• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Challenge write up

Goal #1  Track Food and Water- The food tracking is great, water I did good at the beginning of the challenge, not as well near the end. Water is something I have trouble consistently doing. I'll make it a goal next challenge, and keep working on it

Goal #2 Turkish Get Ups 5 reps (each side) with 35 lb- complete_-I win the strong as bear  prize for this one

10 x 10 swings with 35 Lb in under 5 minutes- close about 5 :20, getting there, this is tricky because not only do I need to be bear strong I need to be nimble bear and do it with good form, so I am still working on all these pieces. Not working on it next challenge, but will pick it up again in the late summer/fall and will keep working on this goal

Goal 3 - Do something new- Well, I did find a new geocaching spot, overall this goal was way to wibbly wobbly, and not SMART at all. Sort of just a goal to have a goal.

Adventure goals; Having this list was really helpful. I ended up doing several things:

Adventure Goals:The idea isn't to get all of these done. Just ideas to help motivate me.

Pick out counter top paint

Shop for living room chairs

Finish planning San Francisco scrapbook

Finish S.F. scrapbook

Do a geocache puzzle

Look up a geocache quest- called geotours now, found a fun one in Fremont

Find 3 locations nearby to go caching-found a good spot with enough to keep us busy for a while

Find 2 location an hour or so nearby to go caching

Find 3 hikes

Find 2 fun local things to do

Make a meal for someone who is sick/just had a baby-signed up to bring a meal for a family with a new baby 

Volunteer somewhere

Look at travel blogs recommended in Level Up Your Life

Memorize Philippians 1:1-15 at verse 7

Finish Desiring God by John Piper overhalf way done

plan garden

order seeds

re-read parts of garden book- doing on an as needed basis

go geocaching  twice-once at beginning of challenge

walk somewhere different

go on a hike

hike to a waterfall

• Like 9

3 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Strong-like-a-bear-picture.jpg

8 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Great write up, EG!

1 hour ago, AthenaMM said:

Great challenge!

Thanks!

Haven't posted my new challenge yet, so I guess I'll post here.

Been working on making a new veggie garden in our front yard. We have some beds in the back yard, but they are shaded. So, last fall, I covered up some grass to kill it, so I could make a bed in the front. Hubby rototilled it last evening. Today I raked it and took out a gazillion rocks, though they are still a million left. Fertilized it and covered it with weed cloth. In about two week, I'll plant some tomatoes, basil and flowers and see what happens. 

I did a mini workout, practicing cartwheels and then shovelglove for 8 minutes.

I know what my goals are, just don't have any fun ideas for themes. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Haven't posted my new challenge yet, so I guess I'll post here.

Been working on making a new veggie garden in our front yard. We have some beds in the back yard, but they are shaded. So, last fall, I covered up some grass to kill it, so I could make a bed in the front. Hubby rototilled it last evening. Today I raked it and took out a gazillion rocks, though they are still a million left. Fertilized it and covered it with weed cloth. In about two week, I'll plant some tomatoes, basil and flowers and see what happens. 

I did a mini workout, practicing cartwheels and then shovelglove for 8 minutes.

I know what my goals are, just don't have any fun ideas for themes. 

Elastigirl Springs Into Action?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Elastigirl Springs Into Action?

That may work, it was your idea for the bear challenge last time, maybe I'll just have you  theme all my challenges:D

• Like 5

On 5/4/2016 at 9:49 PM, Elastigirl said:

That may work, it was your idea for the bear challenge last time, maybe I'll just have you  theme all my challenges:D

What are you currently reading or watching??  There might be something good in there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

What are you currently reading or watching??  There might be something good in there.

Sort of feeling like been there done that, done challenges of the shows I've watched, books don't really have any gifs to go with. Obviously, gifs aren't really a must, but they are fun and I enjoy them, so I'd like something I could have some pictures that go with.  I don't know, just waiting for something that inspires me. 

• Like 3

On 5/6/2016 at 9:13 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

How about... the Incredibles? Or a specific boardgame? But I have to admit I like the spring/flowers/sunshine idea.

:)I've actually done quite a few with the Incredible's theme

On 5/6/2016 at 9:56 AM, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

Pandemic?

I pondered that, but there are no funny pictures, and I couldn't figure out how to make it fit into my theme.  I still like the idea though, it may happen some day.

Ok, I am finally there and posting my new challenge.

• Like 1