Aces3000 Kicks in the A$$

Aces3000

I had to leave work early on Thursday after only about two hours here. Went to a clinic and learned that I didn't have pneumonia, so that is good news. I did work on Friday and felt better. By Saturday, however, I felt crappy again. My cold was bad and I had zero energy. Which sucks, because it was a beautiful weekend in Chicago. At any rate, I spent the weekend around the house and really didn't accomplish anything. Today I'm at work and feel about 80%. 

I'm trying to remain positive.

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Being sick sucks.  You have to give into your body and sleep, plenty of vitamin C, and drugs if needed.  If you don't get over it then it will linger for way to long.  Conquer this then get back to your routine.

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Feeling about 95% today, so definitely much better. I'm seeing the trainer tonight and really looking forward to a workout. 

I'm definitely struggling with these challenges for some reason. I think it has to do with the goals not matching up with what I really want to accomplish. Not sure if that makes sense, because it just occurred to me. For example, I've actually been cutting down on caffeine for the past week and it's going quite well. That wasn't a goal I set for myself at the beginning of this challenge. However now it has become very important. Anyway, I had been drinking quite a bit of coffee and my caffeine intake was getting pretty high. So I'm now tracking it with the goal of limiting to a reasonable amount per day. I'll report on my progress.

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Well I'm back at work today. I feel better, but am still moving somewhat gingerly. I may just do a half day we'll see. On another note, I ordered a copy of Antifragile -  http://www.amazon.com/Antifragile-Things-That-Disorder-Incerto/dp/0812979680, that Steve has written about. Has anyone read it? 

I have not read that but I did like what I got from Steve's summary.  Let me know if it is a good read. 

Feeling about 95% today, so definitely much better. I'm seeing the trainer tonight and really looking forward to a workout. 

I'm definitely struggling with these challenges for some reason. I think it has to do with the goals not matching up with what I really want to accomplish. Not sure if that makes sense, because it just occurred to me. For example, I've actually been cutting down on caffeine for the past week and it's going quite well. That wasn't a goal I set for myself at the beginning of this challenge. However now it has become very important. Anyway, I had been drinking quite a bit of coffee and my caffeine intake was getting pretty high. So I'm now tracking it with the goal of limiting to a reasonable amount per day. I'll report on my progress.

Perhaps you would benefit from a week to week format?   Like each week you set new goals for yourself?   Even if they are the same types of goals, like reducing caffeine, but different limits, 2 a day and then 2 a day.  It gives you the opportunity to reevaluate each week what you are working on and you can either keep things going or try something different.  Maybe pick 3 categories that are constant through the challenge but the goals in each category can change.  Like a food goal, a strength goal, and a cardio goal or something like that.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I have not read that but I did like what I got from Steve's summary.  Let me know if it is a good read. 

Perhaps you would benefit from a week to week format?   Like each week you set new goals for yourself?   Even if they are the same types of goals, like reducing caffeine, but different limits, 2 a day and then 2 a day.  It gives you the opportunity to reevaluate each week what you are working on and you can either keep things going or try something different.  Maybe pick 3 categories that are constant through the challenge but the goals in each category can change.  Like a food goal, a strength goal, and a cardio goal or something like that.  

That's a really good idea. I've put some thought to the kinds of goals I can use. Will post later. 

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Still feeling a bit on the low side this week. However, I am doing well with tracking and limiting caffeine so will count as a win. 

Great night last night. The Mrs and I went to a restaurant downtown that has great food and also Bocce courts. After an hour of hotly contested play we were 1-1. We don't go out mid-week very often so it was a good time. 

I like the idea of weekly goals and will implement for the next challenge. Limiting caffeine has been a good one. Also on my list is batch cooking. We've started planning meals again, so that is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 4

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

That sounds like a fun night out.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I miss the Chicago area with so many fun things. I like the weekly too. Pick one thing a week to focus on then go from there. No pressure, build good habits back into your normal life.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

This challenge is almost over and I feel like it went off the rails. I do see the trainer tonight so that is a good thing. Next challenge I'm going to implement the weekly goals and see how that goes. For now I just need a kick in the pants to get back to the gym. I've only been doing the weekly sessions with the trainer lately. At least it's something, but I feel like my drive slipped a bit after the injury earlier this year. 

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

A quick update before my work day starts. I saw the trainer on Tuesday evening and had a great session. There's nothing like some competition to help with motivation. I have a group session with two other friends and they are progressing really well. It made me feel like I'm falling behind due to my workout schedule being somewhat lighter than in the past. At any rate, I can't have that, so the fire of competition has motivated me. So went to the gym yesterday and did 2000 meters on the rower and some mobility/stretching exercises. Rest day today and then back to the gym tomorrow. 

I'm back. Or at least it feels like I am.

• Like 3

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Not sure why the forums keep unfollowing threads. 

I'm pretty happy with the challenge overall. I was able to log my caffeine intake and get a sense of where I am with that. I saw the trainer three times and I kickstarted my own gym workouts again last week. I did miss a few days due to being sick, but that is out of my control, obviously. I'll spend some time thinking of mini-challenges for the next round. I want to do week-to-week and see how it goes. Onward!

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Great job.  I hear you with the sick.  Weather didn't help the mood either.  Looks like a much better weather week this week.  Taking week by week is kinda what I did.  New I wanted to exercise, eat and do body weight stuff/ walk more.  Didn't goal too specifically and goals each week were based on the previous week and doing better rather than unattainable things then not doing them.  I am going to do the same thing next challenge.  I am headed over to the Rangers group next challenge.  They do a little more aggressive mini's and some do PVP's in their threads.  I really need the push of someone telling me to do some exercise in order to help the team.  Keeps me motivated.  Hopefully the following of thread problem will be fixed.  If not I will find you.

• Like 3

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Following :)

I've noticed you haven't signed up yet for the next doodlie pvp are you in?

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

16 hours ago, Terah said:

Following :)

I've noticed you haven't signed up yet for the next doodlie pvp are you in?

Thanks for thinking of me. I don't think I'll do it this time around. I'm still trying to get in the habit of doing a challenge and still getting all my work done while at work, etc. 

btw - this is last from last challenge. Current challenge not posted yet. Will post a link when it is. 

• Like 1

Aces3000 - Wood Elf