• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PORKLE

PORKLE - doin' work...

March 15

So Sunday I was entirely useless. Hangover + time change. F---

Monday I slept in REALLY late then had Firehouse. I did manage a workout and decent dinner though...

4 rounds of 15 back extensions, knees2elbows and 65 lb overhead squats. Took about 20 minutes.

This was not a good workout. Other folks were getting 6ish rounds in those 20 minutes. Mostly cause overhead squats are hard (they stress my wrists and my back) but that's the price I pay to improve my flexibility. Also, turns out that doing 10 back extensions in a warmup does not prepare you for a back extensions in the workout.

Things I need to practice: pushups, back extensions.

B-

March 16

Rest day, all my food was terrible, still on a screwy sleep schedule. C

March 17

Skipped my workouts, all my food was bad, sleep schedule improving. C-

On a side note, I'm thinking about doing some intermittent fasting... I know I should improve my food quality first but the IF seems pretty easy for me and I'm heard rumors of people getting good results using it (both fat loss and energy/wellness).

March 18

Food was much better (volume and quality). I've upgraded from the Double Stack to the Original Chik-fil-a sandwich and Mom is back to cooking (leftovers for breakfast YAY). Also it was max deadlift day at the gym. I did a bunch of 225s as a warmup then one-repped 275, 305, 315, 325, 335, 345, 350. So I didn't get a PR but I lifted much heavier overall and with better form. Today is a B (sleep is getting back to normal).

March 19

Sleep was good. Food was reasonable (I got pizza with Chris before climbing) and climbing was okay. B-

March 20

Finally... went to bed at 12:30 and up at 9:30. I'm BACK. Also, Mom cooking all day.

Drove in to the gym for this workout: MURPH.

Run a mile. Do 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats. Run a mile.

It's time capped at 50 minutes.

So the mile runs weren't an issue. However, the 200 pushups were. I was doing 20 rounds of 5-10-15. And I needed each round to be 90 seconds or less. However, they started taking too long cause of the pushups. So I stopped at ten rounds. Time: 40 min, meaning I probably could have finished in an hour.

Pushups/dips are now officially my weakest exercise. I am instituting some sort of pushup system at work and home so that this situation improves ASAP.

Today is a solid A.

Sign in to follow this