Congrats! Sorry I've been AWOL, I've been lurking but having quite a few months. I'm so excited for you and your progress! You're doing so well :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Goes Beyond: Plus Ultra!

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46

Hey ho pepuls. I hope you are all doing OK. :) Personally I'm sore. Did my first at home workout session yesterday (about 45 min workout and then an hour long walk up and nd down sand dunes) and I feel it in my body. I feel great. ^^ I just wish I had had an easier time sleeping this weekend because I'm tiered as fuck. We'vespent the weekend and the dudes parents summer home down in the south of Sweden, and it's so damn beautiful down here it's insane! I mean....800 m to the ocean! I'm in love. 

Food is going better and better I feel. I've downloaded an app that helps me keep track of the kcal and even if I'm not trying to be super duper hard on them I've added in my numbers and how often I work out and it calculated around 1700 kcal per day for me. And that feels ok! So i might as well give it a try and see if I can get a better control of the food intake. I've noticed that I've started slipping again, ever so slightly, over the last period of time and I don't want that. Not when I'm doing so damn good in so many other places! Because I AM doing good! I mean...Come on....did bodyweight squats, low ones, yesterday. About 50 of them. I'm awesome. ;)

Other then that not much is up. I'm trying to enjoy life and not get too stuck up in things and relax more. That is goals.

• Like 2

Tuseday and I'm tiered. Or no, sorry, I was tiered. Got woken up by cat at 5 am, gave her some kibble, took one look at the clock and decided to sleep in. We have something called flex-time, it's like a counter that keeps track of our hours at work. We are allowed to have 20 h+ in the bank or 15 h-, that's the span. And hey, since I had like 6 h+ I decided to take a little sleep in. I needed it. Right now I feel fresher and more focused and that is super duper.

So I skipped dancing yesterday. Didn't feel like it at all. I did however spend the afternoon and evening out in the garden cleaning that up. I'll probably be more out there during the week also if it doesn't get super cold again. I've realised that I love working in the garden. Digging around in the dirt, cleaning up. Yeah...it's my jam. :) So I managed to get alot of time out in the fresh air and I needed it.

Today however I have a date with my trainer! :D Looking forward to that, like alot! And I also realised I had forgotten to add my weight for this month yesterday, so I'll add it now instead.

Starting weight: 143,8 kg / 317 lbs

Current weight: 135,6 kg / 298 lbs (YAY! Under 300 lbs!)

Goal weight: 110 kg / 242 lbs

Lost in total: 8,2 kg / 18 lbs

I did gain a little a few weeks back but I ain't mad at it. Slow and steady and with the gains I've been making in the gym I can't wait to see where this takes me! But heeey, I'm under 300 lbs now!

64948236.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on breaking through to the 200 mark!!! That's super awesome. I've been drooling over that potential mile stone for what feels like ever. Enjoy the success!

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

So I didn't have a date with my trainer on tuseday, I had mixed up the days. And yesterday I was home with migraines and didn't do shit. I still feel like not doing shit but I need to work. Thankfully I can work from home so that is awesome. Cooked real food yesterday for the first time this week, the rest of the time I've been living out of frozen lunchboxes that I made earlier. Wich was amazing, not having to compromise good food for not giving a fuck. Yay that. :P 

So saturday tomorrow. We are heading into the city to have brunch with a friend and I'm going to take a look at some weights to bring home. I want a kettlebell and some dumbells to have around the house, that way I can still do workouts on weekends and during holidays even if I'm not going to the gym. I think it is going to me smashing. :) 

• Like 1

I love veggies and that's what people needs of today's generation. A healthy lifestyle will lead to a healthy relationship as well and since you are making a life changing decision so better yet encourage also your partner/husband to have a healthy lifestyle as well, free from to much alcohol and cigars. My husband and I are having a serious commitment when it comes to choices of foods in our fridge. Now, we are disciplining ourselves, having a balanced diet and refraining from buying alcohol. Lol. But we do love wine, good for the heart.

Heh I'm new and just found your post - we have something in common that we are both getting in shape for our weddings! I just wanted to say it sounds like you are doing amazing things and also to wish you so much luck.

ps omg your proposal story is the cutest most perfect thing ever

• Like 1
On 7.4.2017 at 9:49 AM, Adrianne said:

So saturday tomorrow. We are heading into the city to have brunch with a friend and I'm going to take a look at some weights to bring home. I want a kettlebell and some dumbells to have around the house, that way I can still do workouts on weekends and during holidays even if I'm not going to the gym. I think it is going to me smashing. :) 

Kettlebells are amazing.Not only because of their versatility and the unique way traditional kettlebell exercises work the core and all stabilizer stuff, but because you can put a kettlebell next to your sofa. It is nearly impossible not to work out, when you have a kettlebell at home, staring at you... "Hmmm, I'm not feeling like going to the gym today. Too tired. And... oh, hm, I have akettlebell. Perhaps I just do two sets of snatches, I'll survive a few minutes..." And this you get a workout done (albeit a small one) that you would otherwise have skipped. 

• Like 1

Rowing, rucking, running, lifting heavy stuff. Why not do it all?

On 2017-04-21 at 5:40 PM, LaScozzese said:

Heh I'm new and just found your post - we have something in common that we are both getting in shape for our weddings! I just wanted to say it sounds like you are doing amazing things and also to wish you so much luck.

ps omg your proposal story is the cutest most perfect thing ever

WELCOME! :D I'm glad you've decidec to join us, we are a happy bunch of wierdos. ;) Kick ass, chew bubblegum and be awesome bruh! Oh, and thank you for the adorable comment on the proposal, it went wuite well I belive. ;)

On 2017-04-24 at 4:30 PM, turboseize said:

Kettlebells are amazing.Not only because of their versatility and the unique way traditional kettlebell exercises work the core and all stabilizer stuff, but because you can put a kettlebell next to your sofa. It is nearly impossible not to work out, when you have a kettlebell at home, staring at you... "Hmmm, I'm not feeling like going to th egym today. Too tired. And... oh, hm, I have akettlebell. Perhaps I just do two sets of snatches, I'll survive a few minutes..." And this you get a workout done (albeit a small one= that you would otherwise have skipped. 

Oh yes, I know this. I'm still on the fence about getting them but I think I will with the next paycheck. The hubby to be doesn't think I'll use them if I get them so I'm not sure. I mean...he does know me quite well. I might put that money into a clip-card at the local gym instead, that way I can go there on sundays and get some stuff done. My problem is that I'm kinda lazy around the house and I like the action of moving myself to another location. Changing of mindsets and all that jazz. I'll have to look into the cost at the gym but maybe it is a good idea. I also need to get a card for the pool, friday mornings they open up at 6.30 and I could, theoretically, squeeze in an hour down there before work. The problem is I love my sleep way to much sometimes.... Hmm....I'll have to think about this.

58 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

Oh yes, I know this. I'm still on the fence about getting them but I think I will with the next paycheck. The hubby to be doesn't think I'll use them if I get them so I'm not sure. I mean...he does know me quite well. I might put that money into a clip-card at the local gym instead, that way I can go there on sundays and get some stuff done. My problem is that I'm kinda lazy around the house and I like the action of moving myself to another location.

That is something only you can decide. Kettlebells at home surely works for me. When I get home tired after duty, I tended to become way to lazy to pack my gym bag and drive to the gym. Just sit down and relax... And then, that was it. Since I had the Kettlebells, after 30 minutes or 1 hour, I would think "ok, I'm too lazy to get to the gym, but I can play with the kettlebells. Just for a few minutes...." 
That is no substitute for a gym, but a little exercise is way better than none. If you use the kettlebell as an excus eto skip gym workouts, obviously it will have a detrimental effect. But if you see the kettlebell as an emergency back-up, for those evenings when you would have skipped gym anyways, then it might be a worth it. 
But if you know you would probably not use the KB, but you would indeed drive to the gym on sundays, then the money might be better spent on the gym. On the other hand, a kettlebell is a single purchase and will last you a long time, whereas the gym car would reoccuring expenses...
Tough decisions,  I know. :confused:

Should you buy a kettlebell, please stay away from the plastic crap. You NEED a cast iron one. (A vinyl coating of the round thing to protect the floor from scratching is tolerable, but the handle needs to be free.) The plastic things have grates in the handle that will tear your skin of if you use them like a kettlebell. Also, avoid the "adjustabele kettlebells" (basically a handle to accept weight plates) at all cost. When you try to cean those, you will hurt your forearms.
Just a simple cast iron kettlebell...

58 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

I'll have to look into the cost at the gym but maybe it is a good idea. I also need to get a card for the pool, friday mornings they open up at 6.30 and I could, theoretically, squeeze in an hour down there before work. The problem is I love my sleep way to much sometimes.... Hmm....I'll have to think about this.

I would not sacrifice sleep. Lack of sleep wrecks havoc with your hormones and could sabotage any exercise efforts. 

Rowing, rucking, running, lifting heavy stuff. Why not do it all?

Urgh, my head hurts. Too little sleep due to cats having some kind of race all night. In the bedroom. Under the bed. I'm glad they are having fun and playing with each other but OMG! Let me sleep! I'll be buying earplugs omw home this afternoon because I really need to get a decent nights rest.

Things are, besides that, looking good. I'm in constant pain due to working my body hard (it's not a bad pain, just some light post workout pains) either at the gym or in the garden. The house we've bought has this amazing garden but the previous owners got too old so they didn't have the energy to take care of it as they should. And I totally get that. But it ends up working my ass instead, which I kinda love tbh. As an example: At the front of the house we had this old flower bed with some random bushes with thorns on them. Roses I thought and decided to work on them and see if I could get them to perk up again. It turned out that most of them were already dead and the other ones were so far gone with growing out of control that they had taken over what was left of the flower bed. And after a few tries of cutting it down, getting stung by the thorns, getting the branches stuck in my clothes and so on I gave up. Or more like it, I did a rage-quit. I cut them all down, to the ground, and then I dug them up. Roots and all. Well....most of the roots. When I was about a meter down I stopped. So that is what I did monday, it was a national holiday here. 5 hours I spent, shovel in hand and cutter, and dug up all those roots and tried to make the front lawn look better. I'm sore, I can tell you that much. :P On friday my new plats will arrive, 3 rhododendron bushes that will look amazing there. I would love to have hydrangea but I don't think they can handle the cold climate unfortunatly. I'll have to look into it I guess.

So the garden needs a lot of love and I loooove giving it to it. I've planned on getting redcurrant and blackcurrant, a bush of each, and then a plum tree and a cherry tree. I love fruits. I'm also looking into getting a elder berry bush to put in the far corner of the garden. They smell lovely and the drink you can make from it is delicious! I'm also thinking about renovating the greenhouse so that I can do some fun stuff in there next spring. This spring and summer will all be about getting the garden back in shape, or at least into the shape I want it to.

When it comes to working out I'm doing three times a week constantly now. I'm very very proud of myself. We upped the weight yesterday regarding my kettlebell workout, used to do 12 kg but we tried to do some squats and tricep moves yesterday with 16 kg. It was heavy as fuck but it worked. :) I'm proud of myself. I had thought about going to the gym this afternoon but after yesterdays session and this weekends garden-haul I don't think so. I'll take a little rest day today and go for a long walk instead when I get home. The weather is perfect for that anyways.

And speaking of perfect! Me and @Sometimes_gypsy started a challenge! Over the following 60 days we will both do our best to drop 10 kg. It will be hard work but not impossible. I had my first weigh in yesterday and in the first week I was down 1,9 kg. Starting weight 139 kg (I had gained some again, let's not talk about that...).  So that is awesome! I'll try to post more often also here. But it feel really good, we have this accountabilibudy system that means we text each other every night with a recap of the day. The goal is to have someone that you know will listen and personally I feel that if I have someone I need to tell about how my day went I want to do much better. So there is that. :)  Life is good. Like really good.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Adrianne said:

Over the following 60 days we will both do our best to drop 10 kg. It will be hard work but not impossible.

Life is good. Like really good.

Yeah we got this! That first weigh in was awesome for you! Go team! I think we're on a good track for progress, not perfection. :)

Also this is my new favorite, maybe a little aggressive for you ;)  but it cracks me up and makes me want to hit the gym and stick to my plan to reach goals, get up early and start biting stuff. 

RmWAYnLLcQY_vj0qXiPZNx1CMHejQdKCmBhnZ7nMWVY.jpg?w=393&s=42317ec21e3c3dc0507f355189a6b48e

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

1 minute ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

Yeah we got this! That first weigh in was awesome for you! Go team! I think we're on a good track for progress, not perfection. :)

Also this is my new favorite, maybe a little aggressive for you ;)  but it cracks me up and makes me want to hit the gym and stick to my plan to reach goals, get up early and start biting stuff. 

RmWAYnLLcQY_vj0qXiPZNx1CMHejQdKCmBhnZ7nMWVY.jpg?w=393&s=42317ec21e3c3dc0507f355189a6b48e

Not too agressive at all! I love it!

3688859.jpg

Let's go bite som stuff! :D

• Like 1

Monday again! Holy crap the weeks just run past us right now, it's almost a little scary.

Recap of last week: I did good regarding food. Had some 70% dark chocolate three times and some homemade banana icecream (banana, milk and vanilla extract) thursday and friday. But I've been struggling with getting my food in. Haven't been feeling hungry at all, I hope that passes. Made sure I got a few vitamins in during the morning though, made a smoothie with greek yoghurt, raspberries, banana, spinach, orange juice and a little bit of honey. It tastes amazing and gives me a boost when I don't feel like eating.

Working out I also did last week, like two times. First I spent 5 hours ripping up roots from the flower beds in front of the house and then tuseday I did a PR at the gym. Ended up being sore in my shoulders and back all week, so after that it was mostly just walking and easier things. Since the hubby to be needed to go in for surgery on thursday I ended up taking care of him and not wanting to be away from home more then I needed to. And that's fine too sometimes. I did however plant my new rhododendron bushes on friday, I just hope they will survive now. Yeah, fun sidenot - 8th of May and we had a small snowstorm this morning. YAY! not....*rolls eyes*

The weekend I spent together with my supportgroup (read: brides maids) planning the table layout for the wedding. We did that for a few hours and then we ended up talking about politics, the legal system in Sweden, childcare and so on and so forth for about six hours. Yeah, time just flew by and it was amazing. I needed it. Bad.

Regarding the challenge I'm doing together with @Sometimes_gypsy I had my second weigh in this morning. Talk about me being nervous. And not having to be. I've lost 2,4 kg/5.2 lbs! In a week! I'm stunned. I guess I've found a good way to do things, my body seems to like it at least. Always a good thing! So that means I've lost 4,3 kg / 9.4 lbs in two weeks! Wtf is going on?!

Starting weight: 143,8 kg / 317 lbs

Current weight: 134,7 kg / 296.9 lbs

Goal weight: 110 kg / 242 lbs

Lost in total: 9,1 kg / 20 lbs

• Like 1