Howdy Nerds!

New to Nerd Fitness. At a pretty low mental and physical point in my life. Been here before, but finding it hard to get energy, motivation, commit to change. You all know the drill.

So I've got the usual goals and drives (lose weight, gain strength, gain flexibility, blah blah)... but I'm giving myself a very specific 'vanity' goal - I wanna be able to dress up in the costume of Flemeth as she appears in Dragon Age III. So badass. 

I'm seeing this as a more realistic goal than to turn into a dragon. 

Anyway, hello and howdy and I hope to get some help getting started and find some buddies to help with accountability. If you like larping, video games, roleplaying, Dragon Age, The Witcher, and Baldur's Gate, then we'll get on swell. Drop me a line. It'd be nice to have some buddies to keep me coming back to this site and help me keep the habit. 

7 hours ago, Tala said:

Howdy Nerds!

New to Nerd Fitness. At a pretty low mental and physical point in my life. Been here before, but finding it hard to get energy, motivation, commit to change. You all know the drill.

So I've got the usual goals and drives (lose weight, gain strength, gain flexibility, blah blah)... but I'm giving myself a very specific 'vanity' goal - I wanna be able to dress up in the costume of Flemeth as she appears in Dragon Age III. So badass. 

I'm seeing this as a more realistic goal than to turn into a dragon. 

Anyway, hello and howdy and I hope to get some help getting started and find some buddies to help with accountability. If you like larping, video games, roleplaying, Dragon Age, The Witcher, and Baldur's Gate, then we'll get on swell. Drop me a line. It'd be nice to have some buddies to keep me coming back to this site and help me keep the habit. 

Hi Tala,

Welcome to the rebellion! I just joined a few weeks back, completed 1 challenge. Like you my goals are losing weight and gaining strength and I too hope this will help me with cosplay; I'm leaning more toward superheroes, but a fantasy-creature like a faun would be cool too.

I have never played Dragon Age, but it sounds like a cool game (I loved BioWare's Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic).

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Allycat2407 said:

Hi Tala,

Welcome to the rebellion! I just joined a few weeks back, completed 1 challenge. Like you my goals are losing weight and gaining strength and I too hope this will help me with cosplay; I'm leaning more toward superheroes, but a fantasy-creature like a faun would be cool too.

I have never played Dragon Age, but it sounds like a cool game (I loved BioWare's Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic).

Thank you!! :D I've seen some gorgous faun costumes out there! I do larping as a hobby so there's scope for alll kindsa wild costuming there. At the moment I just play a noblewoman so it's kinda medieval-ish inspired, but I have plans for more fantastic costumes down the track.

Oh man... I really really really recommend the Dragon Age trillogy. You can get Dragon Age Origins (the first one) super cheap on Steam these days.  If you get it, let me know so I can hear how you're enjoying the story!

• Like 2

Welcome!  I play Skyrim, and have looked at Dragon Age, but am worried about content. Is it a "safe"game?  ( Main worries are sex, nudity.  Have a young-ish son.)

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

On April 3, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Tala said:

I wanna be able to dress up in the costume of Flemeth as she appears in Dragon Age III. So badass. 

I'd love to be Be able to pull off Black Widow.  You know, without making folks want to barf.....

• Like 1

-Björn Járnhamar

17 hours ago, Rinna said:

Welcome!  I play Skyrim, and have looked at Dragon Age, but am worried about content. Is it a "safe"game?  ( Main worries are sex, nudity.  Have a young-ish son.)

Hey Rinna! Thanks for the welcome! Setting a goal of feeling awesome wen you dress up as Black Widow sounds like a good thing to aim for - screw what other people think! <3 It's how YOU feel in the costume that matters <3

Dragon Age does have romance and some adult themes.  Not sure what the actual raiting is but there is a bit of nudity in some of the sexy scenes - but it's a bit tame and if you don't follow the romance plots you may not see them.

6 hours ago, Tala said:

Hey Rinna! Thanks for the welcome! Setting a goal of feeling awesome wen you dress up as Black Widow sounds like a good thing to aim for - screw what other people think! <3 It's how YOU feel in the costume that matters <3

Dragon Age does have romance and some adult themes.  Not sure what the actual raiting is but there is a bit of nudity in some of the sexy scenes - but it's a bit tame and if you don't follow the romance plots you may not see them.

Good to know. He's 12 and curious/not curious, if you know what I mean. So maybe better wait.  Or hide it.....

• Like 1

-Björn Járnhamar