Beast training 2.0

Thewolf88

Hi guys I'm still pushing for my goal for the with the Reserves - I will earn my green beret :-D

Right so this month is going to be a lot more strength training focused along with more endurance runs. After completing a 10k obstacle course in march I'm looking at doing a 10 mile (16k) obstacle course in the summer.

I am still going to be swimming 3 times a week, still doing martial arts and military fitness, but really looking at building on my running this month and switching the focus from speed e.g. trying to increase the speed which I run a set distance to endurance e.g. increasing the time I can run without having to stop. I do have a fairly good level of cardio built up over the last 10 months since I started training but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

So the goal is to increase my runs from 2 a week to three but only do one run against time and use the other 2 to increase endurance.

Each of these runs will be without stopping or walking (must be non-stop running)

2 x 30 min run week 1

2 x 40 min runs week 2

2 x 50 min runs week 3 

2 x 60 min runs week 4

Second challenge is eat a paleo diet while doing intermittent fasting

And my 3rd challenge is to try to update you all following me on here with my daily progress.

• Like 2

Hi Wolf!

Good to have ya back! You could prolly sub 1 run each week and do sprints instead? It builds up a whole new world of cardio hitting your anerobic and aerobic capacities. The best part about sprints, is you only need 15-20 min of sprinting and resting to see the full effects :)

A good example:

Set the timer for 15 minutes. Sprint 40 yards, rest 2-3 min. Rinse and repeat until time is up. DONE. 

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Hi wild yeah I did sprint training yesterday with one of the military fitness instructors, we did alot of hill work too and a few short distances jogging as recovery... It was only an hour long session but definitely felt like I was working the wholr time haha... may switch out one of the runs to do this session every week instead   :-D 

Following

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus