'nother nerd noob here

Long story short is probably the best way to go here. Not overweight as a child, but then broke hip at 11, hip repaired with 6 metal rods, then surgery at 12 to remove pins which had caused a deformity in the ball and socket of my hip joint. Lifetime of discomfort enough to keep me from doing much of anything so I became overweight for the rest of my life. (So overweight that when I started this journey 9 months ago I weighed 265 (5'6"). Fast forward about 28 years. I had a full hip replacement, back surgery for a blown disc (from compensating for bad hip all my life) and a couple other surgeries for good measure, all within a 1-year period. It took a couple YEARS to feel like joining life again. Fast forward to 9 months ago (5/2011) and I joined a gym. One of those "ladies only" gyms with 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills and (single-muscle) weight machines. I know, I know, that's not a "real gym" but it's what I've got right now. I've since quit the weight machines (maxed out on them really quickly) and most of the elliptical I do is HIIT or Tabata style and in those 9 months I've managed to lose 30 lbs. For weight work, I do a full-body TRX workout 2-3x/week and am doing the 100 pushups challenge. Then I hit a plateau that lasted more than 2 months. No matter what I did I just bounced up and down the same 5 lbs. A couple weeks ago, I found this site and leangains.com and made a few dietary changes and in the last 6 DAYS I've lost 7.2 lbs. No change in calories, just a lessening of "white" carbs and sugar and adopting the 16 hr fast/ 8 hr feast from leangains. I know 7+ lbs in 6 days is "atypical" but it was just what I needed RIGHT when I needed it to stay motivated, work smarter, not longer and keep focused. I just hit the 30 lbs loss a few days ago and now I'm knocking on 35's door. Love everything I've seen here and hope to learn, and grow stronger daily, with the information and community here!

SO, HI!

tonya