Main mission: To get back into a positive and healthy lifestyle

Life has been busy with two puppies and a new job. I am spending less time on my mental well-being and physical health.  I want to use this challenge be a catalyst of a healthier mind and body. I have finally found two forms of exercise that I really love. I have been indoor bouldering and doing yoga a couple times a week, as well as some strength training.

My ultimate goal weight is 115-120 and I want to decrease body fat, so here's to hoping!

Goal 1: FitnessWorkout at least 180 minutes per week

Make it to the climbing gym at least twice per week and at least one yoga sessions per week. I would like to do one day of strength training per week and work on the doodlies body weight stuff. 

A - 180+ minutes

B - 150 - 179 minutes

C - 120 - 149 minutes

D - 90 - 119 minutes

F - <89 minutes

Goal 2: Clean eating

No dairy, no processed foods, limited grains. Mostly paleo

A - 6 + days

B - 5 days 

C - 4 days 

D - 3 days 

F - 2 or fewer days per week

May come up with a third goal related to Fitbit.

Life Quest: Post in this thread at least three times per week

Life gets busy and I stop posting (though I continue to do the challenges). I want to keep everyone updated and post gifs and all that fun stuff.

A - 3 posts per week

B - 2 posts per week 

C - 1 post per week

D - no posts

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5172-1347139919-13.

• Like 3

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

Following along, E_Mo. Partially to live vicariously through you for the Cancun trip but the goals also! 

Crush it! 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I read puppies and got sucked in :P

Bouldering sounds really cool. And yoga is always nice. Sounds like you picked two good activities to have as favorites!

good luck with your challenge - I've been pretty bad the past few challenges at posting too.

• Like 1

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

58 minutes ago, Garjan said:

I read puppies and got sucked in :P

Bouldering sounds really cool. And yoga is always nice. Sounds like you picked two good activities to have as favorites!

good luck with your challenge - I've been pretty bad the past few challenges at posting too.

I will have to start posting more puppy pics (though then the thread may just become pics of my dogs).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E_Mo said:

I will have to start posting more puppy pics (though then the thread may just become pics of my dogs).

Nothing wrong with that!

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Totally amped to return to the climbing gym tonight after a 3 week hiatus. Didn't want to have bruises all over my bod for my sister's wedding. It will be fun to return to a gym with a bunch of different routes. 

No processed foods today, however I did eat a bunch of small potatoes. I suppose they are still clean eating, just maybe a debatable paleo food.

I am most looking forward to Friday of this week when I don't have to do anything after work. My plans include taking the dogs out to run and going grocery shopping with some meal prep and a glass of wine.

• Like 1

So far so good on the exercise front. There were only 20 people at the climbing gym when I was there. Got to climb every route in my range and then did cardio (and I didn't even have to wait)!

Decided my third goal: no dessert aside from 85% chocolate. No cookies, no cake, no muffins, no candy. It will be hard, but I can do it! I've been eating far too much of that stuff lately. I also think I will adjust my food goals for the month. A work in progress...

• Like 2

So far so good on the exercise front. There were only 20 people at the climbing gym when I was there. Got to climb every route in my range and then did cardio (and I didn't even have to wait)!

Decided my third goal: no dessert aside from 85% chocolate. No cookies, no cake, no muffins, no candy. It will be hard, but I can do it! I've been eating far too much of that stuff lately. I also think I will adjust my food goals for the month. A work in progress...

Yay for no wait time at the gym! Always amazing when that happens :) Any fun adventures with the pups?

And hello fellow dessert avoider. Let's work together to battle the evil sugar monster! *sending mental waves of motivations*

• Like 2

I'm still here! Still posting! Had some friends visit town this weekend until tomorrow so it has been work straight to play. We did get to go to the gym today for our fun, so that is great. 

Finished last week pretty strong! Did exactly 180 minutes of exercise. Posted (a little). Eating was meh. I have been good about no dessert, though I did sneak a bite of some vegan peanut butter based ice cream. Mmmm. 

Now the real challenge arises this weekend at the all-inclusive resort. My goal is to preplan some body weight workouts, one for Friday and one for Saturday. Nothing too wild, but I at least need to move a bit when all I am going to do is sit on the beach or by the pool and drink or eat.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I'm back and ready to post! So I ate all the food and drank all the drinks in Cancun. I DID do one 30 minute light weight workout while on my trip. Lost a lot of time while traveling and such. Today I am recovering and doing some bodyweight stuff. Can't wait to get back to the climbing gym.

I only ate dessert one time on the trip. Read 3/4 of Tell The Wolves I'm Home. Only got a little bit sunburned. 

On another note, has anyone used StitchFix before? I got my first shipment today and everything was too huge or too small. I'm disappointed. 

• Like 1

Hi y'all.

Working through some post-Cancun injuries. Took a nasty spill after a couple all-inclusive drinks where I bruised my tailbone. It's finally starting to feel better toward the end of the week. Now I'm just left with this not so fun GI problem that has been going on since Monday. I will go climbing today.

We just signed up for our CSA, too! Pumped for all the fresh veggies and fruits.

• Like 1

Good weekend! Went climbing on Friday and then on a 3+ hour bike ride this weekend. Leisurely pace, but lots of hills and it was really hot. It was great because halfway through we got to stop at the pool and take a dip. 

Yesterday we ate Ethiopian. Not paleo, not gluten free, but a whole lot of deliciousness. 

I've been doing pretty well without dessert, though I did get some vegan coconut based ice cream last week. Now I am dreaming of all the deliciousness. 

I am excited to get back to a normal routine and go to yoga on Tuesday. 

• Like 1