Ares sounds war drums

AresPandora

Fellow soldiers of the world, hear me! I am the powerful Ares, and I have returned to you after a long hiatus to make up for past mistakes and forge a brighter future for us all.

Firstly, let me express my regret at leaving you to your own devices. I chose to leave to pursue an even more fearful enemy, one I have not known for a long while. Since that enemy has been satisfactorily defeated, I am returning to begin anew the battle we all war against: the war of self.

Okay, enough of that, then.

I'm here again 'cause I entered into a new relationship, but back again because I don't want to be fat and happy anymore, just happy.

Here's my goals for this challenge:

1.) Log in 13km weekly. Measurable, more than do-able. This does not include my mileage from the weekend, which I can usually do up to 10km just on Saturday. This will be during the week, and in reality, if I go out two or three times a week, I should be able to do this easy. My usual run is about 4-5km anyway. 

2.) Eat bread no more than once a week. Measurable, more than do-able. I should also be tracking meals to keep up my food log and monitor calorie consumption. I'm not actively cutting calories, but I'm trying to stay under 1500, even on "bad" days.

3.) Strength training twice a week. Measurable, more than do-able. 

These goals are pretty easy, I think, but this is more to get back into doing the things, rather than telling myself, "Eh, you can run tomorrow," and then never doing it.

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout
STR: 7 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Alright, so far I've managed to keep my diet good, though I did just receive two care packages from the States, which included a mountain of candy and kraft dinner. So, I have stuck that stuff in the back of a cabinet for now, because out of sight = out of mind. Kinda. haha

Monday I decided to go all out and really make the day count, so I worked out and did a short run working on hills, mostly. A little over 2km, but no flat parts at all. Either going up or down the whole damn time. I hate hills, I really do, so I count this as a win, and something I would like to put into my practice more often. I found a new trail to go on that would actually take me on that same course and lead me to where I work, which is nicely nestled into the side of a mountain as well. However, I'm too embarrassed to run in front of people there just yet. Perhaps I'll work up the 20 seconds of courage, because those are some hills to be conquered!

Tomorrow is a day off work, so I plan on going for a nice long run, on some flatter streets (my normal route for about 5-7km). On Friday I'm leading a hash trail, so I'll get a nice workout there too! I should hit 13km easy this week!

New shoes were received in the care package as well, so I'm slowly breaking those in with walks to work and such. All in all, I'm feeling alright in the first three days of this challenge.

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout
STR: 7 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4