• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ravis

Ravis's Cross-Class Campaign

So, here I am - ready and motivated for my first Challenge here. With Summer right around the corner, I decided that - as much of a warrior as I am at heart - that I needed to round out my routine some to shed the excess winter bulk and this came at the perfect time.

While deeply steeped in the Warrior class, I'll be working on increasing my endurance, agility, and mobility while maintaining (possibly increasing my strength), and I'm beyond excited to have the you Rangers here to guide me through this.  Very much Hulkish now - aiming to be more like Captain America. If you ever need anything moved around the guild hall, though, I'm your guy, haha.

I'm not going to just be focused on the physical, I'm adding in other things that I need to work on as well. 

I still need to play around with the quest system on here, but I'll be posting my dailies regardless - hopefully with equal parts motivation, insight, and humor.

And gifs. Lots of gifs.

giphy.gif

Physical:

• Strength: lift 6 days a week - three day split twice a week - 0 completed / 24 goal (0/24)
  • Agility: Stretch for at least 5 minutes before and after my lifts - something that I've been lacking severely in my training (0/24)
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (0/12)

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - (0/17 possible work days due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 0/27 (I do have 1 built in due to a good friend moving away and subsequent going away party)
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day, split into half days as to not have me say f it on my weekly cheat meal and make it a cheat day - 0/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4

Not sure if I'm taking on too much or not, but I figured what the hell

tumblr_m7ktjhxcsm1rziwwco1_400.gif

I'm so excited! Let's do this!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Already prepped food for Mon - Wed. Getting a jump start on this challenge - just have to survive a dodgeball end-of-season team party/awards ceremony tonight. Fun fact: my team is All Men Must Dodge (game of thrones theme), our team cheer is Fire and Blood (hence the tights), and we're all named after characters (I -far left- was dubbed The Mountain). Love me some sporty nerds!

dodgeball.jpg

• Like 3

Omg, it's such a blast and my team is absolutely amazing. The team awards party was...aggressive and I ended up passing out as soon as I got home from work yesterday to finish recovering...for 13 hours.

giphy.gif

Made up for the workout that I slept through last night this morning & will be logging my normal Tuesday one this afternoon. Can't be slipping on my goals! The captains do awards named after characters in the series. I'm proud to announce that I was voted to win the Gregor Clegane award for being a beast and (not so proud) the Theon Greyjoy award for Poor Decision Making and the Jon Snow award for Sleeping with the Enemy (I mean these go hand in hand - thanks, Vodka), lol.  Some of the others worth mentioning were the Caitlyn Stark award for most likely to go down fighting, the Ned Stark award for most likely to lose his head on the court, and the Shireen Baratheon award for being on fire (too soon?).

giphy.gif

By the Seven, I love my team, lol.

Without further adieu, here are my numbers as of this morning:

Physical:

• Strength: lift 6x/wk - 1 completed / 24 goal
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 1/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (0/12) - I'll be doing one today!

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - (1/17 possible work days due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 1/27 (omg, I don't even want to think about booze after the team award dinner on Sunday)
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt - get paid on Friday, so I'll hit some extra in savings then. Not gonna lie, I freaked out for a second when I saw both the airfare and initial camp charge on my credit card statement!

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 2/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4 -Probably Friday night or Saturday when I have a bit more time so I do more than meat + steamed veggie

There's talk of the DC NF group doing a meetup for a workout on Sunday morning, so I can't wait to meet them and get an extra workout in!

Basically how I feel about my numbers after today:

giphy.gif

side note: not sure why the gifs aren't working on my end. Probably bc of the computer I'm on. I'll come back in this afternoon when I get home and fix it.

• Like 1

back/bis/shoulders and run done. Much thanks to this song for some motivation near the end there:

but seriously, today's two-a-day got me like 
giphy.gif

No more putting off lifts! Bright side, I have an additional 500 calories to play with so I'm not too far below my burn rate for the day! Hellloooooo Avocado Ice Cream!

• Like 1

Love your goals! Sounds totally doable. On a side note, your dodgeball team sounds like a hoot! Looks like you're off to a great start, can't wait to see how the challenge goes for you!

• Like 1

G'mornin!

Wanted to post the numbers before work (so I have gifability, lol). End of day 2 has me at:

Physical:

• Strength: lift 6x/wk - 2 completed / 24 goal
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 2/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (1/12)

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - (2/17 possible work days due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 2/27 (omg, I  still don't even want to think about booze after the team award dinner on Sunday)
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt - get paid on Friday, so I'll hit some extra in savings then. Not gonna lie, I freaked out for a second when I saw both the airfare and initial camp charge on my credit card statement!

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 4/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4 - Lookin foward to the bacon meatloaf over in the campfire forum for this week's!

Today's leg day!  Allllllll the deadlifts!

Dm2utyM.gif
giphy.gif

• Like 3

Feeling pretty inhuman after leg day, so I had to rock my SHIELD shirt.

shield.gif

While I didn't set any PR's, that's not my main goal for this challenge. Really looking to increase the number of reps at a given weight. Hitting 10 reps at 285lbs for 5 sets on my deadlift is already an increase! Victory!

• Like 4

Ok, so call me an 80's baby, but whenever it's raining on a Thursday, all I can think of is Duran Duran's "Ordinary World."

Not gonna lie, after my 2-a-day on Tuesday, the last thing my body wanted yesterday was to lift. Honestly, I think I'd have bailed if it wasn't for the challenge. Yay, accountability!  Working out my weekend plans/dates and it's definitely a challenge to not say yes to bar hangouts. I know I could go and not drink, but I'd rather not risk it on the first weekend. Need to see a couple of weeks of results so I'm more motivated to say no to booze. That aside, I do have a dodgeball "combine" on Saturday in prep for the summer draft season and the DC NF meetup/workout on sunday. It's going to be cold and rainy, so I'm thinking lots of video games are in order (when are they not?).

Anyways, here are my numbers as of this morning.

Physical:

• Strength: 3 completed / 24 goal - legs status is currently jello
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 3/24, even throwing in some in-bed wake up stretches and it definitely helps wake me up/not be a complete zombie in the morning
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (1/12) - should be interesting to try and get one today during lunch. See above jello status.

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 3/17
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 3/27
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt - updated my budget spreadsheet. The money I'm forecasting to save by not eating out for lunch and not drinking plus the per diem for my work trip next week will totally help me hit this.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 6/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4 - tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow.

no gifs, sadly, because my computer at work doesn't support them. Nothing but the best!

So far, definitely on track. The weekend will be the real challenge. When I'm in the office, it's easy for me to hit my macros because I only eat what I take in with me. At home - totally different story. If I know I have food, I have 0 will power and I tend to just munch throughout the day.

• Like 2

It's 12:35 and my day has been so incredibly busy that I just realized I haven't eaten yet (NOT normal). This chart is my normal thought process: 

6358199600925018851605875297_enhanced-29

Once I get a minute to go warm up my lunch, I'll update my numbers. Silver lining: I guess this counts as intermittent fasting?

• Like 1

Lordy! Today was a heck of a day! So. So. Busy - which is better than being bored at the office! Also, for some reason, my brain went into super anxious mode last night and I only got about 3 hours of sleep, so at least I know I'll be getting some good sleep tonight! Pushing my new recipe goal for the week to tomorrow so I can actually pay attention.

Basically:

tumblr_inline_nvmp3pfSVw1rawgsk_500.gif

Buffy always gets me.

mmmmm....cookie dough (sorry, buffy reference).

DOMS from leg day on Wednesday hitting full force today - It's always two days out for me. Oh, and leg day is tomorrow? Perfect.

giphy.gif

These are for Day 4:

Physical:

• Strength: 4 completed / 24 goal - got a couple more reps in at body weight + 30lbs on my pull up!
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 4/24 - this hurts so good.
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (2/12)

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 4/17
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 4/27
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Work in progress. 

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 8/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4 - tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow. - again.
  • Like 2

Physical:

• Strength: 5 completed / 24 goal
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 5/24 - this hurts so good.
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (3/12)

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 5/17
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 5/27
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Work in progress. 

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 10/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4 - I did make a keto "cereal" this morning, but it was way too easy to actually count towards this, haha. 

Ugh, your calorie load is so boss. I'm barely squeaking above maintenance on my macros, and I feel like I'm constantly snacking. What do you mean, 7am isn't snack time? J5qoQlnpqE2D6.gif

Yes....if the bacon could just bring itself to me, that'd be perfect.

I also had some incredibly strange anxiety last night. Maybe there's a weird planetary alignment? Also, CAMP! CAAAAMP.

Happy Sunday!

I can't believe today's the last day of the first week!  I still need to do my recipe goal for the week, and with work travel coming up, I don't want to cook too much, so I'll need to find a recipe that I want that'll only make enough for 2-3 meals. That aside, I'm going on a monument walk with the DC NF Meetup group this morning, and I'm super stoked about that - despite it being in the 30's outside. Brr.

Can I just say that I love this challenge? I mean look at the numbers from non-challenge week last week compared to this week's - and that's not even including today's caloric burn!

cals.jpg

Like I burned more in 6 days this week - including monday's "let me pass out at 5pm and not wake up until the morning" slack day - than all of last week combined! @everanything, that's how I can eat up to 3k a day. I'll probably never drop below 1k below my daily burn, even it if means taking a tablespoon of coconut oil straight right before bed. Today, I'll most likely go above maintenance level because of a planned cheat meal - but (mental note) I will not beat myself up for having a cheat meal. 10 years of getting in shape, I still hear the 270lb Ravis in the back of my head sometimes. Usually easy enough to shake, but if my cheat's like real bad, then he tends to be a bit louder.

The walk today will help me hit my step goal (10k), and I get to meet some awesome nerds, so win win!  

I will say that I'm definitely feeling more solid from this week. Excited to see what happens over the next 3!

Physical:

• Strength: 6 completed / 24 goal - week 1 goal achieved!
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 6/24 - week 1 goal achieved!
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (3/12) - week 1 goal achieved!

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 5/17 - week 1 goal achieved!
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 6/27 - first weekend survived!!

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 12/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge)
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 0/4 - today, has to be today.
  • Like 2

Ooooooooofffffff. Another crazy day. I guess it's officially busy season - which is completely fine by me! At least I remembered to eat lunch before I got home, haha.

Physical:

• Strength: 6 completed / 24 goal - week 1 goal achieved!
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 6/24 - week 1 goal achieved!
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (3/12) - week 1 goal achieved!

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 6/17 - week 1 goal achieved!
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 7/27 - thanks to the DC NFers for s
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Honestly, this number won't be finalized until my paycheck on the 22nd.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 13/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge) - and my cheat yesterday was glorious. I've missed pineapple fried rice, haha.
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 1/4 - Gave this a shot (http://www.ruled.me/ham-and-cheese-keto-stromboli/ ) - definitely came out way too small to make it into a stomboli - I might have nuked the mozz too long and made it more difficult to fold it into the other ingredients. Also, did it half size because I knew I'd eat it all. It actually made a pretty good pizza crust instead, so I went that route. The tastes were definitely there! Just need to get it to work as intended.
  • Like 2

hrmmmm, I tried to edit it to finish the sentence I started about no booze and the awesomeness of the DC NF meetup group (totally supportive of my mimosaless brunch when I said that I was going booze free for the challenge), but I can't seem to edit. 

Welp, DC meetup group, you're amazing :)

Work trip Tues - Thurs this week and my coworkers are already way too excited about Cheesecake Factory for dinner tomorrow. I picked up a box of Quest bars (so good) and packed a bunch of Brazil nuts for the flight/if I'm in a pinch (i'm currently going high fat, medium protein, low carb - so the brazil nuts are perfect). I'll venture out solo or run to the grocery store tomorrow when I get there as to make sure I stay on plan.  Running to the gym at 0500 to get my lift in since I'm not sure what the gym situation will be there. Worst case, I can make Wednesday my rest day and lift when I get back on Thursday and push my workouts a day.

Thinking out loud, sorry, haha.

Did get a killer chest workout in today! Upped the reps on my bench pyramid:

225lb - 10 reps

275 - 5 reps (+2)

295 - 3 reps (+1)

275 - 4 reps (+1)

225 - 10 reps

This is the lifting end goal I'm looking for during this challenge, so yay!

And I'm back! miss me?

giphy.gif

I thought so!  Work travel had me totally out of pocket since Tuesday morning.  I stayed completely on track with my food, which is always a challenge on these trips. Definitely had to use my non-lift day yesterday (dammit) BUT that's kind of a good thing because the weekends allow me the time to get longer, higher quality workouts in!

Numbers through the end of today are (because I'm heading to bed soon and don't anticipate a 11pm pizza delivery, hah):

Physical:

• Strength: 9 completed / 24 goal  -  Went really light on my squats today, but totally bottomed out, went ass to grass, whatever you want to call it. Maybe 2-3 inches from the deck. Lordy, 12 reps of that with a pause at the bottom for 5 sets - LORDY. Obviously, I've been missing out on something here because my not only my legs were on fire, but my core, too.
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 9/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (4/12) - 2 more needed this week.

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 6/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 10/27 - not gonna lie, my coworkers' beers smelled really good last night at my work dinner, but I held out
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Honestly, this number won't be finalized until my paycheck on the 22nd.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 19/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge) - and my cheat yesterday was glorious. I've missed pineapple fried rice, haha.
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 1/4 - gotta start looking around to see what to make!

giphy.gif

Aaaaaaaand tomorrow's friday! 
giphy.gif

Feels good to be back. 
giphy.gif

• Like 2

(Quick thing, if you right click and open the edit function in a new window, it will work. I don't know why the pop-up isn't.) Good job with staying on track while out of town! I'm also able to hit ass-to-grass on most of my squats now, and you're not wrong; it uses all sorts of core and back muscles that aren't obvious when working out. And then you stop. And then there are DOMS. But you're still killing it, and resisting temptation! (I don't miss beer, but there was Cherry Pepsi at the movie party the other night, and it smelled so good.)

4E1Yw7cA5DYwU.gif

• Like 2