Music that reminds you of your chosen path

Being in law enforcement, probably the 2 songs I use most are "Breakin' The Law" - Judas Priest (actually my old ringtone) and "I Am The Law" - Anthrax (my current ringtone).

But as for life choices...anything Hard Rock/Heavy Metal...since it's all I listen to.

• Like 3

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Promontory from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack. Tell me this doesn't make you want to run through the woods... 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

53 minutes ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

Promontory from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack. Tell me this doesn't make you want to run through the woods... 

I am going to watch that movie now! Thank you for the movie suggestion :D

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

On 25/05/2016 at 7:05 PM, IslandGirl_Becks said:

I recognise that from the backing music of a YouTube video where a coach is delivering a speech to his team.

For my own song of choice, it would have to be Running with the Wild Things by Against the Current. I only recently started listening to it, but it really describes where I am currently in my life. I am escaping from the boundaries of society, and learning to make my own life.

One of my favourite fearless I-can-do-anything music videos.  Since Rangering is about kicking ass at everything (in my definition at least!)

Gaak, I can't figure out how to embed it!

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

At the gym, I usually tune out whatever the coach has playing, although I've picked up a gem or two from his playlist.  Usually Octane style stuff.

But them fire-me-up anthem lately is...

Every WOD is playing with fire.  ;)

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I'm dragging this up because I've been on the search for workout music to get me over the 1 month plateau point, so I've been playing music that reminds me why I'm here. I started because I want to be able to save people, whatever the situation. I want to be able to pick up as many kids as possible and run away fast, jump into water and rescue a drowning person, or climb up a cliff if I need to.

So I've been playing the soundtrack to Kick-Ass! Because it's a film about an average guy who decides to become a super-hero - how fitting!

• Like 2
On 22.4.2016 at 10:18 PM, Prairieknitwit said:

The first time I learned to run I used the Kick Ass soundtrack a lot.  These songs always gets me pumped up for running.

I loooove the whole Kick Ass soundtrack and also connect it with progress, quitting smoking and exercise :D

Also wow, Trollhammaren. Haven't heard that in a while.

I'll go with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKC_RQtvAR0

But what gets me moving and in a good mood and even works for drawing is dubstep, actually. Some older Skrillex stuff mostly.

At 60 miles an hour on course and pace in hybrid mental states
So my pathetic limp kiss has never caught this way
No catalyst begins across the face of those who end
Leaving its scar too deep for all of your attempts to mend

Come on cowards

I've got no choice but this if
I can't get rid of it
You'll never be any match 
For what I can do to myself

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.