• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ravis

Ravis's Cross-Class Campaign

So, this is kinda big (which says a lot about me as a person, lol), but I survived the whole going away party last night without drinking! DC is a town of aggressively ambitious type A personalities. Everything we do here, we do it balls to the wall - drinking included. This city definitely attracts that kind of person - motivated and ambitious - perhaps overly so, just as Seattle attracts hipsters and LA brings in actors. Assuming I can make it the next few weeks, I'll definitely be getting extra credit on my no booze goal for the challenge.

tumblr_mqluc8IrQD1rziwwco1_500.gif

Physical:

• Strength: 11 completed / 24 goal  -  just as my legs start to recover from DOMs from thursday, it's leg day again
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 11/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (5/12) - I somehow survived a 10k yesterday and have dodgeball scouting today for the draft season coming up. 2 hours of it will definitely count as cardio. There are sprints, burpees, jumping - a good match is actually exhausting.

tumblr_lscx7kYwip1qg32ff.gif

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 7/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 12/27 
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Honestly, this number won't be finalized until my paycheck on the 22nd.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 21/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge). Slated for a cheat meal today, but I actually have no urge that I need to fulfill (food wise) today/this week.  
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 1/4 - I did get a new Vitamix, so I'm thinking it'll be a smoothie or soup recipe. I'm already in love with it. I have had a bad tendency to blow out blenders in the past - I feel like this one will be around for a while. Grocery store is on the way home from dodgeball, so I'll pick up ingredients then.

I did make the huge mistake of starting a new play through of FFVII (iOS so I can play on my metro in to/from work). I forgot how flawless this game is.  I'm almost done with disc 1, really focusing on things I didn't before - using/mastering materias that I rarely used before (Enemy skill being the main one - how the hell did I miss Meta Magic and Beta before?). I'm in a constant struggle between using my double AP weapons and the ones that do more damage. Ugh. I just need ONE mastered All materia to sell for 1.5Mil so I can be financially set for the rest of the game. Red XIII already has his 4th level limit break and I have Yuffie and Vincent - before the end of disc one. Chocobo breeding will be a big thing for me this time around. Not gonna lie, on my original playthrough, I used my game genie to get all the AP and materia. I know - lame. 

• Like 2

(Quick thing, if you right click and open the edit function in a new window, it will work. I don't know why the pop-up isn't.) Good job with staying on track while out of town! I'm also able to hit ass-to-grass on most of my squats now, and you're not wrong; it uses all sorts of core and back muscles that aren't obvious when working out. And then you stop. And then there are DOMS. But you're still killing it, and resisting temptation! (I don't miss beer, but there was Cherry Pepsi at the movie party the other night, and it smelled so good.)

4E1Yw7cA5DYwU.gif

ooooooooooo that could be it - I have my popup blocker engaged, so it could be having issue loading it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Pretty sure it wouldn't take 2 hours of it for it to count ;) looks like you had a great week! :) 

• Like 1

Need to get to the gym before rush hour! Quick post! I'll come back and add some body later

giphy.gif

get it? because shampooing adds body?

giphy.gif

I'm sorry.

Physical:

• Strength: 12 completed / 24 goal  -  Week 2 goal met!
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 12/24  -  Week 2 goal met!
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (6/12)   -  Week 2 goal met!

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 7/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)  -  Week 2 goal met!
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 13/27   -  Week 2 goal met!
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Honestly, this number won't be finalized until my paycheck on the 22nd.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 24/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge). Chips and salsa is my kryptonite.
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 2/4 - so I found a recipe for a cauliflower spinach soup. It tasted just like that. meh. Oh, and I have 4 more bowl fulls left to get through. Thank goodness for hot sauce. Lots of hot sauce. Can't win 'em all!
  • Like 2

I love spinach, but spinach soup sounds a little weird. Now, if you use cream spinach and put some cauliflower in it (but not other liquid).... I can imagine with the right seasoning that could be pretty tasty. Or/and put some diced bacon in it, that's definetely good.

• Like 1

I love spinach, but spinach soup sounds a little weird. Now, if you use cream spinach and put some cauliflower in it (but not other liquid).... I can imagine with the right seasoning that could be pretty tasty. Or/and put some diced bacon in it, that's definetely good.

lol, yeahhhh, I definitely should have known better, but the new Vitamix has me in its thrall. BLEND EVERYTHING!

Physical:

• Strength: 13 completed / 24 goal  - somehow am increasing strength AND muscle endurance during this challenge. More reps at a slightly lower weight AND was able to hit 315 on my bench again (all time 1RM is 365, but I jacked up my wrist a few months back and am still on the mend)
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 13/24 !
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (7/12) 

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 8/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 14/27 
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt.  Honestly, this number won't be finalized until my paycheck on the 22nd.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 26/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge). Chips and salsais my kryptonite.
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 2/4 - so I found a recipe for a cauliflower spinach soup. It tasted just like that. meh. Oh, and I have 4 more bowl fulls left to get through. Thank goodness for hot sauce. Lots of hot sauce. Can't win 'em all!

Overall, I'm really loving the accountability of this challenge. With my busy season at work starting up, it's going to be nice to have this extra motivation to get to the gym and get my workouts in. Food prep is going to be even more important since I'll have less free time to cook. This'll last until about Memorial Day:

tumblr_ngaujcw3DF1sf6f68o1_500.gif

at least the OT will be nice!

tumblr_lyz9o5TsTV1r9zf7xo1_500.gif

• Like 2

So, my future husband was at the gym yesterday. Nevermind that we haven't met or talked or anything like that and my ability to flirt is essentially like: 

200.gif

At least I was motivated to give a little extra effort - because apparently peacocking is a thing with humans (when the males show off to attract mates)?

Who am I kidding? It totally is.

200.gif

200.gif

Ok, Ok! Geeze. Here are my numbers as of end of day yesterday.

Physical:

• Strength: 14 completed / 24 goal  - Unscheduled rest day today BUT it's been a week since my last one. Just got some crappy sleep and was all over the place at work allllll day today, so I'm going to listen to my body & have a nice, big (healthy) dinner and crash early tonight. Usually I take Sunday or Monday as my rest day, but since I'm taking the season off from Football, it's nice to have the weekends for long lift sessions. This wednesday rest day thing might stick around for a bit.
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 14/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (8/12) 

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 9/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 15/27 
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 28/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge).
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 2/4 

Basically, me to my numbers right now:
200.gif

Now, let's rock the rest of Week 3!
779518488737812546.jpg

• Like 1

Not only males do that... ;) 

True, but testosterone intesifies everything. We men tend to push each other and peacocking is not exception to being competitive. "You are sexy, but watch me lift those 200 kg, then you'll want me even more than I want you!"

• Like 1

lol, I mean I think we all do it. I have mixed feels about if he were to see me on chest day (my best lifts) - it'd either really turn him on to see me bench 315lbs or scare him. I get a fair bit of both reactions - only time will tell, lol.

Apparently the rest day yesterday was needed. I was passed out cold for the night at 8pm. I did get up a bit early and get a 30 minute HIIT session in, which actually completes my cardio goal for the week (I'll still get another session or two in bc of the weekend)!

Quick post bc I have a meeting in a few minutes.

Physical:

• Strength: 14 completed / 24 goal  
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 14/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (9/12) 

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 10/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 16/27 
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 30/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge).

Also, I mastered my second ALL material in FF7 last night. helllloooooooooooooooooo 1,400,000 gil!  I'd like to think I'm set for the rest of the game, but we'll see, haha. The metro trip to/from work is too short to actually work on the plot line, so I just grind AP/limits, which is awesome, haha. Now, to find Slash All so I can pair that with Odin with Added Effect (for insta-kill)....

It's good to have goals, haha.

• Like 1

I feel like this is becoming more of a tracking for my FFVII replay, lol. Got my gold chocobo last night - and I pretty much just started Disc 2. About level 50 and have 3 mastered ALL's, so I'm definitely set financially. Just going through and doing all the side quests/picking things up with goldie, now, then getting back to the main quest line. My chocobo pretty much wins all the races with minimal interaction on my part, so I can grind GP. Just need to pick up Omnislash from the battle grounds, but I need to figure out my strategy for that first. 

200.gif

Physical:

• Strength: 16 completed / 24 goal  - back/bis/shoulders today and legs tomorrow
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 16/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (9/12) - week 3 goal met! 

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 12/17 (17 possible due to a 3 day work trip)
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 18/27 
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt - so, I won't be able to hit this one. Between camp + airfare and some unexpected medical expenses (I'm fine!), it just isn't in the cards this month. Not mad about it though because I know, come September, it'll totally be worth it (that, and bills gotta get paid)!

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 34/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge).

Some of my football boys are doing the tough mudder in June. Toying with the idea of joining in. Definitely still up in the air, we'll see.  

It's dark and rainy here this weekend, so that means gym then lots of netflix/xbox/ffvii, which I'm completely okay with, haha

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I'm not dead! I promise!  Despite being insanely busy in and out of the office and a slight injury, I'm still in this!  Will post final numbers sunday evening!

• Like 2

First off, I wanted to thank all y'all for the support! Even when I disappeared this week, y'all were there! 

tumblr_inline_mh8byb7z9V1rpioiw.gif

Next, want to apologize for going MIA on week 4 of the challenge. I've hit peak busy season in my office and there's so much to do. My breaks and social time pretty much are my gym time and the occasional raid in Elder Scrolls online. So, with that, I'm making up for lost time and giving you a (perhaps overly) gif ridden post.

Physical:

• Strength: 20 completed / 24 goal  - After reigniting an injury from earlier in the year (though, not badly), I decided it'd be best to take the rest of this week off from lifting and not chance hurting myself again.
  • Agility: stretch before/after each lift - 20/24
  • Endurance: Run at least 3 miles or take a cycle class 3 times a week (14/12) - the extra time not being able to lift added a couple of runs! 

Adulting:

• Food prep so I don't have to buy lunch at work - 17/17 - it's amazing how much more on point you can be when your decisions are already made for you (or by you when you're not tempted by all the stuff at the store next to the office)
    tumblr_mk0tfsPdFD1rjtdvfo6_250.gif
  • No booze for duration of challenge - 28/27! I'm interested to see my credit card statement this month and compare it to my previous ones just to see how much I didn't spend at the bar! Looking forward to Tuesday when I hit a full month. No added bonus or anything, but it's a mental thing.
    tumblr_inline_mw5yngwxk21reheuf.gif
  • Put an additional $250 into savings than I normally do in a month while maintaining $0 credit card debt - so, I won't be able to hit this one. Between camp + airfare and some unexpected medical expenses (I'm fine!), it just isn't in the cards this month. Not mad about it though because I know, come September, it'll totally be worth it (that, and bills gotta get paid) - semi-win, I still remained in the black on my credit cards.

Noms:

• Eat to macros while consuming 2,500-3,000 cals/day - 49/52 (28 days * 2 available halves a day - 4 cheat meals during the challenge). With today being the last day of the challenge, I'm thinking I'm going to finish strong and stay on plan.
    tumblr_n8sekql7St1tghzbso1_250.gif
  • Learn one new recipe per week - 4/4 - so, for those of you who haven't heard of it yet, Quest Nutrition has some amazing products. My last two recipes used their all purpose "baking" protein powder to make protein flax pancakes and protein italian bread for sandwiches. It's nice to know that these things are back on the table (literally) even though it's summer cut time!
     485.gif

Overall, I'm happy with my performance this challenge. Mainly, with the complete cutting of alcohol. I love not completely throwing off my internal clock so I'm refreshed on Mondays, being able to be up and productive first thing on the weekends, and not having the regret of drunk pizza, lol. I just feel so much better and I know the extra progress I've made towards my summer goals has been in large part because of this. Thinking I'll continue this into/through May, with a couple of leniences. 

Congrats to all who finished the April challenge strong! Let's get ready for May!

12531491.gif

403.gif 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, High Lord of the Sith said:

Hey, do you have a new challenge up yet? Couldn't find it at least....

Hey buddy!

Thanks for checking in/calling me out (seriously).  Unofficially, yes. Still working to my goals and sticking to my numbers. With work being as it is until the 25th, I'm barely on here and am either doing work, at the gym, or in bed. I just didn't want to half-ass an official challenge, BUT I'll still make sure to post my LoL cosplay from Awesomecon on June 3rd! That'll definitely show if I've been slacking or not (hint: it doesn't involve a shirt, haha)!

• Like 2