NightWatcher13 - NightWatcher keeps moving

Yay, back to full weeks in the challenges! Makes it much neater to keep track of for me, at least.

Main Quest: Reclaiming the Health Bar

SQ 1 - Keep running. I'm repeating week 3 of C2-5K right now due to knee soreness (I'm blaming a combination of travel time over Easter and crazy weather changes the past week - over the last 3 days alone it has changed from snowing sideways, to me running in a t-shirt, to snow again today) but indoors or out, and even if I need to drop back another week to keep my knees from hurting, I do need 3 run per week. Gotten better with it over the last 2 challenges (and I can't wait until I finish the 5k so I can switch to the full Zombies, Run! and drop to probably 2 times a week)

SQ 2 - Step down to Whole 30**, I'll aim to decrease my sugar/grainy/dairy foods over the next 4 weeks so I can go into a Whole 30 without going in cold turkey, which sucks and the "hangover" feels like you're dying. So weekly I'll be cutting out items, this week I'll chop coffee :( alcohol and candy. Coffee is just because I can't get myself to drink it black, and I drink it with a LOT of creamer - the artificial type with a crapload of sugar. (I'll plot out the next few weeks later once I figure out what the smartest way to go about it while emptying my current pantry of pasta.

**I may keep rice in, for 2 reasons - 1 reason is economic, rice is a fantastic budget stretcher, and mine needs some stretch to it, the other is that rice is not a food that I've ever linked to any issues with my body.

SQ 3 - Time to step up my stretch and strength game, which has consistently been my biggest fail recently.

3 workouts a week, half an hour, starting with yoga stretches and making sure I include squats, lunges, push-ups and pull-ups of some type modified for my current strength level, and finishing off with core specific exercises, probably pilates-based with some planks. I'll get an actual routine written down tomorrow (if it's not on here tomorrow, feel free to poke and prod until it's up). 

Life - Guitar is getting let off the hook for now, at least from a challenge standpoint - if it starts sliding it's going back on.

Devotional reading is not off the hook, but has somewhat improved so 6/7 is needed for acceptable levels there, which should not be too difficult.

I'm adding a class on web development on EdX as well, so for a few hours a week I need to be willing to put down the MtG cards and gaming controller and focus on finishing the projects for this as well. The class runs through May 25th, and should be doable in 3-5 hours per week. There are 5 'graded' assignments, so by the end of these 4 weeks I hope to have at least 2 or 3 finished.

As a side note, I'll try to make sure I'm on here a bit more too, since it tends to keep me honest.

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

On 4/5/2016 at 11:50 AM, Elastigirl said:

Looks like a solid plan. I like the way you are slowly working yourself to a Whole30.

Thanks, last time I did Whole30 I went straight into it from the standard American diet,  and I felt about like a Mac truck had slammed into me on day 3 @.@ Hopefully this time I manage to avoid that bit of fun.

SQ 1 - Due to severe allergies I cut my run down a lot (zombies c25k intro, so you set your own pace basically with some running), but still took 1 today

SQ 2 - Have had 1 oops on sugar so far this week, someone gave me a chocolate egg and I didn't think about it before eating it >:( dang mindlessness. Other than that doing fairly well so far, only 3 days in though

SQ 3 - Hoooooly carp, now I remember why I hate planks!!! Today's attempt:

- basic stretches,

- 5 squats x 3

- 3 lunges x 1 (ow)

- 3 wide girl pushups x 2

- 1 30 second plank... barely

- no bar here, so will have to try pull-up inversions back at my apt (did this on break at work)

Well, my knees hate me, and I clearly have zero core strength, but other than that it's a more solid start than I've had the past couple of months, and it's recorded. Of course the real upside is that it really can only go up from there...

Life - Class looks like fun... sadly that's all I can honestly say on that front yet. Did complete reading yesterday and monday, and part 1 of today's so far (each day has 2 parts) so w00t! Much better start than my last few challenges, maybe I'm starting to get back into the swing of things...

56676641.jpg

But still, much happier with the start.

[angst] Holy allergies, Batman. The reason I'm doing my first run & strength workout today is that I literally haven't been able to breathe through my nose the past 2 days; today is better, thanks probably mostly to medication, but it's also why I scaled my run back as far as I did since on top of grumpy knees, I have waaaay too much phlegm in my upper res system. Ewww. Spring, I love you, but go. away. [/angst]

- 3 inv. pullups last night O.O *sigh* well, once again... it's a start, and it really can't go many places but up from here

***grumbles and kicks gravel as she stalks away from the workout bar***

Last week totals:

SQ 1 - Check

SQ 2 - 2 "oops" moments; one Reeses Easter egg and one twizzler that I accepted & ate without thinking first

SQ 3 - 1/3 *sigh* this sucked, even the time I did it sucked massively :(

Life - Reading - 6/7 Class - Up on reading

So far this week - 

SQ 1 - 1 run so far

SQ 2 - Sticking with the same 3 as last week (candy, alcohol and coffee) due to massive caffeine and sugar cravings; I don't want to overload myself and fall on my face

SQ 3 - ...I will do one tonight. 

Life - 3/3 days read so far, class work hasn't been done yet this week

Str workout (after stretches)

- squats - 7x2

- lunges - 4/side x 2

- push-ups - 5x2

- pull-ups - 5x2

- plank - 35s

*pants* yay for muscle fiber recruitment! That's definitely what's going on here, as I didn't do anything (or have enough time) to actually build that much muscle, but it still feels good.

Looks good! Are your allergies better this week? Mine have been in full swing, so hard to do any cardio without the ability to breathe.

Thanks. They're definitely better, but not gone, so I keep clearing my throat every other minute and it's still a pain in the tail while trying to run :/

Ran today, DEFINITELY getting some DOMS from strength workout yesterday. Tomorrow's gonna be fun, doubly so as starting tomorrow morning I'm babysitting 6 kids for the weekend. At least they're good kids, but it'll make things very entertaining... especially 'cause they're used to getting up at 7am, verses my 10-11am from getting off work at midnight and then doing classwork or exercise (or videogames)

Babysitting was a blast, though not terribly productive (obviously)

This week I'm cutting out icecream, sweet baked goods and soda, so basically most extra sugar.  Got a nice fruit smoothie for today though, which is lovely because now that it's stopped snowing it's 80F here 

n-SUNGLASSES-large570.jpg yea!

Got to ride my bike all over town yesterday to run some errands, got about 7 miles in, then took the bike up to the shop today to have it tuned up (I could feel my sit-bones complaining a bit from not being used to the bike) then walked back to the house to grab my car. The shop's only about a mile from my house, so not far at all, but it was a nice little walk.

OK, last week:

Got in all 3 runs

2 str workouts (second same as first)

Did well on the food front

6/7 devotions, behind on classwork schedule (no missed due dates though, just lagging a bit)

Well, yesterday sucked on a food front for dinner; it was my pastor's wife's birthday at our huddle group and I was a **little** bit stressed from events earlier in the day; I do have 1 other day that I plan to be terrible for dinner (another birthday party) that I've planned on for a couple of weeks, but that's a separate day and for this since it's pre-whole, I'm not going to complain about it. But yesterday sucked; I managed to hold onto my willpower all day until about 8:30pm, then had some ice cream cake and very sweet popcorn, and completely missed my reading. Did get my strength training in though.

Other than that, food front is going well, and I'm up on my workouts so far this week, and I can breathe better than last week. 

Sorry for the late update, this past week has been interesting. Again. So a quick cap of last week, then I'll explain the *fun* stuff:

- Runs - only 1 :/

- 2 strength (sorry, didn't record 

- food did awesome, exempting a couple of glasses of wine

- reading is up (7/7), classwork is getting back on track

So, basically last Tuesday I found out that my roommate hadn't been paying her half of the rent for the past few months, which she'd told me she had. I found this out because my landlord got in touch to let me know that the house our apartment is in had sold, and she told me that she needed to settle accounts with her. Now this girl has me blocked on facebook, does not have an active phone, and is not often at the house when I am. Long story short, after talking to the new landlord and other people in my life that I trust and respect, I've asked the new landlord to evict her. So we'll see how much fun that winds up being @.@ Not looking forward to paying 100% of the rent on my own, but I do want at least a couple of months to chill out without another person to worry about; I usually love having a roommate, but this girl has been nothing but a nightmare.

Still waiting for stuff to go through at work with the hiring-in process too, so yea... though if that goes through I won't need to worry about finding another roommate, so that's a plus

BangHeadHere.gif~c200

On the plus side, the weather's been awesome and it should be relatively warm the rest of the week, so I should get to do most of my exercise stuff outside, and I get my bike back from the shop tomorrow :)

Ugh, sorry about the roommate horrors. Being able to get outside and exercise is always a good mood lifter for me.

It was nice to run down to the shop and ride my bike back :) Hopefully this nice weather holds and I can start riding to and from work; I did today but it's definitely chilled down a bit tonight (I get off at midnight). The roommate deal has been interesting to say the least, but hopefully that'll be over here soon. I'm not sure when the landlord was going to put the notice on the door for her. I'm sure that'll be even more interesting before it's done, but hopefully she doesn't try to fight the eviction.

SQ 1 - got run in today

SQ 2 - I was horrible and caved to some chocolate cravings :( Guessing it was more that I had a very low-calorie lunch  (salad, apple, mini-orange... I was lazy and didn't want to cook) so I was super hungry before dinner, even with a snack shake

SQ 3 - no str yet this week, either tonight or tomorrow

Life - read today and yesterday, currently working on figuring out software issues with my class

Belatedly posting a link here to my current challenge, things got really hectic at the end of this challenge but the main goals were mostly met (with the exception that I'm not as far as I would like in my running)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/82155-nightwatcher13-nw-removes-toxic-influences/