there's a local florist who does dude-flower-things for cheap thanks to prom and homecoming. We're probably going to end up going overboard, but every time I tell my mom that something isn't necessary she basically says "well technically, none of this is necessary, but we want to do it" so I'm just like "well, you want to do this, so alright" haha

Ok one thing I have learned is that if The Mother says she want's to do something - let her. :P Me any my fiancé have discused flowers too and decided on having real ones in my bouquets (wierdes word in english ever) and the rest will be fake. We have some friends that are really allergic to some flowers so it will be better for them to not have to deal with the smell, we get to get away cheaper AND we can keep them all and decorate the house with them later! YAY for memories!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

Ok one thing I have learned is that if The Mother says she want's to do something - let her. :P Me any my fiancé have discused flowers too and decided on having real ones in my bouquets (wierdes word in english ever) and the rest will be fake. We have some friends that are really allergic to some flowers so it will be better for them to not have to deal with the smell, we get to get away cheaper AND we can keep them all and decorate the house with them later! YAY for memories!

Definitely! 

I'm a little worried about flowers because I have ALL the allergies, but we are doing fake ones for the bridesmaids bouquets (yeah, super weird!!) and we're going to repurpose them for decorating at the reception. If I can handle it, I'm having real ones <3 

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

There are some REALLY beautiful realistic fake ones out there. I saw Calla lillies in the Morton arboretum shop Tuesday, maybe check their source?

Also, I would probably go the obviously fake and beautiful in another way route, but that's just me. :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30

I fucking love this magic cards!

• Like 1

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

19 hours ago, LadyMonk said:

There are some REALLY beautiful realistic fake ones out there. I saw Calla lillies in the Morton arboretum shop Tuesday, maybe check their source?

Also, I would probably go the obviously fake and beautiful in another way route, but that's just me. :)

Yeah I found some too! Since I want tulips for my wedding it will not be a problem at all. And it is all about what the couple wants for their wedding, and not about what we think OTHER people will want!

56 minutes ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

I fucking love this magic cards!

Thanks bro! :D

• Like 1
19 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Definitely! 

I'm a little worried about flowers because I have ALL the allergies, but we are doing fake ones for the bridesmaids bouquets (yeah, super weird!!) and we're going to repurpose them for decorating at the reception. If I can handle it, I'm having real ones <3 

You do you. ^^ Don't just go for real ones because you mum wants real ones. Do what makes you and your significant other happy. :) 

• Like 1

Not getting married until next October, but still on the bandwagon of wanting to drop a little weight between now and then.

The MTG proposal is fantastic. My love decided to propose to me at the first convention I got to vend at back at the beginning of March. I kinda knew it was going to happen and still managed to be floored by the thought that he would do it at such an important event to me. I remember wanting to cry and kill him at the same time. It was marvelous. 

What's your plan for losing the weight if I might ask? Nutritionist and gym or home gym and paleo or what? I would love to hear it. 

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

9 hours ago, our.lady.of.ashes said:

Not getting married until next October, but still on the bandwagon of wanting to drop a little weight between now and then.

The MTG proposal is fantastic. My love decided to propose to me at the first convention I got to vend at back at the beginning of March. I kinda knew it was going to happen and still managed to be floored by the thought that he would do it at such an important event to me. I remember wanting to cry and kill him at the same time. It was marvelous. 

What's your plan for losing the weight if I might ask? Nutritionist and gym or home gym and paleo or what? I would love to hear it. 

All is welcome on this bandwagon. The more the merrier. ^^

Awh, thank you! I was scared to death but it worked out just fint, me happy.

And that proposal of your man - awesome. It is just so much more personal doing something like that then with flowers and chocolate and bubbly drinks. Yay for him!

Ok, so the plan - as of about a week back I have written down EVERYTHING I eat in a notebook and when I eat it. I got this as homework from my dietician and today we will look over the content. I can already say that I see a huge lack of veggies, so that will probably be my biggest thing now to work on, getting the veg in. And then just go slow with it. Soda I cut out completely a few years back and candy I can do without most of the time. Chocolate is my weakness but I have started using some techniques for getting around the very-day snacking. For example - I always pack my own lunch and snacks at home and bring them to work and I never ever bring my wallet with me to work. I'm commuting with train to my workplace so I don't need my ID och stuff like that. This way I make sure I can't get any sweets even if I want to. Hard to buy stuff without the cash. :P

I'm not doing anything crazy with my diet. If I say no to stuff they just get more tempting so for me I try to go everything in moderation. Later on we will see how it works out.

Regarding working out I'm starting up again. Have been having issues with my left hip that is giving me pain and stuff but at least I walk 16000 steps every day, besides weekends, and I will now start adding in weightlifting at the gym and/or some pilates I can do at home. So it's the same there, starting out slow. 

My main focus with this is getting enough sleep and getting outside my own head. I used to binge earlier in my life, I never purged, but I had a messed up relationship with food. I was an emotional eater. So about 6 months ago I got in touch with a therapist that has been helping me work throu all of this so my battle is in my head.

• Like 1

Sounds like you have an awesome plan and a pretty good idea of where your pitfalls are so you have a great launching point to do fabulous.

I joined a gym today so that I can start going and hopefully make some strides towards getting my curves in the right places and losing a little bit of weight on top of that. 

• Like 2

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

So this monday I had my second meetup with my dietician and boy whas I nervous. I mean I hadn't really changed that much in my eating pattern other then just simpoly writing down what went in my pie-hole. And it felt good! I was able to write down all the stuff I had eaten without having any anxiety around it or putting any value to it, it was just food. And that for me......JUST food.....has almost never happened to me. I've always been way to aware of what I eat and then added a metric shitload of meaning to it. Like - "Ok, I had a cinnamonroll....might as well just eat the whole damn bag because I'm a faliure anyways and I might as well just eat myself to death!" *inser binging here*

But not this time! Not how! I have been managing to write it down without feeling...well...anything. It is just a record of foods on a paper. And I feel awesome about that.

And the results you might ask? As I said above the onlyc hanges I have done is walking more (16000-ish steps per day) and writing down what I have eaten. Nothing major that is. I see many places where I can tweak my diet but I will get to that.

I lost 2,4 kg in two weeks! That is 5,2 lbs! I'm so fudging awesome! :D:D:D

• Like 4

So Monday. Again. How the fuck did that happen?! O.o I thought I just blinked between Friday and the whoop, Monday bitches! Nope, I do not approve at all. But I can't really do anything about that, can I? And getting out of bed this morning was a fucking struggle. I wanted to be upackaged in the house all day painting and conquer the staircase. In the house we got there is an old staircase that right now is a dusky and worn down wodden staircase and we want it white. This means mangling it with sandpaper for a couple of hours and then covering it with a Base coat of white paint. We managed to get half done and then we ran out of paint. Oops. But hey....it is what it is.

And regarding my goal of getting healthier it seemed to come to a screaming halt this last weekend. I forgot my food journal at work so I didn't put down what I ate and that threw me of as you wouldn't belive. But hey, what is done us done. And now we move on!

Today I took my vitamins and got planned for my first jogging outside tonight. I was even thinking about maybe doing my workouts in the morning. There are less people around and the air is much cooler. And I mean...talk about powerboost to get the workout done at 5.30 in the morning. Mmmm....love that stuff! Yeah I'll try that out. Sounds good actually. :)

And food. Yes. Well. I need to plan food more. Right now it is chaos and nothing works. We are back to square one with planning for the evenings meal in the morning. And that doesn't work for us, I know that. So nope, need to change that! Like now!

• Like 1

Yep, it's Monday again.

I've been doing zero on getting my food logged in. Gotta get on that.

It's been a slow drag all morning trying to get anything done. Monday is one of my days off so I probably sleep an obscene amount on Monday for those in the regular working world. Still need to hit the gym before late in the afternoon. 

Sorry to hear you got thrown by circumstances, but that reveals where you may need to come up with an alternate plan, so maybe still a win?

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Yep, it's Monday again.

I've been doing zero on getting my food logged in. Gotta get on that.

It's been a slow drag all morning trying to get anything done. Monday is one of my days off so I probably sleep an obscene amount on Monday for those in the regular working world. Still need to hit the gym before late in the afternoon. 

Sorry to hear you got thrown by circumstances, but that reveals where you may need to come up with an alternate plan, so maybe still a win?

Omg I miss mondays off. So much! But having the whole weekend off beats the odd monday any time. I don't miss working on the holidays or weekends at all! But I hope you enjoyed the crap out of your monday off! :D

Eh, Life happens. :) I just have to get back on track and move on. I used to have big anxiety issues about not doing things perfect when it came to food and working out but I've come to realise that it just wasn't healthy for me. Eating healthy and moving is, of course, but the stress it brought with it wasn't. So right now I'm just getting around the idea that I can be a temporary lazy person and still get where I want to go. :)

So as of yesterday I'm back on track with the logging of food! Yay for that! And it is looking good! I'm proud of myself for it. Running last night didn't happen. Neither this morning. But that is because I called my dad and asked him if he wanted to do a run with me tonight. We signed up for a 5 k race in may and I know I'm not even close to being able to run the whole thing but that is ok! I don't mind at all. I just love the feel of a race. :) Last year I got around om about 51 min I think, were walking most of the way. I was planning on beating that time this year. I haven't lost that much weight since last year but I HAVE gained a shitload of muscels! And since my hip isn't hurting anymore I'm just going to go out there and do my best.

I also managed to get a hold of a friend of mine that were willing to do runs with me a few times per week. And that will be epic! I need someone to run with, it pushes me more usually. And hey, the days I just feel like walking that will be fine too. I'm just worried my lardiness will slow her down but on the other hand she knew what she signed up for so I'll do my best not to think like that. :)

First run tonight and then second run on thursday, wish me luck!

• Like 2

65428399.jpg

Yesterday I had a very good day. A VERY good day! :D I did a 5 k walk/jog with my dad out in the woods and managed 5,5 k in 1h, 17 min. And then we stopped a few times because of various reasons. So all in all very happy about it. Also - I got 22500 steps in yesterday! Fuck yes! *see image above* ;)

Regarding food I did good. I wrote it all down and I managed to not splurge. I ate good food and that was that. No anxiety, no nothing. It was all just...good. And I love it. Now moving on for today!

• Like 2

I can already say that I see a huge lack of veggies, so that will probably be my biggest thing now to work on, getting the veg in.

Veggies are my biggest issue. I honestly don't like a lot of them so I have to learn to enjoy some more of them. Maybe the next time I go grocery shopping I will make it my goal to buy a new fresh veggie to try.

It seems like things are going well for you! I'm so excited to hear about how well you're doing with your food tracking. I'm tracking too, and it's quite an adventure. 

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log