Go forth, WritingWeaver (Episode 1)

I'm going to try something different challenge and write a story driven type adventure based on my goals. Essentially, my goals are what my character will focus on during her adventure (and also my abilities will be hers to an extent). I’m hoping that it’ll go on for at least a few challenges! Haven't thought of a good name for it yet, so I will change the title when I think of a better one! Monday (April 4) will be the first entry!

Now, for the goals!

Working Out

This challenge, I will aim for increasing them once again by 5lb (hovering between 25-30lb). Weigh-ins will be on Mondays. 

Also, I am including my usual Paleo goal as part of this goal. So, I will be eating clean, aiming for 100% of the time!

-          Training will include:

o   MWF – Rebel Strength Guide lvl2

o   T, TH – Insanity

o   W -- Yoga

Sleep!

I need to sleep more and get into a proper sleep schedule. My aim is for at least 7 hours of sleep, so I would have to be in bed by 9:30 or 10pm the latest as I wake up at 5am for work.

-          Sleep for 7 hours each night

-          Wake up at 5 – 6am everyday

Write Everyday!

I'm planning on using this goal to finish a story I've started as most of the pieces I write are unfinished. It's not going to be like Nano where I set a specific amount of words or pages to end with, as long as I finish the piece and write a little bit everyday, I'll be happy. I am aiming for about 3 pages per day though (as a rough guideline). The story was inspired by the character creator images for NF, so I'm excited for that xD  

PS: I love the Adventurers outfit and I will make it (with a friend's help) for Halloween this year (or comic-con/any other event where adventure may be)!

-          I plan on writing diary entries to my current piece for my challenges :) 

-          Getting back to serious writing

0be38e9a-d94e-481f-867a-f6419603bd12_zps

• Like 3

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Great goals! I like your clear-cut training schedule. And sleep helps with everything else, of course. 

I love that you are going to make the Adventurer costume. What a great idea! You'll have to post pictures for us when it's done :)

• Like 2

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

STR 9/ DEX 6/ STA 15/CON 8/WIS 16/CHA 7

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang 

except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

Silence hung over me as I glanced up at my home, its bright white siding against the darkening sky above, proud and tall as if it were planning to fight off the murky clouds that were blowing in. I sighed and wrapped my coat tighter around my body as I walked up the steps, planning to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I didn’t have anything else to do, I only came home because Sam, my older brother, had promised he would tell me what he had learned from his trip into the city. I wished I could have gone too, the people always had some new information about the trouble going on up north, but I had stormed off before he left. 

I looked up, as the first few drops hit my head, light and warm and I knew it would start pouring soon, finally deciding to enter the house. As soon as I reached for the door, I realized it wasn’t shut all the way and my heart started to beat faster. Mom was always so careful about locking up, especially since we had a few break-in’s years ago, and a chill ran down my spine when the door creaked as I entered.

“Mom? Dad?”

I wasn’t sure if I had sensed something in the house or heard something that had me on edge, but I gathered my courage and moved around the living room, making my way into the hallway. My family may still be asleep, but if that was the case, the door open meant someone else was inside the house. I didn’t want to alert them to my presence.

“Hello? Sam?”

I didn’t expect an answer to my whispered call, and as soon as I thought about it, I felt stupid. Why would anyone answer me if they had broken in? All the windows were firmly shut and the back door was locked as well. I shook my head, feeling foolish as I made my way to mom and dad’s room, hoping they could help me search the house. I silently scolded myself for letting my over-active imagination take over as I made my way down the hall and opened the door to the master bedroom.

The smell made me gag as I gripped the door handle to steady myself while I brought the other hand up to cover my nose from the offensive odor before I flicked the bedroom light on. I looked over to the bed where my parents lay and froze, my eyes widening in shock.

They were both laying on the bed facing each other on what was once white sheets, the heavy blanket covering both of them from the waist down. I took one step, then another towards the bed against my will, making my way towards my mom’s side of the bed until I was standing over her. I saw the source of the blood soaked sheets right away, several stab wounds to their chest before sinking down beside the bed while I clutched at the red sheets, biting my lip in an effort to keep from screaming. I reminded myself that their killer might still be around, but that didn’t stop the blood-curling scream that escaped my lips as I broke down and cried, gripping the bedsheets tighter as I screamed louder.

After a few minutes of wailing, I slowly stood up, my legs shaking so badly I could barely keep my balance, but I glanced towards the hall and started for the door. With every step I could feel a fresh wave of panic set in as I quickly made my way down the hall to my brothers room, flinging the door open and hesitated a moment before turning on the light.

“Sam!”

I was greeted by the familiar sight of Sam’s room and as my eyes glanced around, lingering on his bed a few seconds longer, I realized that he wasn’t here. I opened up his closet just to make sure, wondering if he had maybe hidden away at the first sign of trouble, but he wasn’t there either. I left the room, light on and everything as I headed down the hall and towards the front door, wishing he was here with me. I needed him right now, but as I shut the front door, feeling the cool evening breeze against my face, I realized I was alone.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my heart that pounded furiously against my chest and caught my breath as I descended the stairs, my hands clenched in a fist as I wiped at my eyes. I was going to become stronger and find my brother as well as my parent’s murderer, even if it killed me.

• Like 5

0%
0%

Been in a huge funk this week. No idea why, just felt weird (restless, but no energy to do anything). On Thursday, I finally was able to force myself to do my Wednesday workout (yay!) and doing my Friday one on Saturday to make it up. I've been eating about 80% paleo, so that's great that I've been doing okay with that. 

The sleeping... is almost non-existent. I get in bed around 10, but I am restless and don't actually sleep until about 2am. It may be that I need to work out more, once I'm back on my normal schedule it'll clear up, but it's just been difficult getting enough sleep this week. 

I have written everyday! I do plan on posting a new story part once or twice a week here, so I'm looking forward to having some fun with it :D

• Like 2

0%
0%

Doing anything on too little sleep is tough. I hope the exercise routine helps with that. It's great you got in a workout and are doing another today, though. And fantastic job eating paleo!  The writing every day is awesome, too--great mood booster, I imagine. Love the story :)

• Like 1

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

Hello fellow person with a goal to sleep at least 7 hours. I hope you have been more successful than I have been. This is the one goal for my challenge that I ave not been putting enough effort into.  

Also so hope all your other goals are doing well too. I like the idea of story time for recording your challenge. *following*

• Like 1

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

I hope you can get some better sleep this week!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Hope your sleep is improving, it's something I struggle with as well.

Liking the story (scary!), can't wait for the next chapter. As you know I tell a story in my posts as well, I mirror events in my RL into a adventure for petefeet the halfling.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Thanks everyone, glad you're enjoying it so far :)

The next part will be out a little late as I have to come up with a presentation for my Thursday class (and I'm still not sure what to do it on). 

Goals Update:

Monday workout was great, still sore but I realize that I have to do my workout as soon as I get home or it gets more difficult (motivation wise) to do it. Clean eating is still going well, but all credit goes to my brother for this. He's been eating clean too and made dinner for me twice. Made soup and making chili in batch for lazy meals :)

Sleep has been getting better, I have been able to get to bed for around 10pm! So exciting! 

Yes, I have been writing everyday, but not as much as school started last week. Mostly just have to prep and give some presentations, but I am not good at public speaking so I'll be using 20 seconds of courage (which will be one of my presentation topics). I have been getting some energy back, I do believe that sleep is helping.

• Like 1

0%
0%

Hey, how'd the presentation(s) go?  You really did one on the topic of 20 seconds of courage?  That's very cool.

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

You know, the presentation went great! No one fainted, I was pretty calm during and it was actually...kind of fun talking to people about something I find so interesting and motivating. I only did the first of four, and this one was on starting something and not getting discouraged when we suck. Steve had an article on the topic a while ago that inspired me (plus it was the first presentation so everyone was nervous about their own topic). I wasn't sure if the (partly) humor shone through though as I essentially tried to motivate myself and everyone AND made sure I was first to present (the first time in my life I have volunteered to be anywhere near the first)! One of my classmates did thank me for it after class, so I am glad it helped someone else other than me :)  

Story Update will most likely be tomorrow and next weeks will be on time (Monday).

• Like 2

0%
0%

Great job! Public speaking takes so much courage. That's awesome you volunteered to go first! Everyone always appreciates that person. 

Definitely easier to speak on a topic you care about. 

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

Hope things are still okay for you. I know it gets hard to update, especially towards the end of the challenge. Still wishing you luck with it though! 

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

I am so sorry everyone, I've been doing okay with half my goals. For the last week I didn't work out much, but I did bike to work and I ate reasonably well. Sleep was horrible once again, but this weekend I got a lot of sleep so hoping that I'm on the right track again. 

Three presentations. I had to write and present three so I had very little time to write much, but school has to come first. This week is much slower so I can get more done. Btw, when is the next challenge going up? I was going to do a pre-challenge week to ease myself back into good habits :)

I also applied for 2 office jobs and here's hoping someone calls back, I really need something new. Though I love my co-workers, 9 hours a week doesn't help me save up for fun things. 

So again, I am very sorry for the wait, I'll see what I can post soon :D

• Like 1

0%
0%

Good luck with the job stuff. Sounds like you are making pretty solid progress even with lots of school work.

I think this week is a break, and next challenge starts May 8th. (Anyone else know? I could be wrong). 

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Don't apologize for not posting! Sometimes life happens, and that's okay. We're all just here to be supportive, not to make you feel bad. 

Good job with the exercise and eating. Keep plugging away at the sleep issue. It seems to be a popular goal around here, so you are not alone. Congrats on getting through your presentations--that's an accomplishment on its own! Writing--it does tend to take a back seat to school and work. But I enjoyed the piece you shared and hope you keep at it when you can. 

Good luck with the job search! I'm in the midst of my own. It can be frustrating, but we must persevere! 

Looks like the next challenge is indeed May 8th - June 4th. Best of luck!

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4