I'm shifting into battle mode for a 100 day transformation. 

I had a pretty horrifying DEXA scan which put me at 26% bodyfat, I've put on a ton of weight since my last scan 8 months ago. 5kg of fat and 3kg of muscle. The muscle is obviously great but the fat is not good so I'm hitting a 100 challenge to transform this. 

Dates:

1 April to 11 July

Motivation:

I'm going on holiday to Europe for 5 weeks, I want to be in great shape for that. 

Nutrition Goals:

1. See the nutritionist every 2 weeks

2. No Alcohol for the first month

3. Count calories, stick to what the nutritionist advises

4. Get a DEXA scan once a month for accurate progress check

5. Get below 20% Bodyfat / drop 6-7kg of fat. 

Fitness goals

1. Achieve 10 chained Double Unders ( I may PvP this)

- Practice for at least 5 mins before each PT session.

- - Try to get 10 DU's in 5 mins, only chained DU's count and they ladder not add up, i.e. 2,3,4 so the best number i get is what i count for that session i.e. 2+2 is not 4 it's 2.

2. Get a bar muscle up

- Coach will program this for me.

3. Walk 100 miles (160km)

- Average 12km a week, should be easily achievable. 

4. Bodyweight Clean

- I haven't discussed this with my coach yet but I want it....

Rewards:

Month 1

If I get the whole month with no alcohol and have a good DEXA result I'll book a diving trip. There are 2 I have my eye on...

Month 2

TBA

Month 3

TBA

That's it for now, more later....

• Like 5

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day  -1

- Had a DEXA scan and met with the Nutritionist, set some nutrition goals and got a nice serve of reality check talking about what I've been eating and drinking recently. 

Day 1

- Hit my calorie goal of 1900 a day, found it hard to eat enough calories on real food. No alcohol, no sugar. 

Day 2

- Hit my calorie goal, no alcohol, no sugar. 

- Nutritionist also recommended getting some pre-made meals from a local PT who has started making and selling home-made Paleo style meals. I got 5 off him and tried one yesterday, really nice Balinese style coconut chicken curry with cauliflower rice. Yum! I'll be getting some more of those!

- PT 1 hour

3RM's

Back Squat - 85kg (stopped not failure)

DL - 110kg (stopped not failure)

DB Bench - 30kg (each DB) (failed at 35kg)

5x5

Strict Pullups - 5/5/5/3/4

Ring Dip negative - 5/5/5/5/5

Front rack lunge (bar only) - 5/5/5/5/5

I'm sick at the moment so took it pretty easy, had some sinus problems ever since my recent dive and very fatigued. Very gradually coming good but taking a long time. 

Day 3

- I've not been able to have protein powder in the past, gives me severe stomach cramps. Nutritionist recommended 2 different brands to try that have only WPI in them. Tried one for breakfast with natural yoghurt, very mild discomfort but nothing like what I had before and mild enough to easily put up with. I will try the other brand too but hopefully I have found a brand I can take at last :)

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm so amped on your behalf! This looks like a great quest! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Wow! Those are some pretty ambitious goals... but if you stick to your plan you might just be able to pull it off!

The part I think will be the clincher is getting the monthly DEXA scan. The nutritionist's plan is going to test your determination. When you end a tough month successfully but see awesome progress on the DEXA, those numbers are going to encourage you to keep going for the next month. And if you stray from the path, and the DEXA numbers show you have stagnated... its going to kick your ass into gear.

Thinking ahead for the future - do you have a plan to maintain your gains after the 100 days is over?

• Like 2

Welcome to the Battle Logs mate!

I'm also aiming to drop weight for a holiday at the same time. Best of luck to us both!

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

23 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm so amped on your behalf! This looks like a great quest! 

Thank you! I am quite excited, nervous at the same time though!

18 hours ago, zenLara said:

Keeping the focus for 100 days in a row is tough, but we know you can do it. You can go back to a weight you feel better with. We'll be here for support! 

Wish you will accomplish everything! 

Thanks Lara, so great to have you along :) It's not 100 days it's 7 days times 14, that is currently my mantra :D I've designed the goals to be S.M.A.R.T  so I can be held accountable and have specific targets to focus on.

17 hours ago, Yuen said:

Wow! Those are some pretty ambitious goals... but if you stick to your plan you might just be able to pull it off!

The part I think will be the clincher is getting the monthly DEXA scan. The nutritionist's plan is going to test your determination. When you end a tough month successfully but see awesome progress on the DEXA, those numbers are going to encourage you to keep going for the next month. And if you stray from the path, and the DEXA numbers show you have stagnated... its going to kick your ass into gear.

Thinking ahead for the future - do you have a plan to maintain your gains after the 100 days is over?

Yep, stick to the plan and be Porkins...wait that's not right I want to be slimkins :lol: Still i will 'stay on target' anyway!

You're right, I found the first few days tough, I have 2 things in mind, there is no hiding from a DEXA result and my nutritionist is quite scary so I want to impress her :lol:

13 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Welcome to the Battle Logs mate!

I'm also aiming to drop weight for a holiday at the same time. Best of luck to us both!

Thanks! Cool, you can do it! Go hard or go home! 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 4

PT - 1 hour

Strength Super Sets - 5 sets

5 Front Squats *60kg 

5 10 Ring Rows

Strength Super Sets - 5 sets

10 KB swings 24kg 10/10/10 28kg 10/10

8 RIng Pushups 8/8/6+2/5+3/4+3+1

Metcon 15 Min AMRAP (I got 4 rounds)

10 Cal AirDyne

30m sled push with 10kg load (i tried 20 and was too gassed)

10 burpees

This session was very hard, my energy levels are low at the moment because I'm still sick. The metcon in particular was a major slog, 4 rounds is a fair bit beow what I would normal get but hey some days are diamonds and some days are stones. At least I'm not injured and I'm still able to train, always grateful for that. 

Sent my food diary off to the nutritionist, I've done what she told me and this is my 4th day with no booze, made it through the weekend! 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Following to see you hit your first bar muscle up

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Lara wins the Internet for today

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

On 03/04/2016 at 7:26 PM, Yuen said:

Forgot to answer this part. I'm not sure really, I get the impression her plan is small incremental change. When we finished the session (only 1 so far) she ended it by saying 'and notice I haven't said anything about restricting chips and ice cream.' 

Basically main goal for now is to get calorie intake under control. Somehow I manage to forget how many calories are in the things I should be eating less frequently. Yesterday I succumbed to a packet of these bad boys:

img_1113.JPG

When I was in the store I checked the calories for a serving, didn't seem too bad. When I got home I weighed out a serving. It was about 12 chips (28g). I could easily eat a whole bag of regular potato chips with a couple of beers and they'd have even more calories in them. Anyway I weighed them out and ate only 1 serve, they were pretty good ;)

I dread to think how many calories are in a 'serve' of ice cream...

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 5 

Under my calorie goal and no alcohol.

Played squash tonight, won 3-1 and really enjoyed the games, very close with long rallies. 

Will be up early tomorrow to train as coach is not available on Thurs this week.  We're going to do a skills and mobility session, strangely more excited about that than I was for lifting....! 

I know it's only been 5 days but I feel like I'm less bloated and starting to drop some weight...... 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 6

PT - 1 hour

Skills 1 - EMOM - 5 rounds

- Double Unders (20 sec cap) 1/1/1/1/3

- Knees to Chest 5+3/5+3/5+3/5+3/5+3

- Jerk 20kg bar 4/4/4/4/4

- Overhead lunge 4x8kg/4x15kg/4x20kg/4/4

- Ring Dip negatives 4/4/4/4/4

Skills 2 

- Bar Muscle up (green band) - 1/1/1/1/x band snapped!!

- Back squat x3 with 3 sec pause at the bottom, 1cm off rock bottom. 3/3/3/3/3

Skills 3

Clean pull 40kg - 3/3/3/3/3

Wheels (on knees roll a bar in front and pull back with your lats) - 3/3/3/3/3

WHOOOOOOOHOOO i PR'd double unders! :D UP from 1 to 3, first time I've ever been able to chain :D

Bar MU and K2C practice were fun. I'm starting to kip better but need to work on consistency. I think a bar MU is a way off but I will keep at it, easier to keep at it when you enjoy something ;) 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

1 hour ago, BarefootDawsy said:

What the hell is this 100 Day challenge stuff? I guess I'll allow it since you're starting so well ;) Way to go on your double unders!

Well  hello there, you found me hiding in the logs!  Thanks for stopping by.

4 weeks is pish, not long enough for me, gave it a go but found I was just not bothering with the challenge. I'm not really sure why it got changed to 4 anyway, what about all that research Steve cited  previously saying a new habit takes 6 weeks to form. Huh huh? What about all the people that don't like their cheese being moved? Huh huh?! :lol:

DU's are proving to be very enjoyable, apart from the whip marks. I got an RPM 2.0 bare cable rope from http://www.thewodlife.com.au it makes them quite a bit easier. Seem to remember you were skipping a lot at one stage?

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

27 minutes ago, Endor said:

Well  hello there, you found me hiding in the logs!  Thanks for stopping by.

4 weeks is pish, not long enough for me, gave it a go but found I was just not bothering with the challenge. I'm not really sure why it got changed to 4 anyway, what about all that research Steve cited  previously saying a new habit takes 6 weeks to form. Huh huh? What about all the people that don't like their cheese being moved? Huh huh?! :lol:

DU's are proving to be very enjoyable, apart from the whip marks. I got an RPM 2.0 bare cable rope from http://www.thewodlife.com.au it makes them quite a bit easier. Seem to remember you were skipping a lot at one stage?

Those look pretty cool...I just use the plain jane one I stole from my kids. DUs are hard..I gave up bothering and just skipped more ;) 

Lol moved my cheese....haven't seen that book for a while :D

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

4 hours ago, Endor said:

I'm not really sure why it got changed to 4 anyway, what about all that research Steve cited  previously saying a new habit takes 6 weeks to form. Huh huh? What about all the people that don't like their cheese being moved? Huh huh?! :lol:

https://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/hbrc/2012/06/29/busting-the-21-days-habit-formation-myth/

"there were quite large differences between individuals in how quickly automaticity reached its peak, although everyone repeated their chosen behaviour daily: for one person it took just 18 days, and another did not get there in the 84 days [...]  The best estimate is 66 days, but it’s unwise to attempt to assign a number to this process".

:P:P:P

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Endor said:

44426967.jpg

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

9 hours ago, Endor said:

Where do we update signature these days? Can't find how to do it on the new site....

On the top right of the website, click the arrow next to your image and user name. From the drop down menu select "Account Settings". The new page will have various tabs on the left, including "Signature"

Lvl 60 Multitasker

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

On the top right of the website, click the arrow next to your image and user name. From the drop down menu select "Account Settings". The new page will have various tabs on the left, including "Signature"

I don't mind it is moved there, but shouldn't it be part of the profile?