On 2016-07-06 at 8:21 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Is it hormonal? Honestly, I gain like 5lbs or more the week before I have to deal with Satan's Sacrificial Waterfall. It tends to strike without warning and I'm left scratching my head at the number on the scale until it shows up. Then I'm like: "... Oh. Well that makes perfect sense now"

You looked beautiful in that dress by the way <3

Like superlate response but thank you! :D

And yeah, the lingonberryweek is a bitch. But I'm off all my "anti-baby-thingamajigs" now (contraceptive I belive you cool kids call it) so here is to hoping I'm going to have a simpler and less painfull hellweek. I mean....if it feels like someone is ripping out my uterus with their bare hands through my spine then yeah -  I get moody. And if I get moody I want to eat. *sighs* I just want to eat all the time it seems.

So on another note - I'm back in the gym again! Yay me! Managed to go two times per week now since about 3 weeks back and it feels good. Food is still a struggle and will always be a struggle and to be honest I have no idea how to get over that. I understand that it won't ever be easy but I just wish....I just wish I could have a mindset like Superman or something. Like to finally realise that the thing I want in a year, in 5 years, in a decade is so much more important then this bar of chocolate I have in front of me right now. But I must be stupid or something because it just doesn't seem to work.

Ok so I know I'm probably not stupid I just feel like it. And I won't give up. I'll never give up. But I'm just so tiered of the hype and the chasing and the trying and trying and trying....and never getting there. Honestly at this point in time I'm not sure what the heck I'm even doing wrong. And that is horrible!

bd7ywh.jpg

Yeah...that is about it. But on the other hand I think I'm...happy? Yeah, I belive that is what this is. I have a wonderful house, wonderful friends, a loving dude, two furbabies and a good job. Actually...the only "problem" I have is that I have all this extra fat on me. That is about it. And that isn't really that bad. I guess...

I woke up today beliving it was friday.

fd391742fef2f5b53c5aa94af4832a9c.jpg

And the I realised it was only wednesday....and I died a little on the inside. But hey! Half the week is done and tomorrow it is thursday and THEN it is friday! :D

201601_2044_hbbaf_sm.jpg

*deep breath* It's ok, I got this. Only two more days.

What about life in general then? Good. Like really good. Did my second time at the gym yesterday amd I'm looking at myself in the mirror going "Who the hell is this person?". And I did really good yesterday too. Been getting back into the groove of jogging and I did a whole 10 min jog in the 30 min I was on the treadmill. Also need to point out that it was about 3-4 min in one go I did jog. I've gotten far I feel. Really far. From not being able to jog for even 30 sec to 3 min...that is a really big deal. So I feel very proud of myself about that. And tomorrow I have an appointment with a trainer at the gym to help me look over a new workout routine. So that will be awesome also.

Regarding food I've been doing better again. Been cooking at home for the last two weeks so that has been awesome. Did however have a huge slip up day on saturday and I regret it like mad. Had pizza and candy. And then I spent the evening being bloated and feeling like shit. Not again. At least not the pizza. It's even gone that far as to I'm planning on cooking something special for myself on saturday. Ok, so we are having a shitload of people over (like 8 peeps) and going to play MTG the whole day. And I know what happens then - pizza. Like a huge amoutn of pizza. But I don't want that. It makes me feel so bloated and huge.

hcba10dff.jpg

Yepp that pic is very much like how I feel after pizza. Not worth it at all. So I'm currently looking around to see if I can find something easy to make that is down the "cheat meal" kind of way that I can enjoy but that isn't horrible for me. Anyone got any ideas?

2 hours ago, Adrianne said:

So I'm currently looking around to see if I can find something easy to make that is down the "cheat meal" kind of way that I can enjoy but that isn't horrible for me. Anyone got any ideas?

What sort of thing do you like? You could make a curry with some side dishes or a Chinese stir fry type dish. You could try homemade pizza or something like a moussaka. I have lots of recipes so let me know what sort of thing you fancy making and I will have a hunt through for you :D 

Well done on the gym gainz too, it feels awesome when you see your fitness improving and you've worked hard to get here. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 minute ago, deftona said:

What sort of thing do you like? You could make a curry with some side dishes or a Chinese stir fry type dish. You could try homemade pizza or something like a moussaka. I have lots of recipes so let me know what sort of thing you fancy making and I will have a hunt through for you :D 

Well done on the gym gainz too, it feels awesome when you see your fitness improving and you've worked hard to get here. 

Hmm....I do like something I can eat with my hands. Not anything like pizza I think but maybe some fried chicken? Or like spare ribs? Yeah...I think I've hit the "I want to pick at my food with my hands" fase again :P

Thank you for wanting to help me out with this! I will for dessert on saturday make a blueberry pie I think. :) And get some dairy free icecream, it was awesome the last time I tried it. Hmm...yeah...something like that.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

Hmm....I do like something I can eat with my hands. Not anything like pizza I think but maybe some fried chicken? Or like spare ribs? Yeah...I think I've hit the "I want to pick at my food with my hands" fase again :P

Thank you for wanting to help me out with this! I will for dessert on saturday make a blueberry pie I think. :) And get some dairy free icecream, it was awesome the last time I tried it. Hmm...yeah...something like that.

I have a recipe for KFC style chicken? You can fry it and it will be very close to actual KFC or you can skin the chicken and spray it with oil and bake it to make it healthier. Would you like this recipe?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deftona said:

I have a recipe for KFC style chicken? You can fry it and it will be very close to actual KFC or you can skin the chicken and spray it with oil and bake it to make it healthier. Would you like this recipe?

54963679.jpg

I will let this lovely picture above do tha talking for me. ;)

• Like 2

Southern Fried Chicken

5-6 pieces of chicken (thighs and drumsticks)

Oil for frying (if you want to fry them)

Coating

120g plain (all purpose) flour

2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp paprika

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

Liquid

1 egg

100 ml milk

50 ml water

1. Mix the ingredients for coating in one bowl and the liquid ingredients in the other. Skin the chicken (if you want to - if you're baking it I do recommend skinning it as the coating goes crispier that way but if you're frying it you might want to leave it on).

2. Keeping one hand for dry and the other for wet, first dip the chicken in the dry ingredients. then into the wet and finally into the dry again. Do this until all chicken pieces are coated. If frying, refrigerate the coated chicken for 1-2 hours as this will mean the coating sticks better but if you're baking just put it directly onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprayed with oil, and spray the chicken pieces with oil too until the surface of the chicken looks well coated with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done. If frying, fry each piece for about ten minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Leave on a wire wack for a couple of minutes for the chicken to drain and voila! Homemade (and healthier if you want it to be!) KFC. 

I have also used this coating on chicken breasts to make KFC style burgers and you can easily increase the recipe for making more chicken. I often make big batches and freeze the cooked KFC to warm up for a quick, indulgent meal and this keeps me away from the chicken joints ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

144ee82562a07c2aa64ec23151514e4c6ade6212

Like....seriously. This will be my dinner on saturday! YAY! It should work with filéts as well right?

If by filets you mean chicken breast then yes but it won't have the same indulgent finger food experience. It's drier and works better on chicken burgers although they are finger food too! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deftona said:

If by filets you mean chicken breast then yes but it won't have the same indulgent finger food experience. It's drier and works better on chicken burgers although they are finger food too! 

Hmmm you might be right there. I will do my best to get as much of a "dirty food" experience without having the actual bad food as much as I can. ;) Thank you again!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Adrianne said:

Hmmm you might be right there. I will do my best to get as much of a "dirty food" experience without having the actual bad food as much as I can. ;) Thank you again!

I make a lot of these 'fast food replica' foods and it makes a huge difference making it yourself even if you don't try to slim them down at all. I think it's because even bad homemade foods have less nasty additives like MSG and preservatives. Eating stuff like this doesn't tend to send me on a downward spiral that eating the same foods from the fast food joints would. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, deftona said:

Southern Fried Chicken

5-6 pieces of chicken (thighs and drumsticks)

Oil for frying (if you want to fry them)

Coating

120g plain (all purpose) flour

2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp paprika

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

Liquid

1 egg

100 ml milk

50 ml water

1. Mix the ingredients for coating in one bowl and the liquid ingredients in the other. Skin the chicken (if you want to - if you're baking it I do recommend skinning it as the coating goes crispier that way but if you're frying it you might want to leave it on).

2. Keeping one hand for dry and the other for wet, first dip the chicken in the dry ingredients. then into the wet and finally into the dry again. Do this until all chicken pieces are coated. If frying, refrigerate the coated chicken for 1-2 hours as this will mean the coating sticks better but if you're baking just put it directly onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and sprayed with oil, and spray the chicken pieces with oil too until the surface of the chicken looks well coated with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done. If frying, fry each piece for about ten minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Leave on a wire wack for a couple of minutes for the chicken to drain and voila! Homemade (and healthier if you want it to be!) KFC. 

I have also used this coating on chicken breasts to make KFC style burgers and you can easily increase the recipe for making more chicken. I often make big batches and freeze the cooked KFC to warm up for a quick, indulgent meal and this keeps me away from the chicken joints ;)

#savingthisrecipeomg

I tend to buy the pre breaded chicken tenders from the grocery store when I want this experience, but making them myself seems like a much better idea!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

4 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

#savingthisrecipeomg

I tend to buy the pre breaded chicken tenders from the grocery store when I want this experience, but making them myself seems like a much better idea!

This recipe is supposed to be a replica of actual KFC but full disclosure - I have never tried KFC and have no plans to. I have enough vices without knowing how amazing their chicken is ;) but my boyfriend who has had KFC tells me it's a pretty close approximation and that was the baked version so the fried should be even closer.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, deftona said:

This recipe is supposed to be a replica of actual KFC but full disclosure - I have never tried KFC and have no plans to. I have enough vices without knowing how amazing their chicken is ;) but my boyfriend who has had KFC tells me it's a pretty close approximation and that was the baked version so the fried should be even closer.

I've actually had KFC a few times in both Holland and Ireland. And it is amazing. Even when I could hear my arteries clogging it is still amazing. However me and my boyfriend made the HUGE misstake of ordering some kind of sample box from them when we were in Dublin - I kid you not, there was enough food to feed 5 people! And there we were....two fatties sharing that. :P We got some rather nasty looks I can tell you that much. I think we didn't even finish one third of it all...*burps* So much food. Thus I have high hopes for this! :D I'll give a full report later. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1955aebdee394bc5256a5aa4d74f1d55.jpg

THUUURSDAAAY! YAY! Or you know...not so yay. Had to drag myself out of bed, one hour late to boot, to get to work. So not so super yay there. Going to try to have a conversation with my boss today to see if it is possible to shift my work hours around a bit now up until my vacation. Like come in an hour later and leave an hour later. I just can't seem to get to bed on time and all this light is messing me up. Anyone that has ever been to Sweden, Alaska or more or less anywhere near the arctic circle knows what I'm talking about.

59d32a7e4c3648ce8ea9f77ab4866fe4.jpg

Beautiful absolutely but it messed up my internal clock as fuck. I can't get a proper nights rest! But we will see what she says. Here is to hoping.

And about the gym and such:

12479346_1519603055035359_1765926210_n.j

I've hit a good place right now with working out and food. Had a slip up last night where I managed to down 350 g och "nature candy", you know like nuts and shit covered in chocolate....not so much nature but eh. I would LOVE a tree with like chocolate coverend cashews.....*drools*.  Anyways! Besides that slip up I've been doing really good lately. Like stupid good. And I feel fantastic. Got the weekend all planned out so food there won't be a problem. Also getting ready to hit the gym now with an instructor to step up my game there. Got all kinds of questions I want answered so we'll see how it goes. Probably super good I guess. ;) So working out is also going great.

And to just touch up on Pokémon GO - I love it. It gets me out more and I don't feel like I need to run with it or anything. But just getting me of my butt when I'm at home is a huge thing. So super good there! Team Instinct for the win btw. ;)

Sorry for things being so much all over the place but this is my head. All the time. I'm a mess. XD Ciao peeps!

• Like 3

Yay for gym happiness!

Yay for food happiness!

Yay team Instinct! ;)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

That's beautiful ^_^

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

924647_723966057719084_327797296_n.jpg

But I need to adult today....even if I don't want to. Got up earlier then normal to be in the city at 7.30 to buy newly baked bread for our friday fika (swedish word, meaning uhm...like...coffee break. Hard to explaine :P ). But when I get in here, tiered as fudgecake, none of the bakeries are open! They are all closed for the summer. Poooooop. So I got up about 1,5 hours earlier for nothing....shoot me now plz?

Why is it so fucking hard to act like an adult and eat like a sensibe human being?  I mean....I know that ice cream is bad for me, I know I've had my fill of calories, I know I will hate myself afterwards...But still i stuff my face with it. I eat and eat and eat until I feel like I'm going to throw up and then I eat some more. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Ok so I've been falling off the famous wagon. Again. And it feels like I'm just too dumb to learn from my mistakes. Maybe I'm just too dumb all together? Not a good day. Been eating like shit, gaining weight back, home with migraine again....My boss is pissed with me. I don't know how to live anymore. Feels like I just mess shit up constantly. So yeah...not a good day at all...

45457714.jpg

Sometimes I wonder what the heck is wrong with me. And then I remember I'm a hooman and that we are all over the place sometimes. And that it has to be ok. But man is it exhausting! One minute I got this, I'm slaying the game and I feel unstoppable. The next I'm at the bottom of some dark pit with no way out. *groans* And up and down, and up and down it goes this emotiona rollercoaster of mine. I'll just have to hang tight I guess.

So in other news it has been a good weekend for me. Not at all that much crap that went into my mouth, always a win. Friday we spent at home with friends, saturday we got up super early and went to the Stockholm MTG Grand Prix! ERMAGERD so much fun! We didn't play in the main event but more or less durdled around and looked at the dealers stuffs and we also played a round of Legacy. Always fun! But then...then there were the artists. HOLY BALLS BATMAN! So much purdy stuff! I got to see Johannes Voss in person and MAN is he cute! And like super talendet. And so nice! I had a right fan-girl moment and my fiance laughed and asked if I liked him. I told him straight to the face that if I had been single I would have asked that dude out for coffee. He just laughed and pettet me on the head. Myeah...so that's how we roll. :P

But it was alot of fun. I did better in the Legacy tournament then I thought I would, standings 2-2. So I'm happy! I really like my little deck even if it isn't really a super competative one. I have fun and that is all that matters.

I did however end up spending a shitload of cash. I mean....art. Like...alot of it. I think we ended up with 4 big ass prints to take with us home, signed and all, and that is amazing. But almost the best thing of the day for me was this:

w8STd5z.png

My new playmat! I'm in love. It is based on a card in Magic called "Kitchen Finks" (see below) and it is amazing. When I started playing MTG I started out as a white-green player. I've always loved those coulors and I've also always been a sucker for life gain decks. And cats. So yeah....so many wins in this playmat. :P

190.jpg

So ok, back to the losing weight kind of deal. I have no idea where I'm at right now. I had a date with my dietitian on wednesday so I'll find out then. But it feels ok. Like...I don't feel bloated anymore or stiff and I've planned out this weeks food also. Always something! I've planned in two trips to the gym this week so that is going to be sweet. Taking it slow...trying not to rush things.

One thing however that I am thinking about is how I am going to plan the coming autumn and winters working out. The local pool/swimhouse opens again in august and I would love to start yoga once a week. So that means that there is swimming, yoga and weights I want to do. The question is only....how much do I want to do? Optimally I would love to do something every week-night, just to keep moving. Saturday and sunday I want to keep for doing something just because it is fun, you know like going to an adventure pool or something like that. Or hiking. Just doing fun things where moving is secondary, if you know what I mean. *ponders* What do you guys think? My ultimate plan is this:

Monday: Weights at the gym.

Tuseday: Evening swim (they close down the pool and have an 18+ evening, so no splashing kids).

Wednesday: Yoga

Thursday: Evening swim

Friday: Weights at the gym.

Does this sound like too much? I'm not sure to be honest.....

50376615.jpg

f0190b10deac1f5c33e1a31945792356.jpg

Last week before vacation! WOHO! I'm looking forward to it so much you have no idea. This summer has been hard and I can't wait to get to sleep in a little in the mornings. It will be glorious. And what am I going to do on this wonderful vacation? Paint the house....nothing fun in any way but it needs to be done. We also need to work our asses of outside in the garden to try to get that in shape. If that now is possible....I have my doubts about that.

Besides that I will have to sit down and do a budget for the wedding. We have set a date now finally so it is ON! Like...litteraly! I now have something to strive towards and work at. And hey, knowing me, I'll have it all done by next week. :P More or less at least. One thing I have seen is that we spend way to much money on shit. On stuff that we don't even need. It is irritating to say the least. So from today I have set a ban on myself that I will not be able to buy anything I don't need for a very long time. I'll try to get rid of a shitload of clothes also and other stuff we don't use and then simply put it into getting the wedding paid for. It will take some planning....money doesn't grow on trees. Unfortunatly.

The reason I'm doing this is actually two: I spend way to much money on food I don't need (coffée down town, a piece of candy here and there, something nice for friday...) and it tends to be things I put in my mouth. And I sure as hell don't need that. So my plan is by cutting down what I buy to eat I will also cut down dress sizes. I'll try to use the gym we have a work more since it is free. And cook more at home. I want to get back into the whole meal prep mentality again...but I'm feeling confused as to what to actually make. :( Does anyone have any good ideas?

• Like 1

So uhm....I might be a little behind on this but I tried over night oats for the first time today. I have seen it all over the Interwebz but I haven't gotten around to trying it before. I could just say any kind of fancy ass excuse to this but it all comes down to one thing - I don't like normal oats. It's icky and gooey and sticky. It feels like eating old glue to me. But yesterday when I was heading home I thought - what the hell? I can just try it once and if I don't like it then that's that. Like it's super easy, almost obscenely cheap and I can vary it to oblivion and beyond. Said and done I got to googeling recipies. And I found one that caught my eye - peanutbutter and dark chocolate. Like...herro! So I got to the store and I got a bar of 70% dark chocolate with seasalt (uuuhm like the best thing ever!) and home I went. And I made it. And it was....doable. Like, it wasn't the best thing I've had in my life (FYI that would be a fresh croissant with Nutella...so yeah...not really healthy so how about not listening to that side of my brain ok? Ok!) but it wasnt horrible, you know? So I will definitly try it again and see what I think of it.

I also got so happy at work yesterday because on my desk was a huge bag of greens! A coworker of mine has a little farm outside of town and she grows her own stuff. We got to talking abolut greens and growing stuff a while back and I said that I would love to buy some fresh crops from her if she wanted to get rid of some. And yesterday I got it! I belive it was about 4 kg of potatoes, carrots, onions, polka-beets (OMG SOO GOOOD!) and a zucchini! And she didn't want money for it! She said she was just happy she could help out. So I cooked that last night with some porkchops and sauce...omfg it was the best thing I've bad in a long time! We also got like 3 extra lunchboxes made so that is a huge win. Tonight it will be pasta and some sauce with minced meat. It will be nice. :)

And I even managed to try to make some kind of protein bar. I have no idea how they turned out but I'll see later today. I know some people might frown at the use of protein powder and to some degree I agree. I just feel like right now I need this to get back on track. The more protein I get in the better I can stand against temptation. And that I did yesterday! All day! Yay me!

• Like 1

Oh. My. God. I tried overnight oats again, this time in the combo of cherry and chocolate and holy crap!

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

Lite...litteraly! (Cherry jam and cocoapowder...)

Oh ok, let me back up a little. So I tried the overnight oats yesterday morning and it was...meh, you know? Not horrible not super enjoyable either. But as I said then I wanted to give it another try. So I did. I ended up oogeling youtube for recipies and came across this wonderful one (I later got lost on the channel and found a ton of useful tips!) that I wanted to try. And holy crap it was good! She had alot of cool recipies for overnight oats so I'll try some of them out.

So that was awesome! And I feel super full and super awake, also a good thing. When I just had a sandwich for breakfast I tended to get like sluggish and tiered, maybe this is my new jam. Hurr hurr, jam...like....I used cherry jam in it today....*grins at her own stupid joke*

The protein bars/snack bars turned out good too! Super chewy and it got a little stuck in my teeth but it curbed my sweet tooth just fine. So I haven't had candy for the whole week and yesterday it was all down to that bar. So yay for that! Monday it is getting on the scale at home again, we'll see what happens.

Besides this I'm super pumped! We have finally set a date for the wedding so I have something to work with now. And I also have a set timeline for this weightloss. Since I only want to get rid of about 10-20 kg I should be able to do that in 9 months to a year. I just need to stay focused and to the small things. I have completely shut out sodas now, as a supertiny first step. No more drinking my calories. This isn't the biggest thing for me but it is ONE thing, you know? Like when I get that down I can move on to the next thing, like just eating candy on the weekends or something like that. I needed to get back to baby steps and small victories, I have a way to easy time looking at doing all the stuff at once and then failing misserably. Yeah no. I haven't got time for that. And regarding working out I'm still doing that because it makes me feel good.

So goals for the rest of this year is as following:

* Drop 5 kg until 2016-12-31. This is totally doable!

* Kick soda completely. Also completely doable.

* Narrow down fastfood to just once ever 2 weeks. This shouldn't be a problem. More cooking at home, also cheaper.

* Manage to get to a place where candy/sweets are only eaten once every week. THIS is going to be the big one! I'm hoping that all the above stuff together will end up in this.

• Like 1

Right now I want a cheesburger and a coke SO BAD! Like...sooo bad. I hate it when the cravings hit me right in the face like this. And honey, let me tell you - they hit hard! Like a, and I quote my favourite book of all time: "having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick". But in a bad way. Like I can't feel my legs kind of way.

I managed to get over the cravings yesterday and I'm going to overcome it today. And it will get me the results I so desperatly want at the end of the day. Right now, in this moment, I want all the bad things I could ever get my fatty little hands on. But in the long run is that really what I want? NOPE! Like heeeeell no! So I'm going to stick to this, eat alot of good food tonight and then sleep like a baby. Yepp, that's what I'm gonna do! Because I've hade a good choise. :)

• Like 1