BooooooooooOOOooooooOOOOoo sick, but I'm glad to see you're back on the boards! 

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

So glad you're feeling better! Good to see you getting right back into it [emoji4] Sesame dressing sounds yummy...recipe?

I kind of made it up as I went, and I don't remember how much of each was in it! But the gist is to blend together (I used my mini food processor) some garlic cloves, fresh grated ginger, tahini, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, olive oil, chili garlic paste (or spice factor of your choosing) and just a little splash of soy sauce. Or just sub coconut aminos for both honey and soy to make it W30.

BooooooooooOOOooooooOOOOoo sick, but I'm glad to see you're back on the boards! 

Glad to be back! I'm going to make a concerted effort to check in regularly too :)

Food yesterday was quite good - carbs were just a touch over, but otherwise on track.

I may be working overtime tonight, so I packed lots and lots of good food. I made more chicken and black bean salad stuff (homemade Catalina this time). Leftovers from last night include Korean rice bowls (kimchi fried rice, steak, romaine, cheddar, cucumbers, sesame seeds and sriracha. Omg.)

Totally trying to make homemade fermented kimchi- I think it's working, at least it's bubbling like crazy.

I'm going to try to go for another bike ride tonight. For sure if I'm not working late, depending on how I feel if I do.

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Food good - check!

Bike ride -check! And I DID work late, too.

Steps - higher than my recent average (6800 ish vs 4500-5000) but still needs work.

Roasted up some sweet potatoes and green beans last night, as once again my prepped food has disappeared at an alarming rate! But I must remind myself that this is because dh is not eating frozen crap food, so it's good.

I'm going to go to kettlebells tonight, so we'll see how that goes! I'm slightly scared.

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

Kettlebells happened, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be, considering I haven't been in two weeks, and still have a cough...

Mind you, I went light on the weights and didn't push it, pace wise, but still, survival level was high.

I also went for physio yesterday - my shoulder has been killing me lately and it just wasn't getting better.

It's good that I went... But it was a freaking brutal session. I'm still quite sore from it. But like the glutton for punishment that I am, I'm going back again next week to make sure everything is worked out.

Metrics (well carbs) were out of line yesterday... We had burgers and new potatoes for supper. I have no regrets, it was so good! The freshest onion cheese buns you ever did see!

Today will be right where it needs to be though.

Oh, and I almost got 10,000 steps in yesterday! I may actually still meet my weekly goal despite the pitiful start :) I went for a walk after I got back from kettlebells, like a smart cookie.

Yay for Friday! Let's do this weekend thing!

• Like 1

Level 20

Yay back to kettlebell! Stoked for our weekend challenge...I might have to go for a ruck to keep up.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I was not as good of competition as usual, I'm sorry!

I worked my butt off on Sunday doing yard work, but that doesn't translate into very many steps, sadly. I was so beat afterwards, and 6000 steps behind...

Next weekend, though!

Food this weekend was awful. Well, better on Sunday, but Friday and Saturday I just could not turn it off. I hate that feeling. Nothing for it but to respawn today.

I made pulled pork on the weekend, so I've topped the usual bean/pepper/carrot salad with that and some creamy cilantro dressing (homemade mayo, cilantro, garlic, red onion, lemon, salsa verde). Meal #2 is pulled pork with sweet potatoes and green beans.

The studio I do kettlebells at is doing a challenge for their 15th anniversary! It's $100 for unlimited classes for 6 weeks, plus a couple workshops, including a foam rolling one that I'm stoked about! There's prizes to be won for attending classes as well - should be fun!

It starts today, so sister and I are going to go to a kettlebell/yoga combo class (I think it's one and then the other, not both at the same time :P) tonight. Hopefully we like it, as I'd like to add that into our usual two classes a week for the length of the challenge.

It'll help make up for all the classes I missed when I was sick, too.

A couple items were knocked off the list this weekend - the garden/flower beds have been cleaned out, and the front yard has been raked and leaves removed, and the back yard is almost done.

Level 20

Your salad sounds yummy! How was the kettlebell + yoga class? That's great that you're getting psyched for the kettlebell challenge, more motivators is always helpful [emoji4]

The kettlebell yoga class wasn't bad! I think we'll keep going to it for the length of the challenge, but probably not beyond that. It was about half an hour of kettlebells and just over half an hour of yoga.... It's listed as a 90 min class, but it was less than 75 mins, which would annoy me if I were actually paying for it.

It was a good reminder that I need to keep on top of flexibility work, because the yoga portion was challenging, bendy wise. Overall though it was a less intense workout even with being a bit longer than my usual class.

Normal kettlebell class tonight!

• Like 1

Level 20

Step rematch this weekend! I just fitbit-friended a coworker, and then learned he walks like 14k steps/day O_O oh boy.

Rematch indeed!

Um, that is hella intimidating! Even when I was doing awesome, I don't think I ever got my average over 11,000...

Level 20

That kettlebell challenge sounds fun. Love all your yummy food prep. I almost did a step goal this challenge, but decided against it, because I didn't want to have to do all the spring yard work and then have to walk a bunch too.

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

That kettlebell challenge sounds fun. Love all your yummy food prep. I almost did a step goal this challenge, but decided against it, because I didn't want to have to do all the spring yard work and then have to walk a bunch too.

Right? I may regret this move.

Well, the third kettlebell class of the week happened last night! I know I always say it's brutal, but this was even brutaler. Because that's totally a word.

Part of my problem was that I went straight from work to a nutrition seminar (also part of the challenge - it was kind of interesting) which ran late, so I had to go straight to kettlebells. I did eat a little extra in the afternoon in anticipation of this, but I was hoping to have a snack before class.

Anyways, closest I've come to puking in a long time.

It wasn't just the food thing though... When the class was over, everyone just kind of sat there for a minute in stunned silence. Even the super fit lady who always rushes off.

Here's why:

Swing warm up

10 double squats, 1 clean

9 double squats, 2 cleans etc to

1 double squats, 10 cleans

Same thing as above with pushups and double swings.

5,4,3,3 ladder with:

Windmills

Squat kicks

Lunge kicks

Bent over rows

Push presses

With 10 overhead swings in between each round.

2 goblet thrusters, 2 swings

4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10 with no rest.

Then some ab stuff. By that point, I mostly just laid on the floor. I tried to stick with 10kg for everything (including doubles!) But had to go down to 8 half way through the ladder.

• Like 2

Level 20

Well, the third kettlebell class of the week happened last night! I know I always say it's brutal, but this was even brutaler. Because that's totally a word.

Part of my problem was that I went straight from work to a nutrition seminar (also part of the challenge - it was kind of interesting) which ran late, so I had to go straight to kettlebells. I did eat a little extra in the afternoon in anticipation of this, but I was hoping to have a snack before class.

It wasn't just the food thing though... When the class was over, everyone just kind of sat there for a minute in stunned silence. Even the super fit lady who always rushes off.

Here's why:

Swing warm up

5,4,3,3 ladder with:

Windmills

Squat kicks

Lunge kicks

Bent over rows

Push presses

Then some ab stuff. By that point, I mostly just laid on the floor. I tried to stick with 10kg for everything (including doubles!) But had to go down to 8 half way through the ladder.

Impressed that you eventually were able to get up. I'd probably still be laying on the floor:)

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Impressed that you eventually were able to get up. I'd probably still be laying on the floor[emoji4]

The words " I live here now " may or may not have come out of my mouth[emoji14]I sat in my car (and ate an apple and cheese) for like 15 minutes before I felt up to driving home!

• Like 1

Level 20

Here's why:

Swing warm up

5,4,3,3 ladder with:

Windmills

Squat kicks

Lunge kicks

Bent over rows

Push presses

Did the coach just go through a breakup or something?

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Did the coach just go through a breakup or something?

Our working theory is that her kids piss her off before class[emoji14]

Better than the studio owner, who subs sometimes. He's always like "oh man, I had so many donuts/m&Ms/whatever, we better work that off! " and we're like, screw you, buddy, WE ate good today!

• Like 1

Level 20

TEN STEPS! YOU BEAT ME BY TEN STEPS!!! *bows down* all hail this weekend's step Queen [emoji3]. Also, go us for getting over 29k steps for the weekend.

Pfft, that is a tie! It's funny, because I meant to get up and wander around the house a bit before bed, just to solidify my lead[emoji14]but I forgot the time difference makes it so the challenge ends at 10pm my time, and I missed it. I thought for sure you'd have enough to sneak by me! Haha

But seriously. I went for a walk at 8:00 to get past Chris-tien Jinn, and while I was walking, you updated and shot waaaay past. I was like crap, I guess this is going to be a longer walk than I planned for! Good times.

Weekend was awesome in general, actually. Food was on point, some chores got dealt with - taxes are finally done, and the kitchen/dining room floors are spotless. Grocery shopping completed and i picked up necessary bike accessories. Which left plenty of time for good old-fashioned relaxation (by which I mean book reading).

I got three workouts in this week... But zero bike riding! For shame..

I just went back and looked at my original to-do list, and sadly I've only completed 3 of the items, which is putting me in the C- territory. This week is going to be jam packed, too - I'm aiming for 3 classes again, plus actually getting a bike ride in, and then Friday morning we leave town for the weekend. So... My dream of completing 8 might be a little off base. I'm going to aim to at least bring donations in, and get one more closet dealt with. The hubs might knock an item or two off for me as well :D

• Like 1

Level 20

Well speak of the devil...

The owner subbed for kettlebell class yesterday!

And he totally told us that he ate a bunch of candy that we needed to help him work off[emoji14]I guess it was arm day. We spent the entire hour either holding kettlebells above our heads, or getting them up there and down. My triceps are killing me today!

I have Friday off, as we're road tripping it for a disc golf tournament this weekend - I'm very much looking forward to a long weekend and some fun! I'll be doing at least a little rucking too - I'll be caddying at least one round for my DH and possibly up to 4. And his bag ain't light!

I'm going to bring my bike too since I've been awful about getting my rides in... And I'm supposed to start bike commuting full time starting Monday! I'm going to die...

• Like 3

Level 20

Whoo, what a weekend! We had an awesome time at the disc golf tourney -I decided to actually play in it, at the last moment and I'm so glad I did! And not just I won my division[emoji14]yeah, that's right! Got a trophy and everything!

Aaaand I totally biked to work today! I thought it was going to be rough, because I've utterly failed my biking prep goal, but it was fine. My time was basically where I left off last fall - which I attribute partly to having a lighter bike, and partly to just having a better baseline fitness level going on this year :D

Much awesome!

Sadly my weight has actually gone up since this challenge started.. But I think it's mostly bloating from sharkweek, muscle healing, and hella salty dinner last night. I expect it to even out in the next few days.

Level 20

WRAP UP!

So I was super sick for like a week straight at the beginning of the challenge, so I'm modifying goals a bit there since taking it easy was most definitely in my best interests for a bit there.

Goal One: Move it!

Part A: Kettlebells 2x per week

Same old, same old here. Tuesdays and Thursdays, we kettlebell. Go muscles!

Part B: Go for a bike ride 2x per week

My bicycle situation has been resolved! (Bike was stolen in the fall. I am taking over hubby's bike - which was actually too small for him, and fits me just fine - as we have found a new-to-him bike.)

I'm planning to start bike commuting full time in May - my bus pass runs out at the end of April, and I don't want to buy a new one until September at the earliest. I need to get my cycling muscles back! The 2x per week thing is a bare minimum, and ideally should include one longer ride (10km+) per week. My commute is just over 4k each way, so that should be good. 

I also plan to bike in to work a few times before the month is over, but that will be in addition to these rides. 

A : 16+     B : 14+    C : 12+    D : 10+    F:<10

Even with being sick, I made up for a bit here by going three times a week in the last two weeks - 7 kettlebell sessions were achieved! Unfortunately, I absolutely dropped the ball with the biking thing. I went .. twice I think. With modified scoring, I'm going to call that a "B". +2STR +.5END

Goal Two: Eat it!

Good food, that is. Hiroro reminded me of something I said a long time ago about fighting cravings with deliciousness, and it made me realize I was missing an opportunity there. I kept making these healthy, but uninspired meals, and then not feeling satisfied and either eating something else entirely or in addition. So I am going to combine more interesting, healthy meals with some good old fashioned food prep to minimize room for error. That's the strategy in order to get to the following goal:

Metrics: 3 points per day, 6 days per week

Carbs: <100g   Protein: >80g    Calories: <1800

A : 70+     B : 64+    C : 58+    D : 52+    F: <50

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't the greatest at tracking this time around. That being said, I did pretty good more often than I didn't. The meal prep stuff was definitely a good experience - I've continued cooking up large amounts of chicken at a time, which is working well, and the blackbean/carrot/bellpepper/feta salad has become a household favourite. +1CON

Goal Three: Step it!

Get over 222,222 steps in the next four weeks. Just for fun. 

A : 222,222+    B : 202,202+   C : 180,180+    D : 167,167+    F: <159,159

I had 202,156 steps for the challenge, which considering I lived on my couch for like 4 days straight, is an "A"! +2END

Goal Four: Live it!

This is a laundry list of things I'd like to accomplish in the next month. 

-Remove all leaves and other dead vegetation from the yard, front and back.

-Prep garden beds for planting. 

-Prune trees.

-Build raised bed in back.

-Organize spare room closet.

-Take donations in.

-Organize entry way and front closet.

-Take in cardboard recycling.

-Clean out broom closet.

-Organize hall closet. (Can you tell I have a closet problem?)

A : 8+     B : 6+    C : 4+    D : 2+    F: 1 or less

Um... another one I dropped the ball on. I've been having too much fun, playing outside ;) That's good for a C-. +1INT

This challenge was really a mixed bag. It started off pretty rough with a bad bout of the flu. But when I got back into it, I really kicked it into high gear, activity wise. As usual, food choice could have been better, could have been worse. 

• Like 2

Level 20