• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chickie.monkey

Chickie.Monkey: 5K or Bust

Week 2 Day 4

Foods:

Got to work - realized I forgot my lunch. Surprise, surprise. This means lunch was a package of Honey N' Oats. 

Dinner - The wife decided to stop at Wendy's for dinner. Whatever. 

Moves:

I really, really didn't want to. I was tired and had a massive headache, but I did it. 

Week 4 Thursday

Thurs: Walk 30 min

Actual: 30:17 1.10 Miles

Between the hills, the headache, the lack of enthusiasm, and the dog, I didn't hit a mile until 26:45. But, hey, I hit a mile.

I started zombies run about 6 months ago (Heard people talk about it on the forums for years...it was honestly one of my biggest incentives for buying a smart phone). It's fun, huh!?

Good job keeping up with everything...except remembering lunches ;-)

Week 2 Wrap-Up

Better late than never...

Foods: 

Did okay during the week. Fell into a box of Wheat Thins over the weekend while marathoning Faking It. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's actually a good show.

Moves:

3/5 days, which I suppose is better than none. I think I may switch the off days to Sat. and Sun. It's so much easier for me to stick to a schedule during the week. By the time the weekend comes, I'm just wiped and lazy.

Week 3 Day 1

Foods:

I remembered my lunch! :D But it was spoiled :( So, I ate a couple of granola bars. My mom took us out to dinner, but I stayed mostly behaved. Got a plate that was basically fajita fillings with chicken and stake. I had some queso, sour cream, and rice on the side.

Moves:

I didn't walk, BUT I did go check out a class at the company gym on my lunch hour. This week they have started a fundamentals class, so I decided to go check it out. It was a lot of stretching and basic movements, but honestly, it killed me. I really liked it! It's amazing how much strength stretching takes when you have to move around/hold up a body with a lot of muscle fluff on it.

More importantly, the place is filled with legit lifting equipment. I swear I heard angels singing when I stepped in and looked around. They even have bumper plates. DO ALL THE OLYMPIC LIFTING!!! I would much rather do this than almost anything.

I'm going to attend the classes 2 more times this week and possibly next week before I decide what to do. I may just go in for open gym and do all the lifting.

Bonus: the trainer that runs the place is a CrossFitter as well, so he can actually help me/spot me when I'm lifting.

tumblr_neubojjaN31rdh9azo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Ooooh yeaaaaah!  Awesome news on the company gym front.   Seriously awesome!   Double awesome! Olys and a Crossfitter for support!   BONUS!     

Your week 2 was a good showing, don't sell yourself short.  Or should I say, don't talk to yourself the way that you told Starpuck she couldn't talk to herself, right? ;)

RDJ-giggle.gif

• Like 1

Ooooh yeaaaaah!  Awesome news on the company gym front.   Seriously awesome!   Double awesome! Olys and a Crossfitter for support!   BONUS!     

Your week 2 was a good showing, don't sell yourself short.  Or should I say, don't talk to yourself the way that you told Starpuck she couldn't talk to herself, right? ;)

RDJ-giggle.gif

Doh! Busted! Yes, ma'am! :D

Week 3 Days 2 and 3

Foods:

Tuesday - lunch was spaghetti that the WW brought. Dinner was cereal. 

Wednesday - Company bought lunch. Still did good. Chicken skewers, salad, a little rice, and a little hummus. And a couple pieces of pita bread. Dinner was pizza.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moves:

Tuesday - nothing

Wednesday -

Week 5 Wednesday

29 minute walk

Actual: 33:13 1.25 Miles

I'm really starting to worry I won't be able to complete the 5k. It's only a few weeks away and I was absolutely dying by the end of today's walk. :chargrined:

Week 3 Days 4, 5, and 6

Apparently I'm slacking on the updates.

Foods:

Good for the most part. Still struggling with the weekend.

Moves:

Thurs: Walk 30 min

Nothing. Made this my day off.
Fri: off (Walk 30 min)

Actual: 31:15 1.11 Miles
Sat: 2 mi run/walk - Decided to go hiking for this. Harder, but way more fun. Time includes stopping to take pictures because I'm a total nature nerd.

Actual: 59:42 2.01 Miles
Sun: off/walk

Week 3 Wrap-Up

Foods:

For the most part, I did well. Prepped my lunch AND remembered it. Most dinners were good. Still struggling with the weekend. I'm also finding that after dinner, I want to eat ALL THE FOOD!!! I'm not quite sure what that's about. I don't starve myself during the day and I have a good dinner. Veggies are always part of my meals just for the fill factor. And sometimes I'm not even sure I'm actually hungry. I just want to eat. #ThisIsWhyIHaveFat

Moves:

4/5

I only missed one day of walking (well, two, but I went to class at the gym, so I'm counting that one). I'm super pleased with that. With the 5K getting closer, and me not feeling any bit of confidence that I'll be okay by then, I am really hoping to make everyday count up until it's Color Run Day.

Very nice job Chickie!  You are doing great!!    It sounds like you're doing all the right things with the food.  Sometimes our bodies are just confusing.   If you're drinking enough water too, I guess just try and tough it out a bit more.

I also love you so much that you said 'this is why I have fat' - which is a much kinder way of saying it than you could have said it.   Good on you chica!

2n1703d.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice job Chickie!  You are doing great!!    It sounds like you're doing all the right things with the food.  Sometimes our bodies are just confusing.   If you're drinking enough water too, I guess just try and tough it out a bit more.

I also love you so much that you said 'this is why I have fat' - which is a much kinder way of saying it than you could have said it.   Good on you chica!

2n1703d.jpg

I actually said it the other way and then changed it. :)

Also, you Rizzoli'd me. It's like you know me so well.  <3

Confession, I just had to look up Rizzoli - but I knew that was Angie Harmon, who I love... even though the only thing I ever saw her in was the short lived, Womens Murder Club.

And, even if you had to change it, it still means you caught it and thought the better of it.  STILL WINNING!

Week 4 Day 1

Foods:

Good. Had my prepped lunch and dinner was chicken, veggies, and some sort of rice thing. 

Moves:

My knees were hurting, so I took the walk to a path near my house. It's relatively flat, so it was easier on me than the neighborhood hills.

Monday - Walk 30 Minutes

Actual: 31:39 1.2 Miles

I'm really enjoying, Zombies, Run! Although, some of it is such a bummer! It really makes me want to get out and move, though. Just to see what happens next. I'm glad I've given it a shot, even if I'm not running. I'll get there!

You can totally do that color run! I'm not even sure why you don't think you can finish it. Of course you can. Just take your time and keep moving.

Zombies, Run is great for that.     And so what if it's not running?  I use it on my bike sometimes (and then the run keeper thinks I am a Kenyan lol) or just for general long hikes when I want to break the silence.

The same company made a similar app, that I believe is called simply, The Walk.   I did that one too, and actually kind of liked it better story wise (You're ... I forget where, when some crazy stuff goes down.   All secret agent like stuff.   And they are trying to navigate you out of one place to the next.)

• Like 1

On 4/28/2016 at 7:13 PM, Xena said:

You can totally do that color run! I'm not even sure why you don't think you can finish it. Of course you can. Just take your time and keep moving.

Thank you! I needed that encouragement. :)

On 4/28/2016 at 9:33 AM, Starpuck said:

Zombies, Run is great for that.     And so what if it's not running?  I use it on my bike sometimes (and then the run keeper thinks I am a Kenyan lol) or just for general long hikes when I want to break the silence.

The same company made a similar app, that I believe is called simply, The Walk.   I did that one too, and actually kind of liked it better story wise (You're ... I forget where, when some crazy stuff goes down.   All secret agent like stuff.   And they are trying to navigate you out of one place to the next.)

I did The Walk a while ago, maybe even a year ago...or more. I loved it because it took place in Scotland, and I'm totally obsessed with Scotland! I actually forgot all about it. Downloading now. :)

Week 4 Wrap-Up

Apparently I did a really bad job of updating this week. Oops.

Foods:

Okay. Could have been better. The weekend, as usual was crappy, although not as crappy as usual. I'm finding the more I'm exercising, the pickier I am about eating crap food. Still a work in progress, but getting better.

Moves:

2/5

There was much rain and I didn't pay attention to the weather report, so I didn't even think about working out during the day because I was just going to workout when I got home. But rain. All the rain. :( 

Saturday I managed to drag myself to the community center to use the treadmill because more rain. It wasn't so bad, I guess. I chose the rolling hills option, so I could stick with the "natural terrain" training. As boring as it is, it actually seemed like better training because I was forced to stay at a consistent pace the entire time. I slowed it down a few times for just a minute, but then sped it back up again. I decided to put on the Netflix and watched Fuller House. That actually helped. That show is pretty amusing. I was in reminiscence heaven.

There's more rain and I forgot workout clothes. I'm hoping for a moment of dryness to get my walk in when I get home. Otherwise, I guess I'll drag myself to community center again.

You stuck it out though chickie!    Way to go.  I'm so proud of ya for sticking through the whole thing.    You did good girlfriend.

ANd rock on signing up for that 5k!

Wait. Holy crap. It's over?! Okay, that was fast. I'm still in 6 week challenge land I suppose.

Sooo....

Challenge Wrap-Up

Get 5K Ready 

All in all I didn't too bad on this one. I missed more days than I would have liked due to the stupid weather, but I also found the treadmill isn't /that/ bad. I guess... 

Conditioning Program: 9/20 - Well, when I look at it like that, uh... huh.... Better than 0/20?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Foods

Food Prep: Prep all lunches for the week on Sunday. I did okay with this one. I'm actually quite impressed with myself.

Side goal: Don’t absent-mindedly shove food in my pie hole. The weekend got me on this one. I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep the food out of my mouth.

Side goal: Try to eat paleo-ish the rest of the time. I did pretty good on this one (except weekends). Most dinners were paleo-ish and even when I went out, I was mostly behaved. 

Life

Complete this challenge: I did it! Yay!!