Trying that soft-cup thing..

chammy

yeah- my boyfriend complains/jokes that P Tracker (I reluctantly broke down and told him I had it in my phone) should be able to be set up to send emails to people (or notify yourself) that you are getting ready to start- so he can have fair warning LOL.

Yeah uber bitch psycho bitch mode would probably be the best way to describe it for me.  And yeah- chocolate- I yearn and ache for chocolate.  it's bad.

i want a hysterectomy SO BAD.  :(

I need to see if CVS/Rite Aid has these things- I'm due to start this week!!!

I tried using a Diva cup but didn't really love it. I have kept it around though because when I go on week long back country trips you don't really want to be carrying around used tampons but you can't just ditch them. Luckily only had to use it for a couple days on one go. I don't really love it...

Sandree

Level Two Elven Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

Challenge Thread

I tried using a Diva cup but didn't really love it. I have kept it around though because when I go on week long back country trips you don't really want to be carrying around used tampons but you can't just ditch them. Luckily only had to use it for a couple days on one go. I don't really love it...

Ugh I so did that with tampons!! BRUTAL NASTY!  Never even thought of the cup as an option.  How do you clean it thoroughly??

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

So I decided hearing everybody's positive ravings I am going to dust of my cup and give it another go.  I haven't had to fight off a yeasty in years, so hopefully the chain is broken and I won't have the problem anymore?  We'll see! If I end up with an infection again I am officially pitching the thing.  

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

How do you clean it thoroughly??

Go to an adult store(online or physical) and get a sex toy spray. Rinse the cup with water while using it and at the end of the few days you need it, spray with the cleaner, leave it sit for a min or two (as per instruction) and rinse clean then air dry. If you are REALLY concerned you could clean it nightly but I have found this unnecessary and I would be more concerned about messing with PH and cleaning products. 

Fight now, cry later.

Ugh I so did that with tampons!! BRUTAL NASTY!  Never even thought of the cup as an option.  How do you clean it thoroughly??

I boil it to disinfect it between cycles, right before using it again (so it doesn't have time to get bacteria before I use it), and during a cycle I take it out, empty it, and usually either just rinse it out or use baby or vaginal soap. In public restrooms, I just wipe it off with toilet paper and put it back, and clean it once I'm home.

I guess you could boil it again during your cycle if you wanted. I also know women who put it in the dishwasher, which also works for sex toys, but some people feel icky about putting it with their dishes (even though the heat completely disinfects it so the dishes are safe. And think about it, if it was bad enough to make your dishes not clean, you wouldn't want to put it inside of you!)

Most of my back country adventuring has rivers and streams near by so I just bring an eco friendly cleaner with me so it is easy to boil some water and clean it that way. A lot easier to carry around a little thing of cleaner then old tampons. Then I just gave it a REALLY good clean when I got back home. Even just a really good boil would do ok in a pinch. 

Sandree

Level Two Elven Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

Challenge Thread

When I was in Nepal, I just rinsed it off with my drinking water once a day, or in the shower, depending on how I was feeling.  (The drinking water is safe, but is sometimes hard on the tummies of those of us who aren't used to it, so I used chlorine pills in my drinking water.)

My vag survived the experience perfectly well!

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

I boil it to disinfect it between cycles, right before using it again (so it doesn't have time to get bacteria before I use it), and during a cycle I take it out, empty it, and usually either just rinse it out or use baby or vaginal soap. In public restrooms, I just wipe it off with toilet paper and put it back, and clean it once I'm home.

I guess you could boil it again during your cycle if you wanted. I also know women who put it in the dishwasher, which also works for sex toys, but some people feel icky about putting it with their dishes (even though the heat completely disinfects it so the dishes are safe. And think about it, if it was bad enough to make your dishes not clean, you wouldn't want to put it inside of you!)

D'oh, I thought you were asking how to clean it thoroughly in general, not while camping! Silly me.

LOL I was like yeah... you must go camping different places then me! I definitely don't have a dish washer. 

When I was in Nepal, I just rinsed it off with my drinking water once a day, or in the shower, depending on how I was feeling.  (The drinking water is safe, but is sometimes hard on the tummies of those of us who aren't used to it, so I used chlorine pills in my drinking water.)

My vag survived the experience perfectly well!

Most of my back country adventuring has rivers and streams near by so I just bring an eco friendly cleaner with me so it is easy to boil some water and clean it that way. A lot easier to carry around a little thing of cleaner then old tampons. Then I just gave it a REALLY good clean when I got back home. Even just a really good boil would do ok in a pinch. 

You're so right.  I am trying this if it ever comes up again.  Thanks ladies!

LOL I was like yeah... you must go camping different places then me! I definitely don't have a dish washer. 

I camp at hotels- so I would make do with washing in the sink if I were to have one. :D

fuck that nature camping back pack shit.  no thank you.  You all can have that.  I'm by no means a prissy girl- but I hate that shit.  

I camp at hotels- so I would make do with washing in the sink if I were to have one. :D

fuck that nature camping back pack shit.  no thank you.  You all can have that.  I'm by no means a prissy girl- but I hate that shit.  

Say waaaaa?? You're missing out!  Nothing but you, the quiet lake, the sound of loons calling.  The smell of roasting food on the fire!  No  honking horns or car alarms. Just you, your canoe, and fresh quiet peace.  Love at first paddle.  

you hold us very close to your..... whoha.

that's touching.

:)  vagina warming as it were.  

tee hee hee..> I can't wait to get one- I'm going to not be able to insert it b/c I'll be laughing to hard and trying to not be thinking about nerdfitness

Laughed for like an hour here.  

Say waaaaa?? You're missing out!  Nothing but you, the quiet lake, the sound of loons calling.  The smell of roasting food on the fire!  No  honking horns or car alarms. Just you, your canoe, and fresh quiet peace.  Love at first paddle.  

yeah no thanks.  I love riding my horse- and I spent a great deal of time doing those things- packing on horse back.  But you know- I'm over that- I'll spend a day- AT MOST two (so one over night)... otherwise... nope. I have no interest.  I like the quiet of my porch in a rain storm- or the quiet hum of my motorcycle (or not so quiet rather)... otherwise- I just want to hang out sew and watch bad TV. :)

Laughed for like an hour here.  

I am to please ;)