• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

It's both wonderful and also rather annoying how much my mood improves once I start getting regular doses of sunshine. This beautiful weather has me playing outside, getting the yard/garden in order, and generally energetic and optimistic about life. I think you'll find that reflected in this challenge!

Goal One: Move it!

Part A: Kettlebells 2x per week

Same old, same old here. Tuesdays and Thursdays, we kettlebell. Go muscles!

Part B: Go for a bike ride 2x per week

My bicycle situation has been resolved! (Bike was stolen in the fall. I am taking over hubby's bike - which was actually too small for him, and fits me just fine - as we have found a new-to-him bike.)

I'm planning to start bike commuting full time in May - my bus pass runs out at the end of April, and I don't want to buy a new one until September at the earliest. I need to get my cycling muscles back! The 2x per week thing is a bare minimum, and ideally should include one longer ride (10km+) per week. My commute is just over 4k each way, so that should be good. 

I also plan to bike in to work a few times before the month is over, but that will be in addition to these rides. 

A : 16+     B : 14+    C : 12+    D : 10+    F:<10

Goal Two: Eat it!

Good food, that is. Hiroro reminded me of something I said a long time ago about fighting cravings with deliciousness, and it made me realize I was missing an opportunity there. I kept making these healthy, but uninspired meals, and then not feeling satisfied and either eating something else entirely or in addition. So I am going to combine more interesting, healthy meals with some good old fashioned food prep to minimize room for error. That's the strategy in order to get to the following goal:

Metrics: 3 points per day, 6 days per week

Carbs: <100g   Protein: >80g    Calories: <1800

A : 70+     B : 64+    C : 58+    D : 52+    F: <50

Goal Three: Step it!

Get over 222,222 steps in the next four weeks. Just for fun. 

A : 222,222+    B : 202,202+   C : 180,180+    D : 167,167+    F: <159,159

Goal Four: Live it!

This is a laundry list of things I'd like to accomplish in the next month. 

-Remove all leaves and other dead vegetation from the yard, front and back.

-Prep garden beds for planting. 

-Prune trees.

-Build raised bed in back.

-Organize spare room closet.

-Take donations in.

-Organize entry way and front closet.

-Take in cardboard recycling.

-Clean out broom closet.

-Organize hall closet. (Can you tell I have a closet problem?)

A : 8+     B : 6+    C : 4+    D : 2+    F: 1 or less

• Like 1

Last night I grilled up a whack of chicken and roasted a pile of sweet potatoes and cauliflower. I bring both breakfast and lunch to work, so I needed to something flexible enough to incorporate leftovers, but enough if that's all I had.

Plan is to fry an egg to go on top of the veggies, and use the chicken in a salad. Yum!

Sounds yummy Fonzico. How do you season your chicken? I get into ruts of just S+P, but lately have been incorporating more spices via recipes (Bf is obsessed with cumin lol).

Also, your goals remind me of this game:

a6f23dbf031be5dace25917ff285013a1eb07214

• Like 2

Sounds yummy Fonzico. How do you season your chicken? I get into ruts of just S+P, but lately have been incorporating more spices via recipes (Bf is obsessed with cumin lol).

Also, your goals remind me of this game:

a6f23dbf031be5dace25917ff285013a1eb07214e835582428e80d4d8f9c7557_1.gif

This time I marinated it in wet rub of garlic, cilantro, dill, red pepper flakes, evoo and Apple cider vinegar. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it smelled really good!

My go-to though is a spice blend I make myself, and put on everything. It's a mix of paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, oregano, cumin and salt. So good. That's what I seasoned the veggies with.

6 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Right?! I even got a slight sun burn this weekend! Which should probably not make me happy, but it does.

Same here. I looked in the mirror and saw my sunburned nose, and ran out all excited to show my husband.:)

• Like 1

Wow, that's quite a list you've

13 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Goal Four: Live it!

This is a laundry list of things I'd like to accomplish in the next month. 

-Remove all leaves and other dead vegetation from the yard, front and back.

-Prep garden beds for planting. 

-Prune trees.

-Build raised bed in back.

-Organize spare room closet.

-Take donations in.

-Organize entry way and front closet.

-Take in cardboard recycling.

-Clean out broom closet.

-Organize hall closet. (Can you tell I have a closet problem?)

Wow, that's quite a list for a 4 week challenge, but a great Spring cleaning list.  I got started on my little closets this weekend myself.

Wow, that's quite a list you've

Wow, that's quite a list for a 4 week challenge, but a great Spring cleaning list.  I got started on my little closets this weekend myself.

I got started on the raking this weekend, but boy I got tuckered out quickly! I need to get reacclimatised to working in the heat!

It's ambitious, but if I stay on top of things I think it'll be manageable.

• Like 1

Ugh guys, I am SO sick! What a great start to the challenge :( I definitely have the flu and it sucks so bad.

I'm trying to be optimistic about tomorrow, so I'll attempt not to whine. But I really want to.

Modified goals are to keep fluid levels up and rest as much as possible, and worry about catching up on my real goals when I'm recovered.

Oh noes! Take care of yourself. I love orange juice with hot water when I'm sick...like fruity tea.

I've never tried that one! What kind of a ratio do you use?

I spent the first week of the three previous challenges sick. Take care of yourself and heal up as fast as you can. If you need to whine, do so. It's called venting and is good for you.

I was thinking of you, actually: "this is such a Tank move!"

I'm feeling less deathishly today - I came to work, but my brain is a little (a lot) sluggish. I have no appetite either, which is highly unusual for me, even when I'm sick I can usually still eat. I'm trying to force myself to have a little at least though.

Kettlebells are still probably out for tonight, considering short walks are exhausting.

Siiiiigh. So lame.

• Like 1

Er I usually do mostly hot water and add enough orange juice to drink it immediately without scalding my mouth. At least 2:1 water to juice, probably higher -- whatever you like for your tastes, I don't drink straight juice often so even a bit is sweet to me.

Heal up!

Why does my subscription for this topic keep disappearing? Grrr.

Sorry for my absence! There's really not been much to report, as I'm still freaking sick...

Lingering cough, sniffles, but worst of all is the constant exhaustion! I tried to get some sunshine and fresh air yesterday, so went for a very sedate walk... Only to come home and take a 3 hour nap.

I'm working, but it's hard when you're just so bloody tired.

With Hubby's help, I did get the spare room closet cleaned up this weekend, so at least one item on the list is checked off. Otherwise week one was a bust. I still haven't decided if I'm going to kettlebells tomorrow night...

Blerg. I hate being sick so much!

It stinks that you are still sick. Get better soon.

I'm trying!

Actually I feel like I might be a bit better today. I slept soundly, and easily got up on the earlier side of my schedule's spectrum this morning.

Cough is still there, but feels looser.

I'm contemplating maybe going to kettlebells tonight (and taking it seriously easy), depending on how I feel after work. But it's at least a possibility!

Food prep this weekend didn't last very far into the week... Partly because I wasn't feeling well and half assed it, and partly because the hubs has been eating lots of it - which is FINE! I'm happy he's eating lots of good food. I just need to cook more :)

I made a black bean, red pepper, red onion, carrot salad base, on the idea that it would be hardy enough to last in the fridge all week, and I could add whatever to it to make it a meal. That is working really well - so far I've been adding chicken, cilantro and a sesame dressing which is delicious.

I think going forward that a ton of chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, and this salad will be the plan. Maybe green beans too.. I didn't really like the roasted cauliflower from week one, it got kind of soggy.

• Like 2

So I bailed on kettlebells - sister dearest couldn't go, and I decided since my lungs weren't great still I would help her ferry her children around instead. But I did go for a bike ride after I got home! Win! One under my belt, at least :)

I didn't go long, but considering my protracted illness, I'm okay with it. I checked afterwards, and the route I took is about 75% of the length (although much flatter) of my commute (one way). Easy tweak to make it the same length.

Steps are still not anywhere close to where they should be, so I'll get working on that this week too!

• Like 1