• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rinna

Rinna's Reboot

Week 2 Day 3:  FAIL.  Not gonna happen today.  Today, the Dragon is winning. Just not feeling it, mentally or physically.  Still tracking, but know I'm gonna go over.  But it's only one day, and tomorrow will be better. Right?  It's gotta be. 

So, I've decided to name the Beast.  Here is what I've come up with: Tyrath the Destroyer.  Seems an appropriate Hell Dragon name. He destroys all in his path, sucking the light and life out of the world.  He's sneaking and insidious. But I'm opening up the floor to those with more imagination than me. Feel free to embelish, or suggest other Hell Dragon names.

It's going. Just managed to eacape Tyrath, only singed a little. Got back on track yesterday.  And today is a new day, right?

Greetings from fitbit land.  It took me a while, but I'm finally connecting the NF world with Bren's challenges.  Go get that dragon!  He looks fierce, but you are even more determined.  It's going to be a great week!

Hello suzyQlou!  It's hard finding people sometimes on here.  I lost Bren for a bit when NF revamped everything.  (I couldn't remember her NF name for the life of me)

Last week was a hard one.  Clinical depression sucks eggs.  But this week is so far going better.  (Esp if I ignore the 20 inches of snow outside!) 

• Like 1

Week 2 Days 4 & 5:  Day 4 went well, logged everything, worked out, etc  Day 5 was a bust.  Had to run errands and get groceries due to impending snow storm.  Glad I did, as Mother Nature dumped 20 inches of snow on us, and we were effectively trapped until today.  Weekend wasn't too productive due to weird abdominal pain.  Spent a lot of time resting and sleeping. 

So far: 

Week 1    A+

Week 2    B- or maybe C+, not sure

But, I lost a little of the weight, 2-3 pounds maybe (it fluctuates too much to know exactly)

• Like 1

3:1  It was a good day.  Well, except for all the snow. Got in my elliptical in--5 miles. And got my 10,000 steps.  Logged every bite, and stayed under my goal.  Woot.  Back on track after a rough weekend. 

• Like 2

3:2  Today was a damn good day. Got my 10,000 steps, plus 3.9 miles. Logged all foods.  Kept my calories down, and didn't feel terribly hungry.  And, for the first time I felt strong while working out. I mean, I felt good.  Yee haw. Score one for the team.

• Like 2

Glad to hear it Rinna.  Margaritas are good, but I usually just go straight for the tequila. haha.  I hope the rest of your week goes well.

Honestly, I have a weak spot for margaritas.  That's why I stay away from them. Tequila is evil stuff.  After all. "One tequila, two tequila, 3 tequila, floor. "

3:3  Day went well.  Went over on calories, but only a little.  Logged it all.  Got my steps plus 5 miles in.  Didn't avoid sugar, but stayed near my goal calorie wise.   And, bonus, I finally figured out how to get my fitbit to register my elliptical workout!  So now it says 5 miles instead of 2.something. Yay!  

• Like 2

3:3  Day went well.  Went over on calories, but only a little.  Logged it all.  Got my steps plus 5 miles in.  Didn't avoid sugar, but stayed near my goal calorie wise.   And, bonus, I finally figured out how to get my fitbit to register my elliptical workout!  So now it says 5 miles instead of 2.something. Yay!  

Nice job on day 3! How did you get it to register the elliptical? I'm not sure if mine does or not, so that'd be good to know how to do.

Track it manually. But not as elliptical. As running. It'll ask time o (clock time), distance ( miles), duration (how long you ran). If you do it as elliptical, it doesn't accurately count mileage for some reason.  

• Like 1

3:4  went well. Logged all foods.  Did 3.8 on hell-machine.  Went slightly over on calories, but I have my goal pretty low.  Got my 10,000 plus my miles.   All in all a good day.  Struggling sometimes with finishing my workouts. Why run when sitting is so much easier?  But hey, that's the mindset that gained me 20 pounds. 

• Like 2

Why run when sitting is so much easier?  But hey, that's the mindset that gained me 20 pounds. 

I do this too often.  Once I start in on a workout, I'm usually good to go.  But that mindset is what keeps from starting.  Time to fight it!

3:5   Went pretty well.  Got in my steps, and my 5 miles.  Cheated like crazy on calories, but it was Friday and I have been pretty good, really.  Need a treat every now and then.  Mentally had a good week also, after a rough time.  Tyrath is beat down and cowering.  For now.

Recap:

Week 1:  A+

Week 2:  C+

Week 3:  A

• Like 2

Wow, you really blasted through your goals last week.  Awesome!  I can't even imagine 20 inches of snow right now...in APRIL!  Hope you like to ski, too :)

It's called springtime in the Rockies.  And it sucks eggs.  In fact, as I look out my window, I see flurries.  Poop.  Once upon a time, a long time ago, we got 2 feet mid-May.  Brought down power lines and trees.

4:1 & 4:2    Taking a break.  Daughter and I channeled our inner Hobbits and took an 11 mile hike.  It was fun.  Cold and windy, but fun.  So, I figure since I am still somewhat on track mileage wise for the week, I will wait a day or so and let my calf heal.  Pulled something, well, pulled my calf muscle.  Think it was because my athletic shoes were toast.  (they were easily 4 years old)  Got some new ones yesterday and chucked those puppies in the trash.  Plus the trail was wonky in spots, very uneven and hard to walk on.  So I must have over compensated somehow.  Anywho, with my daily steps and the 11 miles, I am not to far off track for my weekly mileage.  Still logging all foods, trying to stay on track there, or at least close (very close).  May be a B+ week, but it's still early days.

• Like 1