@Adrianne, christmas is over. (No, it isn't. At least over here, christmas time officially lasts until january 6th... but  nobody neither knows nor cares.) So, all the festivities are over, all the stress from being expected to be nice and kind and happy, and all the excuses to snack biscuits and cales and stuff...  

How are you doing? Been to the gym already? 

PS: Deadlifts, at last. 
:applause:

• Like 1

Rowing, rucking, running, lifting heavy stuff. Why not do it all?

On 2016-12-30 at 11:44 AM, turboseize said:

@Adrianne, christmas is over. (No, it isn't. At least over here, christmas time officially lasts until january 6th... but  nobody neither knows nor cares.) So, all the festivities are over, all the stress from being expected to be nice and kind and happy, and all the excuses to snack biscuits and cales and stuff...  

How are you doing? Been to the gym already? 

PS: Deadlifts, at last. 
:applause:

Yes Christmas is FINALLY over for this year and I can sit back and breathe easy again. Or...you know, maybe not sit back, but you get the general idea. :P Regarding the gym I've been doing good. Did two sessions last week (between Christmas and New Years, fancy that!) and one of those were an hour with my trainer. So she kicked my butt good. ;)

On 2017-01-01 at 2:40 AM, elizabethindigo said:

I haven't been commenting but I've been reading since this summer and I'm seconding turboseize. @Adrianne I am invested in your saga! 

WOW! Hello! :D I'm so happy you decided to put down a little something, always nice to know that people find my little mundane life interesting. I'm very glad to have you onboard. :)

So 2017 huh. Fancy that. Alot of things happened in 2016, may bad but also a shitload of good stuff. Moved to the new house, got engaged, started therapy, started taking myself seriously and putting myself first much more. Many ups and downs but I'm still here, right? And glad to be so. Glad to still be on top of all of this and I'm glad I survived Christmas and all what is that crap. So how is everyone then? Did you have a good holiday and did you manage to keep to your goals?

And talking about goals. I have som nice ones coming up to be honest. But first thing's first - look what I found on the tube!

Since I get up at 5 am every morning I'm not super into getting breakfast done then. I usually just make a sandwich and bring with me together with some tea on the buss. It takes me an hour to get to work so I have plenty of time then to eat. But due to this I'm looking for things to make that are snacksize and that I can bring with me. Thus I found these. And I tried to make the blueberry-banana ones and holy lord they were good! Finns me right up. Have them for snacks today at work, and since they have yoghurt in them the protein-quantity goes up. I love them. Will experiment with them more, super easy and they freeze really nice. :D

Also I got a super nice gift for the holidays this year - my trainer has approved my request for working with her for another 6 weeks. And we are doing two times per week from next week on! I'm so damn excited it's insane!!! I've also gotten approved from my boss to work from home on fridays, can't wait for that! I've also realised that the pool opens early on fridays so that means that I can go swim before I start working. This is just...too good to be true!

Ok, so the thing we have all been waiting for. I got on the scales this morning at work just to see the damage since the holidays. I had just gained 0,6 kg or 1,3 lbs. Earlier years that number was so much higher, gaining 3 kg or 6,6 lbs wasn't unusual. I'm so damned pleased with this. This is easy to recover from, no issue at all. Today working out on my own at the gym and next week hanging out with my trainer again. Yes mam, this is going to be a good start of the year.

• Like 2

Urgh, I just wish I could sleep more. I'm so darned tiered it isn't even funny anymore! I try to go to bed at a good time and get at least 7 hours of sleep but it doesn't seem enough. The sucky part is that since I get up at 5 am I would have to go to bed at 9 pm to be able to get the rest I need. And....well....that means that I would ONLY be sleeping, working and cooking. That is about it. I know I'm complaining here but it's my thread so let me bitch a little, ok? :P

*sighs* I know that I need to focus more on recovery. I know it. I just find it so damned hard to do. I like staying up late and watching movies or playing games. And I want to have some quality time with friends and family but with this schedule there just isn't any time to spare, like at all. And the little time extra I do have I put towards working out. So I'm guessing I'm doing well when it comes to putting myself first but come on....it would be nice to kick it with some friends on a weekday now and then. But alas....it is not for me.

There, rant over. :P

NO!!!! I refuse!!!!

I refuse to get stuck in this dark place in my head. I WILL NOT GO THERE! Do you hear me?! I WILL NOT!

*deep breath* Ok, so what the hell is the crazy lady on about?! Well....I had a little tangle with my low selfesteem this morning. I've been sleeping like shit the last few days, been getting around 5-6 hours of sleep and I have no idea why. So I'm guessing this comes from that. But anyways, I realised today that I was spiraling out of control when I started looking up quick fixes for my obesity, started looking into getting surgery again and then, just all of a sudden, as I was reading this blogg about a woman that had dome a gastric bypass I just realised..... I'm doing myself more harm like this. And it isn't worth it.

And I got out! I just closed everything down on the computer, recapped the fact that I have been going to the gym and working my butt of for two times a week for sex weeks now. I've been eating like a fucking champ this week, haven't had candy or pastry at all. And I am doing great really. Every meal has been home cooked, I've had lunchboxes with me to work all week and been doing good as in having snacks with me also. Heck, I got this! Screw the scales, I now swear that I won't get up on it until when I have my check up in february with my doctor.

Just wanted to share it with you guys, that I am awesome and that I'm the master of my own mental health. I got this. PEACE!

• Like 2
On 2017-01-18 at 10:34 AM, turboseize said:

Adrianne, it's wednesday. Your weekly report is (over)due!

Hahaha, thank you for keeping track of me. ;) It's just a shame that I don't get any notifications when someone has responded to the thread...Oh well!

So as dear turbo states - an update is long overdue. I've been working hard on getting my shit together and it has been going mostly well. Besides an unfortunate medical emergency that had me floored for about a week I'm doing really well now. I'm up to 3 times at the gym per week now, one for an hour danceclass and two with my trainer. So I'm kinging ass and taking names more or less. I'm constantly sore and I love it. 

Regarding food I'm getting there. I've started a little wall at home where I put up inspirational stuff and also a food schedule that is helping me keep track on when to eat. It seems I had a tendency for not having any healthy snacks in the afternoon so no wonder I was ravenous when I got home from work! So right now my day with meals looks something like this:

6 am - breakfast

8.30 am - healthy snack at work, cup of tea and something high in protein

11.30 - lunchbox I brought from home with yesterdays dinner leftovers

2 pm - healthy snack at work, high in protein

5 pm - healthy snack on the bus home, usually a fruit

7 pm - homedcooked dinner

8.30 pm - a cup of tea before bed

When I'm at work this is usually not a problem to uphold but the weekends are a mess. I need to get them organised and up to par, or at least make sure I eat 5 small meals instead of as it is now, 2 at most. Therefore the list on my wall. :) I also need to get outside and walk for at least 30 min every day, even in the weekends. This is an order from my trainer and I will do what she says. What she has me do in the gym is already paying of. I mean....constant workout pains is a good this yes? ;) 

Weightwise I have no idea where I*m at right now. I've decided that I'll only weight myself once a month and that way hopefully get away from the unhealthy focus on the scales. I know I'm working hard right now and I feel amazing. And that feeling is so much better then hunting the g on the scale. That is what I'm trying to tell myself to chill out and not be a scale-loving-maniac. 

• Like 1

So this update will be one day early, just to make sure I'm not forgetting to do it.

I'm doing ok. Things are a little up and down right now but mostly it's up. I'm still having problems with my sleep, been having nightmares alot lately and having trouble getting to bed on time. I think I will need to get some kind of reminder when it is time to turn everything off and just start to unwind. I'll have to look into that.

On a totally different note - I messed up my computer yesterday. I was picking up the cat from the floor and when I turned around I bumped into my teacup and ended up drowning my computer in it. Apparently the grafics card is toast, and yeah well...those things ain't cheap. And we don't really have the money to get a new one. So right now all internet interactions will be taking place via my phone. So that sucks! I could have spent that money on something more fun, like something for the wedding. :P

Regarding the wedding - I'm starting to stress out already. Mostly because I want it to be sort of done sort of soon, I think about it like this: the more things I have done early the more I can relax further on. And considering I haven't made an update about the wedding in forever, maybe that should be in a post soon? This IS, at the end of the day, a thread following my desire to get fitter for my wedding after all. Yeah, I think I'll do that! I'll end this post off here, as abruptly as it might be, and then come back later today or maybe tomorrow with more updates about stuff that has been going on. Yeah, I'll do that! :D

• Like 1

Hahahaha I SUCK at writing things down at the time I say I will! I say tomorrow and then it ends up like a week later. However I will have to say, in my defence, that I don't have a working computer at home right now. So I'll just have to be a sneaky bastard and use the computer at work instead. But hey! It seems to be working juuust fine. ;)

To the wedding mobile!

o.O Holy shit that is like the biggest button EVER! But hey, you get the idea!

Ok, so. The wedding will be in September and I can't fucking wait! Most of the things has fallen into place nicely and I've managed to get a hold of everything major I belive. And most of it super cheap as well so I'm like silly happy. Example: When we were hunting for the venue we had a look-see at the nearest big city to where we live. But after asking around a bit we quickly realised that we wouldn't get a decent place to have the party at for under 2000 dollars. And...uhm....we don't have that kind of money. Like at all. So I started to look around at home and we found a beautiful place in the little village we live. The Folkets Park. Like a folk park. They were a huge thing in the 50´s, people would go dancing, eat hotdogs, play games and just have a good time. So it has this huge dacefloor with a roof over it, a cute little café on a little slope and then like 5 small sheds for games such as ballthrowing on cans, dart and other things. We went there last fall and checked it out when they had the last dance of the season and holy crap it was beautiful! Said and done, I called the municipality office and asked how much it would be to rent. The man that answered my call asked me what I needed the park for and when he found out it was for a wedding his response were: "Well, usually we charge 150 dollars per day (!!!so cheap!!!) but since I know how darn expencive weddings can get let's just say 150 dollars for friday-sunday ok?" This had me floored. It turned out so much better then I thought it would! So that is fixed and done, I'm very happy. Oh, did I mention they have different colored lightbulbs in the trees also that light up in the evening? Well they do. I'm in love.

Besides this I've managed to snag a super nice caterer that will do a really good buffé for us for a silly low price and they will also handle the serving of the foor and the dishes afterwards. Awesome! The invitations and save-the-date cards will be designed by a childhood friend of my man to be, for free, as a wedding gift for us. Also a shitload of money that was saved here. The cake and the snacks table will be handeled by a friend of mine that is a dessert chef, also as a gift for us. Rings were given to us from my parents, my dad had found his grandmas and grandads rings and they gave them to us to reuse if we wanted them. So...like....I'm so super happy and moved by the fact that so many people are coming together in this to help us out.

We are meeting with the photographer tonight to go over what she can do and what it will cost. Later this month we have a meeting with the catering firm to look over the menu. Oh yeah, and a mutual friend of ours can help us with that. I fail to remember the english term for it, but basically she has the right by the state to wed us since we don't want it ti be a religios thing. More like: "Do you take her? yup. Do you take him? Yepp. Ok, now make out." You know what I mean. :P

So all in all we are done! I just need to keep working my ass of to get into the wedding dress of my dreams and that's that. My goal for that is to get into a swedish size 48. Right now I'm a 52. That would mean three dress sizes down for the big day. Considering I now work out four times a week and try to desperatly watch what I eat and together with my therapist is working to change my behaviour around sugar and sweets I do think it is possible. I don't think I would want to lose more of myself, I like being big and strong.

OH! And on that note, of being big and strong, I got stopped by a random lady at the gym yesterday! She told me she was so impressed with me and how strong I was (right now I do reversed squats, laying down on my back and pushing a bunch of weights up instead of having then racked on my back and bending down, due to my messed up foot - PR right now is 130 kg) and that she tought it was super inspirational to watch me work. I got super flustered. But so happy! It really made my day! There, side note done. :P

So all that is left to do now for the wedding is get all the loose strands together. I need to start planning decorations for the venue, seating placements we don't give 2 cents about and will not do at all, and then some games. And we are done! I'm so happy! :D

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Adrianne said:

We are meeting with the photographer tonight to go over what she can do and what it will cost.

Photographing a wedding is a HELL of a job. I did five weddings, always as a gift for friends, but I would never do wedding shoots commercially. Ok,maybe, if I was starving and that was the only job I ould get... But else: No way. You have to be alert constantly, not only to bride and groom, but to everybody around, you have to anticipate the light (I have never been able to rehearse before the actual weddig - just was thrown into the situation and had to cope with what was there), you moove around constantly to get good angles because bride and groom and priest are also moving (not much, but enough to block the view...), and you have to do so - mooving around, preying on good shots - without disturbing the ceremony. 
In the evening, you will be completely drained, and then you'll spent the next week sighting the photos, choosing the best ones and editing them.

Be nice to the wedding photographer. He has the hardest job of the day. And if he's a real professional, expect to pay accordingly. You might be able to find people that charge as low as 150€, but these are usually amateurs and/or beginners building a portfolio. Do not expect too much from them - they might be great, or they might not.
The real pros charge somewhere within the realm of 600-1200€/day, depending on whether expenses are included are charged separately. And if you figure in all the postprocessing (rule of thumb: double or three times the time spent on shooting), even their hourly wage is sad...

OH! And on that note, of being big and strong, I got stopped by a random lady at the gym yesterday! She told me she was so impressed with me and how strong I was (right now I do reversed squats, laying down on my back and pushing a bunch of weights up instead of having then racked on my back and bending down, due to my messed up foot - PR right now is 130 kg) and that she tought it was super inspirational to watch me work. I got super flustered. But so happy! It really made my day! There, side note done. :P

Strong is sexy. When I read the song of the Nibelungs as a teenager, the only female charcacter that was somewhat interesting to me was Brünhild...
But maybe that was because I basically grew up in a boat house, with all the girls around me also rowing fast and lifting heavy. B) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turboseize said:

Be nice to the wedding photographer. He has the hardest job of the day. And if he's a real professional, expect to pay accordingly. You might be able to find people that charge as low as 150€, but these are usually amateurs and/or beginners building a portfolio. Do not expect too much from them, They might be great, or they might not.

The real pros charge somewhere within the realm of 600-1200€/day, depending on whether expenses are included are charged separately. And if you figure in all the postprocessing (rule of thumb: double or three times the time spent on shooting), even their hourly wage is sad...

Oh I do tend to be super nice to the photographer! That is why we are going to meet up with her tonight and discuss what is actually going to be done and how. I don't want to stress her out at all. And I also do understand that if they know what the hell they are doing it will be costly. And I prefer that. It is actually listed as one of out most expencive posts in the budget. Just because I do want good pictures.

We have also decided to not have her with ut for the entire night. Just for the ceremony and the mingle afterwards. Our plan is to put out disposable cameras on the tables to let the guests take some pictures also. Hopefully that will be a good idea. But anyways, we shall see. :)

4 minutes ago, turboseize said:

Strong is sexy. When I read the song of the Nibelungs as a teenager, the only female charcacter that was somewhat interesting to me was Brünhild...

But maybe that was because I was basically growing up in a boat house, with all the girls around me also rowing and lifting heavy. B) 

Hahahaha! Yeah well....girls that are strong are often very confident I have found. And that is sexy. :)

• Like 1

Urgh I'm so tiered. I feel like a wrung out dishcloth. But then again I've never worked out this much in one week before in my life. Monday dance, Tuseday session with my trainer, Wednesday some kind of basic workout class for beginners and today another session with the trainer. I'm sore all over and I want sleep. So bad. But I know I can chill the rest of the week. I have a long walk planned in on Saturday but tomorrow I'll settle for a 30 min chill walk. Nothing super fancy but I need to get out and move. 

I've also realised that I missed the weigh in for February. Sorry dudes and dudettes. I'll just simply do a new weigh in in the beginning of March. :)

• Like 1

I did it. I managed to pull of yesterdays workout. And holy crap I am sore today! But I feel so damn proud it is insane! 

I did:

60 kettlebell swings with a 16 kg kettlebell, so around 32 lbs I guess?

100 step ups on a bench since I'm not allowed to do box jumps yet due to weight and messed up ankle. 

100 bodyweight squats. 

100 bench presses with 12 kg, so around 24 lbs. 

100 triceps presses with a 14 kg kettlebell, so around 28 lbs. 

My trainer had put this together for me and I was allowed to do it in whatever ordet I wanted of the course of 45 minutes. To be honest - I didn't think I would make it. Especially the swings. She had it down to a 100 at first but when she saw my form after 30 she said that we would lower the number I needed to do but that I would have to keep perfect form the whole time doing them. And I did. So I'm damn proud of myself. 

Today it is friday and I will enjoy the crap out of working from home and not having to get dressed in anything more fancy then my hoodie and a pair of slouchy sweatpants. :P 

• Like 3

Sligt update real quick.

I've been feeling sick this week so no working out. Instead I've been catching up on my sleep and taking long walks out in the long awaited sunshine we have been experiencing up here in the north. It's been good. Really good. I have an appointment with my doctor on monday so I took some new tests and a weight. Apparently I have gained some back, was at 139,6 today, but I'm not mad at that. I know I've been working like crazy at bulding muscles and also the medical condition I talked about in earlier posts kind of threw me off and I had a relapse of emotional eating for a few days. But I'm better now. I'm proud of myself for listening to my body and taking care of it better.

I also took a new blood preassure today and it has dropped a bit. Just a bit. When I started going to my doctor I had a bloodpreassure of around 140/90. So more or less high enough for them to consider getting me on medication. Now it's at 120/80. I've successfully dropped it down quite a bit in the last 6 months. I'm so damn pleased with myself!

Food is going well. Making everything at home. Spent the weekend with  my best friend and her husband and got some serious inspiration regarding cooking vegetarian food. New goal - eat vegetarian two days a week. I did it this week and I'm very glad I pulled it off. Yay me!

What else is going on? Oh right! I'm considering trying intermittent fasting. Or at least I think that is what it's called. As of late I'm having problems eating breakfast in the mornings and I've caught myself not feeling hungry until lunch. I've been taught that you MUST east breakfast, otherwise you'll never lose weight! But I did some research and apparently this is a thing that people do. They don't eat over a 16 hour window every day. And that is what it seems like my body wants right now. So I'm going to try to stick to it for a bit, eating between 12 am and 8 pm and then stay away from food. Maybe it will work, I don't know. :) It's worth a try at least.

• Like 3

Holy cow I got suuuper sick! Coughing my lungs up and can't breathe properly. I hate to admit it but I won't be working out at all this week either. I'll try to get my butt outside to take walks but right now I'm breaking out in a sweat just by walking the 10 min from the central station to my workplace. So I'm not really sure how this is going to work. Maybe I'll just have to focus on eating well and sleeping this week? Hmm....

On another note I did good this weekend. Took a little stroll for 30 min both friday and saturda and yesterday I spent cleaning the house. And then I mean thoroughly. There is almost nothing better then to go to bed fresh out of the shower and lay down in clean sheet when the covers and pillows has been airing out all day. Too bad I couldn't sleep well due to all the couching but eh, what are you going to do?

Fasting has been going better then I thought it would. I have been listening to my body and eating when I'm hungry and drinking when I'm thirsty. The stupid part is that when I get sick I lose my apetite and it is hard for me to eat. So more or less the only thing I could get down on saturday was a few slices of bread and tea and then in the evening a child-size pizza. Not a pizze the size of a child but a smaller pizza then a normal one. :P I've sworne to stay away from all soda again (it had started creaping back) and juices. Also alcohol. I don't need that stuff so why do I drink it? Stupid really.

I'll update later on in the week regarding how I'm doing with everything. I get the feeling that this sickness might be used to do some good further down the line. Failing to plan is planning to fail, right?

NO SPORTS when sick! You are just prolonging your illness - and thereby prolonging the period you cannot train properly. Plus, there is the risk of screwing your health up really badly. It's just not worth it. Trust me... #beentheredonethat

Eat and sleap. A lot and well.  There is not much more you can do about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turboseize said:

NO SPORTS when sick! You are just prolonging your illness - and thereby prolonging the period you cannot train properly. Plus, there is the risk of screwing your health up really badly. It's just not worth it. Trust me... #beentheredonethat

Eat and sleap. A lot and well.  There is not much more you can do about it.

So like no walks either? I feel wierd when I don't get to move at all, it is irritating as hell and my body starts to itch all over. :(

Walking would be ok. Take it easy, don't get heart rate too high, don't "walk" a marathon, don't do HIIT. If your body yearns for movement, let it move a bit. If it demands rest, let it rest. But don't move or work out, because you feel you "have too". The only thing you "have to" do when sick is getting well again.

• Like 2

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I thought I would get well this week! Oh man that was hilarious! :P

Instead I spent tuseday in the ER with stomachpains that made me puke every 30 minutes. I woke up the night between monday and tuseday due to pains and cramps and the only thing that could make it feel any better at all was puking. Yay win! Or you know...not. So after finally getting to the city tusday morning I headed up to a little clinic down town that has a kind of semi-emergency room, they can patch up simpler stuff and help you with simpler pains. And since I thought it wasn't anything serious I first sat there for 2 hours waiting for someone to take a look at me. And the moment the nurse took me in and I described the symptoms to her she ordered me to directly go to the big ER at the hospital. So off I went. And spent 7 hours up there. I was prodded, had an ultrasound of the abdomen and finally I got the news that nothing was wrong with me and that it was just a super-agressive stomach bug. 

.... really? 9 hours waiting to know it's a bug?! *sighs* 

Needless to say I've been home since then. And it WAS aggressive. I've barely been able to eat anything, over the last few days I've only gotten down some yoghurt and tea. So I'm weak. Like super weak. I'm glad it wasn't something worse but goddamnit....I don't have TIME for this shit!!! AT AL! Urgh!

I'm alive!

Well, more or less anyways. Back at work and back at life in general. :) Had my first post-sickness workout yesterday and man it felt good! Did some lowintensity stuff, trying to not get my heartrate up too high but more focusing on waking up the body again after the things that happened. And it felt amazing. For the first time in two weeks I didn't have any backpains when I went to bed last night. And I slept so good it's almost obscene.

Regarding food and stuff let me just say that staying on the intermittent fasting after a stomach bug is no peoblem what so ever. I think my stomach shrunk somewhat during the past week and I get full so much faster. I'm trying to stick to that feeling and not over eat just because something is good. Talking about over eating: I've noticed an interesting habit of mine. I've always thought I've been a binger, through and through, but it seems like I DO take breaks when I eat! For example, if I have dinner and talk to someone else during mealtime I notice myself putting down the spoon/fork/things used to shovel down food with when I'm about halfway done with my plate. Then I can sit and just talk for 10 minutes without even thinking about the food. And then the interesting thing happens: if I see there is food left on my plate I feel like I need to eat it. So I eat without feeling hunger.

f8ce0ff33ec32c9e6d207078e52bea14a1795afc

This is insane! If my body tells me it doesn't need more food, aka I'm not feeling hunger anymore, why the hell am I putting stuff into my mouth anyways?!?!?! This is madness! Because of this I have promised myself that I will stay more in tune with what is going on with my body and if I catch myself stopping, just leave the rest. If it is something I can just put away and save for later then do that! Otherwise don't finish the plate! Throwing away food isn't good but it is better right now for me to put it in the trashcan under the sink then in the trashcan that is my stomach.

I know it's the 1 of March today but I have knowingly not gotten on the scale yet after the stomach bug. Ofc I will lose weight when I can't eat anything, that is just obvious. But I'm going to get on it next monday morning and we'll see then what is going on. :)

• Like 4

Monday morning. And it is time for a weigh in, as promised. First of all the numbers, just to get that thing over with.

Starting weight: 143.8 kg / 317 lbs (gained a ton over Chistmas unfortunatly)

Current weight: 137,5 kg / 303 lbs

Goal weight: 110 kg / 242 lbs

Lost in total: 6,3 kg / 13.8 lbs

I've been thinking about this and to be honest I belive it is for the best if I just count the weight coming of since january 1st. I did a shitload of work regarding my mental health last year and even if I, obviously, wanted a ton of weight to come of - it didn't. For whatever reason. I did however get rid of alot of emotional weight. I mean...I can eat without anxiety now, I don't binge like I used to and I sure as heck don't eat out of emotion, any kind of them. Therefore I feel much better about myself now. I also started up a workout regim that is working wonderfully for me as it is now. I know I get in three times per week every week and it feels good. My goal is to get something else in on fridays but right now there are some issues with my body so I can't go swimming as I want to. But I'll get there eventually.

And if I do som number crunching I see that I've lost 0,7 kg per week since the year started. That gives around 1.5 lbs per week. It feels doable. It feels stable. And I feel like I can keep doing it. If I just keep going the way it is now I will get to where I want to go. No problems. And time I have. :) And if I manage to keep this pace I will have lost another 8,4 kg/ 18.5 lbs until the end of May when I need to order my dress and that will give a total of 14,7 kg/32 lbs. It feels good. Really good. 

Ok, so on to food! Last week was hell! I did super great regarding FOOD but junk? Oh man, did I have to much of it! I had something sweet every day of last week. I don't know if it had something to do with Aunt Flo coming along friday or what, but it isn't good. And right now I'm not sure what to do about it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks regarding chasing away the sugar monster? Because right now I'm stumped. I know it isn't all about will power but come on! I can't bang my head bloody against a wall all the time. Or....well...I can but I will end up with horibla headaches and I become quite the bitch when I'm in pain...so myeah....

• Like 2
On 2017-03-17 at 2:18 PM, turboseize said:

It has been more than a week since your last update. @Adrianne, report immediately! :beaten:

Omg I can't belive how you manage to keep track of me like this!? It's insane! And slightly flattering also. :P

I don't really know where to start. I thought I was doing good. I had lost a ton of weight and I felt amazing. Then last week happened. I lost the grip, stopped the fasting, ate a ton of bread and gained what feels like a ton of weight. I haven't stepped on the scale because I promised myself to keep it down as much as I could (once a month I think I promised myself earlier...?) and just feel how my body feels. I know I'm bloated. All this bread is getting to me and I'm getting more hungry the more bread I eat. I need to kick it. Fast. Did a huge load of crock pot chili yesterday, that should take me over half the week at least. And I have the rest of the weeks foods planned already, we are going food shopping tonight for the rest of the stuff that is needed.

Regarding working out I'm doing great! Got 3 times a week down now, I feel sluggish if I miss a day of weight lifting. Today it is dance time, it's a perfect way to soften up the body and mind for the coming week and I will keep doing it. It's a perfect monday workout. Tomorrrow it's time to lift again, I'm having gains that are super sweet! Need to work on my deadlift a bit, lost some pwr there, but at least I can lift 50 kg about now. My goal is 80 kg. Not soon, but eventually. And when it comes to squats I'm doing them reversed with weights, layingon my back and pushing a platform with the bar and weights on that. Easier on my poor ankle that's busten. I manage 120 kg there right now, the goal is 140 kg. I've also started doing super easy weighted squats in a machine, se below. That way I can still stay assisted and manage to get down to a 90 degree angle of my knees without keeling over one way or the other. So I'm getting there. :)

power-rack.jpg

How are things otherwise then? Well, I'm starting to feel the sweat coming for everything regarding the wedding. We went to take a look at the venue yesterday and apparently they have cut down like half the trees on the property so it looks aweful now. I hope they do something about it later on because...man...it's ugly right now. But hey! You can't win them al. :P

I did however spend this saturday in the Capital (Stockholm) with my support personel, AKA brides maids, hunting for dresses for them. Well...hunting is the wrong word. We heard news about there being an outlet for party dresses at a location saturday so we decided to go, just to do something together. They had posted on the facebook-event that they adviced people from coming first thing in the morning due to the hysteria that usually arose then. Because of that we took our time, had lunch and went there around 1 pm. And it was HYSTERICAL! I kid you not, there were fights breaking out in the que! It was insane. But when we eventually got into the venue, like after 40 min waiting in line, we did end up finding two matching dresses for my friends that they really liked. For a bargain price. So it's all good! :D And we went for icecream after that...I'm happy with how the day turned out. I belive I walked around 20000 steps or something....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Adrianne said:

Omg I can't belive how you manage to keep track of me like this!? It's insane! And slightly flattering also. :P

I was an army officer. I am not very talented at neither physical labour nor intellectual work, but I DO have an outstanding ability for getting people to work and supervising them. :D

I don't really know where to start. I thought I was doing good. I had lost a ton of weight and I felt amazing. Then last week happened. I lost the grip, stopped the fasting, ate a ton of bread and gained what feels like a ton of weight. I haven't stepped on the scale because I promised myself to keep it down as much as I could (once a month I think I promised myself earlier...?) and just feel how my body feels. I know I'm bloated. All this bread is getting to me and I'm getting more hungry the more bread I eat. I need to kick it. Fast. Did a huge load of crock pot chili yesterday, that should take me over half the week at least. And I have the rest of the weeks foods planned already, we are going food shopping tonight for the rest of the stuff that is needed.

If you are working out intensely, you might need more carbs in your diet. Cravings usually are a sign that your body is missing something. Personally, I have also experienced this. Once the weights got really heavy and I was still sticking to a thrice-a-week-workout schedule, I needed more carbs in my diet to be able to recover fully.
However, white bread with it's high glycemic index is no real solution for this... Get rid of the bread and rather have a bit more rice or potatoes or buckwheat with your normal dishes.

Regarding working out I'm doing great! Got 3 times a week down now, I feel sluggish if I miss a day of weight lifting. Today it is dance time, it's a perfect way to soften up the body and mind for the coming week and I will keep doing it. It's a perfect monday workout. Tomorrrow it's time to lift again, I'm having gains that are super sweet! Need to work on my deadlift a bit, lost some pwr there, but at least I can lift 50 kg about now. My goal is 80 kg. Not soon, but eventually.
And when it comes to squats I'm doing them reversed with weights, layingon my back and pushing a platform with the bar and weights on that. Easier on my poor ankle that's busten. I manage 120 kg there right now, the goal is 140 kg.

So that's leg presses? Hmm, strengthening the legs, but as you do not have to stabilise your body, you are missing out on the tremendous benefits of the true squat as a whole-body exercise.

The picture shows a squat rack. That is good. I hope you are not talking about a smith machine (where the bar can only move on a fixed path)... That would be the worst you could do. 
So, if you are doing light squats in a squat rack to work on form, balance and monility, great. But you should definitely go PAST the 90° bend at the knees. Yes, people have been told not to go deeper during the 90s, but that was bullshit and very harmful advice. You need to squat parallel, i.e. the crease of the hip below the knee. That is much more healthy for your knees, as only this deep are the hamstrings fully activated, and shear forces of the knee balanced. 

• Like 1