I've been lurking the site and absorbing as many articles as possible for a few weeks now, and I'm finally making myself get up the courage to post an introduction. While watching Star Trek for courage. I love netflix.

I've been on and off active for most of my life. I did a lot of performance art and children's theater in high school which was very high energy dancing and leaping. I was also becoming increasingly serious about training and competing my horse. When I went to college, I quit the theater and dancing and focused almost entirely on sporthorses. I rode a lot and got pretty good, did a lot of competitions, went to nationals, yadda yadda yadda. I started going the professional dressage trainer/instructor route after graduation, which was followed by a series of adventures and failures that ultimately ended me up in North Dakota.

I've been a runner on and off for a few years and am a huge proponent of barefoot running. And barefoot anything, really.

My life has been feeling stagnant lately. I need to set some exciting goals and outline my objectives to get there. I'm also trying to get into weight training for the first time ever and am excited about the prospects. I like to work out and work out hard, but I have trouble getting started. I definitely find myself scared out of my mind at the prospect of trying new things, but I suppose that's a good indication that I'm still alive!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune