• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PORKLE

PORKLE - doin' work...

GOALS

March 27th = SPRING LEAGUE ULTIMATE!

March 27th = CrossFit Affiliate Team tryouts!

Main goal is to perform like man-beast at above events.

Lesser goal is to use resulting man-beast-ness to tempt women into dating me.

PLAN

quit sandbagging my MWF Crossfit workouts

quit eating fast food and ice cream

throwing practice with Ultimate teammates

go climbing outside at least once

try lead climbing at least once

finally start playing Torchlight

STATS

Weight: 195 (don't care about this in the slightest)

Vertical Leap: will test this Wednesday

Max Pullups: will test this Wednesday

Waist: 37 inches (this should get smaller)

March 1

Today I failed to accomplish anything except procrastination.

Luckily, procrastination lead to the Nerd Fitness forums... win?

Off to a great start!

March 1

Today I failed to accomplish anything except procrastination.

Luckily, procrastination lead to the Nerd Fitness forums... win?

Off to a great start!

Glad to have you Porkle.

Now get your act together!

-Steve

March 2

Class = snowed out YAY!

So I went to the gym. Workout was 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of power cleans and dead-hang pullups.

My goal was to not sandbag this workout. However, the suggested clean weight was 70% of a 1 rep max. I had no idea what my one rep max is so I went with 95 lbs. This was WAY too easy. The pullups sucked enough to make up for the cleans being easy. Finished in 12 minutes or so. Afterwards I worked on cleaning up my snatch.

Food-wise it wasn't good. Every meal was fast food (but I didn't have any snacks, so it could have been worse).

I'm going to test my vertical leap and max pullups tonight (March 3).

March 2

Class = snowed out YAY!

So I went to the gym. Workout was 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of power cleans and dead-hang pullups.

My goal was to not sandbag this workout. However, the suggested clean weight was 70% of a 1 rep max. I had no idea what my one rep max is so I went with 95 lbs. This was WAY too easy. The pullups sucked enough to make up for the cleans being easy. Finished in 12 minutes or so. Afterwards I worked on cleaning up my snatch.

Food-wise it wasn't good. Every meal was fast food (but I didn't have any snacks, so it could have been worse).

I'm going to test my vertical leap and max pullups tonight (March 3).

Did you seriously just type a sentence that said "Afterwards I worked on cleaning up my snatch."

The jokes pretty much write themselves from here on out.

-Steve

March 2

Afterwards I worked on cleaning up my snatch.

Personal hygene should never be overlooked in the name of fitness. Good work.

Edit: Dammit, Steve beat me to it.

March 2

Afterwards I worked on cleaning up my snatch.

Personal hygene should never be overlooked in the name of fitness. Good work.

Edit: Dammit, Steve beat me to it.

Bahahahahaha. TOO EASY!

-S

Hey Porkle.

Steve tells me you're a climber too. Cool! Where do you climb primarily? I see your goals and lead climbing is awesome. I'm sure you'll get that down. Let me know if I can be of any help. I'm doin the 28 Day Challenge thing too.

Neil

I just started climbing in October... we've only been at the indoor gym for now, mostly because I'm a cold-weather pansy.

Luckily I've made a bunch of friends at the gym and they've started teaching me to lead, so I'll probably head up into the Smokies with them soonish. I can't wait to climb actual rock, apparently it's much grippier and the exposure makes it more exciting.

How about yourself? I know nothing about climbing spots in NJ.

March 3

Rest day! Food fail...

March 4

Last day of midterms, so rest day... I will redouble my efforts by lifting and climbing tomorrow!

Studying = stress-eating today.

Me <3 Zaxby's

Let's say you don't live in a mountainous area and don't have a lot of spare cash...

How would you work out to be a climber? Seriously. I used to do some free-face stuff but just because I was already in shape from hockey. I remember feeling like my chest was on fire sometimes and the awesome burn in my abs. I liked those feelings. Any tips?

-Don-

Another Climber chiming in! I live in Austin and its an awesome city for climbing. We have 2 prime spots a 5-10 minute drive away from downtown.

I love lead climbing. The extra mental challenge of always being above your protection really pumps me up. And the satisfaction of leading a climb for the first time is just so much better than top roping if for the first time.

Good luck on your challenge!

March 5

Slept in, late for work. So I skipped breakfast and didn't pack lunch = large Firehouse Italian. Oh well, once a month isn't bad compared to my previous habits.

Dinner was two original chickfila sandwiches because I was on the way to go climbing. Sadly did not have time to hit Crossfit. But when I was done climbing, I was pretty frickin tired.

I'll write this up as a C-.

March 6

All video games and sports on TV. Entire pizza and bar burger... but no beer.

This is a D.

oh dear. hoping to see some A's on your report card before end of month...

not that i can talk. have failed miserably so far.

March 7

FINALLY got out to the park and threw (Ultimate Frisbee) with the homies. This entailed a run there (1 mi) and walk back. Feeling great about my conditioning, feeling pretty weaksauce on my throws... and my right arm hurts now. But I did not sunburn YAY!!!

Foodwise I ate all the leftover salmon with an ice cream dessert and snacked on some cheerios and banana.

Pretty solid B, IMO.

March 8

Good day for doin stuff, bad day for breathing. ALLERGY FAIL.

Food was pretty normal, which is to say not that great. Is it negating my climbing session if I go to Chikfila before hand? I mean, it doesn't negate the fun (today I was the one dude hanging with four ladies) or the improvements in climbing - but it might cancel out the waistline benefits.

Anyway, other meal was ham & mustard on wheat and then the usual sausage biscuit breakfast (must buy bigass shake ingredients ASAP).

Also made it to Crossfit. Owwwwww. Today was a 15 minute workout, try for max rounds of 5 clean and press (105 lbs), 10 pushups and 15 back extensions. This is everything I'm horrible at in one workout. Only got 3ish rounds but I definitely improved my clean. It just snaps up to my neck now!!!

OTHER NEWS - all my lady prospects are emotionally unavailable after their relationships ended poorly. Some people suggest patient friendship (the ladies) and others suggest bringing them faux comfort & wine in a transparent attempt at becoming the "rebound guy" (the dudes). I'm going with patient friendship, mostly because I'm scared of making first moves.

I've found patient friend works out well. Not that I can say I know a lot about it, but it gave me the opportunity to be the rebound guy a couple of times, and then finally find my current fiancé for whom I wasn't the rebound guy. Plus, even if it doesn't work out with them, they usually try to set you up with one of their friends :-)

Great job on the workout, keep it up!

Not to turn this into a dating thread but...

The patient friend thing is just as dishonest as the faux comfort and wine thing if you're actually planning on dating these people later. It's just a lie with a schedule. Why not just ask them out on a real date? If they've gotten out of a bad relationship, keep it low pressure, just take her out and make sure she has a good time. If she's not ready, or emotionally unavailable, or whatever, then be friends, but at least get the sexual tension acknowledged right out front so if it comes up later, you haven't been misleading with your intentions. All of the close female friends I've met since college I've taken on at least one date. Whether it leads to more or not (and it does pretty often, I'm not setting you up for failure here), it eliminates that weird, 80's movie best friend with a crush thing that's really unhealthy.

Just my 2 cents

maybe I should add a dating section...

naw, not yet. But someday.

Nerd Fitness will become an army of super intelligent, really really ridiculously good looking people who are also great with the opposite sex.

The world won't know what to do with us.

-S

March 9

OMG TEH ALLERGIES! Head feel like brick, me stupid now...

Food - It could have been worse... but I had fast food twice and ice cream twice.

Exercise - Today was a rest day but I ended up washing my car, the dog and mowing the lawn.

C+

March 11-13

Thursday I went climbing which was pleasant as usual.

Friday I hit up Crossfit... this was a fun one:

400m run, 80 55lb kettlebell swings, 20 pullups

400m run, 40 55lb kettlebell swings, 10 pullups

400m run, 20 55lb kettlebell swings, 5 pullups

22 minutes... strangely enough my forearms/grip was the most tired.

Anyway today is a well deserved rest day. And we filled out our team for spring league frisbee!!!

However, I continue to fail at changing my eating habits.

I give it a B-, mostly cause I hit the Crossfit workout HARD.

Sign in to follow this