Hello Assassins, I'm back!!! Well, actually... I'm in Uganda... But I think I've emerged from my recent rage stress spiral. Also, my internet access is surprisingly good (except apparently, I'm unable to post gifs.... Grrrrrr)? So, it's time to resume my badassery... And who better to learn from than the Dragon of the West? Uncle Iroh and his wisdom will be my guide!

Main Quest - Resilient and Radiant

"No! Zuko! You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."

I'll talk more about this during the challenge, but my mental strength and spiritual health are my focus. My healthy choices will continue to rebuild me into the awesome badass woman that I am meant to be. 

"You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place."

Moving - enjoy some type of movement every day for at least two minutes

"A man needs his rest."

Rest - electronics off for 60 minutes before bed

"Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing."

Tea and Breathing - tea is an opportunity to mindfully enjoy one of my favorite things

image.jpeg

• Like 11

Love as thou wilt.

Yayyyyyy you're back on the forums :)

You ARE an awesome badass woman already!! 

I'm just settling in to see the more to come ;)

And for the support of course :love_heart:

• Like 4

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

woah, congrats!!! So jelly and happy for you :love-struck::cheerful:

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

10 hours ago, Calibre said:

Shay Shay Shay!!!!

You KNOW you've got me in your corner!!!

So very glad to see you getting things brought out of utter chaos and brought back to the world of the awesome :) 

Day 0 checked out pretty well and very excited that you're going to Camp, sounds like it'll be fun.

Subbed, stalking and supporting ;) 

Wooooooo! Let's do this.

10 hours ago, Platzhalter said:

Didn't know you before but your theme is great and you appear to be nice so I'll just follow you :)

Yay, welcome. :)

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Day 1 

Moving - walked to, around, and from the local mall

Rest - electronics off 1 hour before sleep - read some on Uganda's political history and then meditated

Tea and Breathing - much tea and breathing yesterday, finished the "self esteem" pack in headspace and did a bonus 20 minute meditation before bed

Managed to cook chicken in an oven with no temperature controls yesterday to serve with all the veggies I have hunter gathered. Quite proud of international meal prep skillz.

Today it's back to "work" at Mulago. One goal is to find the next place I will stay. I'm only able to use this room until next weekend, so today I'm visiting a new prospect for my last two weeks in the morning. I really also need to go find the mysterious Susan who can get me fully plugged in around here. I hear she's not the warmest and fuzziest though, so I'm a bit scared!

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Be brave, she might be human after all ;)

Best of luck for your room search!

• Like 2

Please, you can track down this mystery Susan AND quell the beast within her with nothing but your winning personality.

Happy (that means jealous) that you will get to go to camp.  Would so love to meet all the nerds face-to-face. Plus, it always sounds like a lot of fun.  Camp will be even better with you there!

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

UGANDA!

so exciting, good luck finding a place to stay for the next 2 weeks!

and also, I love Iroh, I love Tea, and I love YOU, so I'm so glad these three things can be found in one topic. :) thank you for that.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

Good luck with mysterious Susan and appartment search!

3 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Be brave, she might be human after all ;)

Best of luck for your room search!

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

Please, you can track down this mystery Susan AND quell the beast within her with nothing but your winning personality.

Happy (that means jealous) that you will get to go to camp.  Would so love to meet all the nerds face-to-face. Plus, it always sounds like a lot of fun.  Camp will be even better with you there!

Susan didn't eat me. Apartment is adorable and booked.

Sooooooo excited for Camp. It's always good to have things to look forward to. ;)

3 hours ago, karinajean said:

UGANDA!

so exciting, good luck finding a place to stay for the next 2 weeks!

and also, I love Iroh, I love Tea, and I love YOU, so I'm so glad these three things can be found in one topic. :) thank you for that.

Thanks! Uganda is amazing, especially all the cool people here. :)

All the love. :love_heart: We must convince more people to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender!

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

On 4/4/2016 at 11:31 AM, annyshay said:

Hum ... I only watched the movie and may have to check out this show.  Thankfully, I think it is readily available via Netflix or Amazon ....

Watching your adventures and aspiring to be as brave as you someday!!

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

14 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Hum ... I only watched the movie and may have to check out this show.  Thankfully, I think it is readily available via Netflix or Amazon ....

Watching your adventures and aspiring to be as brave as you someday!!

The movie is LITERALLY THE WORST. Or so I'm told.  I have not watched the abomination. There are memes of ATLA fans rioting because of it. So bad. Watch the TV show. It's on Amazon prime, and it will blow your mind.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.